Magneto Vs Captain Comet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/3/31666/700461-magneto.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Homo Superior battle.
Unsure which CC makes for a better match up against a no amps classic version of Magneto, pre or post DCnu, so please choose, and go with it.

https://trigonis.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/mystery.jpg

beatboks
The version you have pictured of Comet is post resurrection, so I'll go with that.

Post resurrection was majorly degraded physically while having a substantial amp Psionically. Given that classic pre resurrection Comet could use his me tal power to control the power of Lanterns against thier will (shown against Power Ring, Sinestro, Hal and Kyle) and could TK shield from Ominar Synn when even Kyle Raynkrs shields failed. Combined with the fact post resurrection comet psionically defeated 7 clones of bis former body at once. I'd say Comet tk rips mags apart (post resurrection was also more prone to go all out).

He was also able to TP control Bizarro who is "immune to TP" so its not 100% sure Mag's helmet would protect him from that either.

Delta1938
Originally posted by beatboks
The version you have pictured of Comet is post resurrection, so I'll go with that.

Post resurrection was majorly degraded physically while having a substantial amp Psionically. Given that classic pre resurrection Comet could use his me tal power to control the power of Lanterns against thier will (shown against Power Ring, Sinestro, Hal and Kyle) and could TK shield from Ominar Synn when even Kyle Raynkrs shields failed. Combined with the fact post resurrection comet psionically defeated 7 clones of bis former body at once. I'd say Comet tk rips mags apart (post resurrection was also more prone to go all out).

He was also able to TP control Bizarro who is "immune to TP" so its not 100% sure Mag's helmet would protect him from that either.

Would you kindly tell what you think about pre-resurrection as well? He did leave the version open and I'm curious about that.

beatboks
Originally posted by Delta1938
Would you kindly tell what you think about pre-resurrection as well? He did leave the version open and I'm curious about that.

Pre resurrection IMHO is closer to a split. Mags might even take a slight majority. Comet was more a brick and more inclined to physically take on adversaries falling back on his mental powers only when necessary. It becomes sort of like any powerhouse using their broad range of powers just like Thor rarely uses the isoteric powers of Mjilnor or Superman actually using his speed.

Now classic was a different story yet again. His physical class 100 strength didnt develop until he was in his 30's during a story with Superman where his mental power was stilen and it was all that prevented his body from evolving. So classically he used his mental pwer a lot more. I do think however that Mags would take a majority over classic. Psionic lebels were lower and Mags has faced plenty of tpers tkers of that level.

Delta1938
Originally posted by beatboks
Pre resurrection IMHO is closer to a split. Mags might even take a slight majority. Comet was more a brick and more inclined to physically take on adversaries falling back on his mental powers only when necessary. It becomes sort of like any powerhouse using their broad range of powers just like Thor rarely uses the isoteric powers of Mjilnor or Superman actually using his speed.

Now classic was a different story yet again. His physical class 100 strength didnt develop until he was in his 30's during a story with Superman where his mental power was stilen and it was all that prevented his body from evolving. So classically he used his mental pwer a lot more. I do think however that Mags would take a majority over classic. Psionic lebels were lower and Mags has faced plenty of tpers tkers of that level.

Thanks.

riv6672
Yeah, thanks both of you. That was really great. thumb up

Flyattractor
Gonna go with Post Res Cap.

Genii96
Magneto's shields have withstood the tk of phoenix though

riv6672
Would that be considered a high end low or average showing? And for which character?

beatboks
Originally posted by Genii96
Magneto's shields have withstood the tk of phoenix though

phoenix is all over the place. which color? who was the Phoenix force with etc.

Genii96
Originally posted by riv6672
Would that be considered a high end low or average showing? And for which character?
Wouldn't really call it either tbh,if there is anything constant about pre avx magnus,it's his shields,classic magnus' shield's blocked nearly anything from nukes,to strikes from top tiers to phoenix and even a psionic backlash from galactus iirc. He also has some ridiculous feats like his bullet pulling for kitty, recreating a celestial's body,withstanding his insides being turned to lead(iirc) against proteus and still launched them both to space. Among othersm also if this comet guy is a 'psionic' being like I heard,then he is even more vulnerable to magnus' powers,rememeber proteus?

riv6672
Not sure that last woould work like that but thank you.

Delta1938
Yeah, thanks both of you. That was really great. thumb up

But.....I only asked a question.

riv6672
Well, your question led to more excellent input on the subject.

Flyattractor
New Cap just Teleports inside of Maggie's shield and TK pops his head.

riv6672
If that (first part) were possible wouldnt Nightcrawler have done it ages ago?

"Id"
Magneto's Shields keeps teleporters out.

I don't think this is a straight forward fight.

riv6672
I kind of thought so on that first part.

As for that second part, i think its a good one.

Genii96
Is CC a psionic being or something?

riv6672
Not as far as i know.

beatboks

Not saying post resurrection comet can port thru Mags shields, but teleporters arent all alike. For one thing as best I recall Nightcrawler ant teleport across light years where post resurrection Comet can (though the energy he uses to do so means he cant port again for another hour).

riv6672
Good point. I've argued same effect via different means, too. Like how both Vision and Kitty Pryde go intangible in completely different ways.

Vanguard
Magneto was my favorite villain growing up. I'll go with Magneto

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Flyattractor
New Cap just Teleports inside of Maggie's shield and TK pops his head.

Nightcrawler is a proven idiots in the comics.

See. This is about the only reason that Maggy is a Uber Villian. They keep CIS/PISing his abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.