Rogue (2007)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
All you Aussies out there, Kaz, Esau.. this is a killer flick if you haven't seen it yet.

It stars Radha Mitchell (of Pitch Black fame, whom I love) and Sam Worthington.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00643/news-graphics-2007-_643423a.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0b/Rogueposter2007.jpg/220px-Rogueposter2007.jpg

I loved it. It's Jaws in the outback. Extremely well done. It looks like some crappy straight-to-video release, but it's not. Filmmakers knew what they were doing here and it's awesome. Loved the scenery and wildlife. At times the film feels a little like a nature special. There's nothing groundbreaking about the plot, but it's done so... tastefully, if a horror/thriller can be that, haha. It's just a really well-done creature feature gem.

Esau Cairn
Yeah...I personally love croc films.
There's another Aussie croc film called Blackwater...2 women trapped in a mangrove, literally stranded in trees as the tide slowly rises....

Lake Placid's a fav.
And there's Primal Fear. Real life croc named Gustav that got a taste for humans in Africa.

Patient_Leech
I saw Lake Placid long ago, don't remember it too well. But I'll check out those others on your recommendation.

So did you see this?

steverules_2
I love Rogue, such a good film, I've seen blackwater too. I do love Croc films, in a way they're a bit more realistic that JAWS in that crocs will kill and eat a person, whereas Sharks don't actually like the taste of people.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I saw Lake Placid long ago, don't remember it too well. But I'll check out those others on your recommendation.

So did you see this?

Yeah got Rogue on DVD.

Lake Placid is more of a dark comedy. There's a cool fight scene with the croc versing a grizzly..
Wouldn't bother with the sequels.

Primal Fear's based on the mass killings in Rwanda where one croc was feeling off the corpses & got a taste for humans.

There's also Bait. Aussie made. Tsunami hits Queensland & tiger sharks get trapped in a flooded supermarket...cheesy fun.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I saw Bait a while back.. haha.

Need to check out Blackwater and Primal Fear.

I remember Betty White was in Lake Placid.. haha

Esau Cairn
Yeah I like creature/monster films over slasher/horror any day.

There's an Aussie film coming out soon about a wild boar terrorising the outback.
Kinda reminiscent of Razorback (1984).

Patient_Leech
Can you give me an IMDB link or something for Primal Fear? I can't find it. I keep finding some 1996 flick with Ed Norton.

The Nuul
This topic made me come out of hiding.

I love this movie thumb up

The Nuul
The other croc film is called Primeval and not Primal Fear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772193/

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by The Nuul
This topic made me come out of hiding.

I love this movie thumb up

That's because most of the f#cks here only want to talk about Batman and comicbook movies, which are getting so f#cking boring. sleep

The other croc film is called Primeval and not Primal Fear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772193/

Thanks. I'll look into it.

The Nuul
That's because most of the f#cks here only want to talk about Batman and comicbook movies, which are getting so f#cking boring. sleep

Thanks. I'll look into it.

yeah, all of these comicbook crap are really boring and tiring thumb up

np, man.

The Nuul
I like the actress Radha Mitchell, she's good

Sam is not bad, he's a lot better in this before he got popular

Esau Cairn
Can you give me an IMDB link or something for Primal Fear? I can't find it. I keep finding some 1996 flick with Ed Norton.

Yeah sorry, it was Primeval as Nuul pointed out.

Esau Cairn
I like the actress Radha Mitchell, she's good

Great actress. I just wish she had more roles where she actually survives or not get horribly injured or have a sad ending to the movies she's in.

Esau Cairn
There was another Aussie croc film, maybe early 80's, with a strong Aboriginal theme to it. Trying to save the croc before the hunter gets to it.

Esau Cairn
Dark Age '87.
25 foot croc.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I love Radha Mitchell. She's great. Big reason why Silent Hill was so good.

I'm having trouble getting ahold of Blackwater. Looks like the Blu-ray must be out of print or something, selling for $35 or more on Amazon.. erm

The Nuul
From what I can remember I didn't like Blackwater, Kinda though it was not very thrilling and suspenseful, it was boring.

You can check it out though

The Nuul
I blame you leech for putting the idea in my head to stick around. sneer

I was planning on leaving again... ahuh

Patient_Leech
I watched Primeval. It's sort of goofy. Entertaining, but goofy at times. Like Gustov the killer croc saving the girl from getting raped.. that was goofy. The croc was a little unbelievable. But it was worth a watch, for sure. I have trouble believing much of that actually happened.. but perhaps I'll have to read a little bit about the real events..

Esau Cairn
I like the croc movies more than the shark themed ones simply because sharks tend to be more predictable. They appear, they attack.
Whereas crocs, in real life (& screen) are still a mystery to their behavioural habits. They can ignore you completely adding to the suspense or attack when least expected. Plus getting back on land doesn't guarantee your safety.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.