Captain America vs. Beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Captain America w/ shield vs Beast (either version from X-men). Fight in an open field. Who wins?

Inhuman
Cap/w his shield wins.
You are giving Cap his shield. He can decapitate Beast based on his shield penetrating feats.
Beast doesnt have too many showing to compare feats but Cap was going up against ultron, and took down a shield jet single handed. I think he can take Beast.
Without shield then Beast takes the majority (maybe smile)

TheVaultDweller
Good fight IMO. Pure H2H I would have given it to Beast, but the shield makes things a lot more interesting. If Beast goes in claws-shredding, berserk style, I actually think he could possibly overwhelm Cap. But if Cap manages to land a few hard shield strikes on Beast, I don't see him getting up again quickly. Biggest mistake I can see Cap making is tossing his shield. Beast is agile as hell, and if Cap misses he's going to be totally open to Beast's claws. But I personally would give Cap a majority, because I see him KO'ing Beast with his shield more often than Beast shredding him first.

Arachnid1
I'd give it to Beast actually. Agile as hell, and quicker (since he was able to keep up with, and eventually beat Azazel), complete with claws. The dudes fight with Azazel is more impressive than anything I've ever seen Cap do, since Azazel himself is quicker than Cap. Azazel took out a bunch of armed guards and had the reaction time to teleport around and not get shot despite all of them unloading on him from all around the room, and different angles with fully automatic weapons. I'm not claiming he's a bullet timer, but those are still some impressive reaction feats, as opposed to Cap who just blocks with a shield every time someone aims at him.

Beast would take H2H, but the shield makes it more iffy. If Cap screws up at all, those claws will absolutely wreck him. On the other hand, he can do some serious damage with the shield. If he throws it at all, I see beast catching it and he'd lose his shield. If he keeps it close and fights defensively, he may take the majority. Good fight.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'd give it to Beast actually. Agile as hell, and quicker (since he was able to keep up with, and eventually beat Azazel), complete with claws. The dudes fight with Azazel is more impressive than anything I've ever seen Cap do, since Azazel himself is quicker than Cap. Azazel took out a bunch of armed guards and had the reaction time to teleport around and not get shot despite all of them unloading on him from all around the room, and different angles with fully automatic weapons. I'm not claiming he's a bullet timer, but those are still some impressive reaction feats, as opposed to Cap who just blocks with a shield every time someone aims at him.

Beast would take H2H, but the shield makes it more iffy. If Cap screws up at all, those claws will absolutely wreck him. On the other hand, he can do some serious damage with the shield. If he throws it at all, I see beast catching it and he'd lose his shield. If he keeps it close and fights defensively, he may take the majority. Good fight.

I had forgotten the fight with Azazel thumb up

FrothByte
Originally posted by Inhuman
Cap/w his shield wins.
You are giving Cap his shield. He can decapitate Beast based on his shield penetrating feats.
Beast doesnt have too many showing to compare feats but Cap was going up against ultron, and took down a shield jet single handed. I think he can take Beast.
Without shield then Beast takes the majority (maybe smile)

Didn't seem fair to not give Cap his shield considering that Beast has claws.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, without his shield, Cap has no real defense against just getting torn up.

BruceSkywalker
Cap wins after a nice fight

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Good fight IMO. Pure H2H I would have given it to Beast, but the shield makes things a lot more interesting. If Beast goes in claws-shredding, berserk style, I actually think he could possibly overwhelm Cap. But if Cap manages to land a few hard shield strikes on Beast, I don't see him getting up again quickly. Biggest mistake I can see Cap making is tossing his shield. Beast is agile as hell, and if Cap misses he's going to be totally open to Beast's claws. But I personally would give Cap a majority, because I see him KO'ing Beast with his shield more often than Beast shredding him first.

Pretty fair imo. I do see Beast struggling to work around the shield some, and that will net Cap some wins. I see it like this.

With Shield and Beast going all out for the kill.... He likely wins every time or cap scrapes a win

With Shield and Beast fighting normally.... Tough call, Cap will win some IMO, I'd say 5.5/6 for Beast... but I'm not sold on that.

Without the shield - Beast wins pretty much every single time. He only losses if he gets sloppy and tries to fight Cap at his own game. If he sticks to his, I just can't see Cap winning, let alone a majority.

tkitna
Take the shield away and then its a fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not at all. As usual you're wrong. Beast dominates without the shield. It's close to a non fight

tkitna
Nah. He would have to work for it. Who exactly has he put down that's on Caps strength and skill level? Not saying Beast wouldn't win, but it sure as heck isn't the cake walk you want to make it out to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.