Galen Marek runs a sabers gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Galen as of his duel with Vader in the first game

Warmup: Kas'im

1. Seventh Sister/Grand Inquisitor
2. Qui Gon Jinn
3. Kyle Katarn
4. Sora Bulq
5. Vodo Siosk Baas
6. Savage Opress
7. Darth Malgus
8. Ulic Qel-Droma
9. TCW Darth Maul

Boss: Darth Plagueis

NewGuy01
He could potentially clear, but more likely stops at 9 or 10.

Deronn_solo
Done at Ulic.

NewGuy01
Didn't see sabers. Yeah, Ulic.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He could potentially clear, but more likely stops at 9 or 10. In pure sabers I think Maul has a clear advantage, but more importantly I don't think he is ever defeating Plagueis.

Edit: Nevermind.

JKBart
Interdasking. Honestly, Galen is a weirdo as far as dueling goes.

1. Seventh Sister/Grand Inquisitor - wins
2. Qui Gon Jinn - wins
3. Kyle Katarn - can legitimately go either way
4. Sora Bulq - can legitimately go either way
5. Vodo Siosk Baas - can legitimately go either way, but Galen's chances are way higher tbh
6. Savage Opress - can legitimately go either way
7. Darth Malgus - can legitimately go either way
8. Ulic Qel-Droma - loses in an excellent fight
9. TCW Darth Maul - loses in a less excelent fight

Darth Plagueis - loses in a relatively short, but brutal fight.

Syndicate
9 or 10.

AncientPower
Done at ulic.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Stops at 2

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Stops at 2

Haha no.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Video Games Vader is leagues below canon Vader.
Galen Marek is slightly below TPM Obi-Wan or TESB Luke.

S_W_LeGenD
Possibility of defeat at 7 and above. 5 would be interesting as well.

EmperorSidious2
Video Games Vader is leagues below canon Vader.
Galen Marek is slightly below TPM Obi-Wan or TESB Luke.

Qui Gon Jin though. In the TFU Galen did beat Vader. Any form of Vader is above Jinn, so Galen being stopped at Jinn is IMO false.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Possibility of defeat at 7 and above. 5 would be interesting as well.

Agreed.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Qui Gon Jin though. In the TFU Galen did beat Vader. Any form of Vader is above Jinn, so Galen being stopped at Jinn is IMO false.

Qui Gon was stated in the official toyline to be on par with Windu. Galen doesn't exist in the canon and there lies the problem with Video Games in General. It may look fancy and it may look cool but it is insignificant to the real deal. Means, Vader in the Games can be beaten by a player who controls a rookie Luke Skywalker or a Bounty Hunter or a no name Rebel, yet this won't happen in the canon. Vader in Video Games, like almost all canon characters are subjected to massive PIS and CIS.

Imho Vader in that game is about 10% of the canon Vader and Galen being able to overcome him proves this. Qui Gon would be below canon Vader especially in Sabers, as would be Windu btw, don't get me wrong, but still maybe like 60-70%.

TCW Ahsoka would be a better challange for Galen Marek, though even there I would give Ahsoka the nod.

Deronn_solo
^^
Ayy LMAO

NewGuy01
Qui Gon was stated in the official toyline to be on par with Windu.

Gibe dat hasbro quote. eek!

EmperorSidious2
Qui Gon was stated in the official toyline to be on par with Windu. Galen doesn't exist in the canon and there lies the problem with Video Games in General. It may look fancy and it may look cool but it is insignificant to the real deal. Means, Vader in the Games can be beaten by a player who controls a rookie Luke Skywalker or a Bounty Hunter or a no name Rebel, yet this won't happen in the canon. Vader in Video Games, like almost all canon characters are subjected to massive PIS and CIS.

Imho Vader in that game is about 10% of the canon Vader and Galen being able to overcome him proves this. Qui Gon would be below canon Vader especially in Sabers, as would be Windu btw, don't get me wrong, but still maybe like 60-70%.

TCW Ahsoka would be a better challange for Galen Marek, though even there I would give Ahsoka the nod.

Where is this exact quote said again? I've heard it mentioned but it was either thrown out as old EU, or it is outdated, or just flat out false. I persoanlly see it as flat out false. If that were the case it would mean he would be on par with Dooku, and could have the potential to compete with Yoda. Now was this mentioned as of Windu in his prime, or was it comparing Jinn in his prime to an out of prime Windu? Cause based off of feats in both the force and deuling there is no way Jinn is on that level. Well then we go to his showings in the novel. He was able to hold his won against TFU Shaak Ti, and did get the upper hand if Vader. Like I said any form of Vader is above Jinn.

That last paragraph. Where are you getting information from tow here you think Ahsoka who is skilled can continued with Galen Marek? Ahsoka was never able to get passed Ventress level really. Galen is above that level. Ventress or Ahsoka could never achieve what Galen did in sabers. As I say this I haven't seen tonight's new rebels episode or the one where Vader and Ahsoka may fight.

Trocity
Even if it was true, it would only be true about TPM Mace at best, who is, to my knowledge, essentially featless.

carthage
Even at that point he is still one of the most skilled Jedi in the orders history, and is more or less even with Count Dooku in skill

iirc at least

Syndicate
Jedi Dooku.

Col. Valerian
Kyle might be able to defeat him.

Other than that, could be done 8 or 9, definitely done at 10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.