Who is more durable? Superman or SHAZAM?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Mainly comparing GA Captain Marvel to Pre-Crisis Superman.

Who is more durable?

http://i65.tinypic.com/a4nfcp.jpg

h1a8
Superman, he has better durability feats.

Surtur
Superman. Though obviously not when it comes to magical attacks.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Surtur
Superman. Though obviously not when it comes to magical attacks.

Exactly what I was going to say. thumb up

I remember on the animated fight between Shazam and Superman....Shazam kept hitting Superman with his lightning until Superman nearly passed out.

Mindset
Shazam.

Philosophía
Superman.

leonidas
both have high feats but superman in general, though marvel has feats against magic that superman doesn't.

CosmicComet
Golden Age Marvel family's best durability feat is flying to a zone outside the multiverse, called Infinity.

It was literally just a black void, with nothing in it, because nothing can exist there. Dr. Sivanna couldn't find any way to hurt them before, and thought that would finally be what would destroy them.

Turns out they were totally fine there, and were reaffirmed to be indestructible.

I'm not as well versed in PC Supes' durability feats, but that's the best for the Marvel fam.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
both have high feats but superman in general, though marvel has feats against magic that superman doesn't. Against magic, sure.

But in terms of blunt damage, I think this is the greatest durability feat I've seen in comics:

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a1df29fb2e204cd324f43ee3195cc06e?convert_to_webp=true
https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-08fa8dfc170d27f5ea5a01dc6fbbc2c9?convert_to_webp=true
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33308/1337800-spec1.jpg

Superman slams into Spectre head-first at what can be described as the utmost speeds , ricocheting him back through those same infinite barries, then he gets up as if nothing happened.

That's true Invulnerability.

CosmicComet
I miss PC Supes so much

Surtur
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I miss PC Supes so much

He misses you too. Unfortunately he's going to show you how much he misses you via making sure you never experience any actual success or happiness in life. That's how PC Supes rolls when it comes to his friends.

No matter what happens if he offers to set you up on a "date" just say no.

a88378438
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Golden Age Marvel family's best durability feat is flying to a zone outside the multiverse, called Infinity.

It was literally just a black void, with nothing in it, because nothing can exist there. Dr. Sivanna couldn't find any way to hurt them before, and thought that would finally be what would destroy them.

Turns out they were totally fine there, and were reaffirmed to be indestructible.

I'm not as well versed in PC Supes' durability feats, but that's the best for the Marvel fam.

Golden Age Marvel family have infinite strength,right?

RadZoa
Probably around the same physically although Supes has better feats, he fluctuates a lot more than Billy does. Of course Billy should have much better resistance to magic.

Galan007
Superman has appeared in hundreds(?) more comics than Billy. Obviously his feats(in pretty much all areas that matter) are going to be better.

From an in-universe POV, however, they're roughly equal across the board... Though Superman will almost always be given the nod, given his 'status' within DC. /shrug

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman has appeared in hundreds(?) more comics than Billy. Obviously his feats(in pretty much all areas that matter) are going to be better.

From an in-universe POV, however, they're roughly equal across the board... Though Superman will almost always be given the nod, given his 'status' within DC. /shrug

That was depowered Bronze age Superman who had half of his power drained by Sand Superman.

Galan007
Not sure why you're telling me this..? confused

abhilegend
That Cap was only equal to a depowered Superman?

a88378438
Originally posted by abhilegend
That Cap was only equal to a depowered Superman?
But BA Cap beat a guy had the power of big bang right?
you post them embarrasment

abhilegend
Yes, so?

Galan007
That Cap was only equal to a depowered Superman? Please read my response again:

thumb up

carver9
Not sure why you're telling me this..? confused

laughing out loud

They're both equals.

Pillow Biter
Over the years, the idea that they be exact equals has been eroded to the point where these days I think Superman has a clear superiority in raw power and raw durability.
But Shazam's durability is more robust, having less explicit weaknesses and generally being harder to circumvent.

Galan007
Brownie points for using 'robust' on the comic forums. thumb up

quanchi112
Shazam edge due to superman's magical weakness.

a88378438
Yes, so?
Is that mean PC Superman>big bang?

abhilegend
Yes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by a88378438
Is that mean PC Superman>big bang? Heavens no.

a88378438
Originally posted by quanchi112
Heavens no.
Who is right?You or abhilegend?
I will fight back do something,need take "goku three punch destroy universe" down

quanchi112
Originally posted by a88378438
Who is right?You or abhilegend?
I will fight back do something,need take "goku three punch destroy universe" down Me. He is known for his lack of self control and bias. I'm known for logic, sound reasoning, and my even temperament.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.