Favourite lightsaber combat form

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Which form is your favourite? Which one would you prefer to learn? (you can just name 1 form of lightsaber combat)

I would honestly like to learn Soresu, I like the concept behind it. What about you?

|King Joker|
I like Soresu and Niman

FreshestSlice
Form V Shien/Djem So

Emperordmb
Form VII, either variant works but I'd prefer Vaapad.
Then Form V
Then Form III
Then Form VI
Then Form II
Then Form IV
Then Form I

Darth Demenos
form 5 bc i love the idea of blocking their attack and then quickly retaliating or vice versa and also bc its the best for blocking blaster fire

Darth Demenos
after that it would either be soresu, makashi, or vaapad

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Demenos
form 5 bc i love the idea of blocking their attack and then quickly retaliating or vice versa and also bc its the best for blocking blaster fire

That would be Soresu actually.

Personally I'd like to learn Niman.

Kurk
Makashi because it's the closest to irl fighting styles

FreshestSlice
All of the forms are based on real styles, so...

Beniboybling
Makashi, elegant and effective. rolling on floor laughing

Darth Abonis
Vapaad. Master it and you're unbeatable.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Syndicate
That would be Soresu actually.

Personally I'd like to learn Niman.

i thought soresu was all defense until they mess up then you strike?

if im wrong then what is djem so?

|King Joker|
Yeah, Djem So is all about immediate counter-attacks, so you're right.

S_W_LeGenD
Following:

1. Ataru (incredible acrobatics involved; a spectacle to watch)
2. Niman (enables an individual to unleash Force powers more often during a confrontation; Jar- Kai is a plus)
3. Joyu (Unpredictability)

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Demenos
i thought soresu was all defense until they mess up then you strike?

if im wrong then what is djem so?

That's both of them actually from what I've observed. Not sure.

McP
Makashi is my favourite, Soresu second

Fated Xtasy
Makashi from the Old order.

Fast Style from NJO

JKBart
Makashi
Juyo
Soresu, Djem So
Shii-Cho, Ataru, Niman

cs_zoltan
Grievous' hybrid.

Deronn_solo
Niman or Djem So.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
That's both of them actually from what I've observed. Not sure.
Nope. Soresu is just defense.

Nephthys
I highly doubt Soresu lacks any offensive strikes. That's dumb.

FreshestSlice
No one's fault but Zannah's for picking a shit style.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
I highly doubt Soresu lacks any offensive strikes. That's dumb.
thumb up

FreshestSlice
Why exactly would it be dumb? Jedi know multiple styles for a reason.

EmperorSidious2
Makashi

JKBart
Focus on tight defense, protection of any potential openings, the style created around the capability of swift switching to defense in any position doesn't mean you don't attack at all, kek.

Just your options are very minimal, because you are very limited in options within offense movements. Any movements within purely defensive fighting style have to be handled in a manner that doesn't leave any larger opening, doesn't affect any balance, etc. Your offensive is immensely limited but you aren't just parrying, blocking, and countering the largest openings.

The basic swordfighting logic in any kind of weapon.

Emperordmb
Yeah, kinda like how it would be stupid if Ataru had literally no defense. You'd die the second your opponent could mount an offense if you wield Ataru if that's the case.

AncientPower
Form III: Soresu.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by JKBart
Focus on tight defense, protection of any potential openings, the style created around the capability of swift switching to defense in any position doesn't mean you don't attack at all, kek.

Just your options are very minimal, because you are very limited in options within offense movements. Any movements within purely defensive fighting style have to be handled in a manner that doesn't leave any larger opening, doesn't affect any balance, etc. Your offensive is immensely limited but you aren't just parrying, blocking, and countering the largest openings.

The basic swordfighting logic in any kind of weapon.
You didn't actually answer the question, you know. The novel for RotS even makes Obi-Wan's maiming of Vader another parry. So were was it said Soresu has offensive capabilities, instead of Jedi borrowing from another style to attack?

TheNuisanceBird
Djem So easily. It's fun to learn through TPLA. I also Shii-Cho's fun to mess around with and I also really like Niiman.

NTJack0
Soresu for days.

Col. Valerian
Djem So, Jar'Kai and Makashi are my faves.

juyomaster34
Juyo/Vaapad.
All the Forms,including Jar'Kai,Dun Moch,Sokan,Tra'kata,Classic Shien w/ reverse grip.
Teras Kasi would be my martial art.

NewGuy01
Dun Moch is most certainly not a lightsaber form.

juyomaster34
I know it's kinda one of my many attacks against Force users and Niman practitioners.
Sokan and Tra'kata are n't either their tactics,methods a means to strengthen your advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.