Zootopia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
This movie is gonna be fantastic.

watch?v=bY73vFGhSVk

I'm beyond excited.

Inhuman
Looks like it will be fun.

Furriers will be rock hard from start to finish of this film though.

Q99
Zootopia is out, and oddly missing a thread.

It's blowing up the box office, and has a 99% fresh score at rotten tomatoes. Out of 147 reviewers, 2 didn't like it (!).

Also, I watched it and really, really liked it ^^ Both the main characters are great and they put so much effort into the setting.

I'm wondering at this point whether it'll do Frozen-level!

AuraAngel
How's the music? That's one of the big reasons Frozen took off as well as it did. That and two Disney princesses, which are marketable as hell.

The Nuul
i fcking hate frozen, this looks really good though. i want to see it

Newjak
This movie was fantastic. The character interactions were top notch.

Q99
Originally posted by AuraAngel
How's the music? That's one of the big reasons Frozen took off as well as it did. That and two Disney princesses, which are marketable as hell.

Shakira did the main theme and it fits well. It's very nice, not going to hit Let It Go huge, but you could argue that a plus ^^

Disney Animation Studio has been hitting on personal chemistry in the last few movies, and that's definitely the case here.

juggerman
Took my kids to see this. We laughed more than they did thumb up

Inhuman
Originally posted by AuraAngel

One thing I liked is that characters never stopped the story to start singing a song.

Q99
It's one of the movies where you can tell they thought a lot about how things in the world work- in regard to scale (heavily used!), but also environment, and even things like food (in the background you can see bug-burger places, so that explains where most predators get their protein. Though fish also seems an option).

Kento
I didn't expect to like this movie as much as I did. It was great in just about every aspect. Animation, story, comedy, and I didn't really expect the main villain.

Q99
Originally posted by Kento
I didn't expect to like this movie as much as I did. It was great in just about every aspect. Animation, story, comedy, and I didn't really expect the main villain.

The detective work was surprisingly legit too. It showed a lot more of the legwork than I normally expect.

Jmanghan
..bump.

Jmanghan
Already made this thread :P

Q99
Ah. It has fallen off the front page, so I missed it ^^

Impediment
Merged.

Q99
Wow, and the second weekend numbers report only a 33.4% drop (which is very small for a movie of this type!).

Impediment
I took my daughter to see this today and I think I laughed harder than she did.

9/10. thumb up

Q99
Originally posted by Impediment
I took my daughter to see this today and I think I laughed harder than she did.

9/10. thumb up

It really is an all-ages film, in the best sense.

One bit I like is the two mains were both adult characters. Judy was 24, Nick older than that.

wakkawakkawakka
I found this film surprisingly very good. Still don't know how parents can afford to take kids out to see it during the middle of the day but it was a bit odd at first hearing the adults laugh more.

Q99
An article on the darker version of the story (with predator shock collars) that didn't happen

The Nuul
I really enjoyed this movie. I liked that is was fun, entertaining, dark and a few adult themes. It's a movie where the whole family can enjoy.

8/10

CPT Space Bomb
Yah. I liked Zootopia a lot. Would recommend to anyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.