Red Dead Redemption 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

The rumor mill is in full swing boys. Apparently, RDR2 is going to be revealed at E3 this year. I'm definitely in. I enjoyed Red Dead way more than all the GTA titles combined, and it's definitely in my top ten games of all time.

NemeBro
BILL, I IMPLORE YOU, THINK ABOUT THIS!

Arachnid1
You implore me??? You always were one for fancy words. Implores? I-I implores you to go back and tell them to send someone just a little bit more impressive next time.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

The rumor mill is in full swing boys. Apparently, RDR2 is going to be revealed at E3 this year. I'm definitely in. I enjoyed Red Dead way more than all the GTA titles combined, and it's definitely in my top ten games of all time. You're my boy. thumb up

jaden101
Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You're my boy. thumb up http://replygif.net/i/1171.gif

Originally posted by jaden101
Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack. I miss John too, but he's dead

I'd rather have a new character than be Jack again though

Tzeentch
The next protag should be trans imo.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tzeentch
The next protag should be trans imo. And Asian. They don't have enough representation in Western movies.

NemeBro
Originally posted by jaden101
Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack. While John is way cooler than his son, he's dead and gone.

I suspect the story will be about Jack's life as an outlaw before he finally pulls himself out of that life and becomes a writer, which is hinted to happen in GTA when you find the book "Red Dead" by a "J. Marston".

Either way though, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game and one of my favorite games of all time, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
While John is way cooler than his son, he's dead and gone.

I suspect the story will be about Jack's life as an outlaw before he finally pulls himself out of that life and becomes a writer, which is hinted to happen in GTA when you find the book "Red Dead" by a "J. Marston".

Either way though, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game and one of my favorite games of all time, so I am cautiously optimistic. Good taste in games. This, Udertaile, Dark souls, Old School Thief. You've discovered a ton of badass games before I've played them (I played RDR at launch, but all the others). What are your top games neme

|King Joker|
Yeah, RDR is probably my favorite game I've ever played, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't care for Jack at all, but the article said there may be more than one playable character, so I guess all the Jack-haters won't have to suffer that much, lol. (Assuming Jack is one of the playable characters).

Adam Grimes
There's also the possibility of the game being a prequel, with John running around with Dutch's gang, expanding on their past in a far wilder world. I doubt it, though.

Smasandian
It's probably going to be a new protagonist. Every Rockstar game does that.

Tzeentch
That's my general assumption. I mean RDR is in itself a sequel and it's an entirely new character. I can't imagine why they'd break that pattern now.

Adam Grimes
Well, all the rumours point at the name being Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West.

Considering the first part is called Red Dead Revolver, why would they keep the 'Redemption' title if it's not going to be a sequel/prequel?

Ps: I know the name can be a herring or whatever, just playing DA

Smasandian
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's my general assumption. I mean RDR is in itself a sequel and it's an entirely new character. I can't imagine why they'd break that pattern now.

I agree. In fact, it would be entirely disappointing if they did a follow up with RDR storyline. Rockstar games are not about an immersive world and story but an homage to a certain type of popular culture.

GTA3 - any Italian mobster film/book
Vice City - obviously Miami Vice and etc.
San Andreas - South Central/NWA
GTA4 - a more modern mobster film/book plus heaps of 9/11
GTA5 - current culture, modern society.
LA Noire - LA Confidential, Chinatown, old cop movies
RDR - The Searchers, a bit of spaghetti westerns, John Ford movies

I also read that Red Dead Revolver has more homages to Spaghetti westerns than Redemption but I never played it.

There is probably people who are much smarter who can probably do a better job than myself but the point is there. It doesn't seem Rockstar cares about making a continuous storyline(even though GTA does have some character appearances).

Jmanghan
Red Dead Revival.

Smasandian
Actually, I heard there is a rumour that it's going to be called Red Dead Revue.

Instead of open world, it's a dance/mini-game collection. It has a Rock Band type music game where you can play in a band with a banjo, grand piano and drums. It also has DDR-ish dance game and an FMV sketch based mini-game.

It will probably look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfzctaJZ_M

|King Joker|
don't scare me like that

Jesus McBurger
This needs to happen

NemeBro
Good taste in games. This, Udertaile, Dark souls, Old School Thief. You've discovered a ton of badass games before I've played them (I played RDR at launch, but all the others). What are your top games neme Souls Series
The Elder Scrolls
Undertale
LISA
Mass Effect 2 (I'm still too scared to play 3)
Fallout: New Vegas
Red Dead Redemption
Mount and Blade: Warband
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Spec Ops: The Line
Star Fox 64
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Fable: The Lost Chapters

A few games that come to mind when I think about my favorites.

Arachnid1
Souls Series
The Elder Scrolls
Undertale
LISA
Red Dead Redemption
Star Fox 64

A few games that come to mind when I think about my favorites. I completely missed Spec Ops last gen, though I heard good things about it.

I missed NV too, I heard it was basically a FO3 expansion

Mass Effect 2 is in my top 10 too. 3 isn't as good IMO, but it still has some golden moments. The extended cut does wonders for the ending, and the DLCs are awesome. You should give it a go when they do the eventually 3pack remaster of the series.

I'll give a couple of those a go

Smasandian
Yeah, Spec Op is pretty good. It's a very interesting idea but it got lost in the shuffle of all the other modern warfare type games. But it was fun.

Jmanghan
Souls Series
The Elder Scrolls
Undertale
LISA
Red Dead Redemption
Star Fox 64

A few games that come to mind when I think about my favorites. Dragon's Dogma tho, bruh.

Demonic Phoenix
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/allgamesdelta/1/Red-Dead-sequel-map-leak.jpg

Apparently, that's the map for 2. Gonna be a prequel

Adam Grimes
Everyone in this thread owes me a beer if it ends up being a prequel.

Jesus McBurger
If it's a prequel, then I hope to see John when he was running in the gang, it would be cool if they had like heists and stuff

Adam Grimes
The map has been "confirmed" to be legit.

This is the map without the stupid purple lines that look like rivers + RDR map
http://i.imgur.com/M8pJT4V.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
Are Nuevo Paraiso, West Elizabeth & New Austin going to be a part of RDR2?

Adam Grimes
Nope. Just a combination of both maps for comparison's purposes. I thought the same sad

jinXed by JaNx
Fukin prequels I hate fukin prequel bullshit. It'd be better to do both

Tzeentch
The protagonist should be Bonnie MacFarlane desu.

Nemesis X
John having his life story shared throughout the game was more than enough to explain what transpired prior to the events of RDR so please, for the love of everything, no prequel!

Adam Grimes
But a sequel wouldn't make sense historically nor thematically...

Smasandian
Why?

Adam Grimes
Red Dead Redemption was about the death of the old west. And the post-game missions take place in 1914, and the last stagecoach robbery in RL, considered by historians to mark the end of the old west, happened in 1915.

KCJ506
Honestly, I'd be much more excited if Rockstar finally announced Bully 2.

Smasandian
I tried to play Bully 2 and I thought it was overrated. Not sure why the game was well received.

KingD19
Bully was pretty awesome. It was basically GTA in the schoolyard. A sequel, maybe in high school or college would be awesome.

I am so hoping that this rumour is true.

Other games have come and gone, but RDR has really stuck with me.

Can't believe it came out 6 years ago.

|King Joker|
I would be fine if RDR2 took place before RDR, but personally I don't want it to be focused on John. I think his story has been told and I don't want things to get muddled or whatever. I'd rather it be a completely new cast of characters.

Arachnid1
This got teased this morning on their twitter!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/10/16/rockstar-seemingly-teasing-red-dead-redemption-announcement

jaden101

jaden101
Stand in front of a runaway train

Smasandian
So there going for the Magnificent 7 look.

I think a cool idea would be to play as a sheriff.

Kazenji
They've already tried multiple character's for GTA 5, So yeah possibly more for this game.

Kazenji
Red Dead Redemption 2 is official

trailer coming Thursday.

Smasandian
Yep. Supposedly online is a major part of the game.

And not really a surprise considering how well GTA Online did.

However, if there is any decrease in SP content compared to other Rockstar games then they can go **** themselves because GTA Online is a piece of shit.

dvampire
Which is better? Uncharted or red dead?

Smasandian
Depends what Uncharted you are talking about?

And both are completely different games and genres.

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

However, if there is any decrease in SP content compared to other Rockstar games then they can go **** themselves because GTA Online is a piece of shit.

Agreed with GTA online

I played for a while but it was meh, If folks out there like it good for them.

dvampire

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic.

In uncharted, never pick up the shot gun, it only leads to your death because the enemies will sweat you(surround you)! I have the uncharted collection and are currently playing 1. Why is red dead redemption is better? I'm thinking of buying the game next. That really was my first choice when I was in the local store(buying red dead redemption), but I didn't see it so I got uncharted(I read about 3 when they trapped me in the hospital. Thank Jehovah for Obama!).

Arachnid1

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic. As a whole, Red Dead is way better imo. Great single player with an actually well done open world and story, fun game mechanics, and one of the greatest DLC expansions ever made. Uncharted 2 is the best uncharted by far, but I don't think it compares to Red Dead.

Kazenji
Trying to compare apples to oranges.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
Agreed with GTA online

I played for a while but it was meh, If folks out there like it good for them.

Yeah.

I just hated how ****ing obtuse the system was. In order to play with a friend, I had to login into my own session (which took forevvveeeerrrr) and then they had to join my session (again, forreeeevvvveeeer) and then meet up somewhere in the map.

Then to do activities, I had to start one but drop out whenever I wasn't hosting because there is no mechanic to allow a friend to join a mission with you. If you were not hosting, it was impossible for you to join a mission. Th worst part is when you were not quick enough to exit out of the mission (and sometimes you started the activity in a few seconds) you had to exit it when it started up. Which then made you go through the entire ****ing process of starting your own session and then friend joining the session.

Sometimes it took about half an hour to do on activity. Even worst, the co-op missions had to unlock similarly to the single player portion so you couldn't just start up a co-op mission. It was so ****ing brutal.

And if you had join and all is good......after the mission was over, you were most likely going to get kicked out of your session and you would have to do whole thing over again!

The funny thing....The Division is fantastic for co-op play. Both players log into the game and it takes about 20 seconds to join a friend's server instance. You can fast teleport directly to player and the group sticks together for every mission.

Arachnid1
Trying to compare apples to oranges. Third person single player games with a strong focus on story and shooting mechanics can definitely be compared.

Kazenji
Third person single player games with a strong focus on story and shooting mechanics can definitely be compared.

And one's a open world game with lots of activities and missions and the other is game with linear gameplay.

Smasandian
Yeah. I agree. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are different enough that somebody could like one over the other based on what genre it is.

For instance, a friend of me hates open world games but enjoys games like Uncharted.

Kazenji
I just think they could've name this game something else rather then re-use the Redemption part of the name.

Arachnid1
Yeah. I agree. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are different enough that somebody could like one over the other based on what genre it is.

For instance, a friend of me hates open world games but enjoys games like Uncharted. Agreed on that point, but they are still comparable in many aspects

I just think they could've name this game something else rather then re-use the Redemption part of the name. Yeah, they should have changed it up to keep with tradition. The numbering scheme feels really off

Anyways, we've got a trailer. I like the forest/lake setting mixed with the desert. It looks more varied than the first game.

gmA6MrX81z4

jaden101
PnCX8npep7k

Smasandian
It looks good!

For the little that was shown.

Adam Grimes
I hope the online isn't the main focus and doesn't become a microtransaction shitfest like GTAV erm

Smasandian
Me too. GTA Online is a piece of crap.

But supposedly they made half a billion bucks on that thing....not sure who in the right mind would ever spend a single ****ing cent....but whatever.

jinXed by JaNx
I so hope you can bury people in this one. In the first game if you hogtied a woman and equipped your knife you would slit her throat. It doesn't work on men. I had hours of fun hogtying and slitting the throats of women. The only thing missing was being able to bury their bodies. Someone needs to design a game that allows to dig holes and bury people...,come on, Rockstar.

|King Joker|
Do you guys think RDR 2 will be focused on John Marston again?

Impediment
I honestly hope it's a prequel with more focus on the old west.

Smasandian
I don't see Marston being the main character. Don't all Rockstar game use new characters as main?

All GTA games have unique main characters so I cannot see them using Marston again.

But I do see him being referenced or play a larger role than that if a prequel.

Kazenji
Off Rockstar's Facebook page

Arachnid1
F63h3v9QV7w

That looks so damn good. I like the new protagonist too. He's not a goody two-shoes like Marston so it looks like we'll have the opportunity to be bigger degenerates this time around.

Smasandian
Depends....I have no problem in playing a character who is "bad" but I don't know if I'm going to enjoy playing as a a character that big of a dick.

I need some redeeming qualities.

Arachnid1
I don't mind playing a bad character on one of two conditions.

1. He has an awesome redemption story arc
2. He gets his comeuppance at the end and gets it big

This game is already confirmed to be a prequel since Dutch and his gang are back, and Morgan seems to be a close friend to Dutch. That means Marston is somewhere out in the world too, maybe even at the point in his life where he's part of the gang. This main character is probably pretty big and he didn't cross paths with Marston in the second game, which means he probably dies at some point during this. He'll get his eventually. Hopefully Marston offs him.

You know, it'd actually be really cool to see a flawed younger Marston. I bet he was quite the degenerate outlaw himself in those days.

Smasandian
I don't know. I think most people want to play as a character that has good in them.

The closest I believe to a character who is a terrible person is Trevor from GTA5. However, you also played as Mike and Franklin who were good guys (even though highly flawed).

Still, Trevor was very consistent with his traits and loyalty was one of them.

Granted, it's just a short trailer and who knows what's going to happen but Morgan looks like a ****ing ******* and I don't think I want to play as a piece of shit. And I don't think a lot of players do as well.

ares834
No PC release date?

Damn.

-Pr-
I hope this one is on PC. I never got to play the first one, and I don't plan to buy a ps4 or XBone any time soon.

Smasandian
I'm not sure if there is going to be a PC release.

There wasn't one for the first.....

BackFire
This looks awesome.

Kazenji
This is why i like to have both PC & one of the consoles, For when some of the games that don't get released on PC.

cdtm
Never got past the first mission of the original

Same reason I never get anywhere in GTA's, spent over 40 hours killing people and getting busted by law enforcement.

Nemesis X
Release date is October 26th so it'll be awhile.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/2305482/red-dead-redemption-2-finally-has-a-release-date

Smasandian
Yeah, I was probably dreaming it would come out this spring but.....can't be surprised.

But considering this is the first actual release date, I'm assuming they are going to hit it.

Adam Grimes
Or at least get the game done by then. It's still a long wait ffs.

Adam Grimes
I'm not sure if there is going to be a PC release.

There wasn't one for the first..... That's because the first one's code was a phucking nightmare to program. Same reason there hasn't been a remastered version, because they didn't even master it the phucking first time.

Xbone/Ps4 are more similar to PCs so there's a very high chance PC will get the GTAV treatment.

Adam Grimes
Bump.

https://www.techspot.com/news/76541-red-dead-redemption-2-hands-gameplay-impressions-overwhelming.html

First person camera confirmed. No multiple playable characters at the same time.There's children, apparently. Wildlife has received heavy focus by the devs, as it should be. You can only carry two weapon types at the same time.

Can't ****ing wait my friends. thumb up

Kazenji
Also read about that your hair and beard grows in the game and you have the option of shaving both if you want to, Won't be like GTA: San Andreas where you visit the barber and it magically appears that way

NemeBro
https://screenrant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-balls-shrink/

lol

Adam Grimes
Samzed intensified

Kazenji
Better free up some room on your consoles, Supposedly it needs 105 GB free.

Trocity
Holy mother f**k. That's a massive download. Biggest game I've ever had on my ps4 was something like just under 90GB.

Kazenji
Here it is the info

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/09/27/red-dead-redemption-2-comes-with-a-gigantic-file-size/

Smasandian
Meh, big open world with plenty voiceovers, cinematics and a larger online portion...add 4k textures...100 GB's is not suprising.

What is strange was the Shadow of the Tomb Raider was about 20 GB's but there was only a few areas you inhibit and a lot of the resources were reused.

LordofBrooklyn
In anticipation of the game does anyone here remember GUN?

Kazenji
Meh, big open world with plenty voiceovers, cinematics and a larger online portion...add 4k textures...100 GB's is not suprising.

What is strange was the Shadow of the Tomb Raider was about 20 GB's but there was only a few areas you inhibit and a lot of the resources were reused.

Or even the Witcher 3 for that matter and that too was smaller then RDR 2's HD space

So the file size will be smaller for the people who still aren't using 4K then?

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Sure do, I have it on Steam it's a ***** to get working properly.

Nemesis X

Yeah. I also remember Call of Juarez. Good times.

LordofBrooklyn
Never heard of Call of Juarez.

Smasandian
Or even the Witcher 3 for that matter and that too was smaller then RDR 2's HD space

So the file size will be smaller for the people who still aren't using 4K then?

Sure do, I have it on Steam it's a ***** to get working properly.

Not sure. I suspect maybe? I assume if you have an Xbox One X or a PS4 Pro, it will automatically download the 4k versions. And in reality, why wouldn't it. What's the point on getting those systems if you are not going to take advantage of the extra power.

I'm not sure why RDR2 is a bigger install than Witcher 3. It could be the case that the audio is not compressed as much (original Titanfall download was massive for this reason).

Or there is alot more going on within Red Dead 2 than Witcher 3. The world in Witcher 3 is amazing and is filled with a ton of stuff but there is a lot of re-used assets throughout and a lot of areas with nothing in them.

This could be the case that Red Dead is filled with voiced NPC;s and not a lot of reused assets.

Nemesis X
Never heard of Call of Juarez.

Then you missed out.

Kazenji
Gunslinger was the best one of those Call of Juarez games.

Impediment
Who's going to buy this game? This is day one for me.

My PSN name is Impediment.

My Xbox name is Impedimental.

I'm trying to see who is going to buy which version so I can have online friends and interactions.

KingD19
Ps4 - Juggtacular

Trocity
I bought the $100 Spider-Man, went 50-50 with my gf on AC:Odyssey because she loved Origins, AND I also have BOps4 pre-ordered (1 hour, woot!). I'm gonna have to pass on this game for the time being, maybe get it for christmas or something.

Looks incredible, though.

Impediment
A friend sent me this screen shot. JFC, that's a massive f*cking install.

Tzeentch
Yep, and the console version of games are generally more optimized!

We've long since blown past the 100gb point on PC. Gears of War 4 was 85gb back in 2016.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment
A friend sent me this screen shot. JFC, that's a massive f*cking install.

Supposedly its higher then that for those that are using the PS4 Pro/Xbox one.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
I bought the $100 Spider-Man, went 50-50 with my gf on AC:Odyssey because she loved Origins, AND I also have BOps4 pre-ordered (1 hour, woot!). I'm gonna have to pass on this game for the time being, maybe get it for christmas or something.

Looks incredible, though. You bought black ops 4 instead of RDR2...

You disgust me.

Trocity
I have lots of friends who I play online with and they all got it. I'll get RDR2 eventually, no big deal.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
I have lots of friends who I play online with and they all got it. I'll get RDR2 eventually, no big deal. Oh next you're gonna join a clan and upload shitty 360 no-scope videos while screaming at your television screen.

"HEY WHATS UP GUYS JUST JOINED "SOAR".

Impediment
Is it true that the physical game is two discs?

Smasandian
Yep.

It's a massive game from an audio perspective.

Trocity
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Oh next you're gonna join a clan and upload shitty 360 no-scope videos while screaming at your television screen.

"HEY WHATS UP GUYS JUST JOINED "SOAR".

lol... what the f**k is your problem?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Oh next you're gonna join a clan and upload shitty 360 no-scope videos while screaming at your television screen.

"HEY WHATS UP GUYS JUST JOINED "SOAR". You need to put the meth pipe down and calm down my man.

Jmanghan
You need to put the meth pipe down and calm down my man. Okay.

Arachnid1
Near perfect reviews so far. 98 on xbox and 97 on PS4 which puts it just ahead or on par with Breath of the Wild (which is the 4th highest reviewed game of all time).

Preloaded and ready to go!

BTW heads up if you just like looking up reviews, avoid Gamespot, Game Informer, and especially Polygon. All of them apparently included spoilers, and Polygon has late game to end game spoilers. I haven't read any, but I'm passing along the message.

BackFire
A Rockstar game getting overwhelmingly positive reviews? Can't be true.

Impediment

KingD19
Thats why I pre-loaded the digital deluxe copy.

Smasandian
Yep, me too.

Started playing a few hours ago. A few things I've noticed.

1. The feels very slow. It starts slow and the normal character walking speed is plodding at best.
2. The world feels alive once you get into the "open world" aspect of the game. There is events happening all over the place. However, I have played about 10 minutes of being in the map and I have come across three random events already. I love this aspect but it's totally going to lose all meaning if it happens every 10 seconds.
3. Still getting used to all the controls. It's definitely not as slick as other games. You converse with people but you need to hit LT and then point to the guy and then decide what you are going to say. However, bringing up your gun is with LT and the shooting is with RT. Unless you are pointing towards a NPC..then LT is talk and RT is shoot. I still don't know how to aim a guy when there is an NPC in the way.

Impediment

CroftAlice
Going to buy it next Friday

Impediment
I'm a little over three hours in and I'm loving this game.

The open world exploration is beyond what I expected.

BackFire
Heard this game has obnoxiously lengthy animations.

Smasandian
It does. There is a few nagging issues with the game.

It sometimes takes 10ish seconds to hitch your horse. Also, don't try to grab money from something if you are being shot at.....it takes forever.

Another is the context action for picking up items. It took me 1-2 minutes to pick up a gun that was required for a quest. It drove me nuts because there was other items messing up with contextual button press.

Also, the controls are a pile of shit. Holding the A button to keep up with people is annoying as **** and I'm constantly taking out my gun at the worst times. The melee combat is so sloppy that I don't even know if I won or it was the computer deciding it.

Still a fantastic game though.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah. I also remember Call of Juarez. Good times.

The first, Call of Juarez was a decent game for the time but, red dead Redemption, destroyed any chance that game had, not to mention the clunky controls for, Call of Juarez. Red dead released a few years earlier and did everything much better.

jinXed by JaNx

Impediment
Last night I spent about three hours doing several treasure hunts and scored over five thousand dollars in gold bars.

YouTube has excellent videos to tell where to acquire maps and how to solve them.

Smasandian
Yep. For maps, I found the areas where they are located but I had to view a video to find exact location because the prompt to search operates in a very small area.

It's kind of annoying to be honest. They should have added the ability to find search areas with the "hunt" vision mode.

Impediment
I saw a money clip glitch on YouTube and now I'm doing it. It's only a $20 clip, but the glitch will allow you to pick it up over and over as many times as you like. I have the button on my PS4 controller taped down so I don't have to hold it. I'm already up to 40K.

Smasandian
Doesn't that break the immersion though....

Impediment
Damn the immersion. I need money. I stopped at 75K, so I'm probably set for the entire rest of the game. I'm on Chapter 2 with 25% story progression.

I can only imagine what Red Dead Online will be like, money-wise.

Smasandian
I see. I have 4K and I have run out of things to buy.

On other note, the controls are ****ing terrible in this game. And navigating in tight spaces is very frustrating sometimes.

The LT - RT combo is still confusing after 50-60 hours. Sometimes hitting LT allows you to aim, sometimes it magically moves your head to the closest person. Slightly pressing RT sometimes brings out the gun to aim...sometimes it brings it out and then shoots the ****ing person.

And contextually prompts are all over the place. One mission I had to shoot a door down...so I pressed LT and then it auto aimed my gun towards the lock. I shot it. And then it asks me to either break the lock, or kick the door down. If you are not in the perfect position, its B and you start the break lock animation (which takes 5-10 seconds). If your character is in perfect position, you can hit B to kick the door down (I believe Y turns into break lock).

The problem is your character movement is terrible in close quarters so the prompt were constantly changing. At a given second, it was either B to break lock, or B to kick door down. I must of tried to break the lock 3 times before the game took pity and got one of the NPCs do it.

It totally breaks the immersion for me when I'm watching a 10 second animation of somebody picking the lock when the lock has been blown away by double barrel shotgun.

Impediment
Online Beta releases tomorrow.

Impediment
I FINALLY finished the main campaign of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'm overwhelmed, to be quite honest. This game blew me away on so many levels and still has so much to offer in side missions and trophy challenges towards to coveted Platinum trophy.

And this was only my first play through as an honorable protagonist. Next time I tackle this massive campaign, I plan to play as a villainous character and see what is different from my previous encounters.

10 out of 10, indeed. Bravo to Rockstar for making such an outstanding video game experience.

StiltmanFTW
FcInMQGcMaQ

BackFire
I'm still playing this. It's good, feels like there's no real narrative, though, just a series of sidequests more or less, which makes it less engaging for me than the first game.

Some great stuff in it, though, and the world is great. Encountered my first KKK meeting the other night out in the woods, listened to them for a while and then threw a stick of dynamite in the middle of them, killing something like 12 of them. It was fun.

Smasandian
The more I think about this game after finishing it...the less I like about it.

The mid-late game missions are ****ing slog, mostly unimaginative and story never kept me engaged enough.

How this game is getting most innovative awards is beyond me. It's a typical Rockstar structured game but plays like your high.

BackFire
I think the nuance in their hunting system is probably the most impressive part about it, and how animals realistically react to you. The rest of the game, I agree, it's pretty standard stuff, essentially just a good open world game with a lot of polish.

Smasandian
Its a very well made game...no doubt.

And the hunting is pretty damn good as well considering a lot of other games have problems nailing it down. But ...they still have poker but removed a key amazing feature of allowing cheating. They still have blackjack and five finger fillet. Added dominos, which is neat but annoying to play against a computer....and they removed horseshoes and liars dice.

The core system was frustrating and didn't add anything meaningful. The idea of your camp is a ****ing joke when you realize it doesn't mean anything at all.....and no fast travel.

And the controls are ****ing terrible. For GTA5, it's okay because you drive your car and rarely every run around. In RDR2, there should be a ****ing stat for how many times you hit the damn A button. It's ridiculous.

BackFire
Yeah, I was reading people's opinion on the game on reddit, and someone made a good point about how the game has all these really interesting and potentially amazing systems in place, and at first you think they'll do something with them or be important, but most of them are pretty worthless, like donating to the camp and what not.

Smasandian
The camp is the worst.....one of my favorite parts of Assassins Creed 2 was the ability to buy stores. Yes, it clicked the OCD collectathon but also gave cash that could be used to buy shit.

Getting meat for your camp means nothing. Unlocking all those upgrades generally means nothing.

BackFire
Yeah the camp is a bit of a wasted opportunity for sure. Aside from going back there to pick up missions or talk to members of the gang, there's no reason to go there. Even the upgrades don't really serve much a purpose after you unlock fast travel. I know donating things to the camp can raise your honor, but it's not enough. It's too bad. When the game first came out and I was reading about how people were talking about the camp and how you could talk to your buddies there, I thought it was going to essentially be like running around on your ship in the Mass Effect games, with a lot of cool dialogue, but it's little more than just a few throwaway lines.

Smasandian
Yeah. It also breaks atmosphere and immersion. Your asked to go out and help but when you get back Dutch says the exact same sentences.

I think they could of made the camp a central part of the gameplay and not a glorified mission hub. I'm not sure how would do it but if the camp is so key to the survival of the posse, use that as main gameplay driver. Maybe a quest line to get a gunsmith so you can modified your weapons. Bringing in meat increases your health core faster...or stamina. Use card games/dominos to help with dead eye. Have more meaningful updates that affect your character in different ways.

But this is also an issue with other activities. It would been awesome if there were numerous poker tournaments you can take part in with bigger stakes...or at least have a high stakes poker table instead of the 5 dollar one. Or a mechanic where you can set up a poker game!

Such a wasted opportunity to add to these activities some gameplay mechanics/events.

Jmanghan
Welp: https://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead-redemption-2-for-switch-listed-by-australian-retailer/

https://www.rdr2.org/news/red-dead-redemption-2-switch-leak/

https://www.rdr2.org/news/nintendo-addresses-red-dead-redemption-2-on-switch/

Smasandian
Hahah.....yeah. It will probably happen but I really don't know why somebody would play that game on the Switch.

Kazenji
Is now coming to the PC on November 5th.

Impediment
I can't wait to see the PC mods.

Flying horses and shit.

Kazenji
Back to the Future mod, Making it like the 3rd movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.