Christopher Reves Superman Vs Hancock, Kurse, Mos Superman, Thor and Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Christopher reves Superman is standing still and all 5 are pounding him as hard as they can, what happens for each interval

1. 30 seconds
2. 30 Minutes
3. 1 hour
4. 4 hours
5. 8 hours
6. 1 Day
7. 1 Week
8. 1 Year

tkitna
If he isn't dead within the first 30 seconds, it wont be much longer after that.

TH3_V01D
wrong thread

TethAdamTheRock
Where's that from?

StealthRanger
They could pound on him all they like, they'll achieve very little if anything at all

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by StealthRanger
They could pound on him all they like, they'll achieve very little if anything at all Truley?

StealthRanger
Guy who's physically powerful enough to move the moon and take attacks from beings in the same weight class? Yeah, most likely

quanchi112
Superman dies very quickly.

Arachnid1
They could pound on him all they like, they'll achieve very little if anything at all This. Reeves laughs them off.

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman dies very quickly. Based On?

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Based On? How weak superman was in his films.

playa1258
He casually moved the moon. Military pressed the San Andreas fault, reversed time.

So weak.

Time-Immemorial
reeves/routh clears

ShadowFyre
Lol. He laughs them off. The only one with the offense to make him really notice is one of Thors sokovia strikes and that shouldnt really injure him.

BruceSkywalker
Reeves Supes survives and takes care of business

TethAdamTheRock
What if they all get like wolverines claws or something?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Guy who's physically powerful enough to move the moon and take attacks from beings in the same weight class? Yeah, most likely

Nah... a bus getting thrown at him temp KO'd him. Missiles in Superman 3 hurt and stunned him. He's been put down via physical means.. He would succumb to these guys, and it won't take all that long.

StealthRanger
Low end showings don't count as valid evidence, but by all means, downplay harder

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Nah... a bus getting thrown at him temp KO'd him. Missiles in Superman 3 hurt and stunned him. He's been put down via physical means.. He would succumb to these guys, and it won't take all that long. I honestly forgot about those but I still don't buy it. Just him flying as fast as he does would be more force than any of thim have exerted.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Low end showings don't count as valid evidence, but by all means, downplay harder

Incorrect, they are showings, just like the ones you listed. People have this blatant misconception that high end showings are legitimate showings, low showings don't count. That couldn't be further from the truth.. that isn't how it works. A middle ground needs to be reached based on ALL showings.

The showings I listed count, and they make it clear he won't be able to take what these guys dish out. He's been put down by MUCH less than the combined might of these guys. Reeves, goes down hard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
He casually moved the moon. Military pressed the San Andreas fault, reversed time.

So weak. Flying around after he was too slow to save his gf isn't impressive in a combat feat. It's travel speed. He struggled with trucks, etc. in combat. A Coke sign hurt the pansy. He gets crushed here.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by quanchi112
Flying around after he was too slow to save his gf isn't impressive in a combat feat. It's travel speed. He struggled with trucks, etc. in combat. A Coke sign hurt the pansy. He gets crushed here.

Damn, its been so long since I've seen those movies. I automatically vote Reeves usually but he does have quite a few showings that say he wont last long.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Damn, its been so long since I've seen those movies. I automatically vote Reeves usually but he does have quite a few showings that say he wont last long. Dc fanboys overrate his feats and ignore his combat showings.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
reeves/routh clears

Yup

Basically Silver Age Superman with on-demand powers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Yup

Basically Silver Age Superman with on-demand powers. Superman needed to trick Zod into depowering himself along with the others. He was getting his ass handed to him. Saying someone has on demand powers isn't a legitimate point it's fanboyism.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Considering what Reeves has gone down to before... he goes down quickly here if they all beat on himi.

Robtard
TIL: Zod and crew from Superman II apparently weren't Kryptonians with Superman's same ridiculous Kryptonian-powers such as stopping a fault line from moving strength and reversing time flight speed

KuRuPT Thanosi
That doesn't help your argument though Big Rob, if they are less than him... they still KO'd him... It was a throw of a bus that did so. These guys all beating on him at the same time have exponentially more force behind them than a thrown bus would. When looking at all the feats.. and averaging the high and low... he goes down. I can't really see any other way around it.

quanchi112
TIL: Zod and crew from Superman II apparently weren't Kryptonians with Superman's same ridiculous Kryptonian-powers such as stopping a fault line from moving strength and reversing time flight speed Quit embarrassing yourself.

Robtard
That doesn't help your argument though Big Rob, if they are less than him... they still KO'd him...

You misunderstood me then. My comment about Superman II was that they (Zod & crew) are greater than Superman, as they have like-powers and there's three of them

KuRuPT Thanosi
he beat them... so they weren't more than them. If a see guy people up 3 dudes I thought were better than him... well, I was wrong and they clearly weren't. Same thing here, they simply weren't as good. More importantly though... even if we assume they were... We can visually see them throw the bus and the speed at which they threw it. It KO'd Superman...

Bus thrown like that is <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Than all these guys beating on him at the same time. Is that not fair enough?

Robtard
You're blaming cheesy 70/80's SFX when we have Reeve's lifting a fault line, travelling FTL, moving the moon etc.

It's also been some time since I watched SM2, but iirc, he caught the bus as to save the people inside. Yeah?

Even if we say his powers are somewhere in between, he's still more powerful than all the other players here. Considering he took hits from people with similar power-levels and then greater in that awful SM4.

quanchi112
You're blaming cheesy 70/80's SFX when we have Reeve's lifting a fault line, travelling FTL, moving the moon etc.

It's also been some time since I watched SM2, but iirc, he caught the bus as to save the people inside. Yeah?

Even if we say his powers are somewhere in between, he's still more powerful than all the other players here. Considering he took hits from people with similar power-levels and then greater in that awful SM4. So now we ignore the film because you say so ?

He struggled stopping the vehicle.

Based off what is he more powerful ? Try to cite a feat to prove something and quit ignoring the combat showings.

StealthRanger
Incorrect, they are showings, just like the ones you listed. People have this blatant misconception that high end showings are legitimate showings, low showings don't count.

Low end showings are not listed by anyone with shred of integrity and only bought up by downplayers and salty people who didn't think certain characters were as powerful as they wanted them to be

And yes, taking the best showings and assuming it to be their best (ignoring obvious outliers, of course), that's how vs debating works, if you don't like it you should go hang out at those DBZ and Narutotard infested cesspits

Except given fiction is inconsistent, there's no real way a mean can be established, thus "average" is a very subjective thing

It's a pipedream and nothing but

He says, probably accepting the best showings for his side and only using low end showings for his opponents, which would make you a major hypocrite (read:quanchi)

quanchi112
I accept all showings for every character. Quit lying, Stealth. Only fanboys ignore showings.

StealthRanger
Nobody's talking to you, Chris Chan lite

quanchi112
Nobody's talking to you, Chris Chan lite You just responded to me so you are dummy.

laughing out loud

Kotor3
That doesn't help your argument though Big Rob, if they are less than him... they still KO'd him... It was a throw of a bus that did so. These guys all beating on him at the same time have exponentially more force behind them than a thrown bus would. When looking at all the feats.. and averaging the high and low... he goes down. I can't really see any other way around it. I believe you are forgetting an important aspect of why the bus had an effect. The bus was thrown by a Kryptonian a being with similar strength and attributes. The bus wasn't the main factor instead it was the force in which it was sent at Superman.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kotor3
I believe you are forgetting an important aspect of why the bus had an effect. The bus was thrown by a Kryptonian a being with similar strength and attributes. The bus wasn't the main factor instead it was the force in which it was sent at Superman.

and? None of the people inside were hurt. Clearly demonstrating it wasn't thrown hard. If it was thrown as hard as you claim... the initial throw would've seriously hurt people.. it was thrown.. flipped on tis side and hit and ground and started sliding. If you're claiming the throw was over a 100 miles an hour.. people would've been hurt. You seem to be claiming it was thrown even faster than that.. which means many would've been killed on initial impact. They weren't.

To say nothing of the fact, that we can SEE visually how fast it was thrown. It wasn't thrown that hard. However, let's say for arguments sake it was thrown at 200 miles an hour. Cool. That is still MUCH less than all these guys could dish out at the same time beating on him. MUCH less.

Kotor3
and? None of the people inside were hurt. Clearly demonstrating it wasn't thrown hard. If it was thrown as hard as you claim... the initial throw would've seriously hurt people.. it was thrown.. flipped on tis side and hit and ground and started sliding. If you're claiming the throw was over a 100 miles an hour.. people would've been hurt. You seem to be claiming it was thrown even faster than that.. which means many would've been killed on initial impact. They weren't.

To say nothing of the fact, that we can SEE visually how fast it was thrown. It wasn't thrown that hard. However, let's say for arguments sake it was thrown at 200 miles an hour. Cool. That is still MUCH less than all these guys could dish out at the same time beating on him. MUCH less. I will have to view the scene again. I don't recall people being on the bus. But less established one thing here. You and others are saying that Reeves was KOed just because he did not immediately remove the bus. I am not sure that is a correct statement. Either way I will review the scene again and respond back.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Low end showings are not listed by anyone with shred of integrity and only bought up by downplayers and salty people who didn't think certain characters were as powerful as they wanted them to be

And yes, taking the best showings and assuming it to be their best (ignoring obvious outliers, of course), that's how vs debating works, if you don't like it you should go hang out at those DBZ and Narutotard infested cesspits

Except given fiction is inconsistent, there's no real way a mean can be established, thus "average" is a very subjective thing

It's a pipedream and nothing but

He says, probably accepting the best showings for his side and only using low end showings for his opponents, which would make you a major hypocrite (read:quanchi)

That is improper debating and you know it. It's like somebody not wanting to bring up certain players who've committed suicide stemming from concussion during their playing days and going... well those were low end showings, that doesn't happen to most. Um no, they are facts, they are submitted evidence.

You seem to be under the misconception that only high end showings count, and by proxy count more than low showings. This is false, and not how debating works. For example, just like IRL, people sometimes go above and beyond what they are capable of.. adrenaline... clarity... one off...circumstances. Just because the lowly Browns somehow beat the Patriots.. does mean that is the base line. Doesn't mean we only count that in our assessment of their team, and leave out the terrible losses they have. They all count. See how that works?

I could easily say his high end showings aren't typical for Superman, that is him going above and beyond what he is normally capable of. I could easily cite, saving the world... Lois as reasons why he was extra motivated and went above and beyond. We see it all the time in real life. Yet in a thread, where they fight in character.. and the OP never states Lois is in danger etc etc... Well, he may not be able to perform the high feats you're claiming are the only valid ones. I could easily argue said premise. Which is precisely why, most all showings count.. high and low.

carver9

Even if we say his powers are somewhere in between, he's still more powerful than all the other players here. Considering he took hits from people with similar power-levels and then greater in that awful SM4.

These are not durability showings. Hell, nothing mentioned in this thread to support Superman has been durabiity showings.

StealthRanger
That is improper debating and you know it. It's like somebody not wanting to bring up certain players who've committed suicide stemming from concussion during their playing days and going... well those were low end showings, that doesn't happen to most. Um no, they are facts, they are submitted evidence.

That's not remotely comparable, at all

Yeah, taking the best showings and assuming it to be indicative of their regular performance, which is how it goes, well, barring outliers, which even then can be a very subjective matter (eg: Thanos vs policemen, Spiderman vs Firelord)

If you want to use low end showings, well I guess that's your call, but you'd better do the same for your side, otherwise you just come across as a major hypocrite

Aaaaand irrelevant tangent, however, unless the feats is stated to be circumstantial (like say, some battleground that makes him more powerful than he'd be in a normal battleground, or some power up given to him by another character), then said "circumstances" don't exist

"Bcoz I dunt liek Supes being dat powarful and I wunt mi gais to win!!!11!!! Sob"

Yeah, I'm just going to go with the "not adding context where it doesn't exist" approach myself

This isn't FactPile, CIS isn't a factor in vs debates unless the OP states otherwise. And see above

#hahahayeahnope

StealthRanger
No, but seriously, love it how every time someone tries to contest high end showings they always go "but- low end showings count too!"

Can you please, at least try to be more subtle when you downplay?

kthnx that'd be rad

carver9
Whats his best durability showing since this is what the thread is about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.