Alan Moore vs. Christopher Priest vs. Grant Morrison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
the holy trinity, the 3 greatest comic book writers of all time

out of these 3 top tier guys...who has the greatest body of work, legacy etc.

SquallX
Jack ****ing Kirby that's who.

Since Kirby's not on there, i'll pick Morrison, with Moore coming in pretty close.

DarkSaint85
Not Priest...

ghostman
grant morrison. the invisibles> watchmen

riv6672
Originally posted by SWblayde938
the holy trinity, the 3 greatest comic book writers of all time

out of these 3 top tier guys...who has the greatest body of work, legacy etc.
Priest is a hack.

Of the other two niether is the geeatest comic book writer of all time. Both are good, and have made gnificant contributions, but i prefer Morrison over Moore.

Juntai
I prefer Morrison because I love how high concept it is, and the way he pushes the types of stories a comic can contain....but despite being a ****, Moore is the goat.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by riv6672
Priest is a hack.

Of the other two niether is the geeatest comic book writer of all time. Both are good, and have made gnificant contributions, but i prefer Morrison over Moore.

Priest a hack? i mean its your opinion of course. and you are allowed to have that

but his black panther run is very good

DarkSaint85
Lol.

SquallX
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kirby-forever-2000.jpg

He laugh at this thread because he's creator's not in it.

Juntai
Kirby was the greatest CREATOR, no doubt.
But he won't be found among the best writers.

Galan007
Morrison, undoubtedly.

I always thought Moore got more praise than he deserved. He's good, but he puts too much of his personal views/opinions on society and whatnot in his projects... Never have cared for that.

leonidas
never loved moore. i'd put priest ahead of him. i actually liked his panther run too. morrison is FAR and away the best on that list. i like snyder an awful lot too.

riv6672
Originally posted by SWblayde938
Priest a hack? i mean its your opinion of course. and you are allowed to have that

but his black panther run is very good
That run is why i consider him a hack.
He turned a perfectly nice guy into an *******.

SWblayde938
wait so people don't rate Preist on the same level as Moore and Morrison? but shoudln't this be the holy trinity?

riv6672
laughing out loud

wuleecat
Name something that Morrison has done which is better than League of Extraordinary gentlemen? Closest he has come is Flex Mentallo, which is a genius piece of writing but still doesn't touch LOEG. Moore's Albion and Skizz aswell, they definitely put him at the top of the pile for this trio.

abhilegend
Originally posted by wuleecat
Name something that Morrison has done which is better than League of Extraordinary gentlemen? Closest he has come is Flex Mentallo, which is a genius piece of writing but still doesn't touch LOEG. Moore's Albion and Skizz aswell, they definitely put him at the top of the pile for this trio.
Invisible.

And Priest over Moore? GTFO. Originally posted by SWblayde938
wait so people don't rate Preist on the same level as Moore and Morrison? but shoudln't this be the holy trinity?
It's Gaiman, Morrison and Moore. Throw in the pre DKSA Frank Miller as well.

riv6672
As long as we all agree Priest doesnt belong in this conversation, the rest is apples and oranges.

Edit:
This was the best work Priest ever put out.

http://valiantuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/QW_001_COVER_SOOK.jpeg

A thoroughly enjoyable well written book.

krisblaze
Anybody putting Priest in any kind of 'top 3 list' have to be out of their ****ing minds.

riv6672
He'd make my top 3 on a list of least favorite BP writers.

-Pr-
Morrison; far more consistent than the other two.

krisblaze
I don't think Priest is bad, but on the level of Morrison and Moore?

-Pr-
I wouldn't say so.

quanchi112
Morrison is overrated.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Morrison is overrated.

Why do you say that?

riv6672
Because not liking things is COOL. wink

basilisk
I would place some of my favorite Moore work ahead of most things, including anything by Morrison, but in terms of quantity I think Morrison has actually produced more stuff that I enjoy. Moore has been hugely influential though, but but I like his older work the best. My favorite Morrison run is still probably JLA - good stories, crazy concepts, and just good fun.

Priest doesn't even rate a mention here.

AlmightyKfish
I think personally I've enjoyed Moore's best stuff slightly more than Morrison's best stuff, but it's pretty damn close between them. Priest really isn't at the same level as these two.

HulkIsHulk
Priest isn't even worth mentipning in the same breath as other two

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Galan007

I always thought Moore got more praise than he deserved. He's good, but he puts too much of his personal views/opinions on society and whatnot in his projects... Never have cared for that.
Funnily enough several people have said Kirby tried to do that from time to time but Stan Lee put kibosh to most of them

StiltmanFTW
Wtf Priest is doing here?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Morrison; far more consistent than the other two.

His New X-Men run would've been so much better if Frank Quitely had drawn all the issues.

I mean, that Igor-something guy was really terrible... as if Marvel called the first guy after doing a basic google search for available artists.

riv6672
I wasnt a fan of Morrison's X Men run at all. But, i acknowledge that it was very innovative. He didnt try to mail it in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.