The Imperial Inquisitorious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
So far, we have seen four Imperial Inquisitors in Star Wars Rebels: The Grand Inquisitor, the Seventh Sister, the Fifth Brother, and an unidentified Inquisitor seen fighting Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra on Malachor.

So, a few questions:

Do you think Inquisitors are inherently meant to hunt down and kill low-level Jedi (Knights, Padawans, etc.)? And if so, why?
Is the Grand Inquisitor the most powerful / skilled of them all? And how do you think the Grand Inquisitor is chosen? Experience, intelligence, combat skill...?
Where do you rank each individual Inquisitor so far?
How many Inquisitors are there, and what determines their rank?

Discuss below!

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Do you think Inquisitors are inherently meant to hunt down and kill low-level Jedi (Knights, Padawans, etc.)? And if so, why?
That seems to be the general consensus, though I haven't seen the quote supporting it. What we do know is that Filoni said Sheev didn't want them being too powerful so the most powerful one would be slightly beneath Ventress at best. This is in keeping with Sheev being fine with Ventress until she hit a certain level of power at season 3. So no, I don't necessarily think Sidious not wanting them to be too powerful means they can't be Jedi Master level combatants, though I haven't necessarily seen the support for them being on that level either, with the exception of the Grand Inquisitor who seems to be at least a Jedi Master level combatant given his standing in the Jedi Order, as well as his knowledge of all seven forms.

Is the Grand Inquisitor the most powerful / skilled of them all? And how do you think the Grand Inquisitor is chosen? Experience, intelligence, combat skill...?
Yes I believe the Grand Inquisitor is the most powerful and skilled, and given his position in the Jedi temple as well as his analytical skills and knowledge of the Jedi Order, I'd say his skill, tactics, analysis, experience, and inside Jedi knowledge just made him the best choice on multiple fronts.

Grand Inquisitor>Seventh Sister>Fifth Brother

I doubt the new guy is>Grand Inquisitor, but I'd say he's likely at least above the Fifth Brother since the Fifth Brother is a derp.

I don't think their numbers are ranks. They seem more like designations to me, much like the Cipher Agents in SWTOR. Otherwise Fifth Bro being higher ranked than Seventh Sis makes zero sense.

NewGuy01
Yes, though in the canon there seems to be less of a discrepancy between strong Jedi and weak Jedi.

I don't know; I'll probably have a more conclusive answer once we've seen the new Inquisitor in action. I think all of the things you mentioned were involved in his selection.

They all have their individual strengths. The Fifth Brother is definitely the most powerful physically and in the Force, the Seventh Sister is easily the best tracker and the most cunning of the bunch, and the Grand Inquisitor is the most well rounded with talents in many areas like piloting.

If you're asking me who the better duelist is between Grand and Seventh, then I'd say it's pretty evenly matched. It's pretty much a matter of technical skill and cold intelligence vs unorthodoxy and cunning.

There's probably not much more than ten of them. Their "rank" is determined by the order they joined the Inquisitorius.

Emperordmb
There's at least 13 of them if there's 1 GI, at least 7 sisters, and at least 5 brothers.

NewGuy01
Unless it goes ---> 1st Brother, 2nd Brother, 3rd Sister, 4th Brother, 5th Brother, 6th Sister, 7th Sister, etc.

|King Joker|
Who do you guys think each Inquisitor seen so far is comparable to as a combatant in canon and/or Legends?

Zenwolf
Eh I still rate Legends Inquisitors as being above them, mostly because they aren't freaking streamlined and were more diverse with their powers than just mere TK.

Emperordmb
Yeah Malorum>GI, as much awesomer as GI is

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh I still rate Legends Inquisitors as being above them, mostly because they aren't freaking streamlined and were more diverse with their powers than just mere TK. Unfortunately in canon there aren't many esoteric / diverse powers in general to begin with, for really anyone.

Fated Xtasy
Eh I still rate Legends Inquisitors as being above them, mostly because they aren't freaking streamlined and were more diverse with their powers than just mere TK.

The vast majority of Inquisitors were a bit sub par imo.

Probus tesla and Malorum were very basic in their force powers

Emperordmb
Yeah but Malorum did decently against Ferus, which is more impressive than any combative showings I've seen from the Rebels inquizzies

Zenwolf
Unfortunately in canon there aren't many esoteric / diverse powers in general to begin with, for really anyone.

True I guess, but it's not as if they couldn't use the Inquisitors to show interesting powers. I mean the diverse powers gotta start somewhere.

I mean I'm not expecting them to like...know anything crazy, but maybe like an interesting quirk or two that separates them from one another.

It would also make the characters have to adapt and approach them in different manners.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
The vast majority of Inquisitors were a bit sub par imo.

Probus tesla and Malorum were very basic in their force powers

Eh Tesla was hurling/deflecting around 5 meter steel beams and chucking Force Lighting and having Force Barrier, Force Speed, wouldn't really say those are basic...at least it being more than just TK.

Although I wasn't singling out any one Inquisitor, was kinda lumping them as a whole.

Fated Xtasy
Do count jerec as an inquisitor btw?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Do count jerec as an inquisitor btw?

Well considering he was one I would assume so.

Fated Xtasy
Well considering he was one I would assume so.

He seemed to be more powerful than a basic Inquisitor though, eve by GI standards

Q99
Yes, Jerec was a High Inquisitor, iirc. Not the top spot, but one step down, and almost certainly actually stronger than the top rank one.

With a few exceptions- like Jerec- most of them were pretty crap, though.

One of the Emperor's Hands fought three, including a high ranking one, and despite three-on-one beat two of them before being stopped.

Emperordmb
The emperor's hands were selected from the best of the Grand Inquisitors though.

And Sheev also says Emperor's Hand>Shadow Guard>Inquisitor

Obviously it makes sense that a hand would be leaps and bounds above an inquisitor.

AncientPower
Yeh Legends inquisitors are far more impressive than the Canon versions.

Jerec was supposedly approaching Vader in power, Brakiss was giving Master Luke an exhausting fight.

Sure there are more but that's off the top of my head.

Beniboybling
Do you think Inquisitors are inherently meant to hunt down and kill low-level Jedi (Knights, Padawans, etc.)? And if so, why?According to the Ultimate Star Wars, the GI's role is to "investigate Force-sensitive individuals and execute swift judgement", you'll also remember how the 7th Sister and 5th Brother were tasked with capturing Force sensitive Younglings, so I think their role expands beyond that to encompass all Force-sensitives of interest. They basically deal with them, which makes sense as Vader can't be expected to handle that all by himself. When he's got other responsibilities besides.

EDIT: Oh and interrogation, according to the TFA Visual Dictionary they actually developed interrogation devices, and of course we see the GI interrogate Kanan.

So I would say there role is actually pretty similar if not the same as it was in Legends.Probably the GI, and I imagine a mixture of all three.
GI, 7th Sister, 5th Brother.I think the number denotes the point at which they joined the organisation i.e. she's the 7th Sister because 6 others have come before her.

|King Joker|
I think the new Inquisitor will be the most powerful / skilled, tbh.

Beniboybling
Do you think he could be the new Grand Inquisitor?

Or will we see one? Guys gotta be replaced at some point right?

NewGuy01
I think the new Inquisitor will be the most powerful / skilled, tbh.

I'm betting on this too. There still isn't a new Grand Inquisitor, but Filoni hinted at an Inquisitor stronger than the Grand. At first I thought it was the Sister, but this guy gives off this vibe like he's Vader's right arm of sorts. He looks very Starkiller-esque.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Do you think he could be the new Grand Inquisitor?

Or will we see one? Guys gotta be replaced at some point right? Could very well be the case. For the longest time I though the Seventh Sister was going to eventually be promoted to Grand Inquisitor, but that clearly doesn't seem to be what's up anymore. I feel like the new guy's whole purpose is to even out the Inquisitor team because of Ahsoka (which is really stupid, no Inquisitor should be Ahsoka-tier) and we've seen him KO Kanan (or at least that seemed to be what happened) so I think it's a fair assumption that the new Inquisitor will be legit.

I really hope the Fifth Brother dies, though. Like, really hope.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm betting on this too. There still isn't a new Grand Inquisitor, but Filoni hinted at an Inquisitor stronger than the Grand. At first I thought it was the Sister, but this guy gives off this vibe like he's Vader's right arm of sorts. He looks very Starkiller-esque. Yeah, I definitely see him being a right-hand man type of character to Vader. I hope he's badass but I don't want the power hierarchy in Rebels to become TCW-esque, with characters who should be solidly inferior challenging higher-tiers, and similarly stupid stuff.

Zenwolf
Is there some issue where Inquisitors can't be in the high tiers? I mean I get they can't be too powerful for Palpatine's liking, but that doesn't really mean much because...what would be considered too powerful in his terms?

I mean if Legends is anything to go off of, you had Palpatine employ powerful underlings in the GE, yet the only thing he really did was either restrict their knowledge resources or move them around.

Granted I'm not saying make every Inquisitor match for high tiers or anything, but saying none of them can?...Not sure.

If anything, SW needs to show the Inquisitors actually...ya know accomplishing what their station deems them as, because Rebels certainly isn't doing that at all.

Beniboybling
Filoni stated that the most powerful Inquisitor is sub-Ventress tier. So I don't think their is any danger of him rivalling Ahsoka.

After all presumably the reason why Vader is here in person is because only he can deal with Ahsoka himself.

I'd say the presence of a 3rd Inquisitor only indicates Kanan and Ezra's growing strength.

Zenwolf
Also possible, but then that just makes the Inquisitors even less of a credible threat. 3 Inquisitors to go after a new Knight and his Padawan? Granted they are good, but then that begs the question of how the Inquisitors deal with other Knights. Or even if they have at all.

Also ehh...I'm taking his words in a loose fashion right now.

|King Joker|
Vader is supposed to be >> any Inquisitor, so if Ahsoka is giving Vader a run for his money, even the best Inquisitor should be very solidly below her, I think.

Emperordmb
thumb up

Zenwolf
Ok right, but that doesn't mean the Inquisitors have to suck. Just because Vader is >>> to them and Ahsoka is gonna fight him, doesn't mean that the Inquisitors(the best) can't also be in a high tier placement, just not in that high tier placement.

|King Joker|
I'm not saying they should suck; I'm saying they should remain clear inferiors to Vader, Ahsoka and Maul.

Zenwolf
Which is fine.

Q99
Is there some issue where Inquisitors can't be in the high tiers? I mean I get they can't be too powerful for Palpatine's liking, but that doesn't really mean much because...what would be considered too powerful in his terms?

Too powerful = strong enough that Vader could take them on as an apprentice and turn them into a real threat if they fought alongside Vader.

He wants them weak enough that not only are they not a threat now, they aren't worth Vader's time to try and mold against him into real threat.

Savage was no threat. Savage trained by Maul could potentially become a threat, so therefore the two of them had to be crushed. That seems to be the line.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99
Too powerful = strong enough that Vader could take them on as an apprentice and turn them into a real threat if they fought alongside Vader.

He wants them weak enough that not only are they not a threat now, they aren't worth Vader's time to try and mold against him into real threat.

Savage was no threat. Savage trained by Maul could potentially become a threat, so therefore the two of them had to be crushed. That seems to be the line.

Yet Savage was still plenty powerful even before being trained by Maul.

Not saying all of them have to be too strong enough for Vader, but Vader doesn't really have a cap either. They could be as powerful, yet Vader still can eclipse them.

Beniboybling
Also possible, but then that just makes the Inquisitors even less of a credible threat. 3 Inquisitors to go after a new Knight and his Padawan? Granted they are good, but then that begs the question of how the Inquisitors deal with other Knights. Or even if they have at all.

Also ehh...I'm taking his words in a loose fashion right now. Of above average/exceptional skill tbh. Lets be real the Inquistors should be more than capable of defeating any one fodder Jedi.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Of above average/exceptional skill tbh. Lets be real the Inquistors should be more than capable of defeating any one fodder Jedi.

Which has yet to be really proven, the GI was the only one actually defeating Kanan and yet he's dead so....frankly we need more material on these guys actually doing their jobs, otherwise defeating them isn't as impressive as it's being made out to be.

Beniboybling
Kanan > Fodder Jedi

7th Sister is contending with Kanan

7th Sister > Fodder Jedi

And so on.

Zenwolf
2 doesn't make the organization as a whole credible Beni. I'm speaking of as a whole here, not just 1 or 2 singular characters.

|King Joker|
If Maul was actually referring to the new Inquisitor in that clip, I think all that hype behind him points to him contending with Ahsoka.

Pretty lame. Less lame if he actually is confirmed to be the best Inquisitor, but still sort of lame.

So he may be Ventress ~ Plo Koon level, I guess?

NewGuy01
Slightly below Ventress as she was portrayed earlier in the series, probably.

Zenwolf
Why is it lame King if he's the best of the Inquisitors? Wouldn't that make more sense than the 7th Sis or 5th Bro contending with her?

|King Joker|
I'd imagine he's pretty comparable as a duelist and combatant, but in term of raw Force power Ventress probably has him beat, at least the Ventress right before Palpatine ordered her execution.

Why is it lame King if he's the best of the Inquisitors? Wouldn't that make more sense than the 7th Sis or 5th Bro contending with her? No Inquisitor should be able to content with her. That's the point I've been making the entire time.

But if he truly is ~ Ventress I guess it would be okay, but only if Ahsoka is shown to be the obviously superior fighter.

Zenwolf
But why if this Inquisitor is on the level of Ventress or near of(supposedly)? Not saying said Inquisitor needs to beat her or anything, but give her something of a fight if this Inquisitor is gonna be the best. I mean they have archives of Jedi fighting and techniques, it's impossible for one of them to give something of a fight now?

|King Joker|
I literally just said I would be okay with it if he was actually ~ Ventress.

Zenwolf
Ah yeah, was focused on the other part of your post. Anyway....though this Inquisitor, male or female? I couldn't really tell.

|King Joker|
Maul refers to the new Inquisitor (if that's actually who he's referring to) as 'he.'

JKBart
Then "he" is built like a complete fuggot lmao.

|King Joker|
lean mean fighting machine, bart

Zenwolf
I see, hope we see his face, he doesn't look human judging from his hands and feet. I'm liking that the GE is using more aliens or well near humans I guess in their ranks.

|King Joker|
It makes sense why the Inquisitors would be aliens, too. IIRC, the Empire was very prejudiced against aliens, so having their scary Force sensitive enforces all be aliens would reinforce some dislike of aliens among the populous, or something along those lines.

carthage
What has he done to suggest he's Ventress level?

|King Joker|
Filoni stated that the best Inquisitor is ~ Ventress.

carthage
So the GI then or the new masked one?

|King Joker|
The new masked one (assuming he actually is the best Inquisitor, we've just been speculating that he is)

|King Joker|
https://33.media.tumblr.com/6afebd8a7fd7b90d9e617d6644666966/tumblr_inline_o4ke62JceJ1tj68wo_500.gif

LMFAO

Zenwolf
He's flying with his lightsaber....which is both incredibly hilarious, yet awesome.

|King Joker|
It's the 7th Sis

Zenwolf
Sure? Doesn't look like it from the gif.

|King Joker|
78% sure

Zenwolf
Where's that gif from? I didn't see it in any of the vids I saw.

|King Joker|
Where's that gif from? I didn't see it in any of the vids I saw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kZjBp5Eno#t=12

|King Joker|
Slowing down the 2v3 in this preview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC72OEyhn8Y) it looks like it may start off as Ahsoka vs. the new Inquisitor & Seventh Sister and Kanan vs. the Fifth Brother. Obviously though, the fight will be more hectic and won't necessarily stay to that exact matchup in the 2v3.

Zenwolf
Ok looking at it closely and pausing it, yeah does look like the Sis there. Still...that is just so funny and awesome at the same time.

Syndicate
Slowing down the 2v3 in this preview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC72OEyhn8Y) it looks like it may start off as Ahsoka vs. the new Inquisitor & Seventh Sister and Kanan vs. the Fifth Brother. Obviously though, the fight will be more hectic and won't necessarily stay to that exact matchup in the 2v3.

*Kanan skill feats intensify*

KJ make more threads with Kanan. I want to test my new found knowledge on him and see if its up there with Grievous/Galen/Ventress.

|King Joker|
Is holding off the Fifth Brother that much of a skill feat? :mmm:

Zenwolf
Unless he's improved, not really, though his physical strength is impressive since he beat the tar out of Zeb H2H. Though one wonders why the Brother doesn't utilize his Force prowess, since he seems far better at that then his saber skill.

Syndicate

Yes. That's all they've been shown to do by this point.

Generally, yes. Though if you're asking if the former GI is more powerful then the current Inquisitors I would find that debatable given the growth in power force users experience.

GI/Seventh Sister
Fifth Brother.

There are at least 13 if the FB and SS aren't honorary titles.

General effectiveness.

NewGuy01
I think this is the best shot of the new Inquisitor we have right now.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/8/8a/Twilight_of_the_Apprentice_02.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160324215005

Those aren't human hands or feet.

Zenwolf
Actually this is the best shot.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/bc/New_inquisitor.png/revision/latest?cb=20160116114606

But yeah, the Inquisitor isn't human.

Beniboybling
Also noticing he has pauldrons much like the original GI.

|King Joker|
?v=j7kZjBp5Eno

Also at 0:06-0:07

|King Joker|
?v=RwECHHI1QDQ

NewGuy01
Love it.

|King Joker|
How long do you think he had to stand there? LOL

Syndicate
What are those bombs do you think?

NewGuy01
Fireworks, clearly.

NewGuy01
So I hear he was shit in the end?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So I hear he was shit in the end? More or less.

Dark-Kenshin
Inquisitors are officially garbage tier. By next season, even Ezra will be ragdolling them.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Inquisitors are officially garbage tier. By next season, even Ezra will be ragdolling them. Why are they garbage tier?

Zenwolf
Probably would have done better....if they were ****ing streamlined and actually were versatile like their Legends counterparts. But no....can't have that..

Syndicate
Man. Joker's world must be falling apart around him. All that's left is to wank Kanan. smile

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Syndicate
Man. Joker's world must be falling apart around him. All that's left is to wank Kanan. smile
Actually not really.

>Ahsoka and Vader started dueling.
>Ahsoka force pushed Vader several feet back
>Vader and Ahsoka continued to duel with Vader driving Ahsoka back at a steady pace for a decent amount of time
>Vader pushes Ahsoka off of where they're dueling with the Force
>Ahsoka shows up behind him while he's screwing with Kanan and Ezra
>Ahsoka charges at Vader and he has some time to respond but is clearly still caught off guard and she cuts off part of his mask.
>They have a dialogue then start dueling again then it gets cut off
>Vader is seen walking away and idfk what happens to Ahsoka

Were they equals? Definitely not.
Was Vader the better of the two? Clearly.
Did Ahsoka perform very impressively against a high tier opponent? **** yeah.

Syndicate
We have very different versions of "impressive" Emp.

Emperordmb
Well Ahsoka wasn't in a desperate retreat for ten seconds before being dominated by the Force five seconds later, so I'd say I don't really understand why Ahsoka's performance against Vader doesn't meet yours.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Don't worry. He's just being ****tarded like always. smile

Lord Stark
8th Brother sucked a dick. Such a disappointment, shit he did worse than a muggle Terellian Jango Jumper against Ahsoka.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Terellian_Jango_Jumper/Canon

Syndicate
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well Ahsoka wasn't in a desperate retreat for ten seconds before being dominated by the Force five seconds later, so I'd say I don't really understand why Ahsoka's performance against Vader doesn't meet yours.

Ventress was holding Dooku off far longer then 10 seconds. Need to rewatch that episode Emp.

I'm not really going to debate with you about Ahsoka's performance considering I haven't see the fight but from what I've heard it's apparently not what you were all expecting and coming from you I'm interested to learn what a "steady retreat" from Ahsoka looks like.

|King Joker|
Ahsoka performed a lot better than I expected, actually.

Syndicate
Ahsoka performed a lot better than I expected, actually.

:/ You said she'd press Vader though...

|King Joker|
:/ You said she'd press Vader though... That's exactly what she did.

Emperordmb
Ventress was holding Dooku off far longer then 10 seconds. Need to rewatch that episode Emp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3x8ox2ToE
3:13-3:28

She got trashed pretty damn quickly.

I'm not really going to debate with you about Ahsoka's performance considering I haven't see the fight
Which is why your prolific commentary on the fight you haven't even seen kinda shocks me a bit tbh

but from what I've heard it's apparently not what you were all expecting and coming from you I'm interested to learn what a "steady retreat" from Ahsoka looks like.
It wasn't what I was expecting. It was honestly more impressive for Ahsoka than what I was expecting.

|King Joker|
Amen dmb

Syndicate
That's exactly what she did.

She was apparently in a slow retreat against him the entire time.

ares834
The Inquisitors were shattered in this episode. I honestly hope we don't see anymore of them again, not because I don't like them but because I would find it fitting.

Syndicate

Which is why your prolific commentary on the fight you haven't even seen kinda shocks me a bit tbh

It wasn't what I was expecting. It was honestly more impressive for Ahsoka than what I was expecting.

She was doing well enough from a sabers standpoint that if Dooku didn't have the force edge he did I feel she could have held out for a more impressive amount of time.

I was just trying to joke around. Apparently that was a no no.

Given your description of the performance it's about what I was expecting.

Dark-Kenshin
Ahsoka did fine, but I'm not seeing where people are getting the idea that she was Vader's equal or that she even really pressed him. There's a reason Vader turned his back on her and focused on getting the holocron. She didn't have his complete and undivided attention until after her sneak attack and we know how that turned out. Definitely not Vader level.

Don't worry though. If the writers are going in the direction I think they're going, you can expect her to be within Vader tier by season 3 or 4 as he trains her to be his secret apprentice in an effort to take down the Emperor. She'll probably be masked or something and we won't find out its her until the season finale.

Emperordmb
She was doing well enough from a sabers standpoint that if Dooku didn't have the force edge he did I feel she could have held out for a more impressive amount of time.
I disagree since she was in a very fast retreat almost instantly.

But if you want something a little more conclusive:
1:04-1:07, 1:10-1:15, 1:35-1:48

It's quite apparent that Ventress and Dooku are quite far from being evenly matched as duelists.

I was just trying to joke around. Apparently that was a no no.
I honestly can't tell when you're joking sometimes.

Given your description of the performance it's about what I was expecting.
So... did you watch it?

Syndicate
I didn't say equals. Just that she could compete. Ventress's general demeanor in those moments and throughout the fight is one of pure offense as she was expecting Savage to be a greater help then he actually was evidenced by her growing frustration with his failure. When she faced Dooku alone we saw her do much better until Dooku applied his force advantage.

Well... That's unfortunate.

It's not uploaded on my usual sites yet so no.

Emperordmb
I didn't say equals. Just that she could compete. Ventress's general demeanor in those moments and throughout the fight is one of pure offense as she was expecting Savage to be a greater help then he actually was evidenced by her growing frustration with his failure. When she faced Dooku alone we saw her do much better until Dooku applied his force advantage.
By much better you mean attack, get immediately driven into a desperate retreat in a fight that lasted fifteen seconds?

Well... That's unfortunate.
Yeah sorry. I always hate it when I'm taken seriously when I don't want to be but not taken seriously when I do want to be. It's something I experienced mainly in middle school.

ILS
My reaction to this thread since finishing the episode is "What Imperial Inquisitorious?"

They got murked

Emperordmb
@Syndicate I won't be able to respond till tomorrow. Gonna sneak out and smoke weed.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
My reaction to this thread since finishing the episode is "What Imperial Inquisitorious?"

They got murked

The most powerful ones are still being kept in reserve.

5th Brother, 7th Sister, and 8th Brother are all likely pretty low on the totem pole.

ares834
Or they may be the only ones left.

I don't think it's been verified that if an Inquisitor dies, the ones below move up.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
Or they may be the only ones left.
I don't think it's been verified that if an Inquisitor dies, the ones below move up.

Highly doubtful. 7th Sister was the strongest of the group and she was hardly very impressive. Its not an automatic promotion but yes it is. Its said that the Grand Inquisitor's death makes them all desperate to fill that hole.

Syndicate
By much better you mean attack, get immediately driven into a desperate retreat in a fight that lasted fifteen seconds?

Yeah sorry. I always hate it when I'm taken seriously when I don't want to be but not taken seriously when I do want to be. It's something I experienced mainly in middle school.

Because of his use of the Force. The fight likely would have gone on for a good bit longer if it had been pure sabers.

Yeh.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Highly doubtful. 7th Sister was the strongest of the group and she was hardly very impressive. Its not an automatic promotion but yes it is. Its said that the Grand Inquisitor's death makes them all desperate to fill that hole.

Sure. For the position of Grand Inquisitor. Not necessarily first Inquisitor or anything like that.

Heck, do we even know if the number in their names suggests rank yet?

Lord Stark
LOL Vader dispatched 8th Brother to deal with Maul solo. Wtf was he thinking.

"Nimble and menacing, the Eighth Brother was a deadly Terrelian Jango Jumper Inquisitor. Dispatched by Darth Vader, he was sent to Malachor to attempt to find and capture Maul, and instead found himself face to face with Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus, and Ahsoka Tano. The Eighth Brother often used his double-bladed, spinning lightsaber to propel himself through the air, making for sneak attacks and quick escapes. This method proved unwise, however, when he jumped off the edge of the Malachor Sith Temple with his damaged lightsaber, and fell to his death."

ares834

Lord Stark
I guess so, but its also interesting how successful the Inquisitorious was. Kanan and Ezra seem to actually be the last of the Jedi right now. Ahsoka doesn't even say 'even if there were Jedi I'd never tell you' she just said 'there are no Jedi.'

Zenwolf
I'd still like to see the Inquisitors actually hunting and killing Jedi though.

Lord Stark
I really am hoping for that as well. I mean if they are dispatching such low-tier Inquisitors to deal with the likes of Ahsoka and Maul the higher tier ones have to be doing something right?

Zenwolf
I was also EXTREMELY disappointed in the 8th Brother, his design looked pretty cool and he was so wasted.

hutchy1345
He was dispatched to kill maul
That's stupid cus he would've got stomped by maul if he came up against him one on one
Maul could handle all three inquisitors at once and still not on vader's level
Just shows the difference between sith lord and inquisitor
Will be interesting to see if we get some higher ranking inquisitor's in season 3

ares834
I was also EXTREMELY disappointed in the 8th Brother, his design looked pretty cool and he was so wasted.

8bro was sick. Probably the coolest of the Inquisitors yet save the GI himself.

With that said, he may very well still be alive. Though, personally, I hope not.

Zenwolf

With that said, he may very well still be alive. Though, personally, I hope not.

Why not?

Though I doubt he's alive after that large fall and then the Temple exploding.

Then again if he was alive(unlikely) he could have taken his TIE and fled also. He was noted by Maul specifically as being powerful.

/Shrug

I want Season 3 already or some news on what's gonna happen, all this wondering is killing me.

hutchy1345
Being the 8th brother means a lower rank and therefore implies being less powerful
But he was definitely one of the strongest inquisitors we've seen
The GI wasn't that much stronger than these three tbf

ares834

Dark-Kenshin
I predict Inquisitors will be demoted to villain of the week foes and nothing more. Don't surprised if you see Ezra ragdolling them by the end of season three or even Zeb, Sabine or Chopper taking one out in a comedic fashion.

Dark-Kenshin
Yeah, do you notice how just about every duel ends with a force push?

Zenwolf
True enough I suppose, all the Inquisitors popping up do get kinda stale after awhile.

They probably could have done it a little better, spread out the Inquisitors moreso and introduce some new enemy for the Rebels crew.

Would have been a perfect opportunity to introduce some Imperial SpecForces, Crix Madine and Storm Commandos? Shadow Troopers? All them.

ares834
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I predict Inquisitors will be demoted to villain of the week foes and nothing more. Don't surprised if you see Ezra ragdolling them by the end of season three or even Zeb, Sabine or Chopper taking one out in a comedic fashion.

I think that's a pretty safe bet. After dueling with both Vader and Maul, our heroes are clearly well above these scrubs at this point.

hutchy1345
Yeah I think Vader will become much more involved after this finale especially if ahsoka returns to the crew

ares834

ares834
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Yeah I think Vader will become much more involved after this finale especially if ahsoka returns to the crew

She's not going to. Even if we assume she is still alive (that final shot is meant to be ambiguous), Filoni said her story on Rebels is done. Personally, I expect Vader will become far less involved now. Especially since we have an ex-Sith Lord for the Rebel crew to tangle with.

Zenwolf
Although....at times I am kinda worried about Rebels introducing such things, because they haven't been exactly kind to the Empire.

I mean I get they are the enemy and all, but still.

Though if he does show up, that would be interesting.

ares834
True enough. If they did show up though, I'd expect they'd treat them similar to commando droids. I mean there is really no reason for them to introduce elite Imperial troops if there is no real difference between them and Stormtroopers.

Syndicate
Thrawn? :catprone:

ares834

Zenwolf
Nice.

Nephthys

RotS Kenobi got trashed even faster by Dooku. And he hadn't just had a tough 3-way fight and gotten throttled like Ventress had.

Syndicate
That's... Legitimately awesome.

carthage
The only appearance I expect Vader will make next season is to finish Maul off for good

Col. Valerian
Yeah, he definitely will finish Maul off.

I hope it's not his only appearance, doe.

hutchy1345
And I hope he will actually be dead this time lol

Lord Stark

He's dead jim.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/eighth-brother-inquisitor
"Nimble and menacing, the Eighth Brother was a deadly Terrelian Jango Jumper Inquisitor. Dispatched by Darth Vader, he was sent to Malachor to attempt to find and capture Maul, and instead found himself face to face with Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus, and Ahsoka Tano. The Eighth Brother often used his double-bladed, spinning lightsaber to propel himself through the air, making for sneak attacks and quick escapes. This method proved unwise, however, when he jumped off the edge of the Malachor Sith Temple with his damaged lightsaber, and fell to his death."

carthage
Its like there is no precedent for using the force to slower your fall or something

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
Its like there is no precedent for using the force to slower your fall or something

I think he should have lived as it was stupid to introduce a character in he same episode he dies like some nameless Stormtrooper Captain, but alas the official databank states he's dead. + It allows Ahsoka 2 fighters to pick from for her escape excellent

|King Joker|
Nah, Vader would have destroyed them.

Zenwolf
Nah, Vader would have destroyed them.

Or the mass Temple explosion would have.

carthage
Yeah, Vader withstood another massive explosion in canon.

Apparently

Zenwolf
Not really unheard of given in Legends, he was tanking large explosions point blank, he also withstood a building explosion in the center of it too, came out unharmed.

Syndicate
Ur mum withstood my explosion.

|King Joker|
Who is the best / most powerful / most skilled combatant the Imperial Inquisitors from Star Wars Rebels could take out?

Grand Inquisitor
Seventh Sister
Eighth Brother
Fifth Brother
All four Inquisitors

^ So, for each one of those bullets who is the best they could take out?

"Senario" 1: Canon
"Scenario" 2: Legends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.