Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zmPc3oTm--/ysvicydk6teovg1opebq.png

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24/wonder-woman-first-look-gal-gadot-robin-wright-connie-nielsen

Time-Immemorial

steverules_2
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zmPc3oTm--/ysvicydk6teovg1opebq.png

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24/wonder-woman-first-look-gal-gadot-robin-wright-connie-nielsen

Those are some mighty fine looking lesbians

AuraAngel
Too bad the movie they're going to be in looks lifeless. I hate these faded colors.

Inhuman
The legendary Dyke Isles

BruceSkywalker
nice photo but they need to be true amazons big grin

roughrider
Hopefully it will be the equal of Marvel's Thor.

juggernaut74
Wonder Woman was a bright spot in BvS.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Wonder Woman was a bright spot in BvS. For the most part, yah. She unfortunately didn't have alot to do. But she was the only hero character that looked like they enjoyed being in the movie.

|King Joker|
Robin Wright's in it? Nice.

ares834
Looking forward to this. I really enjoyed Wonder Woman in BvS. Her cocky smile while fighting DD was badass.

quanchi112
As long as Snyder isn't directing then it has a chance.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Too bad the movie they're going to be in looks lifeless. I hate these faded colors.

Didn't look like it had faded colours from the footage that's been shown.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
Those are some mighty fine looking lesbians

3 lesbians & a tranny, you mean.

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/clguxst.jpg

Zack Fair
who fkn cares?

Kazenji
Only the SJW's do.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Zack Fair
who fkn cares?

Obviously the SJW crowd cares erm

Zack Fair
meh.

CPT Space Bomb
**** 'em. That's what I say to the SJW's. Get your own damn characters.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Inhuman

Members of the same race/ethnicity who haven't mixed with the rest of the world for millennia all look like they're the same race/ethnicity??? Whaaaaaaaaa!

-Pr-
Tis the Witcher 3 all over again.

Nephthys
Anyway, those are all women who are related. Of course they all look like they're the same ethnicity. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/869b16ba8e348d9655bea15179cd2d09/tumblr_o4k389d8Sy1t4kk4jo1_1280.jpg

roughrider

Jesus Christ (Happy Good Friday, btw stick out tongue ) - do they think these are the only four women on the island? The internet has made us such a jump the ***kin' gun culture.

Time-Immemorial
As usual diversity aka "lies of liberalism" moves into movies again.

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, I'm sick to death of this shit. One reason I'm boycotting Marvel comics atm (not the movies just the comics)

roughrider
They could introduce different tribes of Amazons on the island to show multiculturalism, and that would be fine. But even if they don't that's fine too. It shouldn't matter in this case.

I thought Thor was going to unnecessary lengths of political correctness when they cast Idris Elba as Heimdall. But they made it work and created sound logic behind it. Do it for that reason, not just to do it.

Robtard
Obviously the SJW crowd cares erm

That's two sided at times though. I recall when the brilliant Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall and some people were upset because "Vikings are not black". Regardless that Asgardians aren't really Vikings to being with. Similar happened with Kingpin and the SM rumors of a black SM.

But yeah, complaining that there are no Asian, Black, Latino etc Greeks, silly, imo

CPT Space Bomb
I understand that there needs to be more diversity in comics. But I won't/can't condone swapping a race or sex of a character that's had decades of history behind them just to appease the SJW's. Make new characters and integrate them into your comics universe. It's not hard if you WRITE THEM WELL. But companies would rather take the easy way out and piss off long time fans of said characters. There are times where it works. I'm still not a fan of Idris Elba as Heimdall (and neither is he lol). But I'm not upset about it. I just don't feel it was necessary.

Again, I'd rather see them create new characters and just bring more of the minority characters to the big screen. DC bringing WW in was a great move. Marvel with Black Panther coming up is also great. We need more stuff like that.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
That's two sided at times though. I recall when the brilliant Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall and some people threw a hissy fit because "Vikings are not black". Regardless that Asgardians aren't really Vikings to being with.

The point is that casting a person of a different gender for a character used to be something that sometimes came naturally. Lets say Idris gave the best performance from the people auditioned. Great. He wasn't a forced casting.

The way it is now with these SJW retards is that they are actually trying to "force" these type of castings. Its not something that is in the script or that has to come naturally. Its "fuq your script and vision , we just want to see an empowered woman, a few black folks, a Chinese person thrown in there, and a gay or lesbian character, because reasons"
Its even affecting the people making movies. They cant make what they want. They have to rethink their movie and make it more SJW friendly or else they are going to receive backlash from the interwebz.

Anyhow the point is you cant force or bully studios to make movies diverse , just because it fits whatever agenda sjw are going for.

But yeah, complaining that there are no Asian, Black, Latino etc Greeks, silly, imo

thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I understand that there needs to be more diversity in comics. But I won't/can't condone swapping a race or sex of a character that's had decades of history behind them just to appease the SJW's. Make new characters and integrate them into your comics universe. It's not hard if you WRITE THEM WELL. But companies would rather take the easy way out and piss off long time fans of said characters. There are times where it works. I'm still not a fan of Idris Elba as Heimdall (and neither is he lol). But I'm not upset about it. I just don't feel it was necessary.

Again, I'd rather see them create new characters and just bring more of the minority characters to the big screen. DC bringing WW in was a great move. Marvel with Black Panther coming up is also great. We need more stuff like that. eg Do you really think Kingpin being black was to appease racial issues though? They needed a large imposing figure and MCD fit that well, that's aside from the Kingpin's skin color not being crucial to the character. He's a criminal mastermind in the comics, his race/color is fairly irrelevant.

Fully with you on bringing out some of the lesser characters, so much potential there.

CPT Space Bomb
eg Do you really think Kingpin being black was to appease racial issues though? They needed a large imposing figure and MCD fit that well, that's aside from the Kingpin's skin color not being crucial to the character. He's a criminal mastermind in the comics, his race/color is fairly irrelevant. Problem is , MCD wasn't a good choice. He didn't come across as a mastermind. It's not his fault really; his dialogue/plot/script were all bad. Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin however is masterful. And it's not because he's not black. But it does help that he LOOKS like the freaking character. That always helps. I mean, it's like anything else. You see a Porsche and you grow to like it. Then someone comes along and says they're selling you a Porsche when what you're actually getting is a Corvette. Now, it might still be a great car and look great...but it's not what YOU loved.

Robtard
The point is that casting a person of a different gender for a character used to be something that sometimes came naturally. Lets say Idris gave the best performance from the people auditioned. Great. He wasn't a forced casting.

The way it is now with these SJW retards is that they are actually trying to "force" these type of castings. Its not something that is in the script or that has to come naturally. Its "fuq your script and vision , we just want to see an empowered woman, a few black folks, a Chinese person thrown in there, and a gay or lesbian character, because reasons"
Its even affecting the people making movies. They cant make what they want. They have to rethink their movie and make it more SJW friendly or else they are going to receive backlash from the interwebz.

Anyhow the point is you cant force or bully studios to make movies diverse , just because it fits whatever agenda sjw are going for.

For sure and overall I agree with you, the job should go to the actor who best fits and performed in the audition. Though the studio should offer the role to a diverse group, with an exception (below).

Only time I feel the race/color of an actor should factor in is when it's an integral part of the character they'll be playing. eg Casting a non-black actor, even a great one for say Black Panther would be stupid as being a Black African is crucial to the character.

Robtard
Problem is , MCD wasn't a good choice. He didn't come across as a mastermind. It's not his fault really; his dialogue/plot/script were all bad. Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin however is masterful. And it's not because he's not black. But it does help that he LOOKS like the freaking character. That always helps. I mean, it's like anything else. You see a Porsche and you grow to like it. Then someone comes along and says they're selling you a Porsche when what you're actually getting is a Corvette. Now, it might still be a great car and look great...but it's not what YOU loved.

D'Onofrio is vastly superior as Kingpin to MCD's portrayal, but that's because he's a superior actor, his skin color is irrelevant, which is/was my initial point with Kingpin.

On that topic, am hoping the positive views Netflix's DD is getting spurned interest in another DD flick.

wakkawakkawakka
Now we have SJW probing at a movie that should already appease them pretty much by existing. Can't remember the year when the Captain Marvel movie launches but DC would have the first female superhero lead on its hands if done correctly.

Which leads me to believe that even if DC process the asinine request to have diversity for the sake of diversity it still wouldn't be enough and said SJWs would still find something to complain about.

CPT Space Bomb
D'Onofrio is vastly superior as Kingpin to MCD's portrayal, but that's because he's a superior actor, his skin color is irrelevant, which is/was my initial point with Kingpin.

On that topic, am hoping the positive views Netflix's DD is getting spurned interest in another DD flick. Yes, D'onofrio's Kingpin is better. But that's not all on the actor. I feel that D'onofrio has more to work with in regards to script and the general system in place around him.

That being said, I do feel the color of skin IS relevant. And that doesn't make anyone a racist that would prefer a White Kingpin. He's white in the comics. We grew up knowing and "loving" the white Kingpin. So anyone that would prefer a white Kingpin isn't automatically a racist. That's my point. If he was Black to begin with and was cast as a white dude, I'd be just as unhappy. That's the point; that skin color is a thing and shouldn't be dismissed or just brushed off loosely as racism.

Inhuman
On that topic, am hoping the positive views Netflix's DD is getting spurned interest in another DD flick.

nah man. Give me a Netflix Punisher series instead asap.
Also I think DD works better as a netflix show.

Robtard
Yes, D'onofrio's Kingpin is better. But that's not all on the actor. I feel that D'onofrio has more to work with in regards to script and the general system in place around him.

That being said, I do feel the color of skin IS relevant. And that doesn't make anyone a racist that would prefer a White Kingpin. He's white in the comics. We grew up knowing and "loving" the white Kingpin. So anyone that would prefer a white Kingpin isn't automatically a racist. That's my point. If he was Black to begin with and was cast as a white dude, I'd be just as unhappy. That's the point; that skin color is a thing and shouldn't be dismissed or just brushed off loosely as racism.

Look at it this way, put MCD in Netflix's DD, I still don't think he would have done as good a role. He wasn't a terrible actor, he's just not Vincent.

I wouldn't call anyone a racist for just wanting a character's skin-color to remain true to the source material, it's just a petty thing to worry about if skin color/race isn't crucial the character. Look at it this way, I'd rather have a great actor of a different skin color than what the character traditionally is that will do the role properly, than have a 'color-correct' meh actor shit all over the role.

Robtard
nah man. Give me a Netflix Punisher series instead asap.

Also I think DD works better as a netflix show.

I'm hoping for that too. Just not sure if the Punisher can hold an ongoing show alone/as the head. He'll definitely need good character support/roles. Definitely was the best part of DD S2

We can have both though smile

Inhuman
I think it could work with the "ol' Nolan technique" Make the main focus of the show the villains more so than Frank.
Have the show focus on the crime families and certain villains. And have Frank in there in small awesome doses.
I think that can work.

Just like Baleman was a secondary character in his movies.

Robtard
Not sure "small" would work in the long run, but yeah, I feel what you're saying overall, could work with Castle not being the sole focus or even prime focus at times. (edit: should prob take this to the DD thread)

CPT Space Bomb
I wouldn't call anyone a racist for just wanting a character's skin-color to remain true to the source material, it's just a petty thing to worry about if skin color/race isn't crucial the character. Look at it this way, I'd rather have a great actor of a different skin color than what the character traditionally is that will do the role properly, than have a 'color-correct' meh actor shit all over the role. Why do we have to have one and not both? Vincent both LOOKS and ACTS like the Kingpin. He does a fantastic job. If he were black, sure; he'd still be great. But it wouldn't be AS accurate.

Again, I'm ALL FOR racial diversity in comics. I just don't like the lazy route that studios are taking. It's not only a slap in the face of long time fans, but it's honestly a disservice to the race replacing said character. Instead, as I said, they need to DEVELOP NEW characters of race and different genders. Put an ace writer on them and let them flourish. Don't just replace characters that have been around forever. That's lazy and pandering; and it's going to at BEST only upset a select group of people.

So yah, develop new characters and push the other established minority characters to the limelight.

Robtard
Why do we have to have one and not both? Vincent both LOOKS and ACTS like the Kingpin. He does a fantastic job. If he were black, sure; he'd still be great. But it wouldn't be AS accurate.

Again, I'm ALL FOR racial diversity in comics. I just don't like the lazy route that studios are taking. It's not only a slap in the face of long time fans, but it's honestly a disservice to the race replacing said character. Instead, as I said, they need to DEVELOP NEW characters of race and different genders. Put an ace writer on them and let them flourish. Don't just replace characters that have been around forever. That's lazy and pandering; and it's going to at BEST only upset a select group of people.

So yah, develop new characters and push the other established minority characters to the limelight.

Never said both would be a problem. Just that in some cases skin color is largely irrelevant to the character. Kingpin was an example.

Again, my example in using Kingpin was that I don't think the studio was race-pandering to anyone in this specific case. MCD physically fit the role aside from skin color, but as noted above, KP's race/color is largely irrelevant to the character. Now if KP were traditionally a Mafia or Yakuza mob boss, I could see where not casting (or at least passable) an Italian or Japanese actor would be a problem.

I'm sure they're have been cases where a non-white actor was cast for a traditionally white character for no other reason than "look, we're diverse". None come to mind, but I imagine it does and has happened.

CPT Space Bomb
Just that in some cases skin color is largely irrelevant to the character. Kingpin was an example. I don't vehemently disagree, though I don't necessarily agree either. That being said, Deadshot being black, Heimdall being black, etc etc....it's not the end of the world. I still don't necessarily like it though. I feel that the truer to the characters the better. I'm just old school that way.

Robtard
My concern with Deadshot is that it's Will Smith, tbh. He's done some good roles here and there, but he also can't help being Will Smith in almost every role.

Silent Master
He does seem to play the same character, but consider what happens when he doesn't, we get "Cypher Raige".

tkitna
I'm all for a Wonder Woman movie, but I just hope they dont spend most of the flick on the island so that it comes across as a Spartacus or Ben-Hur deal. Get her origin out of the way and get her into the normal populace as soon as possible.

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
He does seem to play the same character, but consider what happens when he doesn't, we get "Cypher Raige".

Good point, but not being Will Smith has also giving us Paul (Six Degrees of Separation) and Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness), arguably his two best performances and solid performances they were, though Will Smith did poke his head out in TPoH a little.

He was also decent in I Am Legend, imo, even though that was an abortion to Matheson's source material and Will Smith did poke his head out in the Shrek scene.

So Smith has the potential to give us a good Deadshot, I'm just not banking on it, I'm expecting to see Will Smith again.

ares834

Gotta agree. The lack of diversity is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, where are the men?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ares834
Gotta agree. The lack of diversity is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, where are the men? laughing Nice.

Inhuman
Gotta agree. The lack of diversity is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, where are the men?

thumb up

Robtard

Death by snu snu, every last one of them

carthage
Looking forward to this, 2017 is going to be a good year for films

Ridley_Prime
Just give them a cherry jollyrancher and everything will be okay!

Kazenji
Yah, I'm sick to death of this shit. One reason I'm boycotting Marvel comics atm (not the movies just the comics)

Better not be all their comics

do have some other good books out besides the Thor book....if that's what your referring to (not that i have a problem with it)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just give them a cherry jollyrancher and everything will be okay! That was awful but the masterminds in the dcu love their jolly ranchers.

carthage
laughing out loud

CPT Space Bomb
I still feel like DC missed a real opportunity....
http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/29302/423512293011470.jpg

don't.......hurt...........me.....................................................

tkitna
I still feel like DC missed a real opportunity....
http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/29302/423512293011470.jpg

don't.......hurt...........me.....................................................

Not really. I think Gadot looks just like her.

BruceSkywalker
Hopefully Gal will be nude in Wonder Woman

Kazenji
Set photo's

Wonder Woman Rescuring Steve Trevor In Themyscira Set Pics

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wonder-woman-rescues-steve-trevor-themyscira-set-pics

Psychotron
After seeing BvS I can say with absolute certainty that WW will flop hard. That Gadot doesn't look like Diana is one thing, but the woman simply cannot act.

Kazenji
Your in the minority there for her role in BvS.

Psychotron
I kinda doubt it. Everyone I spoke to agreed with me. For Christ's sake, she can barely speak English, never mind act.

Kazenji
I heard her perfectly well

time to get your hearing checked.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Kazenji

time to get your hearing checked.

And you should get your eyes checked because I didn't say I didn't hear her, I said she's a bad actress and sounds like mongoloid.

Darth Thor
It is strange they didn't pick a better actress for WW.

Psychotron
Not really. They screwed up Lex almost as bad. It's pretty clear WB just don't know what they're doing.

Darth Thor
Character portrayal is different.

What I mean is Jesse Eisenberg has been nominated for an Oscar. What's Gal Gadot ever been good at acting wise?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Psychotron
And you should get your eyes checked because I didn't say I didn't hear her, I said she's a bad actress and sounds like mongoloid.

"she can barely speak English,"....that pretty much implies you had trouble hearing her when she talks

"Shrugs"

i felt Gal did good with what little she she was given to work with in the BvS movie.

CPT Space Bomb
Not really. They screwed up Lex almost as bad. It's pretty clear WB just don't know what they're doing. Probably the only time we've agreed on anything. Though, WW will undoubtedly be better than BvS.... I hope.

Psychotron
Probably the only time we've agreed on anything. Though, WW will undoubtedly be better than BvS.... I hope.

Doubt it, to be honest. At least BvS had Batfleck and Snyder's action scenes. WW is directed by a woman and stars a model so you can pretty much bet this is gonna be Green Lantern-tier.

"she can barely speak English,"....that pretty much implies you had trouble hearing her when she talks

"Shrugs"

i felt Gal did good with what little she she was given to work with in the BvS movie.

No, it implies I had trouble understanding her. Big difference, and while I did barely understand her, her accent was just too thick and distracting. That combined with her flat dialogue makes her a bad actress.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Character portrayal is different.

What I mean is Jesse Eisenberg has been nominated for an Oscar. What's Gal Gadot ever been good at acting wise?

Jesse is a good actor, but he was miscast as Lex. Someone older and more intimidating would have been a better fit.

BobA
Wonder Woman... The reason many watched Superman vs Batman.

quanchi112
Your in the minority there for her role in BvS. She was the best thing about the film. Psycho is an idiot.

quanchi112

time to get your hearing checked. thumb up

Kazenji
hC2AG6jj7QU

Esau Cairn
For Christ's sake, she can barely speak English, never mind act.

So basically the actress playing, Princess Diana of Themyscira isn't American enough for you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So basically the actress playing, Princess Diana of Themyscira isn't American enough for you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No because she can't seem to act well in English.

Colossus in Deadpool spoke English in a Russian accent, but he spoke clearly and acted the part well. Same with Nightcrawler in X2. If Gadot showed she could do that, no one would have an issue with her English or her acting.

Esau Cairn
And how many lines was she given in BVS?
Not enough to be so critical about her.

Many actors have had dialogue coaches to master different languages & accents...who's to say Gadot doesn't have a coach for her solo WW debut?

Hell even Hugh Jackman commented on having to have an Australian coach to sound more "Aussie" in Chappie.

Darth Thor
And how many lines was she given in BVS?
Not enough to be so critical about her.

I actually think that's exactly why she seemed fine in BvS.

Many actors have had dialogue coaches to master different languages & accents...who's to say Gadot doesn't have a coach for her solo WW debut?

Hell even Hugh Jackman commented on having to have an Australian coach to sound more "Aussie" in Chappie.

Coach for what? To improve her English? Why exactly did they hire a Woman who struggled with English?

BruceSkywalker
lets all just wait for the XXX porn parody lol

Esau Cairn

Coach for what? To improve her English? Why exactly did they hire a Woman who struggled with English?

And once again, she's not American enough for you.

Kazenji

Yes....because we all still talk like Mick Dundee roll eyes (sarcastic)

Esau Cairn
Yes....because we all still talk like Mick Dundee roll eyes (sarcastic)

The director wanted more 70's ocker.
So even more earlier slang than Mick.

Darth Thor
And once again, she's not American enough for you.

erm

Are you just covering your eyes to every point I made.

Why not have all our foreign Avengers struggle to speak English as well? How great would that be?

She doesn't even need to have an accent. Zod from Krypton didn't. So no idea what's with this Nonesense.

Kazenji
"Shrugs"

i heard her perfectly well in BvS don't know why other's didn't.

Darth Thor
^ Like I already said, I think she came across fine in this only because she had such few lines. Even then, she hardly knocked it out of the park (well not for me at least). So Not hopeful for her acting abilities in the WW solo. But will see next year.

Esau Cairn
erm

Are you just covering your eyes to every point I made.

Why not have all our foreign Avengers struggle to speak English as well? How great would that be?

She doesn't even need to have an accent. Zod from Krypton didn't. So no idea what's with this Nonesense.

LOL And what accent is Zod from Krypton supposed to have or sound like?

I mean Wonder Woman has her origins based on Greek Mythology but it's not good enough for you that WB chose an actress with a Mediterranean background to play the role.

That apparently is a reason to whine she doesn't speak or sound English enough for you.
Hell, BatAffleck's modified voice was at times harder to decipher than hers.

WhiteWitchKing

I mean Wonder Woman has her origins based on Greek Mythology but it's not good enough for you that WB chose an actress with a Mediterranean background to play the role.

That apparently is a reason to whine she doesn't speak or sound English enough for you.

This interview sums up some of what you're saying. She doesn't have an acting background. WB doesn't know what they're doing.

https://youtu.be/c42Iv0S2Z-Q

Zack M
She did well in BVS. I have high hopes for this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lets all just wait for the XXX porn parody lol

laughing out loud

thumb up

Originally posted by Zack M
She did well in BVS. I have high hopes for this.

Liked how entertained she was during her foreplay with Dicksday.

Zack M
I liked that fight in general. Got a good applause from my audience.

StiltmanFTW
Her theme song was replayed way too many times, though.

Zack M
Not as much as Superman's. I thought it was annoying. Main reason I have faith, is because if Jenkins. She's a smart director.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

thumb up

It should star Alison Tyler big grin smile

I agree.. In fact they went way overboard with a lot of the theme music

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack M
She's a smart

Oxymoron! vin

While not perfect, I had no complaints about her parts in BvS. She didn't get much screen time, though.

Darth Thor

You claimed she should have an accent because the character is not American and from some magical Island. I'm saying Zod is also not from America or even Earth, so why does t he have an accent?

How is an Isreali accent supposed to be realistic interpretation of a person from a Greek Island?

Fact is you didn't need an accent. Not at all. My problem is she's never proven herself as a good actress in any American movie IMO. And that now includes BvS. And this is Wonder Woman, so it's like, what the heck are they playing at?

Seems to me her being a model that they've hired her as eye candy for the only female JL member, and the female part of the DC Trinity. That just seems incredibly sexist to me personally.

Agree with this. And it was a pretty cheesy theme, in the middle of more serious themes. That part didn't work for me.

Esau Cairn
Quote me where I said she needed an accent.
You're argument has been she doesn't sound English enough from the very start.
Her Israel background is Mediterranean, that's pretty much closer to Greek you're gonna get than an American actress playing the part.

And the last person that was seriously considered to play the role was Megan Gale in George Miller's failed project for the JLA film.

Darth Thor
Quote me where I said she needed an accent.
You're argument has been she doesn't sound English enough from the very start.
Her Israel background is Mediterranean, that's pretty much closer to Greek you're gonna get than an American actress playing the part.

And the last person that was seriously considered to play the role was Megan Gale in George Miller's failed project for the JLA film.

You've implied it makes sense for her to have an accent. I'm saying it's completely unnecessary, especially given we've already shown many foreign aliens with no accents, so they're not even keeping consistent with their own movie universe rules regarding accents.

No my argument from the start is she can't act well playing an English speaking role, so why hire her..

If they wanted to make it close to a Greek background, then they would have gone for something Greek, and not Middle Eastern. An Israeli accent makes no sense for her. Seems to me like they just went for a model with an foreign accent.

You think Gal was a great choice, I think she was a horrible choice. Let's just agree to disagree then. But don't patronise people by making out an Israeli accent makes perfect sense for the character or something.

Kazenji

If they wanted to make it close to a Greek background, then they would have gone for something Greek, and not Middle Eastern. An Israeli accent makes no sense for her. Seems to me like they just went for a model with an foreign accent.

Might want to do some research Darth Thor, Your missing the Mediterranean point Esau is bringing up

Israel is on The Mediterranean Sea along with Greece.

steverules_2
Oxymoron! vin

While not perfect, I had no complaints about her parts in BvS. She didn't get much screen time, though.

If she'd had more screen time you think you would have some complaints?

StiltmanFTW
That's entirely possible.

Either that or it'd be fapping time... big grin

Darth Thor
Might want to do some research Darth Thor, Your missing the Mediterranean point Esau is bringing up

Israel is on The Mediterranean Sea along with Greece.

I mean technically so is Barcelona and that whole side of Spain.

But meh whatever. Still don't think there was the need for any accent, be it Spanish, Greece or Israeli.

Esau Cairn

No my argument from the start is she can't act well playing an English speaking role, so why hire her..

Just off the top of my head:

Jackie Chan

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Milla Jovovich

Dolph Lundgren

Jean Reno

Christopher Lambert

All these actors couldn't speak fluent English or none at all before they started their careers in Hollywood.

Darth Thor
Just off the top of my head:

Jackie Chan

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Milla Jovovich

Dolph Lundgren

Jean Reno

Christopher Lambert

All these actors couldn't speak fluent English or none at all before they started their careers in Hollywood.

Ok.... And any one of them would have been the right person to play an Iconic Superhero for their first major role right?

Give Gal another 10 years and Maybe she'll be experienced enough and good enough to play Wonder Woman. I just think for now she's terribly miscast.

quanchi112
Most people liked her but Darth Thor says screw the masses he says she stinks. This is why you're an idiot. You're a poorly misguided fool with delusional relevance.

Esau Cairn
And all I'm saying is just give her the same chance & opportunity as the actors I mentioned were given.

As you have your opinion, I honestly would prefer a newcomer to play WW than a well known actress. I just personally think an "exotic" actress playing an "exotic" character is a plus.

The actors I mentioned may not have played superheroes but most of them have played iconic characters (Terminator, Alice, Connor MacLeod) & made those roles as their own.

Darth Thor
^ Fair enough. I hope I'm completely wrong and she nails it in the WW movie.

Robtard
Pretty much, she looked great in the costume and looked the part, but her acting was too minimal to know if she can carry the role aside from looks for an entire film where she's the focus.

quanchi112
People aren't even genuinely interested in WW despite her small and delicious role in that trainwreck. It's amusing that so many call me the DC hater.

Robtard
TIL: Having concerns over a liked character being cast well means you're actually not interested in said character

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
People aren't even genuinely interested in WW despite her small and delicious role in that trainwreck. It's amusing that so many call me the DC hater. I'm genuinely interested... Granted I'm not tripping over myself to run to the theater.

quanchi112
TIL: Having concerns over a liked character being cast well means you're actually not interested in said character She was the most interesting character in a film centered around Batman and Superman. You disagree which is fine but I call it how it is. I've always done so. You try to put people on boxes when I am just the last honest man on earth.

Kazenji
Geoff Johns Co-Wrote the movie

http://batman-news.com/2016/07/11/geoff-johns-co-wrote-wonder-woman-movie/

sathishntfu
what kind of story this movie?

marwash22
Originally posted by sathishntfu
what kind of story this movie? a wonderful one.

Zack M
Not sure whether to be happy or not. Both Johns and Heinberg (Young Avengers) have written some great comic stories, but how well would that translate into a good movie script?

-Pr-
Considering how much they need a good movie, there's no harm in trying.

Darth Thor
I'm more worried about the story coming from Snyder. They need fresh input.

Kazenji
Heaps of photo's

http://www.superherohype.com/news/378155-new-wonder-woman-photos-debut#/slide/1

Ridley_Prime
Her costume looks much more colorful there than in BvS. Step in the right direction.

Zack M
Love this poster from SDCC.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2qw1nid.jpg

ares834
Very nice.

thumb up

Zack M
http://i64.tinypic.com/24q8f8x.jpg

Darth Thor
Any scenes played? Still worried about Gal as an actress.

wakkawakkawakka
Gal Gadot as WW was a pleasant surprise in BvS so she'd have to do something really bad to disappoint in this flick.

Also congrats for not muting the colors DC...progress!

BruceSkywalker
Any scenes played? Still worried about Gal as an actress.

well she did get the job because of the casting couch lmao....

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Gal Gadot as WW was a pleasant surprise in BvS so she'd have to do something really bad to disappoint in this flick.

Also congrats for not muting the colors DC...progress!

thumb up

Darth Thor

She had very few lines in BvS (and even those were not done particularly well IMO). Supporting her own solo movie is a far more challenging task.

I'm guessing they'll make the film action heavy and do it from Chris Pine's POV.

Firefly218
She had very few lines in BvS (and even those were not done particularly well IMO). Supporting her own solo movie is a far more challenging task.

I'm guessing they'll make the film action heavy and do it from Chris Pine's POV. That would be a terrible idea. It's a Wonder Woman movie, not a Steve Trevor movie.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218
That would be a terrible idea. It's a Wonder Woman movie, not a Steve Trevor movie.

Unfortunately it might be the best use of Gal Gadot though.

Ridley_Prime
That poster being shown on the day of her reveal in Injustice 2. Nice. thumb up

carthage
Loving the poster

Zack M
5lGoQhFb4NM

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Loving the poster

the poster is good... the trailer has me intrigued

carthage
My main issue is her accent and her line delivery seems highly reminiscent of Hayden Christensen/Steve Amell's very bland style of acting. I like the action scenes and the plot for the film is very typical origin story type fare, like when she met Steve on the shoreline for the first time she didn't really seem all that amazed.

Zack M
I love the cinematography. I thought all DC movies moving forward were going to be dark. wink

Robtard
Looking foward to this more than JL, just keep Synder away.

Inhuman

thumb up

ares834
Hmm... Not feeling the trailer sadly. It's not bad but it didn't grip me either. I actually enjoyed the JL teaser more. Action looks really nice though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
My main issue is her accent and her line delivery seems highly reminiscent of Hayden Christensen/Steve Amell's very bland style of acting. I like the action scenes and the plot for the film is very typical origin story type fare, like when she met Steve on the shoreline for the first time she didn't really seem all that amazed.

she seems to not want to learn different type dialects.. it sounds like she is speaking in her natural voice.

in total agreement

-Pr-
That was actually a pretty good trailer. I'm actually looking forward to it more now.

marwash22
feels a lot like, "Wonder Woman: the First Leaguer"

glad they kept that music as her theme song. It was legit one of the best parts of 'Dawn of Justice'.

wakkawakkawakka
I know this will be rather redundant to hear again but Colors! Colors everywhere. And sunlight is also there too.

Darth Thor
Wow, that actually looks good, and Gal didn't suck.

But I called it, Pine carrying the movie along. And that Gal's part will be heavy on action and posing.

Story is by Snyder. No joke.

Kazenji

Story is by Snyder. No joke.

With help from Geoff Johns.

Ridley_Prime
I know this will be rather redundant to hear again but Colors! Colors everywhere. And sunlight is also there too.
Really?! I was expecting there to be like an eclipse on the island of Themyscira the whole movie.

Patient_Leech
Funny how this looks better than BvS. (then again, what wouldn't?) Why the hell didn't they do this first? As well as a solo Batfleck film? Might have made BvS a little less awful.

Ridley_Prime
This is how you do a solid film with female lead(s), not the phuckin Ghostbusters reboot.

Zack Fair
Epic trailer is Epic. I love WW's theme from BvS

Ridley_Prime
I kinda like too how they're doing WWI instead of WWII like with Captain America (at least I think it's WWI in this movie).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>