[Discussion Thread] How powerful is Darth Plagueis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01

Emperordmb
I have the guy just beneath Yoda.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Or just above Yoda. smile

NewGuy01
So how would he fare, say, against Sarasu Taalon or Darth Caedus?

Emperordmb
Post Pool Taalon>>Plagueis>Caedus>Pre Pool Taalon

NewGuy01
Off-topic, can anyone post the fight between Sarasu, Abeloth, and Luke for me?

Emperordmb
Maybe when I get home if nobody beats me to it.

hutchy1345
On par with yoda in the force but below him in sabers
Probs second most powerful sith behind sidious

Nephthys
Nihilus > Plagueis.

Darth Abonis
Plaugeis can outthink his enemies; that's what makes him so dangerous

FreshestSlice
Below Vader. estahuh

Trocity
Vader is more powerful, yeah.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plagueis is stronger than Vader, Kun, Caedus, and maybe Krayt tbh.

FreshestSlice
Nope tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Stop low balling Sidious's master. smile

FreshestSlice
If being bellow Vader is lowballing then pretty much the entire mythos is shit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No. Plagueis being below Vader is what's shit. smile

Fated Xtasy
Below Vader above Dooku.

Plagueis is certainly strong but Yoda and Sheev are by virtue of several sources and books, stronger.

That's just talking raw force power, technical ability,etc.
The guy is overrated as a duelist if I'm honest.

carthage
Greater than 10 DOE Banes

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No. Plagueis being below Vader is what's shit. smile
No, your opinion is what's shit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No u. smile

FreshestSlice
Why don't you make like Plagueis and suffocate?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why don't you make like Valkorion and disappear?

FreshestSlice
>implying Valkorion would ever actually leave

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You're right. I suppose I'll never be rid of you unless I kill you. smile

FreshestSlice
You would not be the first to try, but you could be the first to succeed.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I have the weapon. The will of the force is mine to command. Your niggatry will not be enough to stop me. smile

Syndicate
Pretty powerful tbh. It's implied that his presence caused storms all across Naboo.

FreshestSlice
I have the weapon. The will of the force is mine to command. Your niggatry will not be enough to stop me. smile
I've moved beyond shitty one off weapons with 205 stats, that you can't mod because BioWare hates you.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is the weapon really that bad?

ILS
More powerful than eryone barring Sidious, Yoda, Luke, Valkorion maybe, entities and other fagguts

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Yoda
> Maybe Valkorion

I hope u an timing hero smile

hutchy1345
Stronger than krayt or caedus lower than yoda and sidious

FreshestSlice
Is the weapon really that bad?
Yep, you can change the color crystal, that's it. It also has buffs, but only against Arcann. Might as well just use my 224.

ILS
>Yoda
> Maybe Valkorion

I hope u an timing hero smile smile RotS Sidious association, gotta love it

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion no an Sith smile

"I am no sith"

"Valkorion's change within you is unprecedented. You'll never truly be Jedi or Sith"

"I am beyond light or dark"

ILS
Das nice, codex calls him a Sith

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Actual events that contradict an codex > an codex

JKBart
More powerful than anybody sans (chronological order):
- Valkorion/Vitiate,
- Revan,
- Darth Malgus,
- Arcann (possibly),
- Yoda,
- Palpatine,
- Luke Skywalker.

JKBart
Actual events that contradict an codex > an codex

but an hero always > an hero smilesmilesmile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I an adderull'd yesterday smilesmilesmile

Beniboybling
Don't see how Plagueis could possibly be considered beneath Vader, when Luceno himself stated that Plagueis could have defeated TPM Palpatine in a lightsaber duel, and by the end of the novel he'd become practically an immortal being.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put him above Yoda. Palpatine is suggested to have become stronger than his master by the death of the latter, yet 10 years later Yoda was able to all but stalemate him. Against Plagueis he'd have certainly succeeded.

S_W_LeGenD
On par with Revan, IMO.

Originally posted by ILS
Das nice, codex calls him a Sith
He is described as an ancient Sith entity only to make the readers recognize him as the former Sith Emperor. However, the same codex entry then reveals that Valkorion perceived Sith teachings to be archaic and embraced a new philosophy to bolster his power.

Valkorion is not a Sith. Full stop.

Originally posted by ILS
More powerful than eryone barring Sidious, Yoda, Luke, Valkorion maybe, entities and other fagguts
Valkorion maybe?

Have a look:http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/valkorion-respect-thread/97466/

hutchy1345
Originally posted by JKBart
More powerful than anybody sans (chronological order):
- Valkorion/Vitiate,
- Revan,
- Darth Malgus,
- Arcann (possibly),
- Yoda,
- Palpatine,
- Luke Skywalker.
Agreed except revan
Why do you hold him so so highly

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why do you think Malgus and Arcann are superior to Revan lmfao

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Don't see how Plagueis could possibly be considered beneath Vader, when Luceno himself stated that Plagueis could have defeated TPM Palpatine in a lightsaber duel, and by the end of the novel he'd become practically an immortal being.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put him above Yoda. Palpatine is suggested to have become stronger than his master by the death of the latter, yet 10 years later Yoda was able to all but stalemate him. Against Plagueis he'd have certainly succeeded.
Canon Vader, you fool. We don't talk about the Legends nonsense. Not that it matters, because unless RotJ Palpatine didn't grow at all in over three decades, it's a moot point.

hutchy1345
Why do you think Malgus and Arcann are superior to Revan lmfao
Yes
Revan is definitely overrated

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No, I was asking if you have any evidence supporting the idea that Arcann and Malgus are indeed superior to Revan.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Yes
Revan is definitely overrated
No, Revan is immensely powerful. This time, we have quantifiable showings to prove his greatness.

JKBart
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Agreed except revan
Why do you hold him so so highly

Revan was capable of ragdolling Darth Marr, Satele Shan, Lana Beniko, and 3 other people all at once, at the same time, mid-combat. Not even Yoda demonstrated something of that magnitude (Palpatine and Luke did though).

And now remember he done that multiple times, granted, that stuff was interrupted by the protag, but it's no surprise he couldn't fight the protag while ragdolling 6 people at once, 2 insanely powerful included.

Marr, overall, was stated to be superior to Deceived Malgus; obviously it's just "overall", so we can't say he was as powerful as Malgus, but somewhere in that tier. And Satele? Easily superior feats to the likes of Dooku, Xesh, Sadow, Cade Skywalker, Shaak Ti and guys like that. Even Lana Beniko was around Asajj/Obi-Wan level in the Force. And Revan could still ragdoll all of them at once, repeatedly, even though it obviously taxed him to the maximum, since he couldn't do anything against the HoT/Nox/Wrath/Thor at that time. Even then, it's immensely impressive.

Then take into account that "SOR" Revan was damaged, half his mind separated, already dead, destroyed, ravaged. He was no way near his prime.

Syndicate

Quote for Plagueis being able to win a lightsaber duel?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Canon Vader, you fool. We don't talk about the Legends nonsense. Not that it matters, because unless RotJ Palpatine didn't grow at all in over three decades, it's a moot point.Plagueis is superior to Vader in all his forms. smile

And lets not suggest Vader would stand a chance against TPM Palpatine. Originally posted by Syndicate
Quote for Plagueis being able to win a lightsaber duel? Q: Do you feel that had it come to a contest of lightsabers or Force powers that Sidious would have prevailed anyway?

Luceno: If it had come to a duel, I think Plagueis may have found a way to undermine his apprentice.

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11656

Syndicate

Luceno: If it had come to a duel, I think Plagueis may have found a way to undermine his apprentice.

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11656

:O DAMN SON!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZLwK6H86k

Emperordmb
An nice! Plagueis wank!

Syndicate
My entire life has been an lie.

Beniboybling
smile

JKBart
smile smile

Syndicate
smile smile smile

ILS
Originally posted by Syndicate
My entire life has been an lie. If you support this quote, you support Maul > Dooku.

Have fun reconciling that smile

Syndicate
Look ILS. I love Maul. But it's gotten to a ridiculous point. Next thing you know you're going to try to say Maul is on Plagueis's level. Hell you're already working up to it by trying to bring him up to Vader who is compared to Plaguies in some areas.

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
How powerful is Darth Plagueis?

Below Maul but above Talzin.

FreshestSlice
Plagueis is superior to Vader in all his forms. smile

And lets not suggest Vader would stand a chance against TPM Sidious.
Nope and nope.

Beniboybling
The worst part is I can't tell if you're trolling. smile

FreshestSlice
Give me some of those amazing feats by TPM Sidious, and you'll find out.

Beniboybling
Nah, I'd rather use it as ammunition for Ahsoka. smile

FreshestSlice
Good. Goooooooooood.

ILS
Look ILS. I love Maul. But it's gotten to a ridiculous point. Next thing you know you're going to try to say Maul is on Plagueis's level. Hell you're already working up to it by trying to bring him up to Vader who is compared to Plaguies in some areas. Are you retarded? I didn't say he's stronger than Vader let alone Plagueis. Also, Vader being on-par with Plagueis is cancer.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

FreshestSlice
Right, because Vader is obviously superior.

Sinious
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Plaugeis can outthink his enemies; that's what makes him so dangerous I agree. He is smarter than almost any other Jedi/Sith I know tbh. I take this factor into consideration when characters like Sidious are involved too. Other than that:

He is 50 years old Sidious level and second strongest sith in RoT after Sidious. His knowledge of the force + his feats of power, speed, and durability also impress me quite a bit. Not to mention what he did to Naboo with his mere presence before his prime.

I'd say he is the 3rd most powerful Sith right after Vitiate (pre-Zakuul) and before Caedus.

Syndicate
Originally posted by ILS
Are you retarded? I didn't say he's stronger than Vader let alone Plagueis. Also, Vader being on-par with Plagueis is cancer.

Please stop attempting to twist my words. I said that people compare Vader to Plagueis in some aspect such as the Force.

You're trying to say Maul is equal or superior to Dooku who's generally seen as a peer to Vader.

NewGuy01

You're trying to say Maul is equal or superior to Dooku who's generally seen as a peer to Vader.

Pretty much, yeah. He's not as powerful as Dooku is though, but power isn't the only thing that factors into a fight; and Maul is close enough to him that his other virtues (like his much higher willpower and pain tolerance) may be able to bridge the gap if they ever come to blows. It honestly depends.

cs_zoltan
lel @ Dooku being a peer to Vader

cs_zoltan
edit: double post

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Below Vader above Dooku.

Plagueis is certainly strong but Yoda and Sheev are by virtue of several sources and books, stronger.

That's just talking raw force power, technical ability,etc.
The guy is overrated as a duelist if I'm honest.

thumb up

Beniboybling
People who think Vader is stronger than Plagueis better wank Ahsoka hard or face up to their own cancer. smile

ILS
Please stop attempting to twist my words. I said that people compare Vader to Plagueis in some aspect such as the Force.

You're trying to say Maul is equal or superior to Dooku who's generally seen as a peer to Vader. That's because it's Vader wanking season and nobody has ever had the attention span/desire to really look at Plagueis as a character to find out why he's meant to be so powerful.

Dude, "generally seen as" doesn't mean dick. Your stance on what is ridiculous and what is "general", what is full of shit and what is "supported", is just that; yours. Example: you come out with the most awful, retarded shit on a daily basis but I can't claim that awful, retarded shit is awful and retarded for everybody. Maybe a few people, or a lot, but not everyone. Much in the same way, you continue to prance around giving characters set placements in the power hierarchy based on personal whim or what you perceive to be the "general" viewpoint. At least don't be so misguided as to think what you're saying isn't to go without contention.

FreshestSlice
People who think Vader is stronger than Plagueis better wank Ahsoka hard or face up to their own cancer. smile
Ahsoka is now one of the best duelists in Canon.

Lord Stark
On par with or slightly above Talzin.

NewGuy01
Plagueis said Maul's speed is "astonishing".

Maul is faster than Plagueis. Deal with it.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Plagueis said Maul's speed is "astonishing".

Maul is faster than Plagueis. Deal with it.
How does that mean he's faster
Could just mean that plagueis is impressed that maul is close to plagueis' speed
Doesnt' mea faster tho

Sinious
LOL @ Vader > Plagueis honestly

have some common sense and don't just rely on mere exposure for once

Beniboybling
Plagueis has no Canon showings. smile

Pwn N00bs
Plagueis has no Canon showings. smile

That's not an argument.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I think he knows that.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Sinious
LOL @ Vader > Plagueis honestly

have some common sense and don't just rely on mere exposure for once
Common sense says Vader better than anything Plagueis ever did. Don't just rely on a shit opinion.

Col. Valerian
Common sense says quite the opposite, actually. You really think Vader > TPM Sids...?

FreshestSlice
What's so great about TPM Sidious again? No one ever wants to show how great he his, but just claim it right out the gate.

Col. Valerian
Well, TPM Sidious at least >>> TPM Maul in terms of skills, and I think it is pretty obvious that by TPM, Sidious is already very powerful with the Force.

FreshestSlice
TCW Sidious isn't even >>>TCW Maul in terms of skill, who has to my knowledge nothing that would make him more skilled in the two decades or so that he's been a cripple, so somehow I doubt Sidious is that far above Maul in TPM. And I think it's pretty obvious you should support your opinion with more than itself.

Col. Valerian
Have you read Darth Plagueis? If so, you should know what I'm talking about Forcewise. And as his final test, Sidious unleashed Maul's anger and made him attack him, and Sidious dominates him with little difficulty. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If that's honestly not at least >> Maul, I don't know what is in your book, also considering the dominance Sids displayed over Maul and Savage simultaneously.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There's no way in hell Vader > TPM Sidious, tbh. smile

FreshestSlice
Because Sidious is far more powerful than Maul in that confrontation? Do you not get how lightsaber duels work?

Col. Valerian
Yeah? That's my point?

Why do you ask what's so great about TPM Sidious if you apparently already know his feats? Are you not impressed at all or..?

FreshestSlice
Because Vader's more powerful than Maul, so that point doesn't really stand on its own. It's like arguing Valkorion is more powerful than Sidious because he stomped Arcann, as some people on this forum do often, when Sidious is already comparatively more powerful. It's a stupid argument.

Col. Valerian
I don't think it's always stupid, but fine.

Then, would you say Vader would dominate Maul with the ease TPM Sidious did?

FreshestSlice
TPM Maul? Sure. Just as easily as Maul dominated Savage. Realized power makes a lot of difference.

ILS
lol

FreshestSlice
Maul is terrible, ILS. He's a plot device now.

Sinious
You're terrible, Freshest. You and your opinions.

FreshestSlice
You're the absolute worst member of this forum. You and your Sheev worship, and two-faceness.

Sinious
What form of a Sheev fan would I be if I weren't two-faced? smile

FreshestSlice
Right, you were a ***** from birth. uhuh

Sinious
I know you can't really hate me cause I wank the GoDlander

FreshestSlice
Maul legit trash now.

ares834
laughing out loud

Erkan is having a heart attack.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

Erkan is having a heart attack. LMFAO

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

Erkan is having a heart attack.
Lel. thumb up

Syndicate
Originally posted by ILS
That's because it's Vader wanking season and nobody has ever had the attention span/desire to really look at Plagueis as a character to find out why he's meant to be so powerful.

Dude, "generally seen as" doesn't mean dick. Your stance on what is ridiculous and what is "general", what is full of shit and what is "supported", is just that; yours. Example: you come out with the most awful, retarded shit on a daily basis but I can't claim that awful, retarded shit is awful and retarded for everybody. Maybe a few people, or a lot, but not everyone. Much in the same way, you continue to prance around giving characters set placements in the power hierarchy based on personal whim or what you perceive to be the "general" viewpoint. At least don't be so misguided as to think what you're saying isn't to go without contention.

I'm not basing this off of my opinion or at least I try not to. From what I've seen people generally place Dooku around Vader's level. Can you stop being such a dic ILS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.