The realm of speculation, theories and conclusions. Savage Oppress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheDarthBoy
Hello KMC or any SW fans I have returned, with another interesting take on what I think is one of the most underestimated character in TCW and in Battle boards.

I would like to know why this is.

Is it because he is Darth Mauls (unwanted brother)?

Is it a subconscious anger that places constant comparisons to someone far superior?

Do you think that is fair judgement on the characters abilities as a whole?

Do we low ball him because he isnt the Darth Maul we wanted?

Was it his loss to Sidious?

Was Savage Oppress truly worthy of some praise?

Or was he truly weak to begin with?

Is Savage Oppress truly the most underestimated, or do plain facts simply keep him where he is?

For the sake of thoughts and theories, a few debates we can begin.

Syndicate
kMC actually doesn't lowball him all that much and neither does CV thanks to ILS's efforts.

red8
I don't think KMC underrates Savage.

S_W_LeGenD
Savage Opress is not underestimated. Instead, peopled tend to assume that he will challenge the likes of Darth Malgus which is absurd.

ILS
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
Is it because he is Darth Mauls (unwanted brother)?
Not necessarily.

Only in Neph's case.

Is he fairly judged? No.

Some people probably do.

In some cases.

Obviously.

Obviously not.

If people operated on "plain facts", even when it didn't suit their agenda, Savage would be in a much better place.

McP
The main problem with Savage imo, is that he was far too OP in S3. A fighter of his level of skill and expierience should not overhelm Dooku in any cas, as well as he should not be albe to hold his own against Anakin and Obi-Wand duo.
Then S4 comes, and Savage is more or less balanced (in shwings, he has better hype though). Along with Maul he's able to quickly dispatch Kenobi. After that, they fight Kenobi and Ventress in awesome 2v2 fight. Maul haven't regain his full power yet, Kenobi is terribly beaten, so two strongest guys have some handicaps. That makes every person in that duel more or less equal.
Then S5 comes, and Savage has some hype, that he became stronger. But unlike hype, showings are worse again, he is stomped by Kenobi, while having Maul assistance. The he's stomped by Sidious, but that's not that bad at all. It's Sidious himself, right?

So yeah, I would say that his showings were somehow retconned. S5 Savage should be treat as his prime, we should somehow give a less attention to his S3 pure feats. And - for his own good - we should treat that deleted scene from his duel with Sidious as a canon. That would show, that even powerhouses like Yoda or Sidious can be caught off-guard, and that Savage finally was able to defend himself against Force lightning (he failed to defend himself against Sidious' FL, but he was capable of defending himself against a lightning of average level of power).

I would place him somewhere between Kenobi and Ventress.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.