Asgard vs Seven Kingdoms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Asgard vs Seven Kingdoms

The Beyonder has decided to set a challenge for Asgard. He takes the entire realm and places it on his battleworld. Then he takes seven enemy kingdoms and uses them to surround Asgard's new borders by land and sea and underground. Between each kingdom is an impenetrable barrier.

For the first rounds, only one barrier can open. Asgard must face each of the seven kingdoms in separate battles, with the winner declared when one side destroys the other side's ability to attack or defend any further:

1) Atlantis (Marvel) - leader: Sub-Mariner. They can use air/land capabilities as displayed in their various surface world incursions.
2) Wakanda - leader: Black Panther
3) Latveria - leader: Doctor Doom
4) Atlantis (DC) - leader: Aquaman. They can make use of their air/land capabilities.
5) Attilan - leader: Blackbolt
6) Subterranea - leader: Mole Man
7) Gorilla City - leader: King Solovar

Asgard is restored by the Beyonder after each battle. Which kingdom does best against Asgard and can any of them pull off a win?

Next round the Beyonder decides to up the ante. He will try to choose the minimum combination of kingdoms to destroy Asgard. What is the smallest combination (if any) can pull off victory over Asgard?

EcstaticGrace
Is Odin included? Which characters are taking part in the Kingdoms? Black Bolt and and the Royal Inhumans/Nuhumans as well? Aquaman, Mera, Orm, Garth and every other DC Atlantean? Do Kingdoms like Wakanda and Latveria get prep? Is Grodd alongside Solovar?

ShadowFyre
Depends on which version of Asgard. If it is classic Asgard, pre-Ragnarok, then they should rollover any single military here.

Current Asgardia probably loses to almost everyone. They are in middle of civil war right now

the Darkone
Asgard has a lot heavy hitters period Thor level and beyond, if this is Asgard on earth plan they will have difficulties but they should win, in Asgard universe it's a slaughter in favor of Asgard

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by the Darkone
Asgard has a lot heavy hitters period Thor level and beyond, if this is Asgard on earth plan they will have difficulties but they should win, in Asgard universe it's a slaughter in favor of Asgard

Most of Asgard isn't Thor level if you take out Thor, Odin and Cul a lot of these Kingdoms could cleanhouse.

StiltmanFTW
There was a game called Seven Kingdoms. Good old times.

Now, everyone thinks of GoT/ASoIaF when you mention 7 Kingdoms.

Horrificus
Every Asgardian is superhuman to a certain extent. And there r quite a few that r well above the level of average Asgardians.
It just comes down to deciding who is allowed to participate and who isnt.

Next, does Asgard still keep its physical laws? Because Asgard matter and gravity is 3 times that of Earth.

Then, on top of that, u have verious magic-users who have been present serving Odin and Thor in the past.

Finally, Asgard has shown some truly monstrous weapons in the past. Powerful enough to obliterate entire Asgardian mountain rages. Meaning mountain ranges that r 3 times as dense as any on earth.

Asgard should clean up nicely here.

ShadowFyre
Like I said, classic Asgard stomps. Current doese t even have a proper military

StiltmanFTW
Asgard dies.

deathslash
Um, doesn't black panther still have the space gem from secret wars?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
Um, doesn't black panther still have the space gem from secret wars?

He doesn't need it against z-listers.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He doesn't need it against z-listers. I'm not sure if I'm happy or upset with that post. On one hand, you just complemented panther; on the other hand, you just insulted some of my favorite asgardians.

StiltmanFTW
As if there were any likeable Asgardians...

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
As if there were any likeable Asgardians... I actually like plenty of them, like heimdall, tyr, balder, skurge, and a few others.

StiltmanFTW
Skurge is an asgardian/frost giant hybrid, technically.

Tyr achieved less than Ares... if that's even possible.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Horrificus
Every Asgardian is superhuman to a certain extent. And there r quite a few that r well above the level of average Asgardians.
It just comes down to deciding who is allowed to participate and who isnt.

Next, does Asgard still keep its physical laws? Because Asgard matter and gravity is 3 times that of Earth.

Then, on top of that, u have verious magic-users who have been present serving Odin and Thor in the past.

Finally, Asgard has shown some truly monstrous weapons in the past. Powerful enough to obliterate entire Asgardian mountain rages. Meaning mountain ranges that r 3 times as dense as any on earth.

Asgard should clean up nicely here.

Attilan you have various degree of characters with powers that are pretty OP. Black Bolt, Maximus, Ahura some of the Nuhumans. The rest depends on whose usable Randac?

Composite Atlantis (DC) Atlantean weapons shown capable of harming characters like Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. Sorcerers like Tempest and Hagen, Mera, Aquaman. The rest depends on whose usable Arion? Atlan? Atlanna?

I feel like some of the others need Prep not knowledgeable on Marvel Atlantis.

the Darkone
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace

Most of Asgard isn't Thor level if you take out Thor, Odin and Cul a lot of these Kingdoms could cleanhouse.

There are Thor Level characters, BRB and Kurse are honorary citizens of Asgard, enchantress, Karnallia, Kelda, Clor, Kurse, Hemidall, Valkyrie, Sif, Warriors 3, Loki, Destroyer,Freyja, Buri, Odin and Gaea who is elder god wink

Asgard has weapons that can phuck up stars, aritfacts like casket of winters etc even if they are on earth plane, if the writers dosn't dummy down asgard they will win regardless

EcstaticGrace
There are Thor Level characters, BRB and Kurse are honorary citizens of Asgard, enchantress, Karnallia, Kelda, Clor, Kurse, Hemidall, Valkyrie, Sif, Warriors 3, Loki, Destroyer,Freyja, Buri, Odin and Gaea who is elder god wink

Asgard has weapons that can phuck up stars, aritfacts like casket of winters etc even if they are on earth plane, if the writers dosn't dummy down asgard they will win regardless

Pretty sure Beta Ray Bill and Kurse don't count my point was that characters like Odin really turn the tides. Isn't Clor a clone created by Reed and Stark... I think it's not Thor related characters and characters with actual National affiliation with Asgard that depends on the OP I guess.

It really depends on if we could use every characters that's ever existed as part of a Kingdom.

the Darkone
Pretty sure Beta Ray Bill and Kurse don't count my point was that characters like Odin really turn the tides. Isn't Clor a clone created by Reed and Stark... I think it's not Thor related characters and characters with actual National affiliation with Asgard that depends on the OP I guess.

It really depends on if we could use every characters that's ever existed as part of a Kingdom.

Clor is the brother of Odin the Serpent, BRB and Kurse do count since they are citizens of Asgard if you like it or not, so Kelda, Karnailla, Vidar, Hermod, Skurge, Gaea, Loki etc the kingdoms pull out everything, and we havent even talked about asgard weapons and artifacts

EcstaticGrace
Clor is the brother of Odin the Serpent, BRB and Kurse do count since they are citizens of Asgard if you like it or not, so Kelda, Karnailla, Vidar, Hermod, Skurge, Gaea, Loki etc the kingdoms pull out everything, and we havent even talked about asgard weapons and artifacts

That more up to the OP.. The characters in this up to us up to the OP.

the Darkone
That more up to the OP.. The characters in this up to us up to the OP.

I know that, until he clears it up Asgard citizens doesn't pertain to just Asgard born, Asgard has the sheer numbers and weapons to devastate all the kingdoms. Loki, Enchantress and KAranilla can phuck up the 7 kingdoms

krisblaze
Easy win for Asgard.

Horrificus

Asgard has weapons that can phuck up stars, aritfacts like casket of winters etc even if they are on earth plane, if the writers dosn't dummy down asgard they will win regardless this post touches on the things i was hinting at.

If Asgard gets to use all weapons and artifacts that have been shown in thier posession over all these years, technically, they could probably waste these opponents without the use of special characters.

Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

Current Asgard? Well, i dont even consider it "Asgard" anymore.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Horrificus
this post touches on the things i was hinting at.

If Asgard gets to use all weapons and artifacts that have been shown in thier posession over all these years, technically, they could probably waste these opponents without the use of special characters.

Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

Current Asgard? Well, i dont even consider it "Asgard" anymore.

If there all on a battlefield wouldn't weapons that could destroy other Kingdoms be harmful for the Asgardians as well on this said battlefield.

basilisk
Based on comments I agree a lot of this depends on the version of Asgard. Might be an idea to make a case for both classic and current scenarios.

However, the population of Asgard is limited only to those who actually reside there, or characters who come from there and spend a lot of time there. Generally I would include characters that have had appearances for a long time and live or lived in Asgard, or characters that can be reasonably assumed to still be living in Asgard. So Thor is in, but BRB is out - while a citizen I don't think he resided there or spent most of his time there except for a few points in his history. Likewise Bor wasn't around as a character very long and is dead and gone, so I don't count him. Loki, Enchantress and Karnilla are OK.

I guess Asgard can use any weapon that doesn't actually devastate Asgard in the process of attacking a kingdom next door.

Attilan you have various degree of characters with powers that are pretty OP. Black Bolt, Maximus, Ahura some of the Nuhumans. The rest depends on whose usable Randac?

Composite Atlantis (DC) Atlantean weapons shown capable of harming characters like Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. Sorcerers like Tempest and Hagen, Mera, Aquaman. The rest depends on whose usable Arion? Atlan? Atlanna?

I feel like some of the others need Prep not knowledgeable on Marvel Atlantis. I agree on this, the Atlantises actually have some powerful tech and magic users, I don't see why characters such as Tempest, Arion etc can't be used as they pretty much lived there most of the time. Likewise Attilan has some powerful superbeings and tech, plus Maximus. I imagine Latveria and Wakanda have some pretty devastating weapons in reserve also, perhaps even Subterranea.

Clor is the brother of Odin the Serpent, BRB and Kurse do count since they are citizens of Asgard if you like it or not, so Kelda, Karnailla, Vidar, Hermod, Skurge, Gaea, Loki etc the kingdoms pull out everything, and we havent even talked about asgard weapons and artifacts Clor or Bor? Clor wouldn't count for Asgard, and Bor I don't think counts either (see above).

There are Thor Level characters, BRB and Kurse are honorary citizens of Asgard, enchantress, Karnallia, Kelda, Clor, Kurse, Hemidall, Valkyrie, Sif, Warriors 3, Loki, Destroyer,Freyja, Buri, Odin and Gaea who is elder god wink Regular Asgardians like Sif, Warriors, cannon fodder soldiers etc are less than half Thor's strength though and lack his other powers. Gaea is not in Asgard other than to visit.

Horrificus
If there all on a battlefield wouldn't weapons that could destroy other Kingdoms be harmful for the Asgardians as well on this said battlefield. no. They just turn the dials to "medium". big grin

the Darkone
Destroyer is a weapon nd one of the most powerful weapons, plus Enchantress and Loki have enough raw magic and versatility that will phuck up the kingdoms

DarkOdin
Current Asgard still has a decent line up, Odin, Cul, bor, destroyer, Hela, the hell wolf tyr, balder, warrior 3, sif, freya, the thunder guard, r, plus there artifacts and standard asgardians

Tar-Antado
Does Odin get his Gatling gun?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Does Odin get his Gatling gun?

Surprised it took so long for someone to post this laughing out loud

Khazra Reborn
Asgard clears house pretty easily, especially if they're allowed access to their full arsenal, and are in the actual dimension of Asgard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.