How powerful will Kylo Ren be in Episode VIII?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
I'm thinking almost ROTS Anakin level?

Bashar Teg
you know nothing, jon snow.

queeq
Nor does anyone except those working on the movie.

Lord Lucien
He'll be, like, so powerful.

Rebel95
Lol

queeq
laughing out loud

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He'll be, like, so powerful.

Like...30 powerful?

Lord Lucien
Like, alot.

Bashar Teg
powerful enough to make vegita's scouter explode.

queeq
Like, alot.

I like it a lot!

Col. Valerian
He'll be around Dooku level, imo.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
He'll be around Dooku level, imo. He'll be so strong:

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/04/stronger_than_an_ant-43494.gif

queeq
laughing out loud

Col. Valerian
He'll be so strong:

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/04/stronger_than_an_ant-43494.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/2a9ee1c0dfc4676aef7b38544896203d/tumblr_inline_o3hs5rj39X1tv0f37_500.gif

Dark-Kenshin
5th Brother level.

queeq
That makes sense.

StiltmanFTW
He'll probably be slightly more powerful than Rey in her "Hero Saves The Day!" mode.

Then he'll get his ass whooped in Ep IX.

queeq
Maybe maybe...

quanchi112
More powerful than that pansy, Vader.

queeq
Oh yeah... that pansy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by queeq
Oh yeah... that pansy. Well he always was a crybaby.

queeq
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

phinney6
laughing out loud laughing out loud

DarthDuelist9
In The Force Awakens Kylo's already pretty powerful. In the novelization and the junior novelization Kylo, when he was to injured and hindered to stand, blocked Rey's lightsaber strikes so considering how much energy a lightsaber containes (more then Force Lightning besides Sidious's or Valkorion's) it's damn impressive. Seeing that Kylo's greatest hindrance was his pull to the Light and by killing Han Solo he overwon this, he's probably going to grow quite a bit towards episode VIII.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
In The Force Awakens Kylo's already pretty powerful. In the novelization and the junior novelization Kylo, when he was to injured and hindered to stand, blocked Rey's lightsaber strikes so considering how much energy a lightsaber containes (more then Force Lightning besides Sidious's or Valkorion's) it's damn impressive. Seeing that Kylo's greatest hindrance was his pull to the Light and by killing Han Solo he overwon this, he's probably going to grow quite a bit towards episode VIII. Kylo Ren and Rey's fight was pitiful.

Finn was able to tag him and Finn lost to a stormtrooper earlier despite having superior weaponry, as opposed to a stun baton. :/

quanchi112
I myself favor the Pt fights as opposed to the episode seven duel. I suspect they will both be much improved in episode eight.

queeq
I 'got' the ST fights... I didn't get or go along with the PT fights. All eye candy, no content.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Kylo Ren and Rey's fight was pitiful. http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1599475/nostalgia-critic-wtf-o.gif#wtf%20animated%20gif%20320x240

queeq
Yeah, right.

Jmanghan
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1599475/nostalgia-critic-wtf-o.gif#wtf%20animated%20gif%20320x240 They weren't Graceful at all, they it looked (as Luminara would say) unrefined, amatuerish, and sloppy.

To me, that just... isn't entertaining :/

Jmanghan
They weren't Graceful at all, they it looked (as Luminara would say) unrefined, amatuerish, and sloppy.

To me, that just... isn't entertaining :/ All those awesome moves they did in the PT was eye-catching and awesome, bad-ass saber action.

In Episode 7 its like... SWING, oh, she ducked under a tree, swing, block, run away, swing, run away.

It was so boring, but it was a climax and emotionally gripping, so that makes the fight worth watching, right?...

Nah, not if there isn't an finesse, and over-the-top shit going on.

I rarely look up the old fights from the 70's and 80's.

The fights from the Hope trailer in SWTOR, and all those trailer fights had me hooked, and I didnt even know who they were.

quanchi112
I 'got' the ST fights... I didn't get or go along with the PT fights. All eye candy, no content. Iyo. They were more entertaining IMO than the Ren/Finn/Rey fight. I'm hoping they vastly improve their movements in the next film.

queeq
All those awesome moves they did in the PT was eye-catching and awesome, bad-ass saber action.

In Episode 7 its like... SWING, oh, she ducked under a tree, swing, block, run away, swing, run away.

It was so boring, but it was a climax and emotionally gripping, so that makes the fight worth watching, right?...

Nah, not if there isn't an finesse, and over-the-top shit going on.

I rarely look up the old fights from the 70's and 80's.

The fights from the Hope trailer in SWTOR, and all those trailer fights had me hooked, and I didnt even know who they were.

I dunno. The Rey-Kylo fight LOOKED like a fight. Not like a ballet where nothing seemed to be at stake, since everyone looked so careless about it. Maybe with the OB1/Ani fight as an exception, but that one was so tediously long with overused CGI stuff, that it completely missed the mark.

The Rey-Kylo fight was a FIGHT... rough, crude... something was at stake and... it looked real.

DarthDuelist9
Kylo Ren and Rey's fight was pitiful.

Finn was able to tag him and Finn lost to a stormtrooper earlier despite having superior weaponry, as opposed to a stun baton. :/

Finn himself was one of the best Stormtroopers in the entire First Order while FN-2199, the stormtrooper Finn lost to, was similarly skilled. In the novel Before The Awakening Finn actually defeats FN-2199 in melee combat and a possible reason for him losing in TFA is that he isn't really familiar with a lightsaber, something which he should be by the time Kylo Ren defeats him. Also, both the novelization and junior novelization note that Kylo was toying with Finn until he decides to end things, something he does in a couple blows while extremely hindered.

queeq
Plus... Finn was holding a completely unknown weapon for the first time. Like shooting a gun for the first time, your shot will be crap. But when you know what's coming, there's immediate improvement.

That said, to me Finn didn't look to have a chance against Kylo. He hit him, yes, but other than that he was no match at all for Kylo.

Lord Lucien
They weren't Graceful at all, they it looked (as Luminara would say) unrefined, amatuerish, and sloppy.

To me, that just... isn't entertaining :/ I don't know why they need to be graceful. Especially since a lack of grace fits in with Kylo's typical rage and brutality, and Rey's expected lack of finesse and experience. Graceful swordplay from either of them in that movie would have felt out of character and contrived, respectively.

queeq
Plus... it's a FIGHT... not a ballet!

Jmanghan
I dunno. The Rey-Kylo fight LOOKED like a fight. Not like a ballet where nothing seemed to be at stake, since everyone looked so careless about it. Maybe with the OB1/Ani fight as an exception, but that one was so tediously long with overused CGI stuff, that it completely missed the mark.

The Rey-Kylo fight was a FIGHT... rough, crude... something was at stake and... it looked real. It rather it have been over-the-top and cool like most saber fights, instead of two people just blindly swinging at one another. It was boring.

Who cares whats at stake, bring in the acrobatic and bad-ass stunts, thats the only reason I enjoyex the prequels.

I liked all the lightsaber fights in the prequels more then any fight in ANH, ESB, RoTJ, or TFA.

Lord Lucien
Who cares whats at stake, bring in the acrobatic and bad-ass stunts, thats the only reason I enjoyex the prequels. I don't like the first part of your sentence, but I'm really glad you said that at the end.

Jmanghan
I don't like the first part of your sentence, but I'm really glad you said that at the end. Enjoyed.

I like emotion in some of my fights, but for me, the swordplay usually outweighs the heightened emotions of the fight.

Look at Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul, great fight.

Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

The fight between Anakin and Dooku in AOTC was awesome.

The fight between Luke and Vader in RoTJ is the only one I really, really like.

But to me, none of those can hold a candle to the fights shown in TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.

To me, Rey vs Kylo Ren just felt like Ben Kenobi vs Vader all over again, slow and boring.

Lord Lucien
Well... can't say I feel even slightly the same. This clip is the perfect summation, IMO, about the lightsaber fights in Star Wars, especially around the 1:55 mark.

3atu9ezZuQk

queeq
Yup, guess there's two different kind of movie lovers: those that just adore the eye candy and flashy stuff, that dazzles before your eyes (like a child in a fun fair) and those that can appreciate story and content. I'm afraid I belong to the latter.

Lord Lucien
3tYPzSGVHOc

queeq
Hehehe

quanchi112
There is no right or wrong answer here despite the passion but I do hope the skill improves in the sequel.

queeq
It probably will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.