ITT post the best movie openings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Vt_tv7t79WY

aVUDdQS2UxA

iSDU2tu7rpk

uLOMdddg11A
E_VqNEoqC5E&index=2&list=PLAOS8mLMuqqPw5EGn7LkcGydIuzQD0tcl

I'd say Watchmen has top spot for me. Tells a story in itself and its absolutely beautiful. The Spider-man 2 opening gives be goosebumps every time I see it, so it's a shame Spidey hasn't hit the same heights since. He deserves it more than any Marvel super hero IMO. Xmen 2 was awesome too, not only for the amazing Nightcrawler Opening but the characteristic credits open starting with Xaviers monologue. Still the best X-men movie to this day.

One Big Mob
Does the Usual Suspects lineup scene still count as the opener?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Does the Usual Suspects lineup scene still count as the opener? If its at least in the ballpark of the opening and is for set up, go for it thumb up

Inhuman
J9neFAM4uZM

Arachnid1
Bane had an awesome intro that rivals Jokers bank heist intro. Dude pulled off his plan without a hitch, and established himself as a leader his followers would die for without a second thought. Good pick thumb up

ares834
Off the top of my head:

Inglourious Basterds
Raiders of the Lost Arc
The Dark Knight

quanchi112
Star Trek 2009.

Arachnid1
Star Trek also had a great opening. Really similar to Man of Steels (which was possibly the best part of the entire movie). Fathers dieing to set up the villain and the main hero of the story.

Also agreed with Inglorious Basterds. The Jew Hunter was phucking awesome

Ascendancy
Heat
The Way of the Gun
Equilibrium

jaden101
qwj2Y0OsjbQ

iZQyWyy4dDE

VHn1zogeyO4

Kazenji
OfWRfqbCrZU

CPT Space Bomb
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Gandalf battling the Balrog as they both spiral downward.

Inhuman
TDKR opening is a meme BTW

Here are my serious answers. Besides some good ones already posted.

Guardians of the galaxy
The lion king
Most James bond movies
The matrix
Good fellas
Jurassic park
Toy story 2 & 3
The good the bad and the ugly
Up

Surtur
Dude did you use a Uwe Boll movie? Shame on you. Why did you have to remind me he exists? Oh shit now I just had flashbacks to the Bloodrayne movie. Oh shit Meatloaf was a f*cking vampire.

Firefly218
Definitely Inglorious Bastards but my personal favorite is Serenity with the Operative.

If we're going classic here the Rosebud scene in Citizen Kane is iconic.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
Definitely Inglorious Bastards but my personal favorite is Serenity with the Operative.

If we're going classic here the Rosebud scene in Citizen Kane is iconic.

Maybe I'm weird because everyone goes on about how good Citizen Kane is and..I just didn't like it.

Firefly218
Forgot about Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade, both awesome.

Surtur
The first Star Wars movie..seeing that big star destroyer come on screen..it's epic.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
Maybe I'm weird because everyone goes on about how good Citizen Kane is and..I just didn't like it. It's less of a story then it is a didactic piece espousing Orson Welle's agenda and personal feelings. But it's probably the most perfectly made movie in cinematic history if you really analyze what every subtle touch means.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Maybe I'm weird because everyone goes on about how good Citizen Kane is and..I just didn't like it. Citizen Kane is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.