Greatest Force Feats in the Mythos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Either Legends or Canon, not including entities or artifacts

My nominees:

Palpatine's Force storms destroying feats, ravaging planets, teleporting people via hyperspace wormholes, threatening to "consume all of space" (the last part is so absurd that I just ignore it, sophistry aside)

Luke Skywalker and Kyp Durron's dorvin bassal manipulation

Luke Skywalker's "black hole at the center of the galaxy can't move me"

Palpatine and Plagueis wrestling with the Force, winning, and knocking it out of balance

Vitiate's destruction of Ziost

Nihilus eating planets / gigadrain

Honorable mentions:

Luke Skywalker fooling Caedus with an imaginary fleet

Luke Skywalker ****ing with Caedus with projections of himself

Luke Skywalker taking on an army of Vong

Luke Skywalker tearing apart and rebuilding Vader's fortress

Luke Skywalker creating a lifelike copy of the Millennium Falcon

Palpatine musing about being able to destroy the Imperial Palace

Palpatine mind controlling Byss

Palpatine mindwiping a significant portion of Coruscant's populace

Palpatine shrouding the Force with the dark side

Revan resisting Vitiate + Dread Masters for three centuries

Starkiller redirecting a falling star destroyer

Nihilus pulling the Ravager out of Machalor

Kyp Durron pulling the Sun Crusher out of Yavin

Vitiate and Nathema

Vitiate destroying a Temple

UnuThul bending turbolaser bolts

Bane deflecting raindrops

Bane destroying the Lehon Temple

Revan putting Galactic Basic into Ratakan natives and tearing out their native tongue

The Dread Masters driving fleet crews insane

Jadus holding a dreadnought together with the Force

The Thought Bomb

FreshestSlice
God, the EU was, and is, disgusting as ****.

The Ellimist
Luke Skywalker was really inconsistent throughout LotF, but some of his feats in that series, particularly those in Invincible were kind of fantastical and never clearly explained. In Inferno he does that pin-Caedus-to-his-chair thing, but the weirder part is that he was never actually there in the first place, as if he used some sort of Force projection. By Invincible he's developed his foresight to the point where he was able to exactly predict the outcome of particular missions, such as his son's capture, and hypothetical outcomes like him fighting Jacen, and then jams his nehew's own visions, somehow.

The weirdest thing is what he does during Jaina's first encounter with Caedus. Luke amps her, but makes it look to Caedus that she's actually Luke. Then he makes Jacen think that he's actually there on the planet when he was actually on a distant ship, to the point where Jacen orders his stormtroopers to ignore Jaina and just fire on Luke. WTF was going on? Was Luke actually in two places at once, or did he just fool Caedus into thinking as much? The odd look that the stormtroopers gave when Jacen ordered them to fire seems to suggest the latter, but it still makes Luke kinda scary. That he flings a shuttle at a battalion of soldiers with a glance is like the least impressive thing he does in the final book.

Mind you, this is all being done to mess with one of the most powerful sith lords in history, who is canonically more powerful than Darth Vader. It sort of makes it unbelievable that Jacen was able to do so well against him in their duel. Caedus may be near Luke's level in sabers, but in the Force the gulf is so wide it's insane.

NewGuy01
I think Starkiller blowing a frigate into a billion pieces while shielding himself from the heat of a star and the impact of countless thermal detonators in TFUII is better than his TFU1 Star Destroyer feat.

Trocity
Originally posted by The Ellimist
In Inferno he does that pin-Caedus-to-his-chair thing, but the weirder part is that he was never actually there in the first place, as if he used some sort of Force projection.

Luke actually was there in that instance. The projection feat was when Jacen tried to get Luke to commit the StealthX unit to the battle of Kuat but Luke found out about the whole Omas/Ben thing and withdrew.

He was there talking to Jacen one minute and then getting into his StealthX and dipping the next.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think Starkiller blowing a frigate into a billion pieces while shielding himself from the heat of a star and the impact of countless thermal detonators in TFUII is better than his TFU1 Star Destroyer feat.
Yes, although I personally think the star destroyer feat is better than some give it credit for

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
God, the EU was, and is, disgusting as ****.

I agree that mainly the EU is a piece of shit, but I don't mind the massive feats tbh. Unless they're too ridiculous (like the 'consume all space' one), I'm OK with them. I like that there are extremely powerful characters in the SW universe.

Nephthys

TBF, it was only the surface of the sun. Which isn't actually that hot compared to a lot of things iirc.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Nephthys
TBF, it was only the surface of the sun. Which isn't actually that hot compared to a lot of things iirc.
That's true but if you wanna go have a dander at the surface of the sun be my guest

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I agree that mainly the EU is a piece of shit, but I don't mind the massive feats tbh. Unless they're too ridiculous (like the 'consume all space' one), I'm OK with them. I like that there are extremely powerful characters in the SW universe.
They then get pushed by muggles. No, no, it's pretty dumb.

Beniboybling
I think Starkiller blowing a frigate into a billion pieces while shielding himself from the heat of a star and the impact of countless thermal detonators in TFUII is better than his TFU1 Star Destroyer feat. https://google.com/search?hl=en&q=hyperbole%20define

smile

Fated Xtasy
I think one of the best feats belongs to Jerec destroying that structure on Ruusan with a blast of power

hutchy1345
Bane's raindrop feat is insane

JKBart
* Bane killing things without Force nexuses
* Luke effortlessly paralyzing Caedus with the Force
* Revan slaughtering Korriban Sith Academy

The Ellimist
Originally posted by JKBart
* Bane killing things without Force nexuses

Especially the time he managed to win against those mercenaries, albeit barely.

ILS
Bane manipulating couches and knocking over tents

Sinious
Darth Zash managing to stay relatively hot via impressive Sith GILF sorcery.

FreshestSlice
thumb up

Damn, never want to see that morning face again.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Sinious
Darth Zash managing to stay relatively hot via impressive Sith GILF sorcery.

lel, one of the feats in the mythos tbh.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://google.com/search?hl=en&q=hyperbole%20define

smile

Re-entry is pretty fvcking hot, dude. I don't doubt that Starkiller was shielding himself from several thousand degrees.

Emperordmb
Yeah Starkiller shielding himself from atmospheric reentry is a rather insane force feat.

Syndicate
Sidious creating force storms and being able to take apart the Imperial Palace.

Vallkorian destroying all life on multiple planets, giving non force users the ability to use the Force, having lightning that can down large transports and mind wiping an entire space station.

Galen guiding down a star destroyer and some of his other high end feats.

Starkiller guiding down a capital ship and keeping it together upon reentry.

Nihilus destroying all life on multiple planets and ripping a dreadnought out of a gravity well and guiding and holding it together with the Force.

Yoda destroying two large droid transports by guiding them into each other.

The existence of the Ones, the Bedlam Spirits, Abeloth and other various entities.

Nephthys
Tulak Hord ripping a capital ship out of the sky.

hutchy1345
Just imagine anakin's feats if he didn't get burnt on mustafar, instead of destroying that at-at he could've just erased it from existence etc etc

hutchy1345
But I think Sidious' force storms, valks ziost feat and luke in general are the best

Sinious
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
lel, one of the feats in the mythos tbh. Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Damn, never want to see that morning face again. agreed tbh

S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion, Darth Nihilus, Palpatine (Dark Empire) and Abeloth have most impressive showings among all.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Trocity
Luke actually was there in that instance. The projection feat was when Jacen tried to get Luke to commit the StealthX unit to the battle of Kuat but Luke found out about the whole Omas/Ben thing and withdrew.

He was there talking to Jacen one minute and then getting into his StealthX and dipping the next.

True.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Tulak Hord ripping a capital ship out of the sky.

Too vague IMO. He was pulling a ship down, which would already happen naturally anyway. We've no idea how much he played a role in it and whether the ship was resisting, etc.

-----

Not including ritual-amps or Son/Daughter tier characters, and avoiding too many power-scaling based feats:

Telekinesis: it's potentially Luke's dorvin basil feat depending on how these singularities work. After that, if we take Palpatine's musing that he could destroy the imperial palace with a thought seriously, it would be that, followed by Nihilus's extracting of the Ravager and Luke's destruction of Vader's fortress. The most impressive anti-TK feat is obviously Luke's "haha nothing can move me, not even the black hole at the center of the galaxy" feat.

Foresight: probably Tenebrous's, but he apparently achieves this via "calculations" (wtf). Using only the Force, Luke (in LotF Invincible), Sidious and Yoda have the most explicit and comprehensive visions. Luke's ability to jam Caedus's is particularly impressive.

Illusions: Luke making Caedus see a fleet of ships, cloaking a capital ship, and creating lifelike copies of the Millennium Falcon IMHO.

Raw power: clearly Palpatine's Force storms, followed by Vitiate and Nihilus's planetary scale destruction.

Combat augmentation: Luke's description in TUF and his amping of Jaina, Vitiate's amping of his imperial guards, Yoda in general, Windu in OCW if you count that

Telepathy: pretty much everything Vitiate does, Sidious's control of Byss and domination of DE Luke, the Dread Masters dominating armies, Revan's resisting Vitiate + Dread Masters for three centuries, Luke musing that he could dominate an entire ship's crew if he wanted to, Luke's simultaneous call to every Jedi in the galaxy

Misc: Plagueis and Sidious's unbalance-the-Force feat as well as their shrouding the dark side, Sion keeping himself alive via the Force, Maul surviving getting cut in two, Jadus's teleportation, Nihilus's gigadrain, etc.

The_Tempest
Not sure if you're disqualifying feats based on the presence of a nexus, but Nihilus was on Malachor when he TK'd the Ravager.

The Ellimist
True.

NewGuy01
thumb up It's impressive either way, but a far cry from being a contender as the best in the mythos with so little information.

Hm, it is telling that only Kyp and Luke have been able to do it.

Hm, that was aided by the incredibly powerful dark nexus of Malachor, though. Dooku also flipped a cruiser while simultaneously moving other ships on Korriban, a lesser nexus.

Hm, solid pick.

Andeddu and Wyyrlok's mental battle was also pretty impressive, as were Yoda's manipulations of the Rebels/Inquisitors in Rebels S2.

Not long after RotS, Sidious also erased the memories of some construction site from millions of civilians on Coruscant.

thumb up Krayt also did this. Another honorable mention is Sarasu Taalon being able to penetrate FOTJ Luke's mental defenses. Hell, Nyax and UnuThul are also mentionable in that regard.

thumb up tbh

The_Tempest
Besides which, I've always found claims about Nihilus's TK to be a bit suspect. He's allegedly the only thing keeping the Ravager together but the ship's structural integrity endures even after he dies and succumbs only to explosive sabotage. And that vaunted TK didn't enable him to snap Canderous Ordo's neck...

NewGuy01
And for him to move from planet to planet, he'd have to be moving his ship at lightspeed.

Emperordmb
As far as telepathic calls to an entire order, Kaan summoned all 20000 lords in the brotherhood to Ruusan from across the galaxy with some mental manipulation mixed in.

The_Tempest
Jesus H. Christ man, no one cares. Kaan you dig it?

@sas true dat

Emperordmb
Taalon's power alone with no ritual or help shifting the balance of the force towards the dark side is pretty damn insane as well.

The_Tempest
Big citation needed on that one.

FOTJ was so bad I remember very little of ze details.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Big citation needed on that one.

FOTJ was so bad I remember very little of ze details.

It's true. I'm on mobile right now though, so I'm not inclined to lag my way through DMB's blog to find the quote.

The_Tempest
DMB, I command you to provide the excerpt.

dewit

Emperordmb

The Ellimist
^ didn't Palpatine sort of do that, in that his death restored balance to the Force?

The_Tempest
Might well be an omen of Abeloth's machinations more than a literal reflection of Taalon's abilities....

But(!) I haven't read the book in ages. Maybe I'll find the wherewithal to thumb through it later.

Emperordmb
Well the point was that it was a result of Taalon's transformation, which Abeloth wasn't involved with at that point.

The_Tempest
Like I said, it's been ages since I've read it. I'll have to dig deeper when I can access the book.

Speaking of your questionable taste in SW, I can assume you loved FOTJ?

The Ellimist
Besides which, I've always found claims about Nihilus's TK to be a bit suspect. He's allegedly the only thing keeping the Ravager together but the ship's structural integrity endures even after he dies and succumbs only to explosive sabotage. And that vaunted TK didn't enable him to snap Canderous Ordo's neck...

Have any sources beyond Traya corroborated the feat? Given that she's a pathological liar...

Hm, it is telling that only Kyp and Luke have been able to do it.

If they operate as actual singularities massive enough to suck in torpedos that can easily escape gravity wells (and have shown 20,000+ g accelerations before), we're talking about a Jupiter-moving feat at the minimum. But then again, if they were that massive, how the f*ck are random Vong creatures able to move them, how can they sit on top of planets and not wreck havoc, etc.

Do you have a source for Dooku? And yeah it was on a nexus.

I was trying to use stuff in Legends, but yeah, I considered putting the latter in. From what I recall of the former fight nothing in it was particularly awe inspiring; it just looked fancy. Not on the level of Luke creating lifelike copies of the Falcon or fooling Caedus, a ship crew and even its computers and sensors into seeing a fleet.

True. Darth Revan also ripped out a whole language from the memories Ratakan natives, although I think there were only a few hundred of them.

Indeed, Nyax/UnuThul/Taalon are the random haxxed characters post-Sidious.

The power of fandom is too powerful to resist.

Fated Xtasy
Like I said, it's been ages since I've read it. I'll have to dig deeper when I can access the book.

LOL damn Temp, you don't let up.

The_Tempest
IIRC references are made to Nihilus holding the ship together or some such. Though, depending on the phrasing, it may not refer to the physically literal and instead refer to his psychic influence on the crew and shit.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
LOL damn Temp, you don't let up.

FOTJ sucks so damn bad. So bad. Not opposed to the idea of Abeloth but if you wanna talk about the most ineffective baddie this side of Vitiate, look no further than that tentacled loser.

The Ellimist
I was infatuated with LotF and FotJ. They weren't necessarily literary classics, but I was young and in love with Star Wars, so hey sue me.

Jadus claimed to do a similar thing. Nihilus clearly wasn't holding it together 'cause, as you mentioned, nothing happened when he died. Traya is basically wrong about everything.

If there's no sourcebook to corroborate him actually TK'ing the Ravager I'd say Traya's word means pretty much nothing and it's 50/50 that he used a tractor beam.

Nephthys
IIRC references are made to Nihilus holding the ship together or some such. Though, depending on the phrasing, it may not refer to the physically literal and instead refer to his psychic influence on the crew and shit.

Canderous says the ship should not be capable of moving or functioning and Tobin replies that Nihilus is holding it together, iirc.

Also lol @ the fact that Luke summoning every Jedi was mentioned as one of the best TP feats but when DMB pointed out that Kaan exceeded that feat we get a "who cares".

Emperordmb

It took too long to actually get the momentum going IMO, but I liked it once it got into the meat of the story.

The_Tempest
I don't understand you... But I have some theories.

Link me to your fanfic.

The Ellimist
FotJ had some really cool ideas like Abeloth and Luke/Ben's exploration of more esoteric Force cultures. I do wish that said Force cultures ended up playing a bigger role in the story; it's almost like they abandoned that part halfway through and went with Abeloth instead.

Emperordmb
The Lost Trine intrigues me quite a bit. There's actually a collected stories of the lost tribe thing or something that is recommend to anyone who hasn't already read it.

Fated Xtasy
I don't understand you... But I have some theories.

Link me to your fanfic.

I'm curious why you want read it.

NewGuy01
To judge DMB's tastes in literature.

Fated Xtasy
@Temp & NewGuy Just think Drew Karpshyn meets the three fotj writers

The_Tempest
Got links?

Fated Xtasy
Got links?

The fanfic section was blocked off due to trolls mentioning his works.

I asked to have it made public so aury could see my old fics and he said nein so lol. I can't.

The_Tempest
What's the name of it?

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
The fanfic section was blocked off due to trolls mentioning his works.

I asked to have it made public so aury could see my old fics and he said nein so lol. I can't.

No wonder. Curse you, DMB. Mongrel.

The_Tempest
Reading some of now and I'm definitely getting major Karpyshyn vibes from this story.

The Ellimist
Does it have eternal torture and/or mind raping? Because if not it isn't Karpyshyn.

Emperordmb
Reading some of now and I'm definitely getting major Karpyshyn vibes from this story.
How did you get ahold of it?

Fated Xtasy
Apparently it's not fully locked away. All I had to Google is "Darth Umbravon"

NewGuy01
Learn 2 admin panel, DMB.

Emperordmb
Oh yeah I unlocked that for someone in the hangout, Syndicate iirc

I completely forgot lol

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
How did you get ahold of it?

I'm amazing like that.

I know you think we ain't nothing but mammals, but I'm a god. excellent

ILS
I just want to get to the part where Intrepid the Hutt gets r*ped to death.

What chapter?

The_Tempest
I'm skimming thru this and, honestly, it's not as bad as I thought.

But it definitely confirmed my theory about DMB and his taste in SW.

Emperordmb
@ILS: I didn't get that far in the story.

@Tempest: well that's kinda a compliment so I'll take it.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
@Tempest: well that's kinda a compliment so I'll take it.

"Taking It" could very well be the title of your KMC autobiography.

Yeah, it's seriously not that bad. You've got a lot of innate talent as a writer that will probably refine itself as you age.

But your interest in superficial fiction is clearly dominant. Your character is equally clearly an author avatar and, I suspect, a Gary Stu. You seem to be more preoccupied with your character's power than his personality. Lots of interesting psychoanalysis to be done.

I'm hoping to see many chapters where youhe gets his ass kicked and is outsmarted.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS
I just want to get to the part where Intrepid the Hutt gets r*ped to death.

What chapter?

iirc that's only in the old version at TOF. Which was much more... Interesting.

For now I have others to subjugate and bend to my will, Malvot thought as she walked into the forests of Felucia, but mark my words Carthage, one day, I won’t just kill you, I will make you beg for death!

The_Tempest
I'm thinking about a thread dedicated to a read through of this. mmm

Emperordmb
EDIT: Just found Carthage's death scene.
What? I never wrote that scene. Just talked about my plans for it.

The_Tempest
I take it your character is the one Mongooku has prophesied as the most powerful Sith to ever touch the Force? mmm

Emperordmb
I take it your character is the one Mongooku has prophesied as the most powerful Sith to ever touch the Force? mmm
Nah that's the main Jedi dude. There's like two separate prophecies

The_Tempest
A simple no would have sufficed, ya prick. uhuh

ILS
an hero forum

Fated Xtasy
A simple no would have sufficed, ya prick. uhuh

LOL nah. His is main character has... shall we say, more copious amounts of wank.

The Ellimist
Back on topic kids.

Let's talk about how Vitiate can overwhelm teams of fodder.

Emperordmb
Kinda funny coming from the guy who showered with his mom until he was 16 and plans to buy a dog so he can rape it tbh

Emperordmb
^That was in reference to Intrepid and not Ellimist btw^

The Ellimist
Do you seriously think Intrepid actually is like that?

carthage
Lmao no he isn't

Deronn_solo
Can't believe DMB takes anything Jack says at face-value.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Lmao no he isn't tbh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.