Are Solo Superhero Films a Thing of the Past?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
With movies like BvS, Civil War and most recently announced appearance of MCU characters in the new Spider-Man reboot makes me wonder if true solo superhero films are a thing of the past.

Almost seems that at least one or more heroes show up in another heroes films anymore.

tkitna
Dr. Strange

juggernaut74
Originally posted by tkitna
Dr. Strange Well we don't know for sure yet.

quanchi112
No.

juggernaut74
I hear Hulk is going to be in the next Thor movie also.

And Batman in the Wonder Woman movie.

Khazra Reborn
Team ups will probably be a lot more common, but origin stories will always be solo affairs.

Darth Thor
Looks like they might be. Marvel's making less solo and more duo and ensemble movies, and DC playing catch up never really made many solo films in the first place, and are just jumping right in to Ensemble films.

quanchi112
I guess Dr. Strange and Balck Panther don't count. Marvel has given most of their heroes origin stories and the beauty of the cinematic universe is having the characters interact. You people in your absolutist threads ignoring the truth which usually lies in the middle.

Firefly218
There aren't any solo superhero franchises anymore since the shared universe

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
There aren't any solo superhero franchises anymore since the shared universe So you don't understand the premise of the thread, moranis.

CPT Space Bomb
There aren't any solo superhero franchises anymore since the shared universe That's not what he's asking.

But in answer to the question, I don't think so. We're still going to have our Batman movies and Spider-man movies. With the MCU, the lines become a lot more blurred as there will most likely at least be cameos of other heros or heroic characters....but Ant-Man for instance; that film was pretty confined within itself....even if he did fight Falcon.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I hear Hulk is going to be in the next Thor movie also.

And Batman in the Wonder Woman movie.

bruce isn't that old lol

but I thought it was supposed to be Superman in Wonder Woman's film

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you don't understand the premise of the thread, moranis. Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
That's not what he's asking.

But in answer to the question, I don't think so. We're still going to have our Batman movies and Spider-man movies. With the MCU, the lines become a lot more blurred as there will most likely at least be cameos of other heros or heroic characters....but Ant-Man for instance; that film was pretty confined within itself....even if he did fight Falcon.
Yes I know I was just making a different point excuse me

We'll always have the movies with only a solo character and their own confined plot. I'm saying we won't have it like in the Raimi Spidermans, where it's a universe with only one superhero. Superheroes just aren't special anymore when they're on the Avengers or in the Justice League.

marwash22
Originally posted by juggernaut74
With movies like BvS, Civil War and most recently announced appearance of MCU characters in the new Spider-Man reboot makes me wonder if true solo superhero films are a thing of the past.

Almost seems that at least one or more heroes show up in another heroes films anymore. Superheroes live in a world populated by villains... and other heroes. Other heroes pop up in the solo comic series of a hero all the time. Superheroes, in a sense, are coworkers, their paths cross all the time.

what's your gripe?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Looks like they might be. Marvel's making less solo and more duo and ensemble movies, and DC playing catch up never really made many solo films in the first place, and are just jumping right in to Ensemble films.
Not copying Marvel huh? Keep telling yourself that WB.

Just knowing that WW's film may not really be solo already pisses me off.

Flyattractor
Its kind of a reversal of how in the old Solo Hero movies they had to toss in more then 1 villain for them to fight.

Igniz
Usually, origin stories are often the Superhero solo movies.

quanchi112
Yes I know I was just making a different point excuse me

We'll always have the movies with only a solo character and their own confined plot. I'm saying we won't have it like in the Raimi Spidermans, where it's a universe with only one superhero. Superheroes just aren't special anymore when they're on the Avengers or in the Justice League. Well then go watch the older films. Marvel made the combined cinematic universe a thing. DC copied. They are shit these days.

Impediment
Steven Spielberg stated that superhero movies have, at best, 20 years left before they die out.

Dude's just jealous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.