CNN's The 60's, The 70's, and The 80's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
One of the few things on CNN I have enjoyed, these are 3 different shows..each dedicated to a different decade. So you could look at the 60's as the first season, the 70's as the 2nd, and the 80's just started up a week ago so that is the third season. Each season has like 8-12 episodes about various subjects that were important in these decades.

I enjoy them, and it doesn't surprise me because I found out Tom Hanks is a producer on these shows(and even comments on some stuff too) and I think he always does great things when it comes to covering history. But when I say this is a show it's more a documentary..it's not some kind of fictional tv show taking place during these decades.

Anyone watch these? Since the latest season about the 1980's just began both the 60's and 70's are up right now on netflix. I always enjoy history documentaries, and this has interviews with news reporters, etc. that were alive back then and witnessed some of the big events first hand so they have an interesting perspective on certain things.

Dreampanther
Sounds interesting. Since it's CNN I assume it's predominantly a Western perspective of events?

Surtur
Yep, it focuses mostly on that stuff and has a lot of interviews with the news people of the time(there is a lot of Dan Rather, for instance). When I say that I don't mean it just shows past clips of Dan Rather, but it also has Dan Rather specifically commenting on things for the show.

Though in the 70s there is an episode about terrorism, both here and abroad. Specifically it talks a lot about the 1972 Olympics in Munich where contestants were kidnapped and murdered.

I'd say the series about the 60's focuses 100% on America, while the 70's has a few things that weren't strictly in America that it focuses on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.