How powerful is Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
I ran across a source stating he studied the Dark Holocron extensively, and this small holocron was able to make "the Darkest power in the galaxy" stronger(that being Exar Kun)

So with this and his impressive list of accolades.

Just how powerful is he?

The Ellimist
Assuming Legends:

As a duelist - sixth or seventh best in the mythos after Luke/Sidious/Yoda/Caedus/Windu, depending on whether you put him above Anakin. I could understand why Krayt could be above him as well. I do think that there's a pretty big gap between Caedus and (base) Windu given how Stover characterizes Windu's fight against Palpatine, and then a really small or non-existent one between Windu and Dooku (they were considered equals in Dark Rendevous, but Windu is younger than Dooku and may not have hit his prime).

As a Force wielder - around Malgus/Satele level.

Aurbere
Thing about Dooku is that we never see him exercise the power he should have to its fullest extent. That is to say he doesn't unleash the same destructive power that logically weaker individuals do. And since people take flash over substance, you'll rarely see people mark him where he logically should be.

He's in that tier with the likes of Bane and Malgus, I'd say.

The Ellimist
He has some pretty impressive telekinesis and lightning feats in TCW, although they probably don't match the ones we see in TOR - he never really gets into such situations. Dooku's saber prowess does put some sort of lower limit on his strength in the Force - there's simply no way he could've been so formidable below a certain level, regardless of how technically skilled he was. In the RotS novelization, we know that he can replenish himself from fatigue within seconds, and, of course, we know that he can ragdoll Obi Wan pretty easily.

I guess you could make the argument, then, that he's above Vader, given that Vader fails to ragdoll enemies weaker than Obi Wan.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Aurbere
People take flash over substance, you'll rarely see people mark him where he logically should be.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/o-rly-really-you-dont-say/o-rly003.gif

Emperordmb
Between Maul and Vader tbh

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Aurbere
Thing about Dooku is that we never see him exercise the power he should have to its fullest extent. That is to say he doesn't unleash the same destructive power that logically weaker individuals do. And since people take flash over substance, you'll rarely see people mark him where he logically should be.

He's in that tier with the likes of Bane and Malgus, I'd say.

You and I are gonna have a talk about that tbh D:<

@ The Ellimist, do I know you? There's something about your style that I find familiar :mmm:

JKBart
Thing with Dooku is, he is a greater duelist than a combatant. I don't see Dooku replicating battlefield feats of Revan or Obi-Wan, but at the same time I see him beating them in a 1v1 duel.

That makes it pretty hard to gauge him, to be honest.

FreshestSlice
How the **** is Dooku going to beat Revan?

JKBart
In a sabers only fuggot

Sinious
I think he means sabers only (I hope)

Edit: yep smile

Emperordmb
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How the **** is Dooku going to beat Revan?
An Dark Holocron smile

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by JKBart
In a sabers only fuggot
Don't even act like that's what duel implies, Polefag.

NewGuy01
Uh, he's the most gifted Jedi that the Jedi Order had produced in centuries during their golden age. He trained directly under the most powerful Jedi and Sith in history respectively. He's repeatedly went head to head with the greatest of the Jedi Order's heroes and came out on top fairly consistently until the very end.

Obviously he's powerful. The Dark Holocron doesn't change much of anything in that regard.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, he's the most gifted Jedi that the Jedi Order had produced in centuries during their golden age. He trained directly under the most powerful Jedi and Sith in history respectively. He's repeatedly went head to head with the greatest of the Jedi Order's heroes and came out on top fairly consistently until the very end.

Obviously he's powerful. The Dark Holocron doesn't change much of anything in that regard.

thumb up

hutchy1345
Would've been interesting to see how powerful he could've been if he was trained by sidious from the start
I know dooku's older but still

|King Joker|
Better than Maul, below Vader. Maybe somewhere around Malgus.

Darth Abonis
In new canon, top 10

cs_zoltan
In new canon there're like 10 non-fodder force users.

carthage
Greater than Bane

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You and I are gonna have a talk about that tbh D:<

I assure you that whatever you're thinking is wrong. But sure. We'll talk about it.

Syndicate
Greatest duelist in galactic history. Solidly powerful in the Force to the point where he wouldn't be ragdolled by the higher tiers and physically able to handle all but the Anakin/Vader tier in strength though he does have a disadvantage against opponents like Bane/Malgus and others. Unfortunately his Makashi also having a form weakness to Djem So compounds this effect which is generally why he's placed lower then the Vader/Krayt/Malgus range in my book.

ILS
Originally posted by Syndicate
Greatest duelist in galactic history. Solidly powerful in the Force to the point where he wouldn't be ragdolled by the higher tiers and physically able to handle all but the Anakin/Vader tier in strength though he does have a disadvantage against opponents like Bane/Malgus and others. Unfortunately his Makashi also having a form weakness to Djem So compounds this effect which is generally why he's placed lower then the Vader/Krayt/Malgus range in my book. cancer as ****

Syndicate
:3

Sinious
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Better than Maul, below Vader. Maybe somewhere around Malgus.

Beniboybling
Beneath Bane. smile

FreshestSlice
Killyourselfbeni

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/cMwFEyF.png

Kneel before him. smile

FreshestSlice
That's one of the most faggotistic things I have ever seen ngl.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That face induced 10/10 quality fears smilesmile

Kurk
Dooku seems to be just really refined in his use of the force as opposed to being an all out powerhouse like Satele or Malgus. I'd put him somewhere in the Windu range; practice makes perfect.

Dueling wise in a 1 vs 1 Dooku makes the top 10 in my books. Makashi coupled with his age just really makes him impractical on the battlefield however.

I personally believe Dooku's strongest asset is his brain and gifted ability to manipulate and form strategic plans.

Kurk
up (cuz you know I be wanking wink )

Freedon Nadd
Saruman level.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Dracula level.

Freedon Nadd
In that case he knows Life-Drain.

MythLord
Christopher Lee level.

The Ellimist
Revan Reborn level. smile

MythLord
y u lowball

The Ellimist
mmm

If we're comparing him to ancient characters, he has to be above beginning of novel Revan due to TPM Mace > Revan scaling but is realistically below novel Vitiate. I split the difference I guess.

Haschwalth
Dat Highball

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by The Ellimist
mmm

If we're comparing him to ancient characters, he has to be above beginning of novel Revan due to TPM Mace > Revan scaling
That was before Dooku got a massive power boost from turning to the darkside:

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
That was before Dooku got a massive power boost from turning to the darkside:

Yeah, hence why I think he's above. I think that's a fair case for putting Dooku even higher but YMMV.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yeah, hence why I think he's above. I think that's a fair case for putting Dooku even higher but YMMV.
I recall there being a debate regarding whether fact files apply to characters after their publishing. Ant pm'd an author, and then Nova and co, so they claim, shut it down.

Let me see if I can find the thread. I don't think a consensus was really reached there.

Freedon Nadd
Lmao. Dooku turning to the dark side doesn't increase his own power. He just means that he can fully utilize his power, unrestrained by the Jedi morals.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Lmao. Dooku turning to the dark side doesn't increase his own power. He just means that he can fully utilize his power, unrestrained by the Jedi morals.
"Powerful you have become Dooku. The Dark side I sense in you."

Freedon Nadd
He becomes powerful in the dark side. That means he increased his dark side knowledge and mastery. Yada, yads, yada.

CannibalCupcake
underrated tbh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.