Passengers (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
No trailer yet, but it's an upcoming sci-fi flick with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt written by Jon Spaihts (of Prometheus fame). I really like the cast, which also includes Laurence Fishburne and Michael Sheen. Has a bit of a Pandorum vibe...

Ascendancy
Pandorum was pretty gewd. Event Horizon was pretty gewd. Keep said vibes and I'm there.

Adam Grimes
thumb up

Patient_Leech
Finally a trailer for this...

7BWWWQzTpNU

BruceSkywalker
will be seing

marwash22
Patient Leech wants us to know he started this thread first.

mission accomplished.

Robtard
Looks very good

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
Patient Leech wants us to know he started this thread first.

mission accomplished.
Yup, I'm super cool because sometimes I get interested in movies before trailers get released. Movies that aren't based on comicbooks, that is.

Originally posted by Robtard
Looks very good

Do you get sort of a Tom Cruise Oblivion vibe from the designs? I guess I'm so used to grungier sci-fi like Alien and whatnot. This ship looks like some sort of space cruise ship, very luxurious and pristine.

marwash22
reminded me of 'Pandorum'

Jmanghan
I can never win can I!!!!!

Patient_Leech only ever logs on to post movies.

Esau Cairn
10 bucks says they battle the bartender droid.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
10 bucks says they battle the bartender droid.

Probably a safe prediction because Michael Sheen has some fighting skills.

0mega Spawn
Chris pratt and Jennifer Lawrence eww two of the worst actors to hit the bigscreen

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Probably a safe prediction because Michael Sheen has some fighting skills.

That bar scene was very creepily like the one in The Shining.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Do you get sort of a Tom Cruise Oblivion vibe from the designs? I guess I'm so used to grungier sci-fi like Alien and whatnot. This ship looks like some sort of space cruise ship, very luxurious and pristine.

Didn't get the Oblivion vibe, just the minor Pandorum one for obvious reasons. But I kind of feel you now, humans possibly being played by an AI. Do like the look of the ship and android Sheen looks promising.

Zack M
Looks ok.

Kazenji
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Chris pratt and Jennifer Lawrence eww two of the worst actors to hit the bigscreen

Yet you claimed you liked xXx: State of the union

different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yet you claimed you liked xXx: State of the union
laughing

Patient_Leech
I'm rather curious to see some reviews for this. I can't find any...

Anyone else seen any?

Robtard
Haven't seen any, but I'm still highly looking forward to this, definitely on my 'theater watch' list.

TheVaultDweller
Every time I see a movie with the "wake up too early" plot, I am reminded of when Fred is screwing around on the ship, in Rocket Man.

Patient_Leech
I saw a scene where she was going swimming and the artificial gravity started failing. Was a pretty tense and creative idea. Here it is...

IOVrvZ3aKt4

Patient_Leech
Some reviews are rolling in now and they aren't overwhelmingly good, but I'm honestly still not sure what to think...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/passengers_2016

Zack M
I heard this was bleh.

Patient_Leech
I'm considering catching a matinee for this soon if I have time... I'm really curious and I don't get to see big Sci-fi like this on the big screen very often.

Firefly218
This movie is bullshit don't waste your money

Kazenji
I was watching a thing on youtube about this movie, How it was one of those Hollywood Blacklist scripts

from what i got from it sounds like they did some changes to the script.

Patient_Leech
Thanks for the heads up...

I was watching a thing on youtube about this movie, How it was one of those Hollywood Blacklist scripts

from what i got from it sounds like they did some changes to the script.

link?

This probably goes into it, but I don't want to read the entire movie...

http://www.slashfilm.com/passengers-ending/

Kazenji
Starts around 3:08 to 3:36

KaRu2pFVJHw

talks about the original script, In the 3rd act of which something happens something of a revelation and when they decided to do the movie they moved "This thing that happens" to the 1st act

and it was a bigger impact in that 3rd act.

Ascendancy
Seeing Pratt actually talk in the previews brought it down a bit for me, but it certainly has possibilities. I've gotta get out and see The Accountant this week before it disappears from theaters, but this is still likely on my list.

Patient_Leech
Starts around 3:08 to 3:36

KaRu2pFVJHw

talks about the original script, In the 3rd act of which something happens something of a revelation and when they decided to do the movie they moved "This thing that happens" to the 1st act

and it was a bigger impact in that 3rd act.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'll hold off on it for a while then. That's a shame, because it sounds like a promising script and it looks great, great effects and ideas.

jaden101
Fantastic looking film. Expected it to be darker. Something more akin to Sunshine by Danny Boyle. It's basically a love story in space.

6/10

Patient_Leech
Just watched this. And what's funny is that I totally forgot that Laurence Fishburne was in it, so that was actually a pleasant surprise, haha.

I actually liked the film pretty well. Don't really understand the hate. Like Jaden said it's an amazing looking film, and it has some charming ideas. It's Pandorum if it were a love story instead of a horror film. I like both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.