DR.STRANGE -Vs- LOKI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Pre.Secret war'15

Dr.Strange

Vs

Cls.Loki

Peace Keeper
Classic Strange beats the **** off loki imho. Loki has a higher base power level, but doc has a higher potential power level.
Its similar to hulk vs abomination.

riv6672
Agreed.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
Classic Strange beats the **** off loki imho. Loki has a higher base power level, but doc has a higher potential power level.
Its similar to hulk vs abomination.

Was loki considered as a potential sorcerer supreme when strange tried relinquishing the title? I remember doom was, brother voodoo etc

Surtur
I think it's possible you might have to be from Earth to become sorcerer supreme. Though he's still a potent magic user.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Surtur
I think it's possible you might have to be from Earth to become sorcerer supreme. Though he's still a potent magic user.

Loki is most powerful wizard in asgard but the Sorcerer Supreme has to be from Earth or specifically human like Surtur mentioned
Loki is naturally more powerful and could go toe to toe with Stephen no problem, he should honestly be a hundred times the spellcaster strange could hope to achieve just based off age.
.The problem with Strange on Battleboards is his villians. The same for Thor and Surfer to a degree. Glory,Tenebrous, Shuma etc. They hurt or beat crazy level abstracts and then they struggle or lose with people like Ultron, who though powerful, is akin to a common street thug compared to Shuma.

Strange 7/10 over Loki in magic battle. Though I feel like Loki should be his teacher.

Loki 10/10 over Strange in h2h only for Round 2 that I just made up.

tkitna
Didnt Loki beat the crap out of Strange (magic wise) in one of his really early appearances? Just saying he's no pushover.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, he did. But the things Strange has beaten solo are pretty much past everybody including Superman, Thanos, etc. Guy beats things Galactus couldnt beat on a somewhat regular schedule

riv6672
Wasnt Rintrah(sp) Strange's disciple at one point? He was pretty non human.

zopzop
Originally posted by tkitna
Didnt Loki beat the crap out of Strange (magic wise) in one of his really early appearances? Just saying he's no pushover.
That was neophyte Strange. Strange didn't go full Sorceror Supreme till Ancient One was killed by Shuma Gorath and Strange inherited his power and title.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Was loki considered as a potential sorcerer supreme when strange tried relinquishing the title? I remember doom was, brother voodoo etc

Spiral was, too.

StiltmanFTW

I believe so.

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Loki is most powerful wizard in asgard but the Sorcerer Supreme has to be from Earth or specifically human like Surtur mentioned
Loki is naturally more powerful and could go toe to toe with Stephen no problem, he should honestly be a hundred times the spellcaster strange could hope to achieve just based off age.
.The problem with Strange on Battleboards is his villians. The same for Thor and Surfer to a degree. Glory,Tenebrous, Shuma etc. They hurt or beat crazy level abstracts and then they struggle or lose with people like Ultron, who though powerful, is akin to a common street thug compared to Shuma.

Strange 7/10 over Loki in magic battle. Though I feel like Loki should be his teacher.

Loki 10/10 over Strange in h2h only for Round 2 that I just made up.
Strange is actually older than loki. Loki is roughly 2000 yrs old, Doc is over 5000. (He fought in vishanti war for 1000s of years).

He used prep to beat Doc while Doc was still an apprentice. Like, doc wasnt even powerful enough to fly yet.

Peace Keeper
To use the cloak to fly**

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Spiral was, too.
Her, Clea, Loki, Rintrah, are all extra dimensional. Interesting.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
Strange is actually older than loki. Loki is roughly 2000 yrs old, Doc is over 5000. (He fought in vishanti war for 1000s of years).

He used prep to beat Doc while Doc was still an apprentice. Like, doc wasnt even powerful enough to fly yet.

Really? I didnt know that at all. Thats pretty cool though. How did you get Loki is 2000 though? Ive always just read thousands every time Loki or Thor is mentioned.

zopzop
Really? I didnt know that at all. Thats pretty cool though. How did you get Loki is 2000 though? Ive always just read thousands every time Loki or Thor is mentioned.
Marvel's chronology is confusing. Some origins of the gods include them springing into being from the bits and pieces of godstuff that Atum seeded the biosphere with. They came to life and took shape based on the ideals of their worshipers. This one actually makes the most sense.
http://s31.postimg.org/by6wf9a7r/main_qimg_8ffa03e5c23a4785f9e0c0e64c881866_conve.jpghttp://s31.postimg.org/rtw71xhpz/1964550_encyclopediamythologica_0004_1.jpg

Then you have other origins that state they are millions/billions of years old (good luck explaining that).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Atum seeded the biosphere

Lol.

My geography teacher from high school times (a genuine b!tch) would literally kill you for this post laughing out loud

leonidas
at his best strange wins and it isn't close.

StiltmanFTW
Strange ain't at his best.

It's pre-Hickman Wars version, not powered by the Vishanti, pussified and just standing here while the rest of the team actually does the fighting.

"Strange, cast some defensive spells ASAP!"

"No. I need to brood and thousand-yard stare into nothingness, sorry."

EcstaticGrace
Agree if Strange is at his Prime, SS, Classic, BP any of those he should win. I'm not sure about current Strange if he's still dealing with the Magic is dying stuff.

houstonsayain
dr strange would win

the Darkone
Loki

Supermex
Originally posted by the Darkone
Loki

Kool

So why do you feel Loki did this?

Just asking cus most here have picked Dr.Strange for the win.

Genii96
Strange is THAT old?

krisblaze
Strange is generally a notch or two above Loki.

They can stalemate telepathically but I don't think anyone doubts Strange's ability to wipe the floor with Loki.

Peace Keeper
The gods were created and odin looked down to earth as Jesus was being born. So 2000 years ago....which is thousands of years.

cdtm
Originally posted by krisblaze

They can stalemate telepathically but I don't think anyone doubts Strange's ability to wipe the floor with Loki.

Strange definately has the edge in upper end feats.

Otoh, Loki can be pretty beastly himself.. Jacked up Thor plenty of times with sorcery, and even gave Strange himself some trouble. Plus he did manage to tank a direct hit from Surtur's Twilight while it was tapping the Cask of Ancient Winters.

But yeah, Strange fends off skyfathers for a living..

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by krisblaze

The bigger telepathy feats are by strange...by like a lot. He can extend his telepathy thru the multiverse and is immune to mental attacks when he had the eye of aggamotto

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by Genii96
Strange is THAT old?
Yas!!
The vishanti forced him to fight for them in another dimension against other skyfathers and abstract beings for 5000 years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.