ANH: Kenobi would've survived his duel with Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/original-star-wars-script-fate-obi-wan-kenobi/story?id=38423497

This is based off of a tweet by Peter Mayhew who played Chewbacca of an original script . Does that mean the battle can be seen as a stalemate? Thoughts?

The Ellimist
I mean it didn't actually happen so I don't think it can be seen as canon. Legends has the Death Star novel describe the fight from the PoV of Vader, who observes that Obi Wan has weakened since RotS and is gradually losing the duel. With only canon sources we can only really see it as a stalemate, heck I think the ANH novel even describes Obi Wan as having the advantage.

Does this mean Obi Wan >= Vader > Sidious?

JKBart
definitely Ben Kenobi > Darth Bane from the look of it

ares834

FreshestSlice
The novel has Obi-Wan barely keeping up, and almost immediately fatigued, so no, this isn't canon, I'd think.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The novel has Obi-Wan barely keeping up, and almost immediately fatigued, so no, this isn't canon, I'd think. Excerpt?

EmperorSidious2
In all honesty, Ben no matter how skilled he was was facing an uphill battle on all fronts. He was much older and spent a good bit of time probably doing nothing while Vader has been chasing down Jedi in both legends and Canon, training Inquisitors, and practicing and developing his force powers.

Vader also had much better physicals in all aspects, and I think a quote by this time placed him as being more powerful than Ben and he would have eventually powered through.

So really I think no matter what he would have fallen since virtually everything was stacked against him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Excerpt?
"Rather roughly, Vader imitated the movement. Several minutes followed
without motion as the two men remained staring at each other, as if waiting for some proper, as yet unspoken signal. Kenobi blinked once, shook his head, and tried to clear his eyes, which had
begun to water slightly. Sweat beaded up on his forehead, and his eyelids fluttered
again.
"You powers are weak," Vader noted emotionlessly. "Old man, you should
never have come back. It will make your end less peaceful than you might have
wished." "
"Once again he lunged forward, feinting, and then slashing in a deadly downward
arc with the saber. It stuck home, cutting the old man cleanly in half."

He's just a tired old man who cries a lot.

SunRazer
He tired quickly, but skilfully, he held his own rather well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.