Spiderman Vs Luke Cage Fist fight to the death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
1. Spiderman cant use his speed
2. Spiderman can use his speed

DarkSaint85
Lol. Cage both times.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol. Cage both times.
Luke definitely wins 1, but dies in 2. Spiderman almost KOed Masterson Thor (he managed to save himself with a massive AoE lightening blast). He KOed Firelord. He KOed Savage Hulk.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
Luke definitely wins 1, but dies in 2. Spiderman almost KOed Masterson Thor (he managed to save himself with a massive AoE lightening blast). He KOed Firelord. He KOed Savage Hulk. all his highest high end showings.

Cage beats this piece of fiddle-faddle into the ground.

TethAdamTheRock
How strong is cage compared to spiderman? I thought they were in the same level

Digi
Originally posted by deathslash
all his highest high end showings.

Yes. But those are all low-to-mid heralds. Cage is decidedly below that, and if we expand the scope of "who has Spidey knocked out?" to include high and mid metas, the list grows quite a bit. It's not unreasonable to say he could put down Cage.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How strong is cage compared to spiderman? I thought they were in the same level

Only if you go by handbooks...

Modern Cage has been wanked like crazy. Marvel wanted to show they're not racist, so they picked the most boring and the blackest character they had. "Bendis, you know what to do".

TethAdamTheRock
Lol

cdtm
all his highest high end showings.

Cage beats this piece of fiddle-faddle into the ground.

Fiddle faddle! laughing out loud

Whatever happened to "Sweet Christmas", Cage? Jessica won't let you say that either?

StiltmanFTW
She lets him have anal sex with her on Xmas. He's yelling that then.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Only if you go by handbooks...

Modern Cage has been wanked like crazy. Marvel wanted to show they're not racist, so they picked the most boring and the blackest character they had. "Bendis, you know what to do".

Unless you're name's Iron Fist. smile

I know how you feel about Remender, but even the allmighty Bendis had Cage Fisted. What's up with that? Is Danny really popular among management, or something?

StiltmanFTW
I don't hate Remender or anything. In fact, he's a very good writer when he wants to be. It's just that he didn't treat writing a T-Bolts issue seriously... he was probably forced to do it, lol. They had no regular creative team during that time, that's why that tbolts team was written poorly and got quickly disbanded.

When Bendis had Cage IFisted again? laughing out loud

cdtm
When he was giant Cage, in New Avengers.

At least I "think" he did that.

deathslash
Originally posted by Digi
Yes. But those are all low-to-mid heralds. Cage is decidedly below that, and if we expand the scope of "who has Spidey knocked out?" to include high and mid metas, the list grows quite a bit. It's not unreasonable to say he could put down Cage. the same can also be said of cage. We've seen him evenly match high metas when he was a 5 tonner and heralds when he was still just a 20 tonner.

Digi
the same can also be said of cage. We've seen him evenly match high metas when he was a 5 tonner and heralds when he was still just a 20 tonner.

No argument there. I was just refuting your post about Spidey's high-end showings lacking enough repetition to support him KOing Cage. If he lets himself get tagged by Cage, it won't take long for him to be in a world of hurt. We all know Pete has a bit of Superman syndrome, where he'll fire off some self-deprecating jokes to go with half-powered attacks, before he gets serious in the rematch and whups the hell out of his opponent. So if we account for that, he gets rocked. But if he's in "f*** this guy" mode from the beginning, Luke wouldn't be able to lay a hand on him.

Obviously in OP's first scenario, sans Spidey's speed, Cage rolls. But that's not where the debate lies in this thread.

DarkSaint85
I was remembering his fight with Proxima, where their punches were felt on seismic scales.

And she wasn't putting him down.

I reckoned Spideys speed in 2 would be a great bonus, but Cages' soak would be enough to tire Spidey out.

Digi
There's a particular limit where a brick can thunderclap enough to disorient Spidey. In a forum setting with PIS off, it's a bit of a dealbreaker. I don't recall Cage doing anything quite on that level, but I'm also not an avid follower of his. Pete's initial encounter with Morlun might be solid evidence that he could hold his own even against the Cage supposedly getting a Bendis handy under the table, and even with getting tagged a few times. Could obviously go either way though, and with the clear upgrades in power level, I'd likely lean Cage. Bloodlusted, though, I really don't see him hitting Spidey for literally hours.

Facee
Speed is power.

DarkSaint85
Cage HAS thunderclappes, once, in recent memory (against Victoria Hand, a normy human). Is that enough to dosorient Spidey? Prob not.

Facee
I think I can recall Cage giving Wonder Man a very good fight h2h

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
When he was giant Cage, in New Avengers.

At least I "think" he did that.

Ah, when he was possessed by Voodoo's brother?

In that form, Cage pwnt Thing, didn't he?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Facee
I think I can recall Cage giving Wonder Man a very good fight h2h

He shouldn't.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He shouldn't.

It happened, unfortunately. Way before Bendis started writing him, even.

During that era, he also briefly fought Prof Hulk, owned Tombstone (who is supposed to have better durability), suitless Rhino and many other feats I do not remember atm.

cdtm
Ah, when he was possessed by Voodoo's brother?

In that form, Cage pwnt Thing, didn't he?

Yeah, I think so. And Danny didn't so much punch Cage as seem to.. Iron toss him, or something. Seemed like he was charging an open palm, and then you see giant Cage go tumbling.

SamZED
If we're using Bendis-powered Cage I grant myself the permission to use high-end Spider-man so... cool Peter recently walked away after falling from orbit and survived being in range of UN's blast. Cage's "thunder clap" won't be any more effective than a sneeze.

StiltmanFTW
Cyclops and Medusa survived being in the range of Black Bolt's screams.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2l6q15.jpg

deathslash

During that era, he also briefly fought Prof Hulk, owned Tombstone (who is supposed to have better durability), suitless Rhino and many other feats I do not remember atm. yeah, he also beat rhino after he got the suit on.

Surtur
Given the consistent levels of strength portrayed by Spider-Man him hurting Thor of all people should just be laughed at. I'm not saying it didn't happen, it's just more or less garbage.

Unless in the next Thor fight we can bring up "dude got harmed by Spider-Man" as a valid thing, then okay. Same with Firelord, if I can bring up him getting beat by Spider-Man as evidence of something..then okay.

StiltmanFTW
Firelord is just a z-lister and a jobber.

Masterson Thor. But Parker did own the real deal, too... mindcontrolled or something, but still.

Surtur
So then we need not really bother with Thor speed debates anymore if he can get owned by Spider-Man.

At least we settled that.

cdtm

During that era, he also briefly fought Prof Hulk, owned Tombstone (who is supposed to have better durability), suitless Rhino and many other feats I do not remember atm.

Cage also traded shots with Iron Man back in his solo series. Looked better then Lord Rand did in the showdown of Irons, tbh.

And Tombstone has better speed, too. Matt couldn't touch him directly, and had to resort to the infamous sledgehammer ambush. Which clearly was Mjolnir, if it could one shot him..

So yeah, Tombstone's a jobber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.