Q Vs Dr. Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://img.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/mike-johnson-brings-in-q-for-star-trek.jpg

Q limited to his comic book showings, versus Dr. Manhattan of Watchmen fame.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--bnzZuiCq--/17wpbm2sgv6jujpg.jpg

Utrigita
How powerful is Q? I've seen people claiming he is reality warper on a Solar System level scale, to others claiming he is a universal level reality warper.

riv6672
Yeah, i've heard similar about the Doc!

beatboks
Q stomps

Manhattan is a big fish and a pond full of guppies. Little more.

riv6672
I've said that very thing a few times. Q is kind of the same but not quite as bad obviously.

ghostman
dr Manhattan apparently has multiversal feats, in his little series. but from what ive seen he just merged timelines or something along those lines. i have no idea about q.

EDIT:here are the feats

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/45351/2787668-before_watchmen_dr_manhattan_003_zone_005.jpg

He changed an event, which fractured the quantum reality, and in each new timeline/reality, other choices were made which further fractured those timelines/realities creating further timelines/realities, so forth and so on. As shown in the book, in one reality he went with Silk and in another he still went with Rorschach -- a fractured quantum reality wherein he is the quantum observer. Each reality is equally real and valid.

He can travel to points in his own timeline and like a time traveler, can change events, but as is shown in the story, when he does so, he messes things up royally:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/45351/2900630-before_watchmen_dr_manhattan_003_zone_002.jpg

im not sure what to make of that, idk if hes a fancy time traveler or a unintentional multiversal powerhouse

Sin I AM
Nothing. Manhattan was extremely limited in what he could accomplish. His time travel was linear and limited to his creation point. He could go no further back. He didn't change reality.

Q on the other hand displayed far more power

ghostman
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nothing. Manhattan was extremely limited in what he could accomplish. His time travel was linear and limited to his creation point. He could go no further back. He didn't change reality.

Q on the other hand displayed far more power

what has q done? not stanning for Manhattan, just geniunly curious. i too have heard from everything to universal to solar system level stuff.

yeahi see that now, hes just a glorified time traveler lol

Sin I AM
Traveled back to the big bang with the voyager in tow, adjusted a moons orbit
granted and taking Q level powers...brought people back from the dead..transmuted human into another species, caused unintentional supernovas as a side effect to the Q civil war

ghostman
Traveled back to the big bang with the voyager in tow, adjusted a moons orbit
granted and taking Q level powers...brought people back from the dead..transmuted human into another species, caused unintentional supernovas as a side effect to the Q civil war

yeah, Q destroys him.

Sin I AM
Manhattan is great but he really didn't do anything that say Jack of Hearts couldn't replicate. Same goes with Ozy, Ror, NO, etc...Watchman characters just aren't good in versus match due to extremly limited showings

the Darkone
Manhattan is great but he really didn't do anything that say Jack of Hearts couldn't replicate. Same goes with Ozy, Ror, NO, etc...Watchman characters just aren't good in versus match due to extremly limited showings

thumb up Q's are mxy lite I would more in line with high end abstracts but still more powerful than other being in Star Trek universe even in watchman universe.

Manhattan is a counterpart of captain atom, captain atom with quantum could vastly more than monarch who would've sh!! Stomp Manhattan

Surtur
Dr. Manhattan is a lot of talk and little else. His best on panel feats don't compare to Q's.

EDIT: Wait it says Q only has his comic book showings. I do not know what those showings are so maybe Manhattan can defeat that version. Since all the Q feats mentioned here happened on the tv show. What has comic Q done?

Sin I AM
I wouldn't use comic version because it's convoluted. There is no linear canon, just a bunch of random books from different companies.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
Dr. Manhattan is a lot of talk and little else. His best on panel feats don't compare to Q's.

EDIT: Wait it says Q only has his comic book showings. I do not know what those showings are so maybe Manhattan can defeat that version. Since all the Q feats mentioned here happened on the tv show. What has comic Q done?

To answer your question in The Q Continuum he transported the enterprise decades into the future. Returned them to the pastop and mind wiped everyone save Kirk and Spock.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur

Yeah, i was going to ask if those were live action feats you mentioned, thanks.

Convoluted or not, i'm only interested in comics showings.

Surtur
To answer your question in The Q Continuum he transported the enterprise decades into the future. Returned them to the pastop and mind wiped everyone save Kirk and Spock.

Yeah so he doesn't seem to be anywhere near his tv levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.