Most technically skilled lightsaber duelists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Contenders IMHO:

Dooku
Sidious
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Obi Wan
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
Exar Kun
Tenebrous
Cin Drallig
Anoon Bondara
Ratska Lsu
Mace Windu
Kyle Katarn
maybe Kas'im

Trocity
Caedus?

Syndicate
Ellimist. You put Dooku first. Today, you weren't so bad.

The Ellimist
^ it wasn't in any particular order, although I could entertain Dooku being the GOAT.

It's difficult to disentangle technical ability from Force augmentation and physical qualities. You can sort of tell from their stated understanding of fighting styles, and also by how formidable they are with a lightsaber relative to how powerful they are in the Force. Luke, for example, is clearly one of the most technically skilled duelists in the mythos, given that he basically teaches himself how to duel within a few years, to the point where he's an even match for Vader probably long before he's a match for him in raw power. Technically he impresses me more than Kas'im IMHO. Someone else like Sidious is stated to be a master of all forms and weapons, so he's clearly pretty impressive.

My top 5 in no particular order would be Luke, Dooku, Windu, Sidious and Yoda.

NewGuy01
I doubt anyone's more technically skilled than Palpatine and Yoda, honestly. Just a hair behind them would be Mace, Dooku, Anakin, etc.

Syndicate
Luke is definitely a protege. I believe he replicates Vader's Djem So variant ( with several other forms mixed in ) mid fight in ESB.

There are plenty of people who've mastered all forms. While I admire these characters versatility it doesn't really impress me as much as it used to.

I agree that Luke and Dooku are in the top 2. Personally them and Obi Wan make up my top 3. Mace Windu's probably somewhere in my top 5 or 10.

Syndicate
Feels weird to have a serious conversation on KMC.

NewGuy01
That was in RotJ.

And there's plenty of quotes from GL and NG that suggest Palpatine was at the very least the premier duelist in the movies. Dooku and Kenobi aren't better than him.

Syndicate
Don't really care about their quotes tbh. I find Obi Wan to be more skilled then Anakin.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Syndicate
Don't really care about their quotes tbh. I find Obi Wan to be more skilled then Obi Wan tbh.
that doesnt make sense at all

Aurbere
I find Obi Wan to be more skilled then Obi Wan tbh.

I've always had them on par.

The Ellimist
^ I don't remember that, or at least any indication that he was the best in terms of raw technical ability.

I'd put Windu up there by virtue of creating probably the deadliest lightsaber style, although its uniqueness does come heavily from its mystical elements. Exar Kun's pioneering his own double-bladed lightsaber style is also pretty impressive.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Aurbere
I've always had them on par.

xD

NewGuy01
Don't really care about their quotes tbh.

Well so much for that serious conversation. Although, no one really stated that Anakin is more technically skilled than Kenobi.

Pulling these out once again...

Nick Gillard: "Sidious is a master of every weapon and every style."

George Lucas: "It took a really long time for Nick (Gillard) to work out Sidious' fighting style, and he has a style that's constantly changing. His style is one in which you'll never get the better of him. It is ambiguous --- he'll fight less than you and draw you in; you're a sucker if you think you're going to better him."

Nick Gillard: "Pertaining to whether Sidious is right-handed or left-handed with a lightsaber, he's ambidextrous. He's just that good."

Nick Gillard: "Sidious' abilities are beyond anything we've experienced."

George Lucas: "On AOTC, I had to give them levels; On this film Obi is 8-he's moved up-Anakin is a 9, Mace is a 9, Yoda is a 9. They're up there with Sidious." (Admittedly this one isn't purely based on technical skill, as evidenced by a follow up quote regarding Anakin)

It seems to me that the general consensus is that Sidious was pretty much intended to be the most elite of the elite.

The Ellimist
This technically doesn't mean he's the most technically skilled.

Syndicate
Technically he technially'ed all over the technical aspects of his technicalese. Technically.

Sinious
Yoda, Luke and Sidious are top 3. I don't see how this is arguable.

EmperorSidious2
In pure technical mastery

Dooku

Nephthys
Kas'im.

S_W_LeGenD
In no specific order:

- Darth Caedus
- Yoda
- Luke Skywalker
- Palpatine
- Kas'im
- Kao Cen Darach
- Tulak Hord
- Hero of Tython
- Count Dooku
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Anakin Skywalker
- Darth Malgus
- Mace Windu
- Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.