Quasar vs. Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
Wendell Vaughn (Quasar) vs. Adam Brashear (Blue Marvel)

who wins

Horrificus
Until BM gets some more uber-feats under his belt, Quasar takes this.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Horrificus
Until BM gets some more uber-feats under his belt, Quasar takes this. is it close or a stomp?

Stoic
Adam gets my vote. Quasar seems to have had loads of trouble with super strong characters.

leonidas
yeah, there is some truth to that. i wonder if bm could be drained? minus that, i'd give bm the win here, but it would by no means by easy for him. think superman vs hal, pre boot, only bm doesn't have superman's speed.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, there is some truth to that. i wonder if bm could be drained? minus that, i'd give bm the win here, but it would by no means by easy for him. think superman vs hal, pre boot, only bm doesn't have superman's speed.

There has been no proof to support his top flight speeds that I am aware of. Although it was stated that he can fly at close to light speed. I do recall Quasar fighting Count Nefaria (or a guy that was dressed like him) and having a very rough time with him, so there's that. He also didn't go for the drain. I'm also not too sure about how easy it would be to actually drain Adam for Quasar. I mean that tactic back fired on him when he attempted it on Annihilus, so Quasar may have trouble with anti matter beings. I honestly think that Adam would beat the crap out of Quasar, but that's just my opinion.

riv6672
Its a good opinion.
Quasar's a great guy, but he's no GL. BM has the strength, energy projection, durability (and speed), to take this fight.

Horrificus
Originally posted by SWblayde938
is it close or a stomp?
Quasar takes it in a stomp. After the writer gives Adam the usual respect of gettibg some shots in on Quasar and showboating a bit.

Annihilus killing Q was ridiculous. He was NEVER at that level before that retarded Annihilation Wave story.

And I have listed many, many scans in this forum, that show the error of believong Q has trouble with bricks.

Finally, there is no reason Q should not b able to manipulate Adam's power.

Sin I AM
Didn't he recently one shot Norrin?

Stoic
Quasar takes it in a stomp. After the writer gives Adam the usual respect of gettibg some shots in on Quasar and showboating a bit.

Annihilus killing Q was ridiculous. He was NEVER at that level before that retarded Annihilation Wave story.

And I have listed many, many scans in this forum, that show the error of believong Q has trouble with bricks.

Finally, there is no reason Q should not b able to manipulate Adam's power.

You can't cheery pick the battles that suit you. Quasar had trouble absorbing Anni's energy and paid for it with his life. He has had trouble with super strong characters more than once. Nova Prime beat the hell out of his Cancerverse clone, which was said to be his equal. Yet on the other side of the coin, Adam has yet to have a poor showing. Adam was directly responsible for defeating Anti-Man, and Anti-Man nearly broke the Sentry's arm by simply grabbing it, then he pushed the Avengers around as if they were light weights. No way is Quasar doing all of that.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
You can't cheery pick the battles that suit you. Quasar had trouble absorbing Anni's energy and paid for it with his life. He has had trouble with super strong characters more than once. Nova Prime beat the hell out of his Cancerverse clone, which was said to be his equal. Yet on the other side of the coin, Adam has yet to have a poor showing. Adam was directly responsible for defeating Anti-Man, and Anti-Man nearly broke the Sentry's arm by simply grabbing it, then he pushed the Avengers around as if they were light weights. No way is Quasar doing all of that.

Adam was tailor made to defeat him though

Horrificus
Every once in a while, a MAN comes along. A "special" kind of man.
A man that laughs in the face of doubters and those who mock what they do not understand!
A man whose mission, is to set things right, when he sees Comic Book Injustice, Character Hatred and Incorrect Statements.
A man That knows a lot about Quasar and has the scans to back it up.
A man that is able to stop working for 10 minutes, so that he might educate the ignorant.

I am That MAN! And my Kung Fu is STRONG. afro

What would you guys like me to address first? I will just start here...

Quasar had trouble absorbing Anni's energy and paid for it with his life. Yes he did. This was due to Anni's power being not of the 616 universe. No argument. If Q had chose to simply battle it out, instead of using his "hoodoo" and try to sap A's power, he might have had a chance.

He has had trouble with super strong characters more than once. I keep seeing that stated in here, but we will take a look at it.

Nova Prime beat the hell out of his Cancerverse clone, which was said to be his equal. Regardless of whether he really was Quasars equal or not, there r big differences. Dark Quasar had the Q bands, but he was also a high level magic user, in a universe where magic was the "main ingredient" and the most important form of power. Just from all of the statements made, u can tell that Q focused primarily on his magic and magic knowledge, not the use of his Q bands. That is a fact.

There are also statements made about how the physical and energy properties of the Cancerverse are completely different from the 616. There is no way that Dark Q made use of the Q bands in the same way that 616 Q did.

And as far as "personality", Dark Q couldn't have been more different from Quasar. He was like a High Priest.

There is no way to say that they were equals, with any degree of credibility.

Yet on the other side of the coin, Adam has yet to have a poor showing. Adam was directly responsible for defeating Anti-Man, and Anti-Man nearly broke the Sentry's arm by simply grabbing it, then he pushed the Avengers around as if they were light weights. No way is Quasar doing all of that. Really? No Way?
Ok.

Q was powerful enough to trump the strength of Thanos as he tried to crush the heads together of Hulk and Ben. So, obviously, Thanos was REALLY trying and it wasn't a half measure.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest10_zpskzrhc2py.jpg

Really? You think that Adam could duplicate this feat? Seriously? Before you answer, take a good look at who is trying to do what and how. Then look at Q barely paying attention.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_Quasarstrongest11_zpsqr6vy3cd.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_Quasarstrongest13_zpse2cpec47.jpg

I hope I didn't hurt anybody. When I go into action, my power can be dangerous.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Adam was tailor made to defeat him though

Adam was also tailor made to KO King Hyperion in 3 punches, which would also suggest that he'd likely beat the mess out of Gladiator with less. meanwhile Q-bands could barely contend with an ersatz Count Nefaria. Blue Marvel isn't the most powerful hero out there, but we aren't talking about the little leagues here. This is a guy that could have put a lot more damage on that team of Avengers that he stood up to, but instead he sat there trying to make them see his side of things.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/1368437-39597113mf8.jpg

It took a long time for Gladiator to deal with Hyperion, which shows that Adam is entirely on another level when compared to a threat of this level.

Every once in a while, a MAN comes along. A "special" kind of man.
A man that laughs in the face of doubters and those who mock what they do not understand!
A man whose mission, is to set things right, when he sees Comic Book Injustice, Character Hatred and Incorrect Statements.
A man That knows a lot about Quasar and has the scans to back it up.
A man that is able to stop working for 10 minutes, so that he might educate the ignorant.

I am That MAN! And my Kung Fu is STRONG. afro

What would you guys like me to address first? I will just start here...

Yes he did. This was due to Anni's power being not of the 616 universe. No argument. If Q had chose to simply battle it out, instead of using his "hoodoo" and try to sap A's power, he might have had a chance.

I keep seeing that stated in here, but we will take a look at it.

Regardless of whether he really was Quasars equal or not, there r big differences. Dark Quasar had the Q bands, but he was also a high level magic user, in a universe where magic was the "main ingredient" and the most important form of power. Just from all of the statements made, u can tell that Q focused primarily on his magic and magic knowledge, not the use of his Q bands. That is a fact.

There are also statements made about how the physical and energy properties of the Cancerverse are completely different from the 616. There is no way that Dark Q made use of the Q bands in the same way that 616 Q did.

And as far as "personality", Dark Q couldn't have been more different from Quasar. He was like a High Priest.

There is no way to say that they were equals, with any degree of credibility.

Really? No Way?
Ok.

Q was powerful enough to trump the strength of Thanos as he tried to crush the heads together of Hulk and Ben. So, obviously, Thanos was REALLY trying and it wasn't a half measure.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest10_zpskzrhc2py.jpg

Really? You think that Adam could duplicate this feat? Seriously? Before you answer, take a good look at who is trying to do what and how. Then look at Q barely paying attention.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_Quasarstrongest11_zpsqr6vy3cd.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_Quasarstrongest13_zpse2cpec47.jpg

I hope I didn't hurt anybody. When I go into action, my power can be dangerous.

Let's not get carried away. Thanos wasn't trying to crush their skulls. You're simply looking at one showing and trying to make it the norm. Anni was ripped through Q-Band's containment field in his old weak body, but was unable to defeat the Hulk in a suped up body. Who are you kidding. Quasar was weak sauce in comparison to the big guns. Why don't you show his run in with the Imperial Guard? I know why, because Quasar has a bunch of low showings that you've carefully attempted to hide, while Adam has none. You say that Anni's power is from another dimension? Well guess where Adam's power comes from? Let's also not forget that Adam is also an energy manipulator with capabilities that allowed him to perform surgery on an energy being which in the end turned out making Monica Rambeau even more powerful than she was. Let's not make statements that can't be proven in terms of Quasar draining Adam.

riv6672
Fun reading, but not mind changing. BM FTW.

ShadowFyre
Blue Marvel doesent have many low showings yet, but they will come. I dont even consider the anti-man thing. That villian was tailor made for Adam to beat. The Hype and Sentry ones are good though.

h1a8
Characters fight to the best of their ability AS SHOWN BEFORE. quasar wins

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Characters fight to the best of their ability AS SHOWN BEFORE. quasar wins

What are you even talking about? Quasar's best was when he went up against Annihilus, and was eaten. I'll remind you that he lost against a weaker version of Annihilus than the one that wasn't capable of defeating the Hulk. Quasar is a solid mid herald, that is only strong against specific character types. Then again it's very likely that you have no idea why you think Quasar wins.

riv6672
Quasar shows that a GL type character fares about as well at Marvel as an armored one does at DC.

Horrificus
What are you even talking about? Quasar's best was when he went up against Annihilus, and was eaten. I'll remind you that he lost against a weaker version of Annihilus than the one that wasn't capable of defeating the Hulk. Quasar is a solid mid herald, that is only strong against specific character types. Then again it's very likely that you have no idea why you think Quasar wins. dude. You r wrong.
Quasar had high-end feats that r beyond Adam.

But, its on me to prove it. Ok.

deathslash
dude. You r wrong.
Quasar had high-end feats that r beyond Adam. and low end ones that would put Adam comfortably above him.

Stoic
dude. You r wrong.
Quasar had high-end feats that r beyond Adam.

But, its on me to prove it. Ok.

Yep he did have them. You don't have to convince me, i have his entire run, but he was only strong against a certain type of character. He was also most certainly weak against a certain character as well. Why don't you go back and gloss over his run in with the Imperial Guard. You will notice who he was stong against, and who he was weak against. I do recall his run in with Binary in which he placed her in a containment field and had his way with her energy, but she isn't Adam, nor has she ever been portrayed to have the ability to manipulate energy as well as he can. Adam performed surgery on an energy being (Monica Rambeau) and made her more powerful than she was. The only thing that Quasar could do to defeat Adam would be to drain off his powers, and this is something that you can not prove is possible at this point. However, Adam has the kind of strength that it would take to smash through Q's constructs and one shot him.

riv6672
^^^absolutely agree with this, in regards to BM/shield smashing/power draining.

h1a8
Yep he did have them. You don't have to convince me, i have his entire run, but he was only strong against a certain type of character. He was also most certainly weak against a certain character as well. Why don't you go back and gloss over his run in with the Imperial Guard. You will notice who he was stong against, and who he was weak against. I do recall his run in with Binary in which he placed her in a containment field and had his way with her energy, but she isn't Adam, nor has she ever been portrayed to have the ability to manipulate energy as well as he can. Adam performed surgery on an energy being (Monica Rambeau) and made her more powerful than she was. The only thing that Quasar could do to defeat Adam would be to drain off his powers, and this is something that you can not prove is possible at this point. However, Adam has the kind of strength that it would take to smash through Q's constructs and one shot him. Quasar fighting at his best wouldn't just put up constructs to be broken. He would attack with them. BM has no energy draining resistance feats. If BM breaks 1 construct then Quasar just forms another instantly. And Quasar's high end constructs may or may not not be able to be broken by BM physical force.

Stoic
Quasar fighting at his best wouldn't just put up constructs to be broken. He would attack with them. BM has no energy draining resistance feats. If BM breaks 1 construct then Quasar just forms another instantly. And Quasar's high end constructs may or may not not be able to be broken by BM physical force.

In other words you don't know what you're talking about. Gotcha.

ShadowFyre
Yall are overhyping Blue Marvel all to hell. He beat a hyperion, big whoop. Like, thats literally the only person of note that he has beaten. Anti-Man doesent count as he was obviously made for Adam to be able yo beat.

He doesent even have a strength feat beyond country sized and yall are pretending like he could beat the shit out of everybody.

Thor Odinson w/Mjolnir would one shot him, drain him etc.
Curdent Hype has feats millions of times better,
Surfer could one-shot him

I dont think he loses to Quasar but as of right now he really isnt in the big leagues either, in fact Quasar is quite a bit above him by who he has actually faced off against.

The most powerful person Adam went against is a weak Sentry. Who knocked his ass out, he didnt fight Death Seed Sentry, or The Void like Thor did, he got knocked out by a Sentry barely above Iron Man.
And a low showing for King Hyperion if anything.

HulkIsHulk
Wasn't King Hype winning and Adam cheapshotted him when he turned around thinking Adam was done?

riv6672
One, how is that a cheap shot?
Two, a couple months back there was a competitive thread between BM and Sodam Yat. Quasar is no frikkin' Sodam Yat.
If BM was getting nods (and he was) in that fight, no way is Quasar going to get my vote here.

leonidas
whoa, let's not overdo it. quasar has matched galactus for a time in one on one, beaten a WATCHER in battle, done very well against masterson as thor and fought ss for a prolonged period to a draw..... and that's just a couple showings. he;s also battled phoenix to a near draw. he may not have the high end showings of hal, but he is NOT far off, and has shown arguably BETTER energy control. he has better energy control and absorption feats than surfer does. in fact when ss failed against ego, guess who stepped in:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139564/4406170-maximum+security+%233+(2001)+-+page+26.jpg

so, i'd give bm a slight majority, only because physical strength CAN overcome some constructs, but it's not like wendell wouldn't take a few in this. there's really no way to look at the annihilation failure as anything but PIS. and his 'clone' that nova beat, was no where close to the real deal, despite what worldmind was thinking. no feats, means no way to know for sure. as proof--nova and worldmind were sh!tting themselves and when ss came for them. wendell, as i said, matched ss for a prolonged battle, and imo may very well have won that fight. not only that, quasar himself easily beat his evil twin--more easily than nova himself did, and he was even fighting magus at the same time during one run in. quasar DEFINITELY has the better high showings.

bm 6/10

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
One, how is that a cheap shot?
Two, a couple months back there was a competitive thread between BM and Sodam Yat. Quasar is no frikkin' Sodam Yat.
If BM was getting nods (and he was) in that fight, no way is Quasar going to get my vote here. Imo quasar is about on par with Hal if not better. I don't think BM is competitive with Yat at all. I think it's a stomp in Yats favor. Those that think otherwise are flat out wrong. I think Yat without the ring beats BM and I can easily prove it. With the ring BM is not harming Yat at all.

Quasar can drain BM simply because BM has no resistance feats against that tactic. Quasar can ko BM with constructs from a distance or simply impale him with sharp constructs. BM blasts are doing nothing to quasar but getting blocked or absorbed. Quasar has a great advantage in reach.

riv6672
No sweat. Differing opinions.
Completely opposite in this case, actually.

h1a8
No sweat. Differing opinions.
Completely opposite in this case, actually.

The speed difference makes it a stomp in Yats favor. It's like 2 beings fighting with comparable stats except one sees the other moving in super slow motion the whole fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Wasn't King Hype winning and Adam cheapshotted him when he turned around thinking Adam was done?

Well actually they both launched cheap shots. The only thing here is that BM was able to get up from King Hype's cheap shot, while King Hype could not do the same. In other words, if they both fought seriously BM hits harder, and can take more punishment than King Hype, thus he would beat the mess out of him on equal footing.

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Yall are overhyping Blue Marvel all to hell. He beat a hyperion, big whoop. Like, thats literally the only person of note that he has beaten. Anti-Man doesent count as he was obviously made for Adam to be able yo beat.

He doesent even have a strength feat beyond country sized and yall are pretending like he could beat the shit out of everybody.

Thor Odinson w/Mjolnir would one shot him, drain him etc.
Curdent Hype has feats millions of times better,
Surfer could one-shot him

I dont think he loses to Quasar but as of right now he really isnt in the big leagues either, in fact Quasar is quite a bit above him by who he has actually faced off against.

The most powerful person Adam went against is a weak Sentry. Who knocked his ass out, he didnt fight Death Seed Sentry, or The Void like Thor did, he got knocked out by a Sentry barely above Iron Man.
And a low showing for King Hyperion if anything.

Why was Anti-Man made for Adam to beat? Does not make sense. Does that mean that every character that has Adam's power set is tailor made for him to defeat? That's just a really dumb way of thinking about things, and would be like me saying that any brick is tailor made for the Hulk to beat, when we have seen bricks defeat him in the past. Adam won period, no point in attempting to rob him of the feat.

Did Adam ever fight the Surfer? No. So let's not make any claims. Has he fought Thor? No. So let's not make any claims. As a matter of fact most of your post is based on nothing but pure opinion. Quasar has a record of having trouble against super strong characters and does extremely well against characters that are unable to defend against energy drain. The Surfer was also drained to death by Rulk, what does that have to do with Adam? Nothing. Rulk also beat the hell out of Uatu, and was one shot by the Hulk. What does that have to do with Adam? Not one thing.

h1a8
Well actually they both launched cheap shots. The only thing here is that BM was able to get up from King Hype's cheap shot, while King Hype could not do the same. In other words, if they both fought seriously BM hits harder, and can take more punishment than King Hype, thus he would beat the mess out of him on equal footing.

Why was Anti-Man made for Adam to beat? Does not make sense. Does that mean that every character that has Adam's power set is tailor made for him to defeat? That's just a really dumb way of thinking about things, and would be like me saying that any brick is tailor made for the Hulk to beat, when we have seen bricks defeat him in the past. Adam won period, no point in attempting to rob him of the feat.

Did Adam ever fight the Surfer? No. So let's not make any claims. Has he fought Thor? No. So let's not make any claims. As a matter of fact most of your post is based on nothing but pure opinion. Quasar has a record of having trouble against super strong characters and does extremely well against characters that are unable to defend against energy drain. The Surfer was also drained to death by Rulk, what does that have to do with Adam? Nothing. Rulk also beat the hell out of Uatu, and was one shot by the Hulk. What does that have to do with Adam? Not one thing.

Comic fights where characters aren't fighting to the best of their ability are different than forum ones. King Hyperion has super speed and reflexes. If written properly he should stomp BM.
Quasar can do absolutely well against a strong character in a forum fight.
Just erect the quality shields and constructs he was able to against all those strong characters. Plus let's not forget that Quasar can actually attack with his constructs (instead of sit there and get hit) If he does so then BM would be significantly damaged. BM would find it extremely difficult to defend against Quasar's constructs.

Lastly, Quasar can simply drain BM since BM has no resistance feats against that tactic. /thread

Stoic
Comic fights where characters aren't fighting to the best of their ability are different than forum ones. King Hyperion has super speed and reflexes. If written properly he should stomp BM.
Quasar can do absolutely well against a strong character in a forum fight.
Just erect the quality shields and constructs he was able to against all those strong characters. Plus let's not forget that Quasar can actually attack with his constructs (instead of sit there and get hit) If he does so then BM would be significantly damaged. BM would find it extremely difficult to defend against Quasar's constructs.

Lastly, Quasar can simply drain BM since BM has no resistance feats against that tactic. /thread

And what makes you believe that BM doesn't have super speed? Oh you didn't see the blurry lines in the art is that it? When did you see the blurry lines in King Hype's fights? Double standard? BM's bio states that he can move a close to light speed. What does this have to do with Quasar? He doesn't possess light speed reactions. BM defeated King Hype, you simply have to deal with it. Also let's not make shit up as we go along. If a character has power, it doesn't automatically mean that they would do X with that power. To the best of his ability does not mean that King Hype is super strong and capable of fighting with the proficiency of Iron Fist. Lastly you don't know if Quasar could actually drain BM. Stop making things up.

riv6672
Really enjoying your posts, Stoic. You're covering things really well in your rebuttals.

h1a8
And what makes you believe that BM doesn't have super speed? Oh you didn't see the blurry lines in the art is that it? When did you see the blurry lines in King Hype's fights? Double standard? BM's bio states that he can move a close to light speed. What does this have to do with Quasar? He doesn't possess light speed reactions. BM defeated King Hype, you simply have to deal with it. Also let's not make shit up as we go along. If a character has power, it doesn't automatically mean that they would do X with that power. To the best of his ability does not mean that King Hype is super strong and capable of fighting with the proficiency of Iron Fist. Lastly you don't know if Quasar could actually drain BM. Stop making things up. my post was address to the other poster who claimed that BM is competitive with Yat. Also read the exchange before rebutting. Otherwise, you make an ass(ume).

Top flying speed has 0 to do with combat movement speed and reflexes.
Light speed can be reached in a hour if one accelerates about 51mph per second. How quick can BM reach light speed is what matters, not that he can reach light speed.

riv6672
Oh that is some great double talk right there.

Stoic
my post was address to the other poster who claimed that BM is competitive with Yat. Also read the exchange before rebutting. Otherwise, you make an ass(ume).

Top flying speed has 0 to do with combat movement speed and reflexes.
Light speed can be reached in a hour if one accelerates about 51mph per second. How quick can BM reach light speed is what matters, not that he can reach light speed.

Yat has nothing to do with anything whatsoever. BM can travel at those speeds immediately as seen when he took off from across the country and hit Zom in seconds. Are there any other real world physics that you'd like to add to this fictional thread? Also, if your post was strictly about Yat, which I wasn't arguing because he has nothing to do with the OP topic, why did you then go on about how Quasar would drain BM without knowledge of whether or not BM could actually defend against the attempt? What we know from comics that we don't ignore, is that Annihilus who happened to be from the anti matter universe *Negative Zone) ripped through Quasar's shields like paper, and ended the fight by devouring him. Anything else is simply you making things up as you go along. Quasar has the reaction speed of a normal comic book human. BM has reacted to Sentry, and King Hyperion who have reaction times far above human. So if we were to use the logic that you stood by time and again, we would come to the conclusion that BM would out-react Quasar, and beat the mess out of him. Thank you for playing.

Insane Titan
Quasar at his best takes this, anything other than he loses.

Reading through this thread Quasar is been sold sort, ppl should go read Greunwalds Quasar run.

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Quasar at his best takes this, anything other than he loses.

Reading through this thread Quasar is been sold sort, ppl should go read Greunwalds Quasar run.

I have his entire run. As stated, Quasar is strong against a particular type of character, and weak against a particular type of character. This is something that I noticed throughout his entire run. Do you have a particular issue, or feat that would make you believe that he wins this? Uatu doesn't mean much. Rulk beat the hell out of him. That era of Rulk was later one shot by the Hulk. It's a bit less impressive when a character has another characters weakness riding along with them (as seen when he dominated Binary) is what I've been saying from the get go. I mean if you took a character made of kryptonite and made it so that anyone weak towards the stuff would begin getting deathly sick within a miles radius of the guy, Mr. Kryptonite would likely win. This does not mean that Mr. Kryptonite would defeat every character that Superman has bounced off of the moon though. Same thing applies for Quasar.

jrodslam
If Quasar can keep the concentration with his structures being smashed constantly, hed lose. I personally dont think BM has enough fights under his belt. True he has harder times with those who are more of a powerhouse type. Ill only give him a slight edge.

riv6672
My bad.
I brought up Yat. I have nothing to do with the unneeded physics lesson though.

Stoic
My bad.
I brought up Yat. I have nothing to do with the unneeded physics lesson though.

I wasn't tripping about Yat. What I was trying to say was that when I quoted him, my argument was centered on Quasar vs Adam. Yat had nothing to do with my train of thought, other than wondering where such strong claims were coming from. I mean Adam has yet to have a poor showing, and according to what was written, it would take a lot from some very powerful characters in order to KO Adam. Both times that Adam was floored he wasn't exactly ready for the impact. King Hyperion sucker punched him when he thought that they could talk it out, which IMO resulted in a stun, and not a KO. The 2nd time was when Sentry dive bombed him while he was not ready for it, resulting in a KO that he nearly fought off. Aside from that, I don't know where people are coming from with really strong claims of who would actually stomp BM. I could see Tyrant stomping him, but no high herald is going to do any such thing IMO. Which brings us back to Quasar. I can't see him winning this at all.

riv6672
Ah, okay. The reason i brought up YAt, is i agree with your high herald opinion. The Yat thread really helped cement my opinion on BM. Quasar just isnt going to win this one.

Sin I AM
Quasar. He's a tried and true character who has been battle rested. When BM grows up a bit maybe until then he's still a noob

riv6672
That reasoning is kind of silly.
BM premiered in 2008. If he were a DC character he'd have been rebooted at least 3 times by now.
The last being the New52.
Those noobs are way noobier than BM.

h1a8
I wasn't tripping about Yat. What I was trying to say was that when I quoted him, my argument was centered on Quasar vs Adam. Yat had nothing to do with my train of thought, other than wondering where such strong claims were coming from. I mean Adam has yet to have a poor showing, and according to what was written, it would take a lot from some very powerful characters in order to KO Adam. Both times that Adam was floored he wasn't exactly ready for the impact. King Hyperion sucker punched him when he thought that they could talk it out, which IMO resulted in a stun, and not a KO. The 2nd time was when Sentry dive bombed him while he was not ready for it, resulting in a KO that he nearly fought off. Aside from that, I don't know where people are coming from with really strong claims of who would actually stomp BM. I could see Tyrant stomping him, but no high herald is going to do any such thing IMO. Which brings us back to Quasar. I can't see him winning this at all. But that's fallacious reasoning. Just because a character didn't have a low showing doesn't mean they can beat anyone in their tier.
A sucker punch is worth between 3-5 normal punches on average. So BM can take at most 5 punches from Sentry before going down.

riv6672
Who the **** taught you fight club math? laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.