Greatest Exemplars of Sith Values

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Who best exemplified the tenets of the Sith Code? Who demonstrated Sith traits the most/the best?

Beniboybling
Bane, most probably. Well perhaps Krayt.

SunRazer
I thought you'd say the manipulative types like Sidious and Traya because you seem to like them. They do embody Sith values well - their whole idea of use whatever you can, kill or convert threats, their lessons revolving around strength and standing on your own two feet, etc.

But Bane is definitely up there - he understood the need for the Rule of Two, and he was certainly knew much more about strength than the Sith of his era. Krayt is technically a revolutionary but the idea he put forth about the One Sith in of itself isn't exactly revolutionary - it's been around in the past for thousands of years.

Beniboybling
Mmm other names are coming to mind now, let me give this some thought.

I wouldn't say Traya though, she explictly denounces the Sith and Jedi codes as too dogmantic and restrictive, and abided by her own personal more complex philosophy.

SunRazer
She hates mindless slaughter and "brutish" acts, and she believes you get the best by comparing the Jedi and Sith, but the core values she does appreciate are clearly Sith-based. She wants personal control, she wants you to stand up for yourself, view others as disposable, etc.

She tells you not to be too attached to any one philosophy, but her take on self-survival and her approach towards others are definitely the way a Sith would do things. We also don't completely know what she was lying about and what she wasn't.

Maul is a pretty strong exemplar of Sith traits. Dooku's quite controlled and doesn't angry often, but other than that, he's pretty Sithy - cold, cruel, enjoys torture, has no problem with mass murder and believes in all the Sith tenets of betrayal, strength, etc. and he views everything as either an asset or a threat.

Beniboybling
OK so my interpretation of this is that the one who best exemplifies the Sith Code is the one who best strived for its ultimate goal as according to Yuthura Ban, namely:

"One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection... their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny."

Which is basically the end result of the whole mantra. Given that I would say:

#1 Emperor Vitiate (Vanilla TOR) / #2 Darth Sidious / #3 Darth Krayt / #4 Darth Plagueis / #5 Darth BaneOriginally posted by SunRazer
She hates mindless slaughter and "brutish" acts, and she believes you get the best by comparing the Jedi and Sith, but the core values she does appreciate are clearly Sith-based. She wants personal control, she wants you to stand up for yourself, view others as disposable, etc.

She tells you not to be too attached to any one philosophy, but her take on self-survival and her approach towards others are definitely the way a Sith would do things. She could also well be lying about the rest of it.

Maul is a pretty strong exemplar of Sith traits. Dooku's quite controlled and doesn't angry often, but other than that, he's pretty Sithy - cold, cruel, enjoys torture, has no problem with mass murder and believes in all the Sith tenets of betrayal, strength, etc. and he views everything as either an asset or a threat.To an extent sure. But unlike the Sith Traya wasn't really interested in limitless power and mastery over everything as others were. She believed true freedom came about by denouncing the Force rather than embracing it. And she was ultimately prepared to sacrifice herself for a greater good.

Dooku and Maul are also good adherents, but they lacked vision. Being Sith is more than about being "Sithy", its about becoming a perfect being.

SunRazer
A decent list. Plagueis is another definite mention.

Nephthys
I guess it should be Bane, as the Sith'ari. Malgus was a pretty great example of a somewhat rational Sith. Sidious, of course. Not sure if him totally not giving a shit about anything but himself is a mark for or against him.

Sinious
Well, the Sith evolved throughout the ages, and different circumstances created different kinds of Ultimate Sith. Like Bein said, I think it is important to look at "who best exemplifies the Sith Code is the one who best strived for its ultimate goal" factor here.

Sidious, Vitiate, Plagueis, and Bane are the 4 main names that come to my mind for now.

I don't see anyone prior to Vitiate other than Ragnos worthy of even a mention, and he is pretty much an unknown. So, I'll start with Vitiate.

Emperor Vitiate should be considered one of the Ultimate Sith for a couple reasons like having demonic features as a baby, being inhuman and pure evil, achieving immortality etc. and as stated above, the Sith Code is about gaining power, and freeing yourself from your inherent vice with that power to become a perfect entity. In this sense, Sith culture is a means to an end. Plagueis says that power by itself cannot be the purpose, and this Sith pureblood is one of the very few who went beyond "I gain power" and completed the circle of the Sith Code. His plan is actually flawless for a Sith. He let the others fight each other and stayed out, then when the time was right, he basically secured himself millenia+ time, power of thousands of Sith lords to boost himself, his own sith empire full of worshippers, and through these, the opportunity to transcend even further.

I have Bane here for the opposite reasons of Vitiate. He managed to care more about the Sith then himself, and is the Sith'ari, where Vitiate never really cared for anything other than himself, and rejected the Sith even more after Ziost. It depends which one you consider as being a great Sith. Bane saw the ever decreasing quality of the Sith, and reshaped it into an order that spawned the greatest Sith Lord of all times.

Plagueis is similar to Vitiate, he had a superior understanding of things to his surrounding, and went for the most ambitious plans one can think of, and was also going to complete the main purpose of the Sith Code. He wasn't able to complete his transcendence like Vitiate was able to, but what he achieved with midi-cholarions would probably lead to (with a lot more time) something greater than any other application of the force than we've seen so far. Also, I've personally never seen a better Sith master.

Sidious is the perfect Sith. I don't think one would require explanation for this tbh.

Syndicate
Wow. I didn't know this forum actually liked Bane outside of versus.

I'd go with him as well.

S_W_LeGenD
To name a few:

- Darth Bane
- Darth Malgus
- Palpatine
- Darth Plagueis
- Marka Ragnos
- Tulak Hord

Aurbere
Yeah. Tulak Hord. He did... Uh... Um... mmm

Well he certainly is a Sith Lord...

The Ellimist
^ laughing

ILS
Sidious

Kun is worth mentioning along with the others in this thread

SunRazer
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
To name a few:

- Tulak Hord

We don't even have an on-screen appearance of Hord other than as a Ghost in TOR. Most of what we know is either ambiguous or comes from his biggest ass-licker, Khem Val. How would you say he's one of the greatest exemplars of Sith values?

Emperordmb
Sheev Bane and Plagueis are the ones who come to mind for me.

Fated Xtasy
@ Beni and Sinious thumb up on all accounts.

Going back to Traya for a little bit, her philosophy and her "code" does bare a great number of similarities to the Sith Code, but let's not forget she has no love for brutally murdering people.

She wants the Exlie to negotiate, she wants the Exile to become a silver tongued manipulator so that she can -as the word implies- manipulate events into her favor, be they light or dark.

But anyways. I agree with Beni and Sinious word for word thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
We don't even have an on-screen appearance of Hord other than as a Ghost in TOR. Most of what we know is either ambiguous or comes from his biggest ass-licker, Khem Val. How would you say he's one of the greatest exemplars of Sith values?
He is officially recognized as such:

Centuries ago, Khem Val was the proud servant of Tulak Hord, one of the greatest Dark Lords of the Sith to ever live.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic

Moreover, Tulak Hord pioneered many rituals and Sith have shown great interest in finding Hord's recordings, items and artifacts throughout history after the death of the former.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Plagueis Even Sheev didn't oppose RoT as openly as Plagueis did, and Sheev kinda makes sense since he executed the Grand Plan. So what makes you put Plagueis there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.