All Black the Necrosword Vs. Twilight Surtur's Sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Synchronicity
Surter has Twilight, The God Butcher has the Necrosword

Who wins?

ShadowFyre
So its just the swords themselves? Not really sure, All-Black turns an average human level being into basically an eldergod that is Odin+ we have to assume and makes a skyfather able to down an average to slightly below average galactus.

Gorr should be Surturs equal at the very least but hard tonreally tell.

Stoic
All Black the Necrosword should belong to Thanos. It would be a fitting weapon. As for the question, I have to give it to the weapon that has actually gone onto kill millions of mythical gods over one that is said to do whatever, but has yet to do anything. Necro FTW.

DarkOdin
Twilight sword, hands down the nercosword needs God blood and lots of it to amp to skyfather level as seems when gorr had to slaughter a large bunch of the gods he enslaved to fight old King Thor and company, alot of people forget the reason gorr was able to kill so many Pantheon's was his weapon gained power via gods blood.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Twilight sword, hands down the nercosword needs God blood and lots of it to amp to skyfather level as seems when gorr had to slaughter a large bunch of the gods he enslaved to fight old King Thor and company, alot of people forget the reason gorr was able to kill so many Pantheon's was his weapon gained power via gods blood.

Agreed if we were talking about a newbie Necrosword, but I had the impression that we were taking it at it's most powerful level. Hela had possession of Twilight, and was unable to slay Amora from what I recall. I can't see that happening if Hela had possession of the Necrosword. It's like I said, you can draw off of the hype behind Twilight being a weapon capable of cleaving stars in two, while not actually seeing this happen, or go with the Necrosword, that actually killed all of those Pantheons.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Stoic
Agreed if we were talking about a newbie Necrosword, but I had the impression that we were taking it at it's most powerful level. Hela had possession of Twilight, and was unable to slay Amora from what I recall. I can't see that happening if Hela had possession of the Necrosword. It's like I said, you can draw off of the hype behind Twilight being a weapon capable of cleaving stars in two, while not actually seeing this happen, or go with the Necrosword, that actually killed all of those Pantheons. for the most part I agree nercosword has the potential to be more powerful, however let's say u give the nercosword sword to a non God and then fight another being who is not a God it would be vastly weaker.

Stoic
for the most part I agree nercosword has the potential to be more powerful, however let's say u give the nercosword sword to a non God and then fight another being who is not a God it would be vastly weaker.

Okay, but let's take both of their measures against Celestial level characters. Twilight was used against a Celestial, and proved capable of cleaving it's arm off, only for it to regenerate the limb in moments. The sword was then melted as if it were an ice cube in a furnace. Then we have the Necrosword harming Galactus, and actually pushing him back to the point that Old man Thor (Odin's equal) fought evenly with Galactus, even hurting him. I believe that if a Celestial could slag Twilight, Galactus could do so as well. I do realize that Galactus was hungry, but then again Galactus is always hungry. This can be noted by all of the times that he has eaten a planet only to turn around to state that the hunger is once again upon him. The question here remains, just how hungry was Galactus?

Fighting an Odin level being over a prolonged period of time in my opinion, would make him stronger than when he was when he fought and lost against the FF, Dr. Strange, and several Avengers. Can the Necrosword even be slagged like Twilight was? What we have here is Twilight being shown to have a hard limit on its durability, versus the Necrosword showing no signs of weakness. Well except that it was once upon a time weak before being bathed in the blood of mythological gods.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Stoic
Okay, but let's take both of their measures against Celestial level characters. Twilight was used against a Celestial, and proved capable of cleaving it's arm off, only for it to regenerate the limb in moments. The sword was then melted as if it were an ice cube in a furnace. Then we have the Necrosword harming Galactus, and actually pushing him back to the point that Old man Thor (Odin's equal) fought evenly with Galactus, even hurting him. I believe that if a Celestial could slag Twilight, Galactus could do so as well. I do realize that Galactus was hungry, but then again Galactus is always hungry. This can be noted by all of the times that he has eaten a planet only to turn around to state that the hunger is once again upon him. The question here remains, just how hungry was Galactus?

Fighting an Odin level being over a prolonged period of time in my opinion, would make him stronger than when he was when he fought and lost against the FF, Dr. Strange, and several Avengers. Can the Necrosword even be slagged like Twilight was? What we have here is Twilight being shown to have a hard limit on its durability, versus the Necrosword showing no signs of weakness. Well except that it was once upon a time weak before being bathed in the blood of mythological gods. well we have to problems here 1 your thinking of the odinsword not the twilight sword, best example of the twilight sword is when surtur Odin's equal had the twilight sword Odin had to double his power by taking Thor girls power to defeat surtur with the twilight sword, in which Odin died as a result, the nercosword sword on the other hand only gave oldking thor a slight edge but this was after old King thor already showed to be close to Galactus power level and his daughter's weakened Galactus pretty darn good prior to the sword being used

Stoic
well we have to problems here 1 your thinking of the odinsword not the twilight sword, best example of the twilight sword is when surtur Odin's equal had the twilight sword Odin had to double his power by taking Thor girls power to defeat surtur with the twilight sword, in which Odin died as a result, the nercosword sword on the other hand only gave oldking thor a slight edge but this was after old King thor already showed to be close to Galactus power level and his daughter's weakened Galactus pretty darn good prior to the sword being used

Okay cool. Been a very very long time since I read Mighty Thor 299-300. But it still doesn't take away from the idea that Hela was unable to obliterate Amora with the Twilight sword. While the Necrosword would have killed her in an instant. Of course that could have been due to PIS, and to be honest, at this point it would be pretty much impossible to prove which sword is actually greater. If I were a comic character though, I'd probably prefer the Twilight sword due to it being the least evil of the two, but that still doesn't go very far in proving which sword is actually greater.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.