Slade Wilson vs Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Finished up Ennis's Punisher (Never thought Ennis the type to ship. Punishleltra? Eleknisher?) and moved on to 80's Teen Titans.

Slade Wilson is introduced in issue #2. He teams with Ravager, and takes out the team, including tripping up Wally West, as he says "Our reflex's make us faster then anyone. EVEN KID FLASH"wink

Pis, right? How come? The writer outright has them say they can react to a Flash, in their debut, so it's not like he was ignoring Wally's speed.

And if that's PIS, why is Val Armorr's feats accepted? He says he's fast enough to dodge Superman or Speed Force Lightning, then he does it. To my knowledge, all of his speed feats are like that... Nothing else remotely "speedster like", in terms of moving really fast.

What's the difference?

And before you answer "No difference, pis they both suck", why is Gorgon outreacting YoYo any less PISy. Or anyone's commentrary, from Cap's claim of seeing in slow motion to anything else..

Oh yeah, and who wins? smile

Surtur
The difference is Deathstroke isn't consistently portrayed as fast enough to trip up Wally West. Karate Kid is consistently portrayed as doing crazy shit with karate.

Keep in mind the speed force lightning thing is just his most impressive stuff. He's done stuff like spar against Ultra Boy when Ultra Boy was in speed mode, etc. He redirected Mon El into another friggin galaxy, not just ANY galaxy, one with a red sun.

I mean come on man, people job to DS. He took on a JLA team of Wally AND Green Lantern. You gotta see the jobbing in that, right? F*cking Green Lantern lol. Wally "I evacuate a city of half a million people in a split second" West...and Deathstroke is a threat to these guys?

StiltmanFTW
Cdtm? I can't beat him on my own. Please call Lord Rand!

http://i68.tinypic.com/osahxv.png

CDTM, PLEASE! HURRY! I CAN'T LAST MUCH LONGER! HU---AAAAAAARGHHHH!!!!!

Surtur
That is just silly, we all know he uses space karate to place all his phone calls.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Finished up Ennis's Punisher (Never thought Ennis the type to ship. Punishleltra? Eleknisher?) and moved on to 80's Teen Titans.

Slade Wilson is introduced in issue #2. He teams with Ravager, and takes out the team, including tripping up Wally West, as he says "Our reflex's make us faster then anyone. EVEN KID FLASH"wink

Pis, right? How come? The writer outright has them say they can react to a Flash, in their debut, so it's not like he was ignoring Wally's speed.

And if that's PIS, why is Val Armorr's feats accepted? He says he's fast enough to dodge Superman or Speed Force Lightning, then he does it. To my knowledge, all of his speed feats are like that... Nothing else remotely "speedster like", in terms of moving really fast.

What's the difference?

And before you answer "No difference, pis they both suck", why is Gorgon outreacting YoYo any less PISy. Or anyone's commentrary, from Cap's claim of seeing in slow motion to anything else..

Here's a thought experiment which should help.

If we take Flash's statement as gospel, then we can extrapolate.

Take Wally's greatest feats (the IMP, evacuating that Korean city, outracing his shadow, outracing Death etc).

Now, if Slade is faster, then he has no problems doing all that as well. Bullets would be nothing to him. Batman would be nothing.

But that is obv not the case. IOW, he struggles with slower items. For every Flash/Slade showing, I reckon I can show 5 where he gets tagged. IOW, the Flash showings are outliers, PIS.

Now, turn it around. KK has (NOT) dodged speed lighting, but he HAS tagged Equus (whilst dying). Ultra boy. Mon El.

Has he ever struggled with things/people who were SLOWER? If not, then his showings are NOT PIS.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Here's a thought experiment which should help.

If we take Flash's statement as gospel, then we can extrapolate.

Take Wally's greatest feats (the IMP, evacuating that Korean city, outracing his shadow, outracing Death etc).

Now, if Slade is faster, then he has no problems doing all that as well. Bullets would be nothing to him. Batman would be nothing.

But that is obv not the case. IOW, he struggles with slower items. For every Flash/Slade showing, I reckon I can show 5 where he gets tagged. IOW, the Flash showings are outliers, PIS.

Now, turn it around. KK has (NOT) dodged speed lighting, but he HAS tagged Equus (whilst dying). Ultra boy. Mon El.

Has he ever struggled with things/people who were SLOWER? If not, then his showings are NOT PIS.

Let's just cut to the chase..who do you feel wins this fight? Is there anyone ready to seriously say Deathstroke wins? Remember Superman one time TOTALLY complimented Deathstrokes speed. That is basically like God himself weighing in on it.

DarkSaint85
KK wins.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by cdtm

What's the difference?

It's not PIS and it has never been PIS.

That's just the interpretation of the writer that was wrong. That's all.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
KK wins.

Is it an easy fight? Hard fight?

StiltmanFTW
Yes, they both become and stay hard to the finish...

Surtur
Shows what you know, karate is the only thing that makes Val hard, and thus he is always hard.

beatboks
As Sutur stated DS's reactions are inconsistent at best. For example there is a story I have read somewhere where Slade is being careful fighting Aquaman (ON LAND) because he can tell how fast Arthur is. I mean on the land Aq's best speed feat to my knowledge is a 160 or so MPH (from detroit era league when he easily got somewhere twice as fast as Steel who is 80 MPH)

That's not Flash level. Comparing that to Val who has very few feats to contradict his reactions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.