Cable vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
They battle on board a grounded Star Destroyer.

Who wins?

Surtur
Cable stomps. Wait which version of Cable?

ghostman
cable wrecks vader. his tk feats are better than 99 percent of star wars tk feats

Surtur
I mean I think there are some versions of Cable that were powerless and just had like...a laser gun lol. Maybe Vader could beat that version, but yeah he's killed by any of the versions with powers.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
I mean I think there are some versions of Cable that were powerless and just had like...a laser gun lol.

That's what he is like most of the time. In the cartoon, too.

Battleboards like to forget that stick out tongue

ghostman
Originally posted by Surtur
I mean I think there are some versions of Cable that were powerless and just had like...a laser gun lol. Maybe Vader could beat that version, but yeah he's killed by any of the versions with powers.

true, so is what stiltman said as well, but why would he make such a stomp thread? im sure stoic doesnt do things like that so i just assume its full powered versiions.

deathslash
Cable doesn't use his powers nearly as often as he should and some of his better feats relied heavily on prep and plot device. This also depends on the version of vader. If we go by DarkHorse comics, then he has more feats and powers but isn't as powerful. By the way, what tk feats does cable have that put him so far above Vader and the rest of the star wars universe?

Mindset
Originally posted by deathslash
Cable doesn't use his powers nearly as often as he should and some of his better feats relied heavily on prep and plot device. This also depends on the version of vader. If we go by DarkHorse comics, then he has more feats and powers but isn't as powerful. By the way, what tk feats does cable have that put him so far above Vader and the rest of the star wars universe? Depends on the Cable you're using.

deathslash
Originally posted by Mindset
Depends on the Cable you're using. if we go by the current version, isn't he a lot weaker?

ghostman
Cable doesn't use his powers nearly as often as he should and some of his better feats relied heavily on prep and plot device. This also depends on the version of vader. If we go by DarkHorse comics, then he has more feats and powers but isn't as powerful. By the way, what tk feats does cable have that put him so far above Vader and the rest of the star wars universe?

breaking silvers surfers board, and the entire fight he had with him, atomizing things, rewritting his own dna structure, turning a grape into poison and removing air from an area, rewritting a mans dna and turning him into a batman, turning a soldiers skin into glowing fungus, atomizing a rocket launcher, destroying a warehouse and atomizing all its occupants,vibrating atoms to heat metal, rerouting waterways to flood half the sahara desert, stopping the white blood cell count of every aids victim in africa and wrecking a an entire mountain. he is far above them, the silver surfer fight proved that

DarkSaint85
Woah, context....

Galan007
Legends Vader certainly has the feats/accolades to contend with most versions of Cable... He once force-choked Xizor from literally half a galaxy away, for example.

Current/Disney Vader doesn't yet have the TK pedigree to contend with Cable, however.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Woah, context.... How would context change anything?

ghostman
Originally posted by Galan007
Legends Vader certainly has the feats/accolades to contend with most versions of Cable... He once force-choked Xizor from literally half a galaxy away, for example.

Current/Disney Vader doesn't yet have the TK pedigree to contend with Cable, however.

jesus ****ing christ laughing laughing thats kind of why i said 99 percent. I remember there was a story where a Sith caused two orbiting stars to crash into each other to destroy a fleet of enemies or something along those lines.

Surtur
It's pretty awesome playing as Darth Vader in the Force Unleashed videogame. I...have nothing else to add.

deathslash
Originally posted by Galan007

Current/Disney Vader doesn't yet have the TK pedigree to contend with Cable, however. didn't the current vader casually force wave away an entire squad of attack ships? He also stopped and lifted an at-at.

StiltmanFTW
Standard Cable got wtfpwned by CLASSIC Vulture. Non-rejevunated, non-amped.

But standard Cable has also got some nice feats... so he could be a match for the OT Vader...

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ghostman
jesus ****ing christ laughing laughing thats kind of why i said 99 percent. I remember there was a story where a Sith caused two orbiting stars to crash into each other to destroy a fleet of enemies or something along those lines.
Yeah. Old EU feats were pretty awesome. My fav was the one explaining why Jedi shouldn't "Fall in love" where two force using brothers got pissy over the same girl and caused the planet to explode.

didn't the current vader casually force wave away an entire squad of attack ships? He also stopped and lifted an at-at.

He also took on the ENTIRE Rebel Alliance by himself.....and WON!!!!!!!!

AlmightyKfish
This so very much depends on the version of Cable we're using.

God-Cable almost certainly wins easily, he was on a level above any Star Wars characters actually get to (other than maybe Legends Luke, depending on the story).

Cable with limited Tp/Tk probably loses. I mean Gillen's Vader series recently has shown how incredibly effective Vader is when he tries. Literally every enemy that has tried to fight him individually has been brutally stomped. It very much shows why everyone was/should be scared to death of him in the SW galaxy.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

And on Vader's.

StiltmanFTW
Anyway, it should either be banned... or announced to be allowed.

Are Disney's SW threads allowed?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

God-Cable almost certainly wins easily, he was on a level above any Star Wars characters actually get to (other than maybe Legends Luke, depending on the story).

Cable with limited Tp/Tk probably loses. I mean Gillen's Vader series recently has shown how incredibly effective Vader is when he tries. Literally every enemy that has tried to fight him individually has been brutally stomped. It very much shows why everyone was/should be scared to death of him in the SW galaxy.

Btw.

Visit us more often. Fish.

Stoic
Average powered versions of both characters. I really didn't think that this was a stomp on either side. I did think that Vader would win though, but that's just me.

deathslash
I see vader winning more often than not. Cable doesn't use his tk often enough to say that he'd use it at the start of the fight, vader's sabre, armor, reflexes, and usage of the force should negate a great deal of cable's ranged attacks, and vader should hold a pretty heavy advantage in close combat.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
How would context change anything?

It changes the version being used.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.