Gladiator vs thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Genii96
Gladiator vs thor odinson with mjonir
Who wins?

Sin I AM
Redundancy

ghostman
anybody else prefer a bush to clean shaven?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ghostman

👋

carver9
Thor wins.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Thor wins.

Based on?

ghostman
Originally posted by Sin I AM
👋
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/alphaspartan/MARTY_zpsza99gy1a.gif

ghostman
Thor wins.

ima have to disagree.

Sin I AM
ima have to disagree.

Me too. Kallark has nanosecond reaction fts. He shits on Thor

Surtur
To be fair there was that one time Gladiator was fighting Thor and decidedly to literally just stop and strike a pose during their fight lol. So maybe that happens here and Thor can get in a good hit?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
To be fair there was that one time Gladiator was fighting Thor and decidedly to literally just stop and strike a pose during their fight lol. So maybe that happens here and Thor can get in a good hit?

Doubtful. Thor gets blitzed. His only saving grace is mjolnir

TethAdamTheRock
Stalemate with Mljonir and Lightning powers, without it he gets crushed

Khazra Reborn

thumb down

ghostman
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
thumb down

https://boxden.com/smilies/YtTi990.png

Khazra Reborn
https://boxden.com/smilies/YtTi990.png

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17f8070g6rgbwgif/original.gif

Horrificus
Thor wins.

And, when it happens on-panel, i will meet u guys back here so u can bask in the glory of my sparkly wisdom, while u crawl through the dung of your own misled beliefs.

smile

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor wins.

And, when it happens on-panel, i will meet u guys back here so u can bask in the glory of my sparkly wisdom, while u crawl through the dung of your own misled beliefs.

smile

Without the hammer? For me it would almost be like imagining Hercules beating Gladiator but without weather control, which really shouldn't be much of a hindrance to Gladiator.

Warrior Madness
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Stalemate with Mljonir and Lightning powers, without it he gets crushed

Basically this.

EcstaticGrace

Clean spitting out hairs grows tiresome

RealityWarper
can go either way.

/thread

Glorificus
Gladiator.

Surtur
I'm surprised since usually this is about the time the "Thor has FTL reflexes" people come out.

Sin I AM
I'm surprised since usually this is about the time the "Thor has FTL reflexes" people come out.

Who said he has ftl reflexes?

Surtur
Who said he has ftl reflexes?

You have not seen any of the Thor speed debates? That essentially come down to saying Thor isn't really someone who can run around at super speed like Flash or Superman, but that he is someone who can at least react to them.

Sin I AM
You have not seen any of the Thor speed debates? That essentially come down to saying Thor isn't really someone who can run around at super speed like Flash or Superman, but that he is someone who can at least react to them.

Well u do know reaction soeed and running speed are two different scenarios right

Surtur
Well u do know reaction soeed and running speed are two different scenarios right

You literally just quoted me talking about the difference between reaction and running so yes. The point I was basically making is I am surprised people are not saying Thor will be able to react in time to do "insert something he does with his hammer" to Gladiator before Gladiator can KO him.

celeyhyga17
Because it's a forgone conclusion that Thor wins.

Sin I AM
You literally just quoted me talking about the difference between reaction and running so yes. The point I was basically making is I am surprised people are not saying Thor will be able to react in time to do "insert something he does with his hammer" to Gladiator before Gladiator can KO him.

Oh...hmmm. Well you have to look at it from a different perspective. He's never been blitzed. Even those ridiculously faster than him like say Surfer have yet to use their superior speed for a definitive win. So you reach a couple conclusions either he's just as fast (unlikely) has reflexes to match (more likely) or they are jobbing ( possibility) u gotta suspend belief. I dont know. Honestly unless you're a flash the speed advantage is moot. Its never used like ever. I mean think of all the slow bricks that compete with people super fast Grundy, Hulk, Cain, Thing, General etc etc...its just a cheap way to say someone wins simply because they are fast

Surtur
Oh...hmmm. Well you have to look at it from a different perspective. He's never been blitzed. Even those ridiculously faster than him like say Surfer have yet to use their superior speed for s definitive win. So you reach a couple conclusions either he's just as fast (unlikely) has reflexes to match (more likely) or they are jobbing ( possibility) u gotta suspend belief. I dont know. Hinestly2unless you're a flash the speed advantage is moot. Its never used like ever. I mean think of all the slow bricks that compete with people super fast Grundy, Hulk, Cain, Thing, General etc etc...its just a cheap way to say someone wins simply because they are fast

So you don't think Thor is quick enough to react to Gladiator? I mean I don't think he is either.

CosmicComet

Reaction time is a length of time to react to a stimulus. E.g. seconds, milliseconds, etc.

Physical speed is physical speed. Speed meaning distance/time, of course.

There is of course short burst speeds, and long distance speeds, but they are interconnected, and the former is not orders of magnitude faster than the latter.

You can't have FTL short burst speeds and maybe Formula 1 speed level distance speed.

Your muscles aren't millions of times faster than...your own muscles.

Sin I AM
So you don't think Thor is quick enough to react to Gladiator? I mean I don't think he is either.

Which Thor?

Jane would own him. Her relationship with Mjolnir seems more intimate more finesse driven. She's running on feminism and marvels attempt at changing the status quo. Shed never lose to a knock off. I mean look at the shits she's done with the hammer that odinson hasnt.

Thor Odinson. This is a more equal fight. He's less than he was. With the ax he would take a few. But if he were to get disarmed hed be in trouble.

Classic Thor. The one everyone thinks of when you hear the name Thor would wreck Gladiator. Hes marvels superman. He has the feats to back any win over gladiator. Yea he has lows but his highs dwarf everything in Gladiators handbook.

So take it as you will.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Reaction time is a length of time to react to a stimulus. E.g. seconds, milliseconds, etc.

Physical speed is physical speed. Speed meaning distance/time, of course.

There is of course short burst speeds, and long distance speeds, but they are interconnected, and the former is not orders of magnitude faster than the latter.

You can't have FTL short burst speeds and maybe Formula 1 speed level distance speed.

Your muscles aren't millions of times faster than...your own muscles.

You're using real life shit to explain comics when you should be using comics to explain comics

celeyhyga17
Lol Comics

Surtur
Which Thor?

Jane would own him. Her relationship with Mjolnir seems more intimate more finesse driven. She's running on feminism and marvels attempt at changing the status quo. Shed never lose to a knock off. I mean look at the shits she's done with the hammer that odinson hasnt.

Thor Odinson. This is a more equal fight. He's less than he was. With the ax he would take a few. But if he were to get disarmed hed be in trouble.

Classic Thor. The one everyone thinks of when you hear the name Thor would wreck Gladiator. Hes marvels superman. He has the feats to back any win over gladiator. Yea he has lows but his highs dwarf everything in Gladiators handbook.

So take it as you will.

But earlier you said Gladiator would beat Thor, but now you seem to be saying the opposite.

h1a8
You're using real life shit to explain comics when you should be using comics to explain comics

Comics are based off real life logic though. Otherwise, it's impossible to debate anything if we can't use real logic. I can argue that Captain America is stronger than full powered Tyrant and get away with it.

celeyhyga17
Umm no.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
Comics are based off real life logic though. Otherwise, it's impossible to debate anything if we can't use real logic. I can argue that Captain America is stronger than full powered Tyrant and get away with it.

No thats just your dumb ass logic.

But earlier you said Gladiator would beat Thor, but now you seem to be saying the opposite.

He can beat Thor. It's a definitive possibility. Just not for the reasons people mentioned

CosmicComet

It's merely a showing of bankrupt logic.

This 'combat speed' fallacy is some idiotic shit peddled by people who support characters without super speed but wish they had it. They can't have their cake, but still want a slice.

"He's super fast! But not really...But he really is!"

Which really boils down to creating a situation where the 'super speed reaction/slow movement speed' character has to see his own self in slow motion since he can't actually move fast.

Thor vs Quicksilver, in a 100 meter dash race. Let's say if Thor loses the race, Earth blows up, so he has reason to run as fast as he can. That's a short distance, so that's definitely a burst speed situation. QS wins. No questions right? Right. No questions. Quicksilver ran from the east coast to the west coast in seconds flat, which Thor will never do.

Let's say Thor has a fight with Gladiator. Since the claim is Thor has FTL speeds, then let's say the fight takes place in nanoseconds. (light moves only 1 foot in a nanosecond). Let's say Thor sidesteps and dodges Gladiator several times, and the fight takes place across 10 nanoseconds.

Let's say in that 10 nanoseconds of fight time, Gladiator and Thor move around a total of 100 feet or so. So they are moving an average of 10 times the speed of light during their fight. Is that reasonable to you?

If it is, then why the **** wouldn't Thor easily be able to overtake QS in a straight 100 meter dash?

Does his brain have an automatic switch that makes his muscles switch between Barry Allen mode and Wolverine mode depending on if its a fight or not?

It's idiocy at its finest.

You can't have super reactions, without having superspeed. Period. They are the same damn thing. Comics just have people with superspeed job to people without it often, that's not the same as actually being fast, that's having plot help you, which does not aid you in a forum fight.

The only exceptions I can think of are robots that are specifically programmed as such. Robocop for example, can catch bullets out of the air with his fingers, and even shoot bullets out of the air with his own. Yet his movement speed is human level.

Since he is not an organic being with muscles that work in proportion to each other, this is fine. It just means his arms are engineered and programmed to work fast, but his legs are not.

DarkSaint85
Also, Robocop is......fictional.

celeyhyga17
He has superspeed. Not sure why you're rationalizing comics, but not everyone who has superspeed goes around running around like Flash.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also, Robocop is......fictional.

NOW you're telling me?!

DarkSaint85
Lol. Well, the point still remains.

He's prepared to accept that Robocop, a fictional construct, can have rules in place that makes him fast in reactions, but slow in travel.

But can't accept that they can't be equal in comics? Hmm.

I mean, comics HAVE already said something related. Who's faster, Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee?

I know who wrote it. I know there are interviews out there blah blah blah. But it happened, in a canon comic. We cannot ignore it.

Rao Kal El
For those who like to ignore physics. I will held you accountable next time you want to quantify a feat.

That is Carver level logic.

And here I will go with Thor, just because Glads is an idiot and he is a c lister character who has no one worth to mention under his belt, even though he should win because of the speed advantage.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
For those who like to ignore physics. I will held you accountable next time you want to quantify a feat.

That is Carver level logic.

And here I will go with Thor, just because Glads is an idiot and he is a c lister character who has no one worth to mention under his belt, even though he should win because of the speed advantage.
Who's ignoring physics?

TethAdamTheRock
It's merely a showing of bankrupt logic.

This 'combat speed' fallacy is some idiotic shit peddled by people who support characters without super speed but wish they had it. They can't have their cake, but still want a slice.

"He's super fast! But not really...But he really is!"

Which really boils down to creating a situation where the 'super speed reaction/slow movement speed' character has to see his own self in slow motion since he can't actually move fast.

. Ares, he can perceive speedster but not react to them. His mind is faster than his body.

TethAdamTheRock
The same way that black Adam can hit flash, by timing it

TethAdamTheRock
Won't stop them from getting blitz though but it won't be completely impossible to tag them

TethAdamTheRock
It would be like 1 punch vs 20

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Who's ignoring physics?

Not sure why you're rationalizing comics,

stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Who's ignoring physics?

Yea i peeped that too...comparing anyone to carver is bad form

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
It would be like 1 punch vs 20

U got a issue number where someone blitzed at a 20 to 1 ratio? Love to read that

carver9
Carver is the best person to be compared too.

DarkSaint85
Carver is the best person to be compared too.

I don't point spelling mistakes out...but considering the post, this is hilarious.

carver9
I don't point spelling mistakes out...but considering the post, this is hilarious.

The truth can be funny sometimes. I was giggling when I typed it.

DarkSaint85
I can imagine it.

Were you wearing those sexy little shorts as well?

StiltmanFTW
^

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/5095562+_affe6cc7cb14c9b128815000e6ac2b3f.gif

zopzop
Incredibly, Gladiator's best showings against Thor come from alt reality versions of Glads.

In the Black Celestial story arc in the 90s Fantastic Four issues, Gladiator (from the future) had some damn impressive showings.

An exhausted Gladiator sensed Reed and crew (the FF + Thor + Iron Man) stealing tech from a Shi'ar outpost. He did this from HUNDREDS of light years away WHILE Reed and his friends were moving at HYPER speeds (some tech Reed equipped them with).

Gladiator covers that distance in moments and engages Thor and the rest of the FF. The fight is stopped before it got to serious (they were fighting near Shi'ar nukes).
http://s32.postimg.org/u277wtdzl/4542110_fantastic_four_339_1_time_frozen.jpg http://s32.postimg.org/k664x687l/4542109_fantastic_four_339_2_gladiator_sees_ff.jpg http://s32.postimg.org/5xb3suj2p/4542103_fantastic_four_339_3_gladiator_engages.jpg http://s32.postimg.org/4c0fery8h/4542102_fantastic_four_339_4_gladiator_engages.jpg http://s32.postimg.org/6a73crqq9/4542100_fantastic_four_339_4.jpg http://s32.postimg.org/5r6lh8opd/4542099_fantastic_four_339_5.jpg

Then there's the time Gladiator schooled Masterson Thor and then just stood there like an idiot instead of finishing off the fight. And another time an alt reality (future) version of Gladiator humiliated Thor and he was saved by Tarene (or whatever her name is).

abhilegend
He has superspeed. Not sure why you're rationalizing comics, but not everyone who has superspeed goes around running around like Flash.
facepalm

Name one character that has superspeed but can't run fast.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Stoic
Without the hammer? For me it would almost be like imagining Hercules beating Gladiator but without weather control, which really shouldn't be much of a hindrance to Gladiator. maybe.

But, come on! That was a great post! big grin

CosmicComet
Lol. Well, the point still remains.

He's prepared to accept that Robocop, a fictional construct, can have rules in place that makes him fast in reactions, but slow in travel.

But can't accept that they can't be equal in comics? Hmm.

I mean, comics HAVE already said something related. Who's faster, Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee?

I know who wrote it. I know there are interviews out there blah blah blah. But it happened, in a canon comic. We cannot ignore it.

Who said anything about comics as a separated form of fiction?

It makes no sense for an organic being to have orders of magnitude faster movement speed 'in a fight' vs movement speed in a run. The exact same muscles are being used, and your muscles can't be orders of magnitudes faster than your own muscles. That's the idiotic statement that would have to be passively agreed to.

You can't just hand-wave everything with 'its fiction', else we would never use terms like PIS or CIS in the first place.

I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, for example some characters automatically gain stat amps when they are fighting.

And I can't believe people have yet to understand the Bruce Lee vs Usain Bolt comparison for what it really is.

Two high level human athletes (and thus their perception speed is equivalent), who have muscle memory specialized for two different activities (though both activities are anaerobic/fast twitch dominant). One for fighting, and one for sprinting. In relative terms there may be a big difference between their capabilities, but in absolute terms, there isn't. Both are in the same range. The human range.

Usain Bolt wouldn't have the natural ingrained reactions to an incoming punch, so he won't move or counter with as much efficiency, but he could obviously train to overcome that and get better. Could he be as great a fighter as Bruce Lee? It's possible. Hell he could be better. We don't know his intangibles (heart, chin, how fast he learns and adapts etc), but he has the physical requirements down. Fast twitch muscles are a god-send for fight potential. See Ali and Roy Jones Jr.

If you simply ask Bolt to throw the most basic punch ever, as fast as he can (a jab), then most likely his jab would actually be faster or at least as fast as Lee's. Partly because Usain Bolt is a fast-twitch God, and partly because his limbs are longer than Lee's so his fist will likely be traveling at a greater speed. Simple physics on that.

Will his jab be as *quick* to be thrown at as Lee's? Obviously no, he will have some wasted motion and telegraphing in the start up, but the end speed won't change.

On the other hand, Bruce Lee no matter how much he trained, would ever be as fast as Usain Bolt at his peak. That's just biology.

Usain Bolt is like ~27 mph. On average more like 23. Bruce Lee, might be able to run 13.

But, the main thing is that their perception speed is equivalent, being human.

27 mph would feel roughly the same to both of them (it would feel somewhat faster to Lee since he is shorter).

If Usain Bolt's was perception speed was so much better than Lee's that his 27mph felt like only 13 mph does to Lee though, then he'd whoop Lee no matter how much muscle memory Lee has built up in fighting.

He'd see Lee moving in relative slow motion.

But he doesn't. 27 mph is still 27 mph, to both of them.

The Usain Bolt/Bruce Lee comparison was used for two speedsters. Superman and WW. That just means they are in the same 'range', but that Superman has greater raw speed and Wonder Woman is better trained as a fighter and thus less wasted motion.

It is not some kind of "Gotcha!" analogy that can explain how someone immensely slower than Quicksilver (which Thor is) can fight someone orders of magnitude faster than Quicksilver (which Gladiator is).

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

Karate Kid and Aquaman are two characters that come to mind in most mediums.

They can react and process things way faster then they could move running.

Rao Kal El
^^^ thumb up

celeyhyga17
facepalm

Correction. It's characters that have superspeed, but don't usually run fast. In comics, you can have or exhibit tremendous super speed and not usually be portrayed as a speedster through the movement of your lower limbs or travel around everywhere with the style of a Flash or Quicksilver.

The idea of forcing specific a set of rules through rationalization or the use of real life physics just to identify whether one has superspeed is not only narrow minded, but quite frankly silly. I mean this is comics after all. A medium that is not only saturated with pseudo science, but also employs various story telling styles. Like CosmicComet said, "It's idiocy at its finest".

But to answer your question, here's a few who would fall in the has superspeed even though they don't go zipping around like a traditional speedster category.

Nova(Sam)
Doomsday
Mangog
Angela
Spectrum
Ray

Heck in The Kingdom, Gog was heavily implied to have movement in the nanoseconds. On panel he was able to perceive and react to an on coming Flash attack, but even he is never depicted zipping around blitzing everybody like a Flash.

Should I continue?

Sin I AM
Its pointless

abhilegend
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Karate Kid and Aquaman are two characters that come to mind in most mediums.

They can react and process things way faster then they could move running.
They do not have superspeed.

abhilegend
Correction. It's characters that have superspeed, but don't usually run fast. In comics, you can have or exhibit tremendous super speed and not usually be portrayed as a speedster through the movement of your lower limbs or travel around everywhere with the style of a Flash or Quicksilver.

The idea of forcing specific a set of rules through rationalization or the use of real life physics just to identify whether one has superspeed is not only narrow minded, but quite frankly silly. I mean this is comics after all. A medium that is not only saturated with pseudo science, but also employs various story telling styles. Like CosmicComet said, "It's idiocy at its finest".

But to answer your question, here's a few who would fall in the has superspeed even though they don't go zipping around like a traditional speedster category.

Nova(Sam)
Doomsday
Mangog
Angela
Spectrum
Ray

Except they do. Doomsday has outright blitzed people running on foot.

So have Monica and Ray. Mangog doesn't has superspeed.

The fact that he was able to perceive Flash and Rip in nanoseconds tell us where he has in speed. Or you sure about that?

By all means do. Its always amusing to see you flail.

celeyhyga17
Except they do. Doomsday has outright blitzed people running on foot.

So have Monica and Ray. Mangog doesn't has superspeed.

The fact that he was able to perceive Flash and Rip in nanoseconds tell us where he has in speed. Or you sure about that?

By all means do. Its always amusing to see you flail.
Lol... No one is claiming they don't.

Doomsday hit people and Booster Gold made a comment that he was faster than Flash.

Monica and Ray are never depicted landing blows in the hundreds or running from place to place at super speed.

So Mangog has no superspeed even though he is able to hit Thor with multiple blows at such a speed that a highly advanced alien AI whose sole purpose is to record events is unable to tally the amount with its instruments...
erm
http://i.imgur.com/o2qone5.jpg

Why did you repeat what I said about Kingdom Gog?

abhilegend
Lol... No one is claiming they don't.

Doomsday hit people and Booster Gold made a comment that he was faster than Flash.

Superman straight up says he needs to go faster than usual to match Doomsday.

That's better proof of superspeed than anything Thor has.

They both have done things at superspeed. Monica has run on foot. Ray has painted Metron's symbol all over Earth at superspeed.

So Mangog has no superspeed even though he is able to hit Thor with multiple blows at such a speed that a highly advanced alien AI whose sole purpose is to record events is unable to tally the amount with its instruments...
erm
http://i.imgur.com/o2qone5.jpg

Yes. You should show the fastest scene Recorder has recorded.

Well, go on. I'll wait.
That his appearances were not of a speedster? He had absorbed the power of dozen of superheroes with superspeed.

He didn't act like one but that doesn't means he wasn't a speedster or lacked the ability to do so.

Bolo Yueng
Kingdom Gog displays superspeed at least once in the Kingdom.

EcstaticGrace
They do not have superspeed.

Examples of Aquaman charging at people with Superspeed, perceiving people with Superspeed and reacting to people would disagree with you.

Example of Karate Kid's dancing around Kryptonians and Daxamites

carver9
Hawkman also perceived Flash moving at super speed.

EcstaticGrace
Hawkman also perceived Flash moving at super speed.

Another good example of a character with Superspeed but can't run at those said speeds.

abhilegend
Examples of Aquaman charging at people with Superspeed, perceiving people with Superspeed and reacting to people would disagree with you.

Example of Karate Kid's dancing around Kryptonians and Daxamites
Uh, what? Arthur doesn't has superspeed. Rhino can charge up to 100 mph and above too. I'm not going to call him a Speedster.

For Val, it's all space karate. As ridiculous as that is.

EcstaticGrace
Uh, what? Arthur doesn't has superspeed. Rhino can charge up to 100 mph and above too. I'm not going to call him a Speedster.

For Val, it's all space karate. As ridiculous as that is.

Pre-Crisis Aquaman was suggested as faster then Superman while swimming and Superman at points couldn't react to him when flying by his own admission. Pre-Crisis Aquaman could also trail a flying Wonder Woman by his own statement and suggested this to be true when he followed her to Paradise Island despite not knowing where it was. By logic that would imply his perception works at super fast levels.

Yet I've yet to see him run at speeds he can swim at but he is able to charge at superspeed whether straightforward like in TOA at Wonder Woman or upwards in the air.

Faster on land

http://imgur.com/a/vPvnu

Can trail a flying Wonder Woman

http://imgur.com/3AozaVD

Lands a punch on Superman

http://imgur.com/GHLeATf

Reacts to Wonder Woman

http://imgur.com/5Ga3qVy

Notices a Wally clone's movements while engaged in his own fight

http://i.imgur.com/oap7u7w.jpg

Suprsises a running Barry Allen

http://i.imgur.com/BUkMAOm.jpg

Reflexively forms a fist at a running Barry Allen

http://imgur.com/yVCId3m

Keeping up with Speedsters

http://imgur.com/a/ipe99

Even Mera has a feat from sea level to above the clouds where she's jumping onto a Hypersonic Airplane.

EcstaticGrace
Other forms of media

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5041837-4764872-4430931-2232983867-44309.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5041715-tumblr_o1daak7aue1san35lo5_400.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5041792-ul5uid.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5097645-9ddk93.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5097646-1nwjqd.gif

And that's him acting at speeds faster then he can run

Horrificus
Who said anything about comics as a separated form of fiction?

It makes no sense for an organic being to have orders of magnitude faster movement speed 'in a fight' vs movement speed in a run. The exact same muscles are being used, and your muscles can't be orders of magnitudes faster than your own muscles. That's the idiotic statement that would have to be passively agreed to.

You can't just hand-wave everything with 'its fiction', else we would never use terms like PIS or CIS in the first place.

I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, for example some characters automatically gain stat amps when they are fighting.

And I can't believe people have yet to understand the Bruce Lee vs Usain Bolt comparison for what it really is.

Two high level human athletes (and thus their perception speed is equivalent), who have muscle memory specialized for two different activities (though both activities are anaerobic/fast twitch dominant). One for fighting, and one for sprinting. In relative terms there may be a big difference between their capabilities, but in absolute terms, there isn't. Both are in the same range. The human range.

Usain Bolt wouldn't have the natural ingrained reactions to an incoming punch, so he won't move or counter with as much efficiency, but he could obviously train to overcome that and get better. Could he be as great a fighter as Bruce Lee? It's possible. Hell he could be better. We don't know his intangibles (heart, chin, how fast he learns and adapts etc), but he has the physical requirements down. Fast twitch muscles are a god-send for fight potential. See Ali and Roy Jones Jr.

If you simply ask Bolt to throw the most basic punch ever, as fast as he can (a jab), then most likely his jab would actually be faster or at least as fast as Lee's. Partly because Usain Bolt is a fast-twitch God, and partly because his limbs are longer than Lee's so his fist will likely be traveling at a greater speed. Simple physics on that.

Will his jab be as *quick* to be thrown at as Lee's? Obviously no, he will have some wasted motion and telegraphing in the start up, but the end speed won't change.

On the other hand, Bruce Lee no matter how much he trained, would ever be as fast as Usain Bolt at his peak. That's just biology.

Usain Bolt is like ~27 mph. On average more like 23. Bruce Lee, might be able to run 13.

But, the main thing is that their perception speed is equivalent, being human.

27 mph would feel roughly the same to both of them (it would feel somewhat faster to Lee since he is shorter).

If Usain Bolt's was perception speed was so much better than Lee's that his 27mph felt like only 13 mph does to Lee though, then he'd whoop Lee no matter how much muscle memory Lee has built up in fighting.

He'd see Lee moving in relative slow motion.

But he doesn't. 27 mph is still 27 mph, to both of them.

The Usain Bolt/Bruce Lee comparison was used for two speedsters. Superman and WW. That just means they are in the same 'range', but that Superman has greater raw speed and Wonder Woman is better trained as a fighter and thus less wasted motion.

It is not some kind of "Gotcha!" analogy that can explain how someone immensely slower than Quicksilver (which Thor is) can fight someone orders of magnitude faster than Quicksilver (which Gladiator is). Thor wins.

celeyhyga17
Superman straight up says he needs to go faster than usual to match Doomsday.

That's better proof of superspeed than anything Thor has.
And yet we don't see Doomsday zipping around leaving after images... Get it?

They both have done things at superspeed. Monica has run on foot. Ray has painted Metron's symbol all over Earth at superspeed.
No shiet. I am not saying that they don't have superspeed.

Oh btw regarding Monica. Are you talking about the race? She was actually floating more than running and was disqualified.

Yes. You should show the fastest scene Recorder has recorded.

Well, go on. I'll wait.
Huh? This is silly. It's an advanced ai that can calculate things like a supercomputer. For example, it was able to tally an actual amount of Rigellians who died instantly from an explosion that Mangog caused. The figure was like 12,216 dead dying in an instant. It was also able to calculate that 50% of Rigel's population had perished in 11.2 seconds caused by a massive radiation wave from Thanos's ship and only 12% were remaining by the time 24.2 seconds elapsed.

On panel he's recorded things that happened in the space of a second and in the space of a heartbeat.
He can also play back things he has recorded for even better analysis. His highly advanced sensors can also detect things that are not in front of him..

It's almost like asking can WBH push a planet, but have people say he can't because he never did it on panel even though he has feats that surpass it. Come on man...

That his appearances were not of a speedster? He had absorbed the power of dozen of superheroes with superspeed.

He didn't act like one but that doesn't means he wasn't a speedster or lacked the ability to do so.
Lol... Exactly.

Look at what I said originally.

"It's characters that have superspeed, but don't usually run fast. In comics, you can have or exhibit tremendous super speed and not usually be portrayed as a speedster through the movement of your lower limbs or travel around everywhere with the style of a Flash or Quicksilver."

abhilegend
Pre-Crisis Aquaman was suggested as faster then Superman while swimming and Superman at points couldn't react to him when flying by his own admission.

Issue number please.

That's a leap of logic if I ever saw one.

Are these supposed to be speed feat? He lands a punch on Superman who was not expecting it? Surprising Barry?

I can better speed feats from Rogues.

abhilegend
Other forms of media

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5041837-4764872-4430931-2232983867-44309.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5041715-tumblr_o1daak7aue1san35lo5_400.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5041792-ul5uid.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5097645-9ddk93.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111244877/5097646-1nwjqd.gif

And that's him acting at speeds faster then he can run
facepalm

abhilegend
And yet we don't see Doomsday zipping around leaving after images... Get it?

We don't?

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=ac825_js_12_zps4f1bfeb6.jpg

What's that? Oh yes, Doomsday zipping around blitzing people.

She was moving her legs but they were not touching the line.

That's not fast by any computer's range. If he takes seconds to calculate that. he is a shitty AI.

That's supposed to be fast?

And?

I'm just asking for speed feats for this "AI".

This is a mental calculation feat.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/supercomputer1.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/supercomputer2.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/supercomputer3.jpg

Your desperation to give Thor super speed is noted and disregarded.

Tell us more about lightspeed Thor though. That never gets old.

EcstaticGrace
Issue number please.

That's a leap of logic if I ever saw one.

Are these supposed to be speed feat? He lands a punch on Superman who was not expecting it? Surprising Barry?

I can better speed feats from Rogues.

Superman has super reaction. He was looking at the direction Arthur was coming out of with the "What was that" statement and Batman explains what he hit Arthur with. Aquaman comes out of the fire talking before he hits Superman who was behind Wonder Woman and Batman. So he charged at him before a reaction.

He later Reacts to Wonder Woman's lasso and then charges her in the page after.

It's more you downplaying several instances because your logic went from being questionable to being proved wrong..

Aquaman's been able to process/perceive the movements of speedsters, react to Speedsters and keep up with Speedsters while swimming. Yet he can't run at those speeds. You suggested characters haven't been shown to have super speed without being to run at said speeds a lot of the stuff I posted disagrees.

It's cute how you ignore the fact Barry is running at Superspeed above water or the scan of him swimming next to characters running at super speed.

EcstaticGrace
facepalm

Facepalm all you want maybe it will start some movement up there but those are examples of reacting and acting at speeds pretty fast without being shown to run at those said speeds.

abhilegend
Superman has super reaction. He was looking at the direction Arthur was coming out of with the "What was that" statement and Batman explains what he hit Arthur with. Aquaman comes out of the fire talking before he hits Superman who was behind Wonder Woman and Batman. So he charged at him before a reaction.

Maybe it comes as a surprise for you but Superman doesn't always expect punches from his friends.

Arthur couldn't surprise a weakened Superman recently.

Duh. Is that supposed to be impressive? He can run in a straight line for bullcharging?

Rogues do that all the time. Even Deathstroke does.

I'm not going to call them speedsters.

They have enhanced reflexes than normal humans, that's it.

And He gets surprised by Arthur coming out of nowhere and still dodges him?

Yeah, that's a speed feat for Aquaman.

facepalm

abhilegend
Facepalm all you want maybe it will start some movement up there but those are examples of reacting and acting at speeds pretty fast without being shown to run at those said speeds.
Why are we posting stuff from video games as a proof?

EcstaticGrace
Maybe it comes as a surprise for you but Superman doesn't always expect punches from his friends.

Arthur couldn't surprise a weakened Superman recently.

Duh. Is that supposed to be impressive? He can run in a straight line for bullcharging?

Rogues do that all the time. Even Deathstroke does.

I'm not going to call them speedsters.

They have enhanced reflexes than normal humans, that's it.

And He gets surprised by Arthur coming out of nowhere and still dodges him?

Yeah, that's a speed feat for Aquaman.

facepalm

Did you even read the book? When did Superman dodge him? Aquaman sent him flying and Supes was gone for about 6 pages.

The next page shows him charging at Wonder Woman with a light trail color of his chainmale. What do you chalk that up to of not Superspeed.

The Rogues never really often tag Flash directly when running they normally go for area affect I mean when tagging him. Capt. Cold needing a absolute zero forcefield to prevent being tagged. Deathstroke doesn't perceive there movements either he predicts where they'll be I hope the difference is understood.

It has nothing to do with running. Think of charging as building momentum in a leap and then setting off. Instead of jumping upwards he jumps like you suggested more in a straight line going forwards.

I see that you didn't bring up the scans though of Aquaman swimming next to a Flying Superman and Wonder Woman as well as a running Dark Flash. What do you chalk that up to being?

EcstaticGrace
Why are we posting stuff from video games as a proof?

My point was that in other forms of media Aquaman just the same has been presented to react to speedsters.

It was to show its not rare and it made itself present in other forms of media, I wasn't using it to suggest by this alone Aquaman has shown to be a Speedster. That's in the stuff I posted before the media links.

StiltmanFTW

laughing out loud

thumb up

abhilegend
Did you even read the book? When did Superman dodge him? Aquaman sent him flying and Supes was gone for about 6 pages.

Wow, 6 pages? An average Atlantean did that to him by surprise as well. The point was that even he can be surprised.

It's just to boost characters up "OMG, he punched Superman away."

He couldn't do that to a depowered Superman who claimed Arthur was a hundred times stronger than him.

Superman doesn't always operates at superspeed. That's not how the character operates.

Artistic flair? Nearly every street level character has been drawn so.

Wow, so many negatives in one sentence? "Never really often"? What does that even means?

Are you sure you have read anything with Deathstroke?

Because that's straight BS.

I'm not talking about running. I'm talking about doing complex things with speed. Nearly any super-powered character in comics possesses some enhanced reflexes.

That's not the same as having genuine superspeed. You're not going to get a description of Aquaman as a Speedster.

That's not who he is.

Swimming? Fish do that all the time.

I'm not going to call them a Speedster.

thumb up

EcstaticGrace
Wow, 6 pages? An average Atlantean did that to him by surprise as well. The point was that even he can be surprised.

It's just to boost characters up "OMG, he punched Superman away."

He couldn't do that to a depowered Superman who claimed Arthur was a hundred times stronger than him.

Superman doesn't always operates at superspeed. That's not how the character operates.

Artistic flair? Nearly every street level character has been drawn so.

Wow, so many negatives in one sentence? "Never really often"? What does that even means?

Are you sure you have read anything with Deathstroke?

Because that's straight BS.

I'm not talking about running. I'm talking about doing complex things with speed. Nearly any super-powered character in comics possesses some enhanced reflexes.

That's not the same as having genuine superspeed. You're not going to get a description of Aquaman as a Speedster.

That's not who he is.

Swimming? Fish do that all the time.

I'm not going to call them a Speedster.

thumb up

Vulko? Did you read the comic. Superman was right above Vulko there's no charging towards someone your right next to. He punches Superman and then Superman return the next panel. Aquaman punches Superman and then Clark is gone for 6 pages comes back asking where's Batman who got taken down in the previous page.

Aquaman was holding back against Truth Superman. He even told Clark to "take a fall" pretty much saying to feint being KO'd because he didn't want to harm him.

I'll give the Superman doesn't always operate at super speed a pass though but the idea of it being a cheap shot is silly or a surprise attack given Aquaman was talking before he hit Clark.

He's charging above water. To be able to move on top of water requires some quick level of movement.

Look at the image he charged at Wonder Woman she braced in one of the panels for impact but didn't react to said charge showing she saw him coming. The distance is pretty notable that they charged to as well.

I read "Identity Crisis" one of the famed instances of Deaths trow taking on a team of Leaguers. He didn't perceive Wally though he predicted where he was going to go to and had his sword their waiting for Wally. What instance are you speaking of though in deeply curios.

Fish swim at Hypersonic speeds? Or have you ever seen one keep up with a flying Superman and Wonder Woman in a hurry or a running Flash.. By that logic humans run, Dogs run, Deers run what makes Flash special? I'll answer that because I'm trying to prevent some response that comes off a bit silly. It's the speeds he runs at same with Aquaman who doesn't come off running at said speeds but has been shown to move and travel at great speed.

abhilegend
So just as to clear, why are we talking about Aquaman here?

Vulko? Did you read the comic. Superman was right above Vulko there's no charging towards someone your right next to. He punches Superman and then Superman return the next panel. Aquaman punches Superman and then Clark is gone for 6 pages comes back asking where's Batman who got taken down in the previous page.

Maybe you should read the comic? Superman is hone about four or five pages. Just like Ultraman punching him off screen.

It's what Johns does to get Superman out of action.

Heh, reading only parts of the comics, are we?

Yes, like Clark regards Arthur as an enemy who is going to punch him.

Get real.

Below Mach 1.

Yeah, he bullrushed her through a harbor. Rhino has bullrushed at more than 100 mph.

Must be faster than Flash.

You know Slade has like a dozen fights with Flashes, right?

More than almost anything Arthur can claim. To make the claim that it's always anticipation is BS of highest order.

That's sarcasm for you. Superman, Diana or Flash don't go full throttle against Aquaman. When they do, they leave people like Arthur in water.

Pun intended. Speed is not like strength that you can't help but punch at a level only.

A simple sarcasm is too much for you.

Sigh. Aquaman doesn't gets Superman's feats because once he swam while Superman was going really slow. That's not how it works.

Aquaman's best quantified speed feat in a straight line is 20000 feet per second which royally ****ed him up.

Superboy can run faster than that on foot. Heck, Streaky the super cat and Beppo the super monkey can run faster than that.

EcstaticGrace
So just as to clear, why are we talking about Aquaman here?

Maybe you should read the comic? Superman is hone about four or five pages. Just like Ultraman punching him off screen.

It's what Johns does to get Superman out of action.

Heh, reading only parts of the comics, are we?

Yes, like Clark regards Arthur as an enemy who is going to punch him.

Get real.

Below Mach 1.

Yeah, he bullrushed her through a harbor. Rhino has bullrushed at more than 100 mph.

Must be faster than Flash.

You know Slade has like a dozen fights with Flashes, right?

More than almost anything Arthur can claim. To make the claim that it's always anticipation is BS of highest order.

That's sarcasm for you. Superman, Diana or Flash don't go full throttle against Aquaman. When they do, they leave people like Arthur in water.

Pun intended. Speed is not like strength that you can't help but punch at a level only.

A simple sarcasm is too much for you.

Sigh. Aquaman doesn't gets Superman's feats because once he swam while Superman was going really slow. That's not how it works.

Aquaman's best quantified speed feat in a straight line is 20000 feet per second which royally ****ed him up.

Superboy can run faster than that on foot. Heck, Streaky the super cat and Beppo the super monkey can run faster than that.

OK..? so he's gone for one less page... must of been counting the page he got punched it's pretty irrelevant he was gone for a considerable amount of action all the same. Whether it's Johns technique in getting Superman out of the picture or not it happened all the same in the comic doesn't really change that fact.

You do remember why the Trinity showed up in the harbor in TOA right? You do remember that Batman is the one to pull the first move in that instance as well right? There's no reason to assume Aquaman coming out of that Potassium ignition yelling wasn't about to get physical but whatever helps you sleep mate.

It's not the fact that he charged Wonder Woman though it's the fact that she didn't react when he charged her. You'll try to downplay that though and I'm curious to what you'll end up turning it to. "Well Wonder Woman and Aquaman are friends despite her trying to lasso him she wasn't obviously trying to hurt him" I'm expecting some BS like that, right?

Feel free to post any of these fights Slade has with Flash's where he's perceiving and reacting to speedsters rather then predicting where they'll be. I'm aware of Infinite Crisis as a fight that's often brought up but I'm losses with these other ones so I'd be curious to see them especially since your referencing them so much but have yet to provide anything scan wise.
http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/7604/675467-aquamanvsdeathstroke036gr.jpg

What Aquaman can claim is that he moves at speeds fast without running he's actually claimed to be faster on land with the pressure off which makes sense. He's stated as faster then Slade and he's told Slade that his atlantean reflexes were superior to that of his.

I didn't suggest Aquaman = Superman because Aquaman is swimming next to Superman flying who are all in a hurry to get to a meeting. What I suggested is Aquaman is obviously traveling at considerable speeds to keep up given Flash depiction of how he's running. If I did though want to make a comparison though there's the image where they are charging at the villain and Aquaman keeps pace. There's Pre-Crisis Aquaman who Superman had trouble keeping up with at sea and Aquaman stated and showed he was faster at sea there's Pre-Crisis stuff like dodging cloud to ground lightning from Aquaman as well he still doesn't run at those speeds.

In regards to the 20,000 ft per second statement "f..king him up" your aware that water is 832 times more dense then air? In the images it stated he was at pressures equivalent to 800 atmospheres I believe so it's not just the speed screwing him up its the fact he's moving at those speeds under that amount of pressure and strain. He simply got the bubbles in that instance.

abhilegend

OK..? so he's gone for one less page... must of been counting the page he got punched it's pretty irrelevant he was gone for a considerable amount of action all the same. Whether it's Johns technique in getting Superman out of the picture or not it happened all the same in the comic doesn't really change that fact.

Change what fact? That Arthur was able to surprise Superman?

Last I checked Batman is not Superman. So?

Are you really this stupid? He bullrushed her through a harbor by already developed momentum. That's it.

Why and how she didn't try to stop him is irrelevant. That doesn't makes her faster than her.

Rhino can bullrush Spider-Man. Doesn't means he is faster or even as fast.

That's why I said you have never read anything about Deathstroke.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t532260.html

Go there and educate yourself.

Aquaman saying something doesn't means much when Slade made a clown of both him and Hal in the same issue.

Your obsession with inserting Aquaman is reaching disturbing level at this point.

And Slade has been stated to be faster than Flash where it counts.

Aquaman>Slade>Flash.

What's this, comicvine?
Well, obviously you are. In one breath it's Superman is struggling to Keep up with Arthur and then Arthur is not equal to Superman.

Stick to a point.

I want the issue number for that Aquaman pre crisis scene.

You are claiming that Superman, who casually travelled faster than light had trouble keeping up with Aquaman? I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

Yeah and Superman goes around in black holes and stars at lightspeed and beyond.

But nothing like coming out of the water though. That trumps all.

Enough about inserting Aquaman everywhere though. If you want you can create your own thread and wank him there all you want about this Superman level strong, Flash level fast Aquapac.

srsly

abhilegend
A parting gift though.

Originally posted by Yamcha
Excuse the stretch, I've been waiting years for the right time to post this.

http://i60.tinypic.com/6qljeb.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/aonjtf.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/15gb2f.jpg

So fast and strong...............

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

His best battle to date thumb up

DarkSaint85
My wiki says Superboy is class 9000.

StiltmanFTW
Or, more likely, Aquaman is Class... 400 pounds at best stick out tongue

EcstaticGrace
Change what fact? That Arthur was able to surprise Superman?

Last I checked Batman is not Superman. So?

Are you really this stupid? He bullrushed her through a harbor by already developed momentum. That's it.

Why and how she didn't try to stop him is irrelevant. That doesn't makes her faster than her.

Rhino can bullrush Spider-Man. Doesn't means he is faster or even as fast.

That's why I said you have never read anything about Deathstroke.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t532260.html

Go there and educate yourself.

Aquaman saying something doesn't means much when Slade made a clown of both him and Hal in the same issue.

Your obsession with inserting Aquaman is reaching disturbing level at this point.

And Slade has been stated to be faster than Flash where it counts.

Aquaman>Slade>Flash.

What's this, comicvine?
Well, obviously you are. In one breath it's Superman is struggling to Keep up with Arthur and then Arthur is not equal to Superman.

Stick to a point.

I want the issue number for that Aquaman pre crisis scene.

You are claiming that Superman, who casually travelled faster than light had trouble keeping up with Aquaman? I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

Yeah and Superman goes around in black holes and stars at lightspeed and beyond.

But nothing like coming out of the water though. That trumps all.

Enough about inserting Aquaman everywhere though. If you want you can create your own thread and wank him there all you want about this Superman level strong, Flash level fast Aquapac.

srsly

I wish you would use common sense and stop rewording my post. When did I suggest either Aquaman or Slade were faster then Flash. Ironically you stated Slade fought Flash several times and you have yet to provide anything with him perceiving a running Flash and reacting to said running Flash. I didn't suggest Aquaman was on part with a running Flash no character often is really. What I did suggest is Aquaman has reacted to speedsters as well as kept up with them and I provided the showings in scan form.

You tried some silly attempt to suggest Slade > Aquaman in reflex/speed and by statements and even showings that's not true as well.

Already developed momentum? So he did a full 360 retained momentum and charged her? Explain that for me because I'm curious to how you plan on suggesting he used momentum to charge Wonder Woman. It would of been more logical just to ignore the showing since you have no reasoning behind to downcredit it.

Any movement beyond possible human speeds is considered super speed. If Rhino can bullrush Spiderman that doesn't suggest he's as fast it just suggest he's fast enough to tag him. Which is my point with Aquaman which is a weird comparison since Rhino is running and in my examples Aquaman doesnt. Aquaman's fast enough to react/percieve/charge/jump at super speeds he just doesn't run at the speeds he does the other things.

Action Comics 366. Superman notices someone dressed up as him. Saving people at sea. In the issue he looses him because he let a school of fish pass and then when they did Aquaman was completely gone. Superman suggest he's moving at Super speed and even believes he's Kryptonian. It's a comicbook aka fictional world though there's no reason to get worked up about characters capabilities.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/137442/4556873-8767039351-33783.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/137442/4556874-8242240702-33783.jpg

You stated that characters that have superspeed run fast and if they can't they don't have superspeed I simply disagreed and used someone I was knowledgeable about to show you your wrong. It has nothing to do with wanting to bring Aquaman into a thread to be honest I dislike doing it because I usually have one of these arguments with someone making repetitive statements about a character they tend to show they have not much knowledge on.

EcstaticGrace
A parting gift though.

So fast and strong...............

In regards to that issue I excuse it because it's early Post-Crisis Aquaman it happened like Issue 5 or something of his 90s run later in the same storyline he beats up Superboy probably would know that if you read the story... :/

Later in Post-Crisis continuity he gets better feats then that though. Pretty much every character gets better feats over time.

In regards to getting the bends that has nothing to do with durability really it's your oxygen in your body kind of exploding is the best way I can describe it.

abhilegend

Action Comics 366. Superman notices someone dressed up as him. Saving people at sea. In the issue he looses him because he let a school of fish pass and then when they did Aquaman was completely gone. Superman suggest he's moving at Super speed and even believes he's Kryptonian. It's a comicbook aka fictional world though there's no reason to get worked up about characters capabilities.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/137442/4556873-8767039351-33783.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/137442/4556874-8242240702-33783.jpg

Are you ****ing serious with this? Superman slowed down because he didn't want to hurt some fish and that's Superman struggling to keep up with Aquaman?

GTFO.

abhilegend
In regards to that issue I excuse it because it's early Post-Crisis Aquaman it happened like Issue 5 or something of his 90s run later in the same storyline he beats up Superboy probably would know that if you read the story... :/

Later in Post-Crisis continuity he gets better feats then that though. Pretty much every character gets better feats over time.

In regards to getting the bends that has nothing to do with durability really it's your oxygen in your body kind of exploding is the best way I can describe it.
Aquaman didn't become stronger than that.

Yes, because Superboy almost drowned due to lack of air.

Yeah, its his best speed feat till date and random speedsters can get faster than that.

Your flash level aquaman only exists in your head. And on Comicvine I guess.

EcstaticGrace
Aquaman didn't become stronger than that.

Yes, because Superboy almost drowned due to lack of air.

Yeah, its his best speed feat till date and random speedsters can get faster than that.

Your flash level aquaman only exists in your head. And on Comicvine I guess.

He had feats before the instance like fighting Amazo. In Panic in the Sky fighting characters that can go toe to toe with Superman, fighting a monster who absorbed the powers of Superman (Page though), fighting Piscator (1985 Suicide Squad run).

Even after the fact his brief trading blows with Lobo, Oneshotting Olympian, Taking a blast that Ko'd Orion, Even in a later showing holding back Superboy with his hook hand, or overpowering an All-Knowing which one beat up Powergirl.

Then looking at 90s Superboy even his recent Convergence showing going up against KC Superman would suggest he probably got better. So it's a cute attempt to down credit the character based on one early instance where Superboy downs him.

I showed you feats which is more then I can say for you. It's just your ignorance prevailed and you chose to look at whatever you wanted compared to everything else. By the end of the day my point wasnt Aquaman has Flash like speed it's he's showed Superspeed without running at said speed. Which you suggested characters can't do so all together your wrong in a plenty amount of ways.

EcstaticGrace
Are you ****ing serious with this? Superman slowed down because he didn't want to hurt some fish and that's Superman struggling to keep up with Aquaman?

GTFO.

It's suggest Aquaman was long gone after the fish passed and Superman couldn't track him after the fact.

Regardless the scan suggest Superman thought the guy was Kryptonian and even said he was moving at super speed. Something you suggested he couldn't do.

abhilegend
It's suggest Aquaman was long gone after the fish passed and Superman couldn't track him after the fact.

Yes, and? How is that Jim struggling with anything?

He was swimming at superspeed. Which is one of his powers.

Not having superspeed in general.

EcstaticGrace

"Originally posted by abhilegend

Name one character that has superspeed but can't run fast."

Regardless he's stated and writers have stated his muscle movement moves faster on land/air given that he has all that water pressure off him. I've never seen it suggested that super swimming is a superpower of his. It's just he moves at great speeds in that form of mobility same with reacting and leaping. In DC Legends Aquaman had trouble moving on land at first because he felt to light and was trying to keep his feet on the ground.

At best the fish instance shows considerable speed in the fact that Aquaman was long gone afterwards. Faster might be a stretch but Superman believed he was Kryptonian nonetheless with his swimming speed. There's as well the Wonder Woman trailing thing.

Regardless you just suggested he swims at superspeed when originally you were trying to suggest characters that have super speed have to be able to run fast. So all together it's superspeed nonetheless

I don't know why I didn't mention it sooner but Green Lantern is another great example of a character who can move at superspeed but doesn't run at said speeds.

Whether Thor is a Speedster has no interest to me I just didn't agree with the run/superspeed notion and wanted to drop my 2 cents in.

StiltmanFTW

Give it up, abhiman.

You're facing Aquafan Prime here. He'll be the end of us all.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Give it up, abhiman.

You're facing Aquafan Prime here. He'll be the end of us all.
He is as bad as that Blob fanboy we once had.

Pr, restrain your lackey.

stick out tongue

EcstaticGrace
Given I'm the only one providing info supported by comics I'll take that pretty vague. What I find bad though is when people dismiss stuff that happened in a comic simply because they don't like it or it goes against something they stated. Might as well own up admit you were wrong and move on. You know like an adult.

The characters can move fast without being able to run fast was kinda cute though.

StiltmanFTW
He is as bad as that Blob fanboy we once had.

Who was that poster?

I remember golem liked to wank Blob, but you must mean someone else...

Pr, restrain your lackey.

stick out tongue

He is watching him in action and masturbating, I'm sure erm

Mungi and comicfan are just as bad, but at least comicfan realized his mistakes and murdered himself in front of his family.

One_Angry_Scot

I remember golem liked to wank Blob,

Never knew he had such a dark past.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Never knew he had such a dark past.

He was doing it with his lips, even.

One_Angry_Scot
He was doing it with his lips, even.

eek

StiltmanFTW
And yes, he swallowed. Never spat, not even when Blob wanted him to.

Hell, I can find quotes from years ago about golem bragging about Blob's having super-agility in bed...

"He can do a flip"

Man, crazy times on KMC.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370
He could do a flip

Such a perv! sick

abhilegend
Who was that poster?

I remember golem liked to wank Blob, but you must mean someone else...

He is watching him in action and masturbating, I'm sure erm

Mungi and comicfan are just as bad, but at least comicfan realized his mistakes and murdered himself in front of his family.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=93347Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Given I'm the only one providing info supported by comics I'll take that pretty vague. What I find bad though is when people dismiss stuff that happened in a comic simply because they don't like it or it goes against something they stated. Might as well own up admit you were wrong and move on. You know like an adult.

The characters can move fast without being able to run fast was kinda cute though.
Yeah, keep it up. We will get lightspeed Aquaman in no time.

StiltmanFTW
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=93347

We had so many blades, it's hard to keep track...

Fool. Thor is lightspeed. It's obvious that Aquaman is superior to that pussy.

abhilegend
Remember lightspeed pie?

Stuff of legends.

EcstaticGrace
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=93347

There's you showing the ability to read something and process it to something else again. Transmutation of words? Shape-shifting sentences? Warping what I post? Cool power.

Never suggested Aquaman was lightspeed. If we use the logic you tend to be fond of. No character should be lightspeed based on the principle moving faster then light would mean your in darkness and shouldnt be able to see. What I did suggest was Aquaman had speed feats without having to run at superspeed. Same with Green Lantern by the way which I'd like to know what that suggest just because he doesn't run fast?

StiltmanFTW
Remember lightspeed pie?

Stuff of legends.

laughing out loud

Yes.

The worst part is, it was always used by thorbags who were absolutely serious.

And only Balder's blocking speed was mentioned to be lightspeed, anyway... for all we know, Thor might've chucked the pie at the mere bullet speed and Balder just didn't care till the last moment... cuz, y'know, it was just a pie.

Juntai
How did Aquaman end up in this thread. lol.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Juntai

Ahbi suggested characters can't have superspeed if they aren't able to run at superspeed.

I disagreed and brought up a character I knew well to bring up a point and then he turned it to me suggesting Aquaman is lightspeed. You could go through previous pages and get the details yourself.

Green Lantern probably would of been a smarter mention though on my part.

the Darkone
Thor win with and w/o, Thor is more skilled and he has shown he can unleashed devasting attacks without his hammer

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Juntai

https://i.imgflip.com/13lmdv.jpg

EcstaticGrace
https://i.imgflip.com/13lmdv.jpg

I'm flattered.

Genii96
Bump

celeyhyga17
We don't?

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=ac825_js_12_zps4f1bfeb6.jpg

What's that? Oh yes, Doomsday zipping around blitzing people.

You are still not understanding. I'm not saying he doesn't have superspeed. I'm talking about how he is usually depicted. Just like the rest of the characters I listed.

She was moving her legs but they were not touching the line.

She was hovering too much and basically flying because she wasn't touching the track. She was creating little to no friction so no real need for her legs to move fast, hence her disqualification.

That's not fast by any computer's range. If he takes seconds to calculate that. he is a shitty AI.

That's supposed to be fast?
Lol no. He had calculated the amount of what was left of Rigellian population by the time those times hit(11.2 secs and 24.2).

Downplaying Mangog's feat is silly even looking at things on the surface considering what kind of character the Recorder is. You make it seem like he has a human brain or aomething.
erm

The Recorder makes ridiculous pseudo science based probability calculations on a whim. Just to even make these crazy calculations, he usually scans and takes into account all the countless variables in the area. I mean 4,572,368³ is pretty ridiculous.
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2cg2dkg.jpg

He does it all the time.
http://oi68.tinypic.com/292qm4w.jpg

And?

I'm just asking for speed feats for this "AI".

This is a mental calculation feat.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/supercomputer1.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/supercomputer2.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/supercomputer3.jpg

It was to give you further background on his advanced scanning capabilities. Like when he scanned and tracked Thanosi's blast that destroyed a far off planet of 41 billion in mere moments.
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThanos03v225.jpg.html

Look above for calculation feats. Pretty sure Recorder is faster at tallying figures than a human.

Btw it's funny how you always have to shoehorn a Superman scan wherever possible... Lol.

That statement would hold more weight if you had not ran away last time...
erm

abhilegend
You are still not understanding. I'm not saying he doesn't have superspeed. I'm talking about how he is usually depicted.

Yeah, he is depicted as a superfast creature able to blitz people.

She was moving her legs in a classic speedster fashion. So nope.

That's pretty slow.

That's a nice circular logic. But suppose we grant Mangog superspeed based on one showing (which is an outlier), how does it helps Thor who gets blitzed and knocked out?

So he is basically a calculator ? BTW the first scene was a different recorder.

But stating percentage of probability isn't a speed feat.

So?

Are you saying that a calculator is too fast? His brain is fast sure, but can he keep track of anything at superspeed? That's the question

So is a calculator.

Just like you have to apologize for Thor everything. We all have our ticks.

Ran away?

laughing out loud

Thor doesn't has Superspeed. Get it through your thick skull.

Or not, it matters little.

quanchi112
Thor has super reflexes. Thor wins. When he goes all out he downs Gladiator very quickly.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor has super reflexes. Thor wins. When he goes all out he downs Gladiator very quickly. Gladiator has better reflexes and faster movement. He will see Thor moving much slower than himself. He beats Thor in style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.