Force and Destiny: Nexus of Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
So, I bought a $45 book about nexus'. I'm skimming through it at the moment.

Zenwolf
They actually made an entire book on Force Nexus'?...Wow. Kinda weird they keep releasing Legends material...unless these were books already done.

DarthAnt66
The sourcebook states the Sith shrine beneath the Jedi Temple was the reason why the Jedi's minds in the films were clouded.

DarthAnt66
The Revan Mythologies:

Jedi holocron gatekeeper Llia Orpin provides an extensive account of Jedi history, including its possible origins on Tython, via series of fables called "the Revan Mythologies." Unfortunately, the myths fail to provide a precise location for Tython and lack corroborating evidence for its existence, making it difficult for scholars to accept her version of history. Most scholars consider the myths derivative of the Qel-Droma Epics, updated to to better acculturate Jedi younglings of the day.

Many of the stories in the Revan Mythologies feature a mysterious alien species, the Rakata, as the antagonist. The reptilian species is said to have dominated the galaxy using exotic machinery and hyperspace-capable ships that employed the Force as a power source. Jedi heroes in the Revan Mythologies often discover Rakatan devices of astonishing power and were forced to choose between destroying the devices and being corrupted by their power.

Zenwolf
Does it say anything we don't already know?

JKBart
my grandfother was a male whore

Aurbere
We already know that, Bart. We're trying to get new information here. Keep up, please. erm

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The sourcebook states the Sith shrine beneath the Jedi Temple was the reason why the Jedi's minds in the films were clouded.

That seems to contradict accounts that it's Palpatine's doing, which makes more sense given that it begins to happen in the films.

Any mention of Bane?

DarthAnt66
It states Palpatine exploited the nexus and its effects to hide his doings.

No. The only legends characters mentioned are Exar Kun, Ulic-Qel Droma, Odan-Urr, Satele Shan, and Revan, from what I can see.

FreshestSlice
Once again Force and Destiny kicks the Plagueis novel in the nads.

Not that this wasn't already true in Canon.

|King Joker|
Anything regarding Malachor?

JKBart
ur grandfathers were also whores

Nephthys

Lol, seriously?

DarthAnt66
"When the Sith built their shrine on Coruscant, they did so over a powerful light side vergence. This decision was made in an attempt to corrupt the vergence and use its power to fuel dark ties. Their plan worked to a point, and by the time the Jedi took Coruscant and pulled the shrine down, the vergence had become corrupted with dark side energies. The Jedi were well aware of the dark side corruption of the vergence, but believed they could reverse the process and return the vergence to the light side. Thus, they built their new temple atop the foundations of the old Sith shrine. Unfortunately, the Jedi were wrong on this account. Even as they built the temple, a small portion of lingering Sith corruption infused its foundations. The hint of dark side influence may have been enough to cloud the judgement of the Jedi, leaving them vulnerable to the manipulations of Darth Sidious."

SunRazer
When was this shrine built? lol

Beniboybling
Pretty sure this was in Tarkin, it was built when the Sith "ruled the galaxy" and as I recall, Sidious is said to have harnessed its power to cloud their minds.

FreshestSlice
The difference is Force and Destiny is Legends, whereas Tarkin is Canon.

Beniboybling
Assuming it isn't Canon, you say that as if it means something. erm

FreshestSlice
It means Sidious and Plagueis yelling at the Force for a few months is a little less impressive than it was before, which is always a plus.

Beniboybling
Huh? EU continuity doesn't exist anymore my friend, this is not an addition to it. Whether or not this source is gospel Canon, its evidently referring to the new Canon universe.

FreshestSlice
The whole, "Everything from the EU is acceptable," is something I've only seen accepted on forum communities, tbh. Continuity is there to keep stories together. These stories may not be "valid" but they're still in a continuous string of events.

The Ellimist
I just use Leland's previous G/C canon system for Legends.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I just use Leland's previous G/C canon system for Legends.
That system would be a legends source technically so I don't see why it wouldn't apply.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The whole, "Everything from the EU is acceptable," is something I've only seen accepted on forum communities, tbh. Continuity is there to keep stories together. These stories may not be "valid" but they're still in a continuous string of events. OK, but this source still isn't applicable to the Plagueis novel, Disney are only maintaining one continuity now and that's one where the EU "continuity" only exists as Legends i.e. a in-universe conceit where those stories are regarded as myths, which this observation is evidently being made in the contexts of. Not the contexts of Darth Plagueis being part of actual continuity, and the NJO still being a thing.

We can't go and say now that this is a thing for EU/Legends only Palpatine went it isn't. Though granted it would be for any Canon/Legends composite. Certainly it has no bearing on Plagueis as far as he exists in the EU.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Once again Force and Destiny kicks the Plagueis novel in the nads.

Not that this wasn't already true in Canon.
thumb up One of Darth Plagueis' best feats is now gone. laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
OK, but this source still isn't applicable to the Plagueis novel, Disney are only maintaining one continuity now and that's one where the EU "continuity" only exists as Legends i.e. a in-universe conceit where those stories are regarded as myths, which this observation is evidently being made in the contexts of. Not the contexts of Darth Plagueis being part of actual continuity, and the NJO still being a thing.

We can't go and say now that this is a thing for EU/Legends only Palpatine went it isn't. Though granted it would be for any Canon/Legends composite. Certainly it has no bearing on Plagueis as far as he exists in the EU.
Force and Destiny was approved before the distinction was even made, and regardless of when this was released, it's about Legends. Not to mention that's not even true. Disney maintains TOR, which, as far as anyone on the planet knows, is still Legends. This is as valid as any Legends source.

Beniboybling
Right, but then it was evidently revised to retreat its EU content within the contexts of Canon, i.e. as exaggerated and unverified myths. On top of that new Canon material has evidently been added, like Moraband, and this concept that was created by Luceno for Tarkin (some concepts that straight up override the EU, like Palpatine taking on Maul well after killing Plagueis). When we consider on top of that that there is only one continuity moving forward its obvious what perspective its coming from.

TOR on the other hand had already been published, and its already been made clear that it exists within its own universe, separate from Canon.

The_Tempest
"When the Sith built their shrine on Coruscant, they did so over a powerful light side vergence. This decision was made in an attempt to corrupt the vergence and use its power to fuel dark ties. Their plan worked to a point, and by the time the Jedi took Coruscant and pulled the shrine down, the vergence had become corrupted with dark side energies. The Jedi were well aware of the dark side corruption of the vergence, but believed they could reverse the process and return the vergence to the light side. Thus, they built their new temple atop the foundations of the old Sith shrine. Unfortunately, the Jedi were wrong on this account. Even as they built the temple, a small portion of lingering Sith corruption infused its foundations. The hint of dark side influence may have been enough to cloud the judgement of the Jedi, leaving them vulnerable to the manipulations of Darth Sidious."

Got anything more definitive?

Syndicate
Lol Tempest. xD

Emperordmb
Might as well bend the knee now Ant... which automatically means you lose every debate you have with him regarding Sidious in the future since your opinions aren't allowed to change. Kinda like how Kas'im>Sheev as a duelist is forever ingrained.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Syndicate
Lol Tempest. xD

wink

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Might as well bend the knee now Ant... which automatically means you lose every debate you have with him regarding Sidious in the future since your opinions aren't allowed to change. Kinda like how Kas'im>Sheev as a duelist is forever ingrained.

An unusually passive-aggressive non-sequitur from you, Dmb. Are you peacocking or simply menstruating? excellent

carthage
No he's simply bringing up the fact you stated Kas'im could take Sidious in a duel in a post from years ago.

What a way to betray his highness..

The_Tempest
Originally posted by carthage
No he's simply bringing up the fact you stated Kas'im could take Sidious in a duel in a post from years ago.

What a way to betray his highness..

That was before Gideon saw the Lightsnake.

Aurbere
Originally posted by The_Tempest
An unusually passive-aggressive non-sequitur from you, Dmb. Are you peacocking or simply menstruating? excellent

DMB's been menstruating all week tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.