Best games last gen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
With "last gen" basically over, what were the standouts?

For my money, Dark Souls and Rayman will be those games you'll want to play ten years from now. Especially Rayman.. One of the few, if not only, modern platformers that didn't chase a standard set years ago (Like Sonic Generations did), but raised the bar and became a standard all it's own.

Jmanghan
Sonic Generations was ****ing amazing, definitely one of the best Sonic Games ever.

Rayman has been around since the SNES, he'll still be here years from now, but I agree.

Dark Souls as well, with this basically being the last souls game, we can rely on Bloodborne 2 and 3 for our fix.

Arachnid1
Skyrim, MGS4, Red Dead, Deus Ex

Jmanghan
I still need to buy a new PS3 tho v.v

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sonic Generations was ****ing amazing, definitely one of the best Sonic Games ever.

Rayman has been around since the SNES, he'll still be here years from now, but I agree.

Dark Souls as well, with this basically being the last souls game, we can rely on Bloodborne 2 and 3 for our fix.

Hey, I loved Generations, too.

It was basically a remake of the best of Sonic, from levels to the awesome rival battles (Seriously, the "Shadow" battle was so awesome, it melted my face. All Hail Shadow and Live and Learn to the power ups were nice touches.)

But in the end, a rehash is a rehash, no matter how well done it is. Rayman Origins and Legends went the extra mile with the unique Wii U controls, and even without that the level designs and boss battles were totally unique.

But yeah, Generations is so good, it makes me regret not being able to play Colors..

Adam Grimes
Red Dead, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Dead Space, The Walking Dead, etc.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Hey, I loved Generations, too.

It was basically a remake of the best of Sonic, from levels to the awesome rival battles (Seriously, the "Shadow" battle was so awesome, it melted my face. All Hail Shadow and Live and Learn to the power ups were nice touches.)

But in the end, a rehash is a rehash, no matter how well done it is. Rayman Origins and Legends went the extra mile with the unique Wii U controls, and even without that the level designs and boss battles were totally unique.

But yeah, Generations is so good, it makes me regret not being able to play Colors.. A good rehash can be a great concept.

Look at The Force Awakens for example

Nemesis X
Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, Halo Reach, Overlord, Elder Scrolls, Portal, Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Space, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead.

List goes on.

Arachnid1
Forgot about Mass Effect. The second and the ones I named are my top 5 games of last gen.

ares834
Mass Effect 2.

Impediment
The Last of Us, Dead Space, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, God of War III, Infamous, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Arkham City, and Heavy Rain.

Demonic Phoenix
Not going to mention the games already mentioned in the thread, so:

Assassin's Creed 2 & Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Bastion
Bioshock Infinite
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
GTA V
Journey
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Okami (really a 6th gen game, but was remade for the PS3, and is so awesome it deserves to be mentioned)
Outland
Sleeping Dogs
Street Fighter IV (+expansion packs)
Uncharted 2
Vanquish
XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within

+ some others I've forgotten. Meh.

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
A good rehash can be a great concept.

Look at The Force Awakens for example

Maybe. Generations was definately the most fun I've had with Sonic since the 16 bit era.

Except for Planet Wisp.. Hated that level.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe. Generations was definately the most fun I've had with Sonic since the 16 bit era.

Except for Planet Wisp.. Hated that level. Then you'd hate Sonic Colors, since the whole game is based around Planet Wisp.

Surtur
I'll throw "Saints Row IV" on the list. The game is just f*cking fun.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
I'll throw "Saints Row IV" on the list. The game is just f*cking fun. The prototype games are in then.

cdtm
Didn't know Okami was remade for the PS3.

Loved it on PS2 (Might go replay it now smile ), but yeah, it deserves a mention on last gen, remake or not.

Stoic
Skyrim, Culdcept (Love card games? This one was great), Rock Band, DC Universe Online (and still going strong), X-Com Enemy Within, Dragon Age, Fallout 3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.