Hyperion Gladiator Sentry Blue Marvel Try To Bench the Earth For 5 Days

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Can they do it.

ghostman
hyperion is the only one

riv6672
So if i say BM and Hype can do it, who's on deck to demand scans of them doing so or GTFO?

JBL
They all take turns doing it then go take a shower.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by JBL
They all take turns doing it then go take a shower. So that's your thing...

ghostman
hyperion is the only one with the feats to do something like this, the rest fall short times infinity

Genii96
Each of them could do it,only doubt is BM

Insane Titan
The whole Superman benching thing is one of the worst things ever in comics. Talk about battle board writing crap.

Genii96
Well,everyone has high end feats,

DarkSaint85
Sentry should do it easily. Remember the Celestial?

Rao Kal El
All of the together should be able to do it, bit they will sweat. big grin

carver9
Originally posted by Genii96
Each of them could do it,only doubt is BM

StiltmanFTW
What is Sentry's best strength feat?

The Sorrow
All of them do it based on feats and character statements.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What is Sentry's best strength feat?

The celestial thing...he doesnt have many lifting feats. Which is good because the shit is stupid

ghostman
the celestial shit is not quantifiable, and cannot be compared to benching the earths weight for 5 days straight, get the **** outta here with that. none, except hyperion are doing it.

Raisen
i agree they all take turns, get sweaty then head to the locker rooms with their bodies only covered by their capes. Sentry will have one of his episodes and sit on the bench watching the others' shower their powerful bodies. BM will whip sentry with his cape and goad him into joining the others.
Gladiator will speed blitz the lights off and that's when the real "pushing" will begin..

riv6672
The earth is 4x as large as the moon.

Blue Marvel could have split the moon in half.

That means he can break the earth in 4 blows.

So, after Superman benches, BM breaks the entire weight.

Blue Marvel >>> Superman.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/50188/1090998-split_moon_in_two.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672

Black Marvel beats both biscuits

http://s32.postimg.org/x9vnxbwpx/3338566_640px_peter_parker_omar_mosely_earth.jpg

riv6672
As long as we agree Superman comes in third. thumb up

Bolo Yueng
Baseline Sentry could not lift a helicarrier.

abhilegend
The earth is 4x as large as the moon.

Blue Marvel could have split the moon in half.

That means he can break the earth in 4 blows.

So, after Superman benches, BM breaks the entire weight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/50188/1090998-split_moon_in_two.jpg
Wut? Earth is about 81 times heavier than moon.

This is such a laughable logic.

riv6672
abhi refuted.

Guess that means it hits too close to home.

(Waits for red font rebuttal)

laughing

Rao Kal El
Where is the evidence that this characters can exert a planet benching force during at least 12 continuous hours let alone 5 straight days?

The only one I can think of is hyperion

riv6672
Yeah, but, where is they evidence they cant?

Except for Blue Marvel, who could just smash Superman's weight set (DC earth) in 4 blows of course.

Sin I AM

Except for Blue Marvel, who could just smash Superman's weight set (DC earth) in 4 blows of course.

H1 is that u?

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
H1 is that u?
https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/05135625ddcd939615557ca0ed1cac12d73396-wm.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend

Superman got one-shotted by a featless moon vin

Sensui

Sensui
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Where is the evidence that this characters can exert a planet benching force during at least 12 continuous hours let alone 5 straight days?

The only one I can think of is hyperion

The thing most overlooked on the Nu52 Superman strength feat is that he did it while he was constantly weakening, being out of the sun's light for 5 days straight. To truly equal the feat, Gladiator, Blue Marvel, Sentry, or Hyperion would have to be constantly drained of their energy during the 5 days and only drop a single bead of sweat.

riv6672
^^^sensui

BM breaks Superman's weight set.
I didnt start this thread, i just dominated it. stick out tongue

http://spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov/Grade35/5Page23.pdf

Rao Kal El

Thats a no limits fallacy and undistributed middle.

Just because a character has exerted enough force to move a celestial object for a short period of time does not mean he can actually excert that same force for 5 days, let alone while getting deprived of their source of energy

Plus the burden of proof is on you, to prove that they can. Since you are the one saying they can do it for 5 days

Rao Kal El
^^^sensui

BM breaks Superman's weight set.
I didnt start this thread, i just dominated it. stick out tongue

http://spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov/Grade35/5Page23.pdf

Lol that is only the diameter, sensui is talking about volume.

Nice try though

Genii96
Does the planet bench pressing feat coount as an average or high end feat for supes?

Stoic
Originally posted by ghostman
hyperion is the only one with the feats to do something like this, the rest fall short times infinity

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sentry should do it easily. Remember the Celestial?

I find myself agreeing with both of you, even though you can't seem to agree with each other.

riv6672

Just because a character has exerted enough force to move a celestial object for a short period of time does not mean he can actually excert that same force for 5 days, let alone while getting deprived of their source of energy

Plus the burden of proof is on you, to prove that they can. Since you are the one saying they can do it for 5 days

Aaaaactually, i'm saying BM can break Superman's puny weight set in 4 mighty blows. smile

Lol that is only the diameter, sensui is talking about volume.

Nice try though

LOL right back at you, buddy.

See, as much as i like to/can post science links all day, those links dont take into account like all the imaginary countries, pocket dimensions, and totally overlook the imaginary people we have. Chucking the celestial bodies around like free weights and hitting like punching bags.
Because comics.

People (in a certain fan club) start threads here to mess with other people, and thats all in good fun, until someone else starts having fun at their expense then its all of a sudden amateur science hour, burden of proof etc.
chill buddy. Buddy chill. stick out tongue

Rao Kal El
Aaaaactually, i'm saying BM can break Superman's puny weight set in 4 mighty blows. smile

LOL right back at you, buddy.

See, as much as i like to/can post science links all day, those links dont take into account like all the imaginary countries, pocket dimensions, and totally overlook the imaginary people we have. Chucking the celestial bodies around like free weights and hitting like punching bags.
Because comics.

People (in a certain fan club) start threads here to mess with other people, and thats all in good fun, until someone else starts having fun at their expense then its all of a sudden amateur science hour, burden of proof etc.
chill buddy. Buddy chill. stick out tongue

Next time you try to quantify a feat don't use science it makes you look hypocrite like carver, like you just try to do with you wrongfully trying to quantify the mass of the earth as 4 times that of the moon and saying that BM can do it in 4 blows based on a fail quantification of a feat laughing out loud and now you are backtracking and trying to do a switcheroo thumb up

I will chill but I just dislike trolls, but I will chill smile

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sensui
The thing most overlooked on the Nu52 Superman strength feat is that he did it while he was constantly weakening, being out of the sun's light for 5 days straight. To truly equal the feat, Gladiator, Blue Marvel, Sentry, or Hyperion would have to be constantly drained of their energy during the 5 days and only drop a single bead of sweat.

This. Not sure why people keep saying Hyperion. Does he have a feat thats similar?

riv6672
Next time you try to quantify a feat don't use science it makes you look hypocrite like carver, like you just try to do with you wrongfully trying to quantify the mass of the earth as 4 times that of the moon and saying that BM can do it in 4 blows based on a fail quantification of a feat laughing out loud and now you are backtracking and trying to do a switcheroo thumb up

I will chill but I just dislike trolls, but I will chill smile
Some others had our heroes showering together.
I'm the one that gets the attention though. Mission accomplished.
You dont like trolls? I enjoy trashing troll threads.
Seems only one of us is having fun, so again mission accomplished.

Sin I AM

Is this his best feat?

Rao Kal El
Some others had our heroes showering together.
I'm the one that gets the attention though. Mission accomplished.
You dont like trolls? I enjoy trashing troll threads.
Seems only one of us is having fun, so again mission accomplished.

Trully sad. Enjoy your "fun" laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Is this his best feat?

Have no idea.

According to Riv BM can destroy earth in 4 punches just because the earth's diameter is 4 times that of the moon.

But what do I know, "he is just having fun"

riv6672
http://images.zaazu.com/img/thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emoticon-000283-large.gif

Sin I AM
Have no idea.

According to Riv BM can destroy earth in 4 punches just because the earth's diameter is 4 times that of the moon.

But what do I know, "he is just having fun"

Riv is a troll. It's best to just ignore him. I was asking was the benching earth feat. SMs best.

Rao Kal El
Riv is a troll. It's best to just ignore him. I was asking was the benching earth feat. SMs best.

Not sure. I didn't really like NU52 Superman, so I haven't follow him.

riv6672
I'm not a player i just crush a lot.

OP asks "can". The answer is "yes", given any number of factors, plot devices, story needs.
I mean, Supes never actually "benched the earth" to begin with, he was on a machine that simulated yadda yadda.
Then posters who say yes get asked for proof. Pretty damn troll-ish.
So yeah, i'm gonna have fun with it.

ghostman

this, i can tell he has no father and is compossed
of bitchassness, i mean look at his signature, dude is a cornball brotha of the highest caliber laughing laughing

and as for hyperions feats, the mother ****er caught a planet moving at 500,000 miles per hour. also theres the two universes/planets holding feat

ghostman

Rao Kal El
I'm not a player i just crush a lot.

OP asks "can". The answer is "yes", given any number of factors, plot devices, story needs.
I mean, Supes never actually "benched the earth" to begin with, he was on a machine that simulated yadda yadda.
Then posters who say yes get asked for proof. Pretty damn troll-ish.
So yeah, i'm gonna have fun with it.

Then your argument is based on nothing but wishful thinking, with out panel evidence or at least a logical argument. So just "writer wishes it" pretty good argument thumb up I'll remember your logical thinking when someone makes an LT vs Robin thread. Pretty compeling and sound logic dude thumb up

riv6672
"Have" the OP characters ever gotten on and used a simulated earth weight bench press for 5 days?
Is a question you could reasonably ask for proof over.

"Can" the OP characters get on and used a simulated earth weight bench press for 5 days?
Is a matter of opinion.

Asking for proof after that opinion is given in the affirmative, is you setting up a sitch where you can smugly say "nope" to any feats presented.

Thats trolling, guy.
If you're going to do something at least own up to it.

Threads like this are made to get a reaction. Not my fault you dont like the reaction i gave you. Maybe if threads like this werent made in the first place...

DarkSaint85
Hype, Glads et al benching the earth is as ridonkulous as Robin vs LT?

Wow. Perspective, people.

StiltmanFTW
lol, LT would get shitstomped in seconds.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hype, Glads et al benching the earth is as ridonkulous as Robin vs LT?

Wow. Perspective, people.

According to Riv is a matter of opinion, so yes.

Also where is the proof that they can do it for 5 days while away from their source of power?

There is nothing but wishful thinking or as riv call it "opinion"

Rao Kal El
"Have" the OP characters ever gotten on and used a simulated earth weight bench press for 5 days?
Is a question you could reasonably ask for proof over.

"Can" the OP characters get on and used a simulated earth weight bench press for 5 days?
Is a matter of opinion.

Asking for proof after that opinion is given in the affirmative, is you setting up a sitch where you can smugly say "nope" to any feats presented.

Thats trolling, guy.
If you're going to do something at least own up to it.

Threads like this are made to get a reaction. Not my fault you dont like the reaction i gave you. Maybe if threads like this werent made in the first place...

Well your "opinion" is based on wishful thinking and not in canon.

You try to base your "opinion" on science but on that one you failed in several levels when you try to compare diameter with volume smile

But we know dude you are just "having fun" laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
lol, LT would get shitstomped in seconds.

According to the argument presented if the plot or the writer wants it, then yes. LT gets stomped by Robin and apparently is a valid argument

riv6672
Guess i shouldnt expect someone who's entire online identity is based on Superman worship to be honest about anything, much less himself.

riv6672
Click.

ghostman
Well your "opinion" is based on wishful thinking and not in canon.

You try to base your "opinion" on science but on that one you failed in several levels when you try to compare diameter with volume smile

But we know dude you are just "having fun" laughing out loud

dude, can you do me a favor?

i remember you made a superman vs wonder woman thread that had all their fights, but i cant find it, can you drop the link to it for me?

Rao Kal El
Guess i shouldnt expect someone who's entire online identity is based on Superman worship to be honest about anything, much less himself.

Good thing is your "opinion" dude.

Whats the matter? Not having "fun" anymore? erm

Lets just leave it there dude, not really wanting this to become personal.

I will leave it there and respect your opinion even though IMO you haven't presented any canon evidence to back it up

Rao Kal El
dude, can you do me a favor?

i remember you made a superman vs wonder woman thread that had all their fights, but i cant find it, can you drop the link to it for me?

Sure

Here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t615889.html

ghostman
Sure

Here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t615889.html

dude ****ing yes!!!!! been searching for damn near 3 hours mad mad mad mad mad

thank you smokin' smokin'

LordofBrooklyn

YOU CAN'T PROVE A NEGATIVE, FOOL!!!

riv6672
Good thing is your "opinion" dude.

Whats the matter? Not having "fun" anymore? erm

Lets just leave it there dude, not really wanting this to become personal.

I will leave it there and respect your opinion even though IMO you haven't presented any canon evidence to back it up
Pardon my double post.
About fun:
Your refusal to admit your own bias only enhances my enjoyment.
Yoy are the mayo on my pom fritz.

Bet you never saw this thread going the way it has.
I did. yes

Rao Kal El
Pardon my double post.
About fun:
Your refusal to admit your own bias only enhances my enjoyment.
Yoy are the mayo on my pom fritz.

Bet you never saw this thread going the way it has.
I did. yes

If that makes you happy.I am glad I can enlight someones sad day smile thumb up

Now, moving on

riv6672
Where to next, buddy?

SquallX

He's best feat would be with Martian Manhunters help moved Braniacs ship. The ship was so big that part of it was still stuck in the portal, and the part that was showed was at the lowest of lows of law balling was at least 10x the size of the Earth.

Rao Kal El
Where to next, buddy?

I know I am a leader and people like to be told what to do next, we'll see buddy

abhilegend
abhi refuted.

Guess that means it hits too close to home.

(Waits for red font rebuttal)

laughing

Idiot.

riv6672
I know I am a leader and people like to be told what to do next, we'll see buddy
Originally posted by SquallX
He's best feat would be with Martian Manhunters help moved Braniacs ship. The ship was so big that part of it was still stuck in the portal, and the part that was showed was at the lowest of lows of law balling was at least 10x the size of the Earth.
Possible new tangent. Shiny!

Makes me wonder.
What was the volume of the ship? Thats pretty important.
What amount of the ship was each character lifting? Even split?
Do MM fans cite this as a strength feat for J'onn? Never seen it done.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Bolo Yueng
Baseline Sentry could not lift a helicarrier.
H1 junior

HulkIsHulk
This. Not sure why people keep saying Hyperion. Does he have a feat thats similar?
in his native universe, he held back two earths from colliding with each other during the incursion till both the earths got destroyed due to the counterforce

riv6672
^^^isometric exercise. thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
in his native universe, he held back two earths from colliding with each other during the incursion till both the earths got destroyed due to the counterforce

Yea i remember that. Its uber. I wonder is that considered greater than or equal to the benching earth feat

riv6672
^^^I've seen it agued both ways (here).

I'd do with the benching over the Brainiac ship, though, as the better Superman feat.
The ship is basically unquantifiable.
Because it was (visibly) 10x the size of the earth doesnt mean each earth sized piece of the ship weighed as much as the earth.
We cant just arbitrarily assign weight like that can we?
No, the most we can say is it was likely pretty frikkin' heavy, had mass/momentum in its favor, and took Superman and J'onn to take care of it.

Rao Kal El
I don't think we should worry about Superman's other feat.

The feat that is presented by the OP is the one that should be used as a measuring stick for the others.

So I ask again, if any of the others have a feat or a logical argument suggesting that they could generate that force for 5 days straight while away from their source of power?

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX

They didn't push the entirety of the ship. Still a nice ft though.

riv6672

The feat that is presented by the OP is the one that should be used as a measuring stick for the others.
Its nice that you think that, but, i wasnt the one who brought it up, i was simply commenting on it. Plus, you arent my leader so, if and when i feel like commenting on it again, i suppose i will, though i've said my piece on the subject, barring anyone else's comment(s).
And yes, the OP feat should be the main focus but, as posters here have made clear to me when i ask them to stick to a topic, threads go where they want to go.

The Sorrow

So I ask again, if any of the others have a feat or a logical argument suggesting that they could generate that force for 5 days straight while away from their source of power?
Unless it's been retconned, Superman doesn't weaken just from being away from the sun as he stores energy, even after exerting himself greatly. So although he's away from sunlight he isn't devoid of power. It's more of a stamina feat, all of these guys have precedence in exerting that much force (even more in some cases) it's whether they could replicate the 5 day part of the feat.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Unless it's been retconned, Superman

Newsflash. Nobody cares about Superman.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Unless it's been retconned, Superman doesn't weaken just from being away from the sun as he stores energy, even after exerting himself greatly. So although he's away from sunlight he isn't devoid of power. It's more of a stamina feat, all of these guys have precedence in exerting that much force (even more in some cases) it's whether they could replicate the 5 day part of the feat.

That is why I didn't say weakened, I said away from source of power.

tkitna
Sentry wins, now close this thread.

TheHulkster

That damage is caused by throwing the medal into the moon, not by hitting it with his fists.

abhilegend
And?

h1a8
Hyperion can bench the Earth. Not for 5 days though.
Blue Marvel and Gladiator can't bench it even once.

As a team doing it together I say they can bench it for some hours.

carver9
All of them bench the weight so easily that the machine crumbles under the pressure they are giving off. I wish Hulk was added to this list.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

carver9
Blue Marvel just matched Hyperion and was said to be his equal all around. This ft is planetary...everyone here is on that level. I don't understand why you wouldn't believe that any of these beings could not achieve the same results.

abhilegend
Because they haven't.

StiltmanFTW
Because they haven't.

Have you seen carver's newest feat?

Delta1938

laughing I know where this is going!!

abhilegend
Yes, what's this MCU?

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Incarvdible. The best "word" to describe it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKuZ1Ep3CXai4hy/200w.gif

Next... in 2020:

"DCEU? What is it?"

krisblaze
No. Not even together.

TheHulkster
And?

You can hit something double fisted far harder than if you throw a medal at it. Nearly splitting a moon by throwing a medal at it equates to exponentially more damage by hitting it with his fists.

TheHulkster
Because they haven't.

Neither has Darkseid. Would that make him weaker than Superman?

StiltmanFTW
What was that medal made out of?

carver9
Copper

TheHulkster
What was that medal made out of?

It's the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I imagine there is some gold involved.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel just matched Hyperion and was said to be his equal all around. This ft is planetary...everyone here is on that level. I don't understand why you wouldn't believe that any of these beings could not achieve the same results. Characters operate at different levels at different times. Matching a character in one scene doesn't give you that character's highest feats. Otherwise, iron man and Colossus could bust a planet.

Sentry and Hyperion are the only 2 that can bench the Earth. But not for 5 days. Maybe a few hours at most.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Characters operate at different levels at different times. Matching a character in one scene doesn't give you that character's highest feats. Otherwise, iron man and Colossus could bust a planet.

Sentry and Hyperion are the only 2 that can bench the Earth. But not for 5 days. Maybe a few hours at most.

Gotcha. So with that said, the Probes that Doomsday and Superman took out were operating at a different level than before?

What about the Doomsday that broke Wonder Woman arms with a punch. This same Doomsday was operating at different levels when he fought Superman?

h1a8
Gotcha. So with that said, the Probes that Doomsday and Superman took out were operating at a different level than before?

What about the Doomsday that broke Wonder Woman arms with a punch. This same Doomsday was operating at different levels when he fought Superman? If no other evidence is shown or given then characters are operating at their average in any scene. So that means Probes were operating at their average when fighting Superman, DD was operating at his average when fighting Superman.

Delta1938

What about the Doomsday that broke Wonder Woman arms with a punch. This same Doomsday was operating at different levels when he fought Superman?

Stop it. You've been told numerous times the difference. Your inability to comprehend those differences doesn't mean you can ignore it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulkster
You can hit something double fisted far harder than if you throw a medal at it. Nearly splitting a moon by throwing a medal at it equates to exponentially more damage by hitting it with his fists.
That's not how comics work.

And the moon wasn't nearly split in half. It didn't even have a big enough crater. It's just a hyperbole from Uatu.

TheHulkster
That's not how comics work.

And the moon wasn't nearly split in half. It didn't even have a big enough crater. It's just a hyperbole from Uatu.

Hyperbole is outside of Uau's character.

abhilegend
Yeah, right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.