What tv shows are you currently watching?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Sort of similar to threads like "what is the last movie you watched" or "what game are you currently playing?".

So one tv show I'm in the process of watching is "Roswell". I'm not too fond of the later seasons, but I think the first season was excellent.

I also am watching a documentary about nazi's and the occult.

heathjack
current
Arrow
the flash
gotham '
super Girl
ledgens of tomorrow
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
shark tank
beyond the tank
pawn stars
storage wars
the big bang theory
The Goldbergs
last man standing
the middle
Impractical Jokers
THE CARBONARO EFFECT
mysteries at the Museum
Outrageous Acts of Science
person of interest
Hawaii Five-0
NCIS: New Orleans
NCIS: Los Angeles

marwash22
the best show on tv atm is 'The Americans'

Impediment
Breaking Bad and Powers.

Robtard
Game of Thrones
Marvel:AoS
Gotham
Parks And Recreation
Last Man On Earth
Shameless
Vikings
Walking Dead
Outlander
House of Card
Daredevil
Penny Dreadful
Banshee

Rebel95
The Office
Game of thrones
Daredevil
Family Guy

Surtur
Anyone remember the show "American Dreams" ?

Flyattractor
Everything I liked got CANCELLED so FUH TV!

Surtur
Good shows do get cancelled. Look at FOX now, Simpsons won't die, Family Guy and it's clones won't die. But remember the friggin Critic with Jon Lovitz? Awesome show.

dK6MD46Bbug

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
Good shows do get cancelled. Look at FOX now, Simpsons won't die, Family Guy and it's clones won't die. But remember the friggin Critic with Jon Lovitz? Awesome show.

dK6MD46Bbug

Firefly.

**** is up with that.

S_W_LeGenD
Game of Thrones
Fear the Walking Dead
The Walking Dead

jaden101
GoT
Billions

Ones I'm watching but aren't currently on

Walking Dead
The Strain
The Last Ship
Better Call Saul

Surtur
Rewatched the latest "The Tomorrow People" series. I wish it had lasted for more than one season.

Firefly218
Just Game of Thrones. Not sure if I should include netflix shows like Daredevil but that one too.

Surtur
It can include any show you are watching, no matter how old or new.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Firefly218
Just Game of Thrones. Not sure if I should include netflix shows like Daredevil but that one too. I'm in the same boat. Haven't been watching much TV lately.

Surtur
It's weird because it's actually been nearly a year since I've watched any tv. When Comcast increased the amount of money they charge for cable tv I cancelled it and just kept the internet.

So I pay monthly fee's for Netflix and Hulu subscriptions and I also have Roku which actually comes with a bunch of free programs like Crackle and other things with free movies, etc. I do not subscribe to any stations like HBO or Showtime so the shows I like that air on those channels I have to watch online.

Well I did purchase an antennae so I could watch basic tv channels like cbs, nbc, abc, fox..but I haven't really watched them.

Impediment
Preacher, but it's really slow for me and I hope that it picks up fast.

RanebowSmack
Roadies
Mr Robot
Wahlburgers
BrainDead
Hell on Wheels
American Gothic
Dark Matter
Lego Star Wars
Masterchef
Pretty Little Liars

Surtur
Which American Gothic? The one from the 1990's was awesome.

RanebowSmack
https://s6.postimg.io/4z6zyxuy9/amergoth.jpg

It's kinda good lol

Surtur
Finishing up the latest seasons of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. But damn..Originals got renewed for a 4th season with only 12 episodes. Not a good sign.

Trocity
TVD is unwatchable for me now. Seasons 1-3 were fantastic, then it declined fairly rapidly. Only seen the first season of Originals, however.

Currently watching Rome for the first time. I held off for a long time knowing there were only two seasons and that it had been canceled; I figured that would eat away at me after watching those two seasons.

It's very good, though.

Ascendancy
Finishing Penny Dreadful now. Two episodes behind on Ray Donovan. Two behind on Ballers. Caught up with all of The Knick; unsure if they're doing another season or not, but I'm hoping so. Think that's it for me at the moment, though I need to finish the last season of TWD.

marwash22
just finished a Netflix series called 'Easy'.

It's weird at first, because the first 6 episodes or so are used to introduce characters (couples). All the individual stories are interesting, but it came off as very isolated. If the show keeps the same characters in the next season, it should feel more connected.

marwash22
also watching a series on HBO called 'High Maintenance'.

Flyattractor
Z Nation starts this Friday so I got that to look forward to.

Dreampanther
Lethal Weapon
NCIS
Agents of Shield
Survivor
Flash
The Good Place
Big Bang Theory
Westworld

RanebowSmack
flash
pitch
lucifer
tbbt
no tomorrow
aftermath
blindspot
shameless
poldark
outlander
silent witness

Flyattractor
I caught bits of Aftermath....Not Sue How I feel about that one....Seemed like it was trying Way to hard to be TWD but missing the point....that and seemed to be rather low on the "Fun Factor" like Z Nation is.

Patient_Leech
Just finished Dark Matter season 2.

Fun sci-fi show.

Not sure what to watch next, Jessica Jones perhaps..

Flyattractor
Woo Hoo. Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell got a 3rd Season.

Got another show to watch.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Lethal Weapon
NCIS
Agents of Shield
Survivor
Flash
The Good Place
Big Bang Theory
Westworld

Not sure how much longer I'm going to watch Flash - it's starting to get that Smallville feel. Will give it another episode or two because I really want to like it. I've already dropped all three the other DC shows and I've put Gotham on hold.

Loving Lucifer despite all the nay-sayers and I saw the first episode of Chicago Fire, now I'm thinking of getting the whole first season to watch.

Dreampanther
Ended up watching the whole first season of Chicago Fire over the weekend and liking it so much that I immediately started the second season. Now I'm considering picking up Chicago PD as well.

Basara
Mr. Robot S2
Z Nation S2

Surtur
Oliver Stone's "Untold History of the United States" is on netflix. Which..yeah, this is basically exposing a lot of shady shit America did over the years. Which I like.

Anyone who likes history should watch it though. You'll most likely find out a few things you didn't know before. Though get ready to be somewhat depressed about some shit we did.

John Murdoch
- Lethal Weapon
- Luke Cage
- Finishing up the last two seasons of Justified (I know, way behind)

- And a throwback: Justice League Unlimited. If only the DCEU could be so great.

staxamillion
anyone watching TVD now? is it good?

ive been watching

Vikings
game of thrones
misfits
lethal weapon
Agents of shield
flash & arrow
hell's kitchen

im waiting for the originals too

Lestov16
In the past few weeks ive seen:

Gotham
Rick and Morty
Bojack Horseman
How To Get Away With Murder
Westworld
The Walking Dead
The Shield
Luther
Peaky Blinders
Black Mirror

Plan on watching Justified when im done with my current lineup

0mega Spawn
Westworld
Walking dead
Ash vs evil dead
Aftermath...

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Lestov16
Plan on watching Justified when im done with my current lineup

You will not be disappointed.

Dreampanther
Watched a few episodes of Black Mirror. That's some seriously f...ed up writing. I think it's very good but don't think I'll be able to watch more than a few episodes - just too dark and messed up.

Surtur
Kyle XY is hulu, so I'm watching it again. It was an underrated show.

staxamillion
justified is real. you will like it.

i just finished preacher.

i just started season 4 of Vikings, season 2 of Mr. Robot, Westworld and Atlanta

Dreampanther
Watched a couple of episodes. Not ground-breaking, but entertaining enough if there's nothing else on.

http://cdn5.ihorror.com/app/uploads/via-digital-spy.jpg

Skaggs
Saving Hope(on Season 3 now)
Finishing up seasons 1 of Shut Eye and Quarry

staxamillion
started watching that SyFy show magicians on the Netflix. its decent.
saw a couple eps of Lovesick/Scrotal Recall... not that interested TBH.

juggernaut74
Shows I don't miss an episode:

Bates Motel
Kevin Can Wait
Supergirl
The Middle
Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Arrow
Big Bang Theory
Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Star Wars Rebels

Flyattractor
Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell is back on so I got that.

Hope Dream Corp comes back too.

carthage
Better Call Saul
Santa Clarita Diet
Flash

cdtm
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, believe it or not. It's a little thing I like to do, checking out a retro series I passed on back in the day.

When it debuted in 1997, I was too immersed in school to pay attention. And when I got out, I caught the odd episode but never really followed it.

So now, I figure I'll see what the hype was about (Did the same thing with Babylon 5 a few years back. Tbh, it wasn't as super nerdy bad as I thought it would be, but the fans are still insane on how good they claim it is.)

cdtm
Better Call Saul.

staxamillion
this agents oh shield/hydra is pretty dope too.
we finished season 1 of magicians its better than it starts off as so that's saying something.

shows on my watchlist

lethal weapon
flash
arrow
agents oh shield/hydra
Brooklyn 99
modern family
blackish
hell's kitchen
Vikings

on the watching sporadically/waiting list
misfits
legion
OA
Fargo
Better Call Saul
Underground
Game of Thrones

S W LeGenD
In terms of (fiction) shows that are ongoing and that I am up to date with:

Better Call Saul
Fargo
The Affair
Legion
Westworld
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
House of Cards
The Americans

Modern Family
The Good Place
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Con Man
LARPs: The Series
The Uncanny Upshurs

Stuff that I only recently started watching:

Arrow
Agent Carter

Arachnid1
Watched a few episodes of Black Mirror. That's some seriously f...ed up writing. I think it's very good but don't think I'll be able to watch more than a few episodes - just too dark and messed up. Yeah. 'Shut up and dance' seriously left me feeling sick.

That said, I like darker themed shows like this so I cant complain.

S W LeGenD
For the most part I don't actually think that Black Mirror's consistently been all that good. I mean, I liked Fifteen Million Merits, and The Entire History of You and White Christmas are some of the best TV I've ever seen, but I didn't enjoy anything else from seasons 1 and 2 much. Though I kind of misspoke in my previous post, as I haven't seen any of season 3 so can't speak to the quality of that.

Dreampanther
Watched the first episode of Cleverman last night. Not the most lighthearted story I've ever seen, but definitely not boring. Somewhat low budget (especially the editing is a bit choppy) but it reminded me a bit of Neill Blomkamp's District 9 (without the Wikus humour). Rotten Tomatoes info: "Set in the near future, "Cleverman" is a startlingly original drama rooted in Aboriginal mythology. The series depicts a deeply conflicted and anxious society, fearful of a minority group living among them, endowed with extraordinary physical traits."

Will probably try another few episodes before I make up my mind.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/381777670266_/Cleverman-Series-1-DVD-NEW-PAL-REGION-4.jpg

carthage
Twin Peaks
Preacher
El Chapo
Fear the Walking Dead
Avengers Assemble

Will soon start Hannibal after Twin Peaks

Adam Grimes
Supernatural
Fear The Walking Dead
Luke Cage

staxamillion
currently

the originals
the good place
magicians
wynonna earp
GoT

Dreampanther
Finished watching The West Wing (all seven seasons) for the second time last night. Obviously, I'm an Aaron Sorkin fan, so I'm not completely objective, but still one of the most entertaining TV series ever made, imo. Great (huge!) cast, excellent writing, fascinating characters and relevant topics makes for a great show. And watching it now, with the current White House to compare it to, is sometimes so ironic that it borders on the absurd. Can't recommend it strongly enough. Thumbs up to John Wells, by the way, who did a fantastic job taking over from Sorkin for the last three seasons.

Dreampanther
I started watching Veronica Mars with Kristen Bell to see why it got so much praise and such high ratings. Now I'm completely addicted, for some reason...

http://i.imgur.com/A9zbCUI.jpg

Surtur
I started watching Veronica Mars with Kristen Bell to see why it got so much praise and such high ratings. Now I'm completely addicted, for some reason...

http://i.imgur.com/A9zbCUI.jpg

You can partially thank the character of Chloey Sullivan from Smallville.

carthage
Snowfall
The Strain (when it returns)
Twin Peaks (2017)

RanebowSmack
The Fosters
The Bold Type
Orphan Black
Younger

S W LeGenD
Not a tv show but I recently started listening to the BBC Radio 4 drama Tumanbay and it's incredible stuff. Lots of comparisons have been made to Game of Thrones and they're pretty apt, anyone would be doing themselves a massive favour by checking it out.

Impediment
American Gods
Preacher

Adam Grimes
Game Of Thrones
Westworld (****ing edgelord hbo)
Supernatural
Legion

Lexington
The Shield, Frequency.

Mindset

http://i.imgur.com/A9zbCUI.jpg I bet she tastes like strawberries.

staxamillion
veronica mars is lit. insecure on HBO is really good too

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
I bet she tastes like strawberries.

Given she married Dax Sheperd probably not so much anymore.

Surtur
Re-watching a lot of Batman cartoons. I recently got pretty much all of them on dvd. Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, and Batman Brave and the Bold.

For Batman Beyond the intro is kinda funny, its supposed to be a kids show and yet it's flashing words like "apathy" during it.

samhain
Just finished up watching S2 of Mr. Robot and S3 of The Strain, probably jump into season 2 of The Expanse next. Just bought a huge new TV though so it's kind of like I have to go back and watch all my other shows again in an impressive new format, I'm thinking Burn Notice.

Patient_Leech
Somebody recommended the following sci-fi shows to me. They all sounded intriguing. Anyone seen any of them to comment?

Ascension (SyFy)
The 100 (CW)
Terra Nova (FOX)

Patient_Leech
^ I watched the trailers for all of the above shows and they all look pretty good. thumb up

carthage
Definitely gonna start Ozark and Hannibal at some point

heathjack
currently right now i been watching
midnight texas
american ninja warrior
america's got talent
storage wars
pawn stars
shark tank

this fall i be watching:
gotham
Arrow
the flash
dc ledgens of tomorrow
super girl
black lighting
marvels agents of sheild
marvel's inhumans
marvels x-men gifted
designated survivor

ones newer shows
star trek discovery
the good doctor
wisdom of crown
young sheldon
the brave
swat
orvill

Patient_Leech
Started Terra Nova last night and rather enjoyed it. It's actually quite well done aside from tackling some special effects that are a bit too ambitious. Look forward to continuing the show...

samhain
Is Terra Nova the one with the guy from Avatar I think? Been going through Archer systematically, onto season 5. Next Gen as well.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by samhain
Is Terra Nova the one with the guy from Avatar I think?

Yeah. Stephen Lang.

cdtm
Soprano's.

Jumped on board around the last three seasons when it first aired, and now that I have access to HBO, I figure may as well check it out from the start (Same deal with The Wire).

carthage
The Gifted
American Horror Story Cult

cdtm
Designated Survivor.

I'd recommend it less then crack or unprotected sex right about now.

Dreampanther
Mindhunter on Netflix. Loving it.

marwash22
Mindhunter on Netflix. Loving it. ditto.

3 eps in.

All dialogue, no action... yet, there's not a single uninteresting moment so far. This is good writing.

NemeBro
Originally posted by cdtm
Soprano's.

Jumped on board around the last three seasons when it first aired, and now that I have access to HBO, I figure may as well check it out from the start (Same deal with The Wire). Same, actually. My boyfriend and I have been watching it for a while now. Midway through season five.

Surtur
Really trying to get through Game of Thrones. Everything was all good until I got to the 6th season, now it's a challenge.

BackFire
Mindhunter on Netflix. Loving it.

Yep, just finished it. Outstanding series. Ed Kemper was incredible. Likeable but very very disturbing and scary. Guy who played him really knocked it out of the park, hope he gets some love during awards season next year.

carthage
The Deuce
Electric Dreams

Dreampanther
Originally posted by marwash22
ditto.

3 eps in.

All dialogue, no action... yet, there's not a single uninteresting moment so far. This is good writing.

Originally posted by BackFire
Yep, just finished it. Outstanding series. Ed Kemper was incredible. Likeable but very very disturbing and scary. Guy who played him really knocked it out of the park, hope he gets some love during awards season next year.

That was incredible, fascinating to watch. Writing and characters both exceptional. Was tempted to get the book and read it but now I think I'll wait for the second season. Wasn't surprised to read that Harris had based his characters from Silence of the Lambs on the same agents.

Surtur
PBS does a great documentary series called "American Experience". It's been on for 30 years. You can find a lot of the episodes from the last 15 years or so on youtube. Some of the docs are quite long, the one about WW1 called "The Great War" is over 6 hours long, that is what I'm watching now.

carthage

snowdragon
Our Cartoon President on Showtime was a bit funny, especially with the characterization of Trump's kids.

BadMojoScootr
Just started watching Stranger Things and the second season of iZombie.

jane21august
Black Lightning and Dark Matter

Dreampanther
Cobra Kai is freaking awesome.

Digi

This. I have a few episodes left to go, but man is it good.

-Pr-
I've been catching up on Gotham as of late, and I have to say, I really think you could make a strong case for it being one of the best comic book shows on TV. So many well-written characters.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Digi
This. I have a few episodes left to go, but man is it good.

It was such an unexpected pleasure! I really didn't expect to have so much fun watching it.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I've been catching up on Gotham as of late, and I have to say, I really think you could make a strong case for it being one of the best comic book shows on TV. So many well-written characters.

Agreed. It is a bit heavy on the drama (I prefer shows with a bit more humour like Justified) so I don't watch it regularly, but every now and again I watch a few episodes and every time the writing and the cast impress me. As you said, there's not one character that's one-dimensional.

Dreampanther
Started watching the 2006 Friday Night Lights series made by Peter Berg, because there's not much on TV I'm interested in at the moment. I'd always heard it was good but never thought I'd enjoy a drama series about Texas high school kids playing American football. So glad to be proven wrong!

Scary thing is how much it reminds me of going to high school in a large town in SA in the late 80s. The clannish behaviour, the conservative, morally superior attitudes, the religion that pervades everything, the obsession with rugby...

Scary stuff. Fortunately Berg is good enough to keep the story flowing and doesn't allow the series to get bogged down or overly preachy. Only halfway with the first season but so far, so good.

staxamillion

been wondering if this is worth cecking out

carthage
Who is America
El Chapo
Snowfall
Cloak and Dagger
Orange is the New Black
Preacher

cdtm
Farscape.

Not sure about it yet... I liked the shows of the era, like Lexx, but this is one I missed.

DarthSkywalker0
Game of Thrones and the Tatami Galaxy

staxamillion
there's a lot of cool home design shows on Netflix right now

staxamillion
just started Yellowstone. first ep is pretty good

carthage
Better Call Saul
Castle Rock
Gordon Ramsay’s 24 hours to hell and back

Flyattractor
Just Started the expanse on Amazon..Not to bad for the first couple of eps.

Patient_Leech
The 100 Season 5 at the moment.

Looking forward to Preacher Season 3, next potentially.

Mindset
Billions
Preacher
The Young Pope
Preacher
Power

Flyattractor
The Prisoner (Classic cause reboot sucked balls)

staxamillion
started Claws ... meh might give it three eps

Dreampanther
If anyone's looking for a decent series, I've found The Rookie with Nathan Fillion is a rather more thoughtful addition to the crime gene than I expected. Unlike Castle they make an effort to show some of the real situations cops could face and they treat it with respect. Still some humour (thank goodness) but a much more rounded, balanced show than Castle was, imo. So far a 7/10 for me with the potential to climb to an 8.

samhain
^I like Fillion and I enjoyed Castle too, might check it out, thanks. Currently watching The Man In The High Castle, brilliant show based on a Philip K. Dick novel and also working through Monty Python's Flying Circus as well and being amazed at the amount of casual, light-hearted racism, sexism and homophopia.

staxamillion
finished the last OG - it was better than expected... like way

kim's convenience is amazing

power rangers super megaforce - the ranger can morph into all the previous rangers, thought it was a cool and there is a tv movie as well on Netflix

titans- read about it

staxamillion
really like YOU on Netflix

staxamillion
just finished Turn: Washington's Spies and Borgias (Jeremy Irons version)

both muy excellente

jenzie
right now

lucifer
year of the rabbit
last week tonight
imagine-nation
family brain games
american dad
the blacklist
dark side of the ring
brooklyn nine nine
catch 22
the good place
deep state
dining with the chef
simpsons
modern family
thunderbirds are go
wentworth
top gear
handmaids tale
agents of shield
gotham
major league wrestling / impact wrestling

warrior starts this week

stranger things series 2 downloaded, got three more episode to go for that

yep the summer lull is this

Surtur
Catch 22 is f*cking excellent.

carthage
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Legion
The Handmaidens tale

Definitely Preacher when it drops

-Pr-
Decided to give Lucifer another chance. While on the one hand, it doesn't have nearly the quality of the source material, and suffers from a lot of the same problems that come with being a procedural show, it does have some good things working for it: Ellis is brilliant as Lucifer, and the writing really, imo, shows that the people working on the show want to stretch the lore as much as they can when they have the chance.

NemeBro
Doom Patrol
Three Kingdoms

Think that's it at the moment.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage

Legion

Is season 2 any good? Was getting into Season 1 especially towards the end, but the first episode of season 2 kinda bored me.

carthage
Mindhunters
Preacher
Pose
Close encounters with Evil
Baki
Devil May Cry
X Files

staxamillion
just started designated survivor. this show is great

Putinbot1
Peaky Blinders
Pennyworth
Titans

riv6672

cdtm
Farscape.

Would rather watch new sci fi space opera, but let's be honest, there isn't any (Not until The Orville comes back on.)

riv6672

carthage

riv6672

Dr Will Hatch
The Righteous Gemstones is funny af.

riv6672
^^^never heard of it. Will Google.

staxamillion
watched almost the entire ken burns documentary on country music on the pbs app... its really good

staxamillion
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Righteous Gemstones is funny af.

yeah that shows is pretty funny despite they hang dong like every episode

staxamillion
jack ryan

carthage

staxamillion
I gonna try batwoman but now its a hardpass on CW action shows. im watching flash just because from being stubborn.

Putinbot1
The Mandalorian and Titans. I've dropped Watchmen and will binge-watch the handmaiden's tale.

staxamillion
edit

I was gonna try batwoman but now its a hardpass on CW action shows. im watching flash just because from being stubborn.

staxamillion
the jeff goldblum show is interesting on DISNEY+

-Pr-
Currently watching up on all the DC CW shows. It's a mixed bag.

Titans is the same.

Mandalorian which, while not flawless, is very, very good.

90 Day Fiance. Love that shit.

carthage
Lost in Space

Excellent as expected so far

Narcos Mexico is coming in a few weeks as well

BrolyBlack
^Stop hogging all the bandwidth you un civilized goon

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
star trek picard...

svu

one chicago

samhain
Banshee, has a kind of Sons Of Anarchy feel to it, lots of boobs too. Will binge seasons 1 & 2 of Westworld soon in anticipation of its return.

Swerved all of the CW shows now, haven't even been watching Legends Of Tomorrow. I'm just getting sick of all the superhero stuff now, we're saturated with 20 years of this sh!t ever since X-Men.

Sunset Phoenix
Riverdale, which is getting weirder
Doctor Who ♥
Homeland, last season sad
Supergirl
Black Lightning
Locke & Key
Atypical
Trinkets

Surtur
I started Locke and Key.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>