Luke Skywalker Wank Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
If I had more time/weren't lazy, I'd try to make a respect thread or something with actual sources and whatnot, but this more haphazard detail should do for now.

Just how f*cking powerful is Luke when he's actually trying? Because one should note that it's a fairly recurrent plot point that Luke holds back almost all of the time out of fear of the dark side, which explains a lot of his lower showings. But there are moments where he lets his true power seep through.

Lucas states in the ESB commentary that Luke can become what Anakin could've, in the context of his Force potential, .ie 200% of Sidious. To put it in perspective, a 20% gap between Vader and Sidious is enough for Vader to basically be crap next to his master. Now, it's not clear that Luke has exact the same potential as Anakin, and he probably never achieves it all, or at least we don't see him at that stage - but by FotJ he's been learned in the Force for like forty years, so he's probably gotten pretty f*cking close. This seems particularly clear given how quickly Luke grows in power - he probably hits diminishing returns, but it's difficult to imagine that he hasn't achieved at least a significant majority of his potential by the last time we see him. By any reasonable metric, given the 200%/20% thing, the gap between him and Palpatine should be greater than the gap between Palpatine and Vader.
In LotF, Luke is able to pin Darth Caedus to his chair without even gesturing, and hold him there with no apparent effort. Granted, Luke does take him by surprise, and Caedus seems to grow more powerful through the series. But even in Revelations, Luke is still able to ragdoll Caedus through his starfighter cockpit and make him see an illusory fleet of starships, and then in Invincible, make Caedus imagine Luke's presence, despite Caedus being aware of Luke's trickery and pretty desperately trying to counter him. So while he, in bloodlust, foolishly engages Caedus in a melee with a bad knee that one time (and still wins), Luke is more powerful than Caedus to the point where he can essentially f*ck him through the Force at will. Caedus, in turn, is stated to be more powerful than Darth Vader, which I know some people dismiss for being a publisher's summary, but unless if it's clearly contradicted by other source material, I see not reason to do so (and it's hardly unreasonable). Can anyone think of a non-entity character in Star Wars owning someone on Caedus's level in such a dominating fashion? I can't.
Luke not only stops cold the telekinesis of a guy with the collective Force potential of a colony of killiks (billions?), and subsequently owns him, but is described as being the very essence of an immovable object who can't be moved by the black hole at the center of the galaxy. I don't think this is hyperbole - the author seems to know that we'd dismiss it as such, and so goes into a very excessive amount of detail and affirmation of this fact, or exactly what you'd expect someone to do to show that it's literal, short of saying "literally".
In TUF, Luke takes on seven slayers and kills them without significantly troubles. Meanwhile, a single slayer infected by a virus designed to kill it had gained the upper hand against Kyp Durron. Kyp, who is insinuated to be potentially more powerful than Darth Vader, has used freighters as telekinetic weapons, and has manipulate dovin basals. So when he's actually going all-out, Luke is so far beyond Kyp that it's kind of insane.
I am open to the idea that by FotJ, Luke can obtain oneness either at will, or with far more ease than most people can. Against Abeloth he basically gets this just by calling upon his love for people, and he seems to be described in a similar state during The Unifying Force.
In LotF Invincible, there's a throwaway line where Luke sends a shuttle tumbling into a battalion of soldiers just by glancing at it. This one of the best casual, mid-combat TK feats I can think of.
In LotF Invincible, Luke not only amps Jaina to his own power level, but makes Caedus think he's fighting him. So were this in his character, he could just send other Jedi to fight X enemy and then amp them.
Luke can physically project himself from long distances to the point of being able to fool Darth Caedus.
Luke can create a literal physical copy of the Jade Shadow, which is a few hundred meters long, through the Force, or at least a good enough copy to look outwardly identical. Like, AFAIK he's not using illusions, since he's dealing with Vong - he actually makes a copy. The first time he does this it leaves him heavily drained, but the second time it doesn't hurt much at all.
Pre-NJO Luke can cloak a several hundred meter long capital ship with the Force. He doesn't know how long he can do it for, but given the above precedent and his growth curve, he could probably do it for quite a while, and to larger things, by FotJ.
Pre-NJO Luke can rebuild and then destroy Vader's fortress, which IIRC is like mountain sized, without much difficulty.
Luke can move singularities generated by dovin basals. If they behave like black holes - and the text repeatedly describes them as such - this should be equivalent to moving Everest sized objects at the least.
Luke typically learns Force abilities at a frightening speed, and is described in FotJ to have trained in a ridiculous amount of hand to hand fighting styles, which probably isn't even a very big focus of his.
In LotF Luke can not only foresee the precise outcome of missions and events just through meditation, but can jam and alter Caedus's own visions just by meditating about him.
Caedus thinks he might be the best duelist of all time.
He has fold space and shatterpoint, and can cut through Vong-resistant armor through sheer force.
Pre-NJO Luke muses that he could easily dominate the minds of several hundreds of meter long battlecruisers if he wanted to, or he could rip their hull plating and deform their weapons emplacements. Note: he doesn't do this because he's afraid of the dark side, but plenty of sith who aren't can't replicate it, lawl.
The illusory fleet of ships Luke fools Caedus into seeing also fools the star destroyer's sensors.
His emerald lightning can one-shot slayers, who are supposed to be immune to the Force lol.
Oh and BTW, Luke literally goes from not knowing what the Force is to matching Darth Vader in personal combat (plenty of sources make it clear that he's legitimately his match) within like three or so years.

This isn't by any means an exhaustive list of his feats, but it provides us with enough data with which to wank him. He should be substantially beyond DE Sidious by FotJ, given his performance against him thirty years before his prime and subsequent power growth. Given how much Sidious sh*ts on the rest of the mythos, Luke's power beyond everyone else should be insane. Given how effortlessly he tools Caedus, as well as seven Force-immune slayers, a single of which can beat a Vader+ tier combatant (Kyp), it's unclear if even large strike teams of Vader tier characters could do much against him.

We also know that he can hack his way into being essentially unbeatable against practically any military force or even army of Force users. His illusions can trick ship sensors and fleet crews of tens of thousands, he can dominate their minds if he wants to, he can cloak f*cking capital ships, he can just cast projections of himself and fight using those. He can also telekinetically destroy warships long before his prime.

Conclusion: without PIS or CIS, Luke Skywalker is so monstrously above any non-entity character in the mythos it's not even funny.

ILS
Aside from the stuff about creating copies and straight up mind domination, Aleema Keto can do this as well. At least she can create an illusion that looks a f*ckton bigger than capital ships.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4593448-hugeship+illusion.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4593450-hugeship+illusion2.png

In any case, awesome thread. Maybe you could collaborate with Nova in finishing his chain of Luke respect threads? He did them by era, IIRC he got up to DE Luke or something, everything after that is up for grabs.

Fated Xtasy
thumb up

TheDarthBoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTb9GP9lVI

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Luke not only stops cold the telekinesis of a guy with the collective Force potential of a colony of killiks (billions?), and subsequently owns him, but is described as being the very essence of an immovable object who can't be moved by the black hole at the center of the galaxy. I don't think this is hyperbole - the author seems to know that we'd dismiss it as such, and so goes into a very excessive amount of detail and affirmation of this fact, or exactly what you'd expect someone to do to show that it's literal, short of saying "literally".

you do realize that the black hole at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy is 4 million times more massive than our sun, right? If the supermassive black hole in the center of the galaxy in Star Wars is anything like that, it's obviously hyperbole, given that Luke has been affected/harmed by infinitely less.

Beniboybling
Or maybe... Luke >>> Valkorion. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Or maybe Luke >>>>>>>> Abeloth.

Oh wait. smile

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
you do realize that the black hole at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy is 4 million times more massive than our sun, right? If the supermassive black hole in the center of the galaxy in Star Wars is anything like that, it's obviously hyperbole, given that Luke has been affected/harmed by infinitely less.

Luke explicitly had to be "ready" for UnuThul's TK (he was ragdolled initially), and then rooted himself in the Force. Post DN, I can't really recall times when he is ragdolled against his will; he's carried back by the Hidden One's lightning, but that doesn't injure him or do anything, and he's pushed around by Abeloth, but he's trying to close the distance with her and attack her, so rooting himself wouldn't do anything.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My point is that having the sheer might to actually be unfazed by the power of a super-massive black hole at the center of the galaxy implies a level of strength faaaaaar beyond what he or any other force user has ever been capable of.

The Ellimist
My point is that having the sheer might to actually be unfazed by the power of a super-massive black hole at the center of the galaxy implies a level of strength faaaaaar beyond what he or any other force user has ever been capable of.

Not necessarily. It doesn't mean Luke can actually move a supermassive black hole. It seems to be some sort of technique, not just sheer resistance.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, it's him literally rooting himself in the force to stay still, which then allowed him to tank Unuthul's TK attack. He'd be doing the same thing with the Super massive black hole. That's a little too cosmic, even for a Skywalker.

The Ellimist
He's described as the "very essence of an immovable object", so it seems like it's not just a question of raw power, but rather some sort of Force-connection-oneness-whatever thing.

Even if it's hyperbolic - and I maintain that the author goes into far too much detail and affirmation for it to be, as if to specify that it isn't - he still resists the TK of someone who was bending back turbolaser bolts just earlier.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Of course I'm not saying Luke's limit in that state is just resisting UnuThul's TK, given that IIRC he complete no-sold it, it's just that UnuThul's TK and a supermassive ****ing black hole is an incomprehensibly large difference. Like, possibly the difference between The Father and Darovit.

The Ellimist
Or the difference between Luke and Bane. thumb up

Darth Abonis
I'm curious as to how powerful the canon Luke became

The_Tempest
Stranded out in the wilderness for the weekend with the girlfriend and her parents, I brought along the Dark Nest trilogy. Gonna try to force myself to re read it. UnuThul's packing a lot of power; they haven't given a concrete number for the Colony yet, beyond 375 hives. Han speculates that that's a vast swath of space that comprises many planets.

That's a lot of power for UnuThul. The fact that Luke later no-sells it is amazing.

The_Tempest
On page 290, Luke offhandedly mentions a trillion insects. That's a LOT of power UnuThul is harnessing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The_Tempest
and her parents

Yawn.

The_Tempest
Yawn.

You ain't lyin

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I legit feel bad for you. And you're gross.

The_Tempest
It's a bit of a chore. Do you and your lover/uncle not partake in obligatory family retreats?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd rather not relay the deets of my...relationship with my uncle. smile

High school's different, tbh. Though I suppose you wouldn't remember what it's like, having been about 40 years ago for you.

The_Tempest
I'd rather not relay the deets of my...relationship with my uncle. smile

High school's different, tbh. Though I suppose you wouldn't remember what it's like, having been about 40 years ago for you.

I take this to mean you're lingering unnecessarily in the showers after gym? If so, I'm just glad you're thinking of branching outside the family tree.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
We've moved past shower rape foreplay and have moved on to prison rape foreplay. And don't worry, it's all with the aunt's consent.

The Ellimist
On page 290, Luke offhandedly mentions a trillion insects. That's a LOT of power UnuThul is harnessing.

Doesn't a lot of it get destroyed by the time Luke beats him or nah?

carthage
Stranded out in the wilderness for the weekend with the girlfriend and her parents, I brought along the Dark Nest trilogy. Gonna try to force myself to re read it. UnuThul's packing a lot of power; they haven't given a concrete number for the Colony yet, beyond 375 hives. Han speculates that that's a vast swath of space that comprises many planets.

That's a lot of power for UnuThul. The fact that Luke later no-sells it is amazing.

You should find the part where he states he can't control Jacen. I posted the quote a while ago, but I don't remember what book it was in

DarthAnt66
"Jacen convinced Tenel Ka, or you used Jacen to convince her?" Jaina was thinking of how Raynar had nearly forced her to leave just a few moments earlier-and of the irresistible call that had summoned her and the others to the Colony in the first place. "Your touch can be very compelling."

"Perhaps, but even we are not strong enough to control Jacen," Raynar said. "He has moved beyond our control-or anyone else's. You know that yourself."

Jaina could not argue. During Jacen's five-year journey, she had felt him growing steadily stronger in the Force-but also more distant and isolated, like a hermit retreating to his mountaintop. At times, he had seemed to vanish into the Force entirely, and at other times she had sworn he was floating just above her shoulder.

To tell the truth, it had given her the creeps. She had started to feel like she was sharing a twin bond with a different brother every few weeks-or like he was practicing to be dead or something.

The Ellimist
There's also a time when Luke froze all the food in a food fight. Not the most impressive raw force wise but it shows some nice multi-targeting.

DarthAnt66
I remember that. I think Yoda did that once too.

Aurbere
Yoda did do that, yes.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Doesn't a lot of it get destroyed by the time Luke beats him or nah?

Don't remember, honestly.

The_Tempest
The GA also gave the Colony 15 additional planets in exchange for withdrawing a bit from Chiss space.

Sounds like a trillion really isn't hyperbolic at all.

The Ellimist
Bump.

The Ellimist

Fated Xtasy
Holy shit. Luke broke Kam Solusar free from Sheev grasp and restored his memories. That's neat shit tbh.

Also. Sheevs hologram was enough to cause Luke to feel cold and as if he was being corrupted

This is all post DE Sheev In the DE audiodrama. I am impressed tbh

EDIT: Sheev can apparently create storms on a whim? And has the ability to affect time and space? Wtf?

chingchangwalla
I still think Sidious is more powerful than Luke. Although feats, accolades and everything put it in Luke's favour :/

Fated Xtasy
Well Luke just deflected Walker fire and destroyed it with TK lol.

Lando states he hasn't seen anyone do that since Vader.

Neato lol

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Well Luke just deflected Walker fire and destroyed it with TK lol.

Lando states he hasn't seen anyone do that since Vader.

Neato lol
Welcome to 1991?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Welcome to 1991?

Lol 5 years before my birth.

Forgive me everyone but i misread the title of the audionovel due to some shakiness(at the gym lol) the feats above are from DE #1 not after DE.

BazookaMaster
Why is Ellimist banned? He has the best posts like this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.