The weight of starships..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
To be honest, I find this rather strange. There's no weight on like...any starship in the SWU. Well as far as I know, what with all this information on everything that a starship has, no one bothered to figure out actual weight?

Is there any way to figure the weight out of starships otherwise? If anyone knows.

Could we use their cargo capacity as an indicator? The length/width? Something?

hutchy1345
weight is zero in space, assume you mean mass

The Ellimist
There are starship masses listed in some sourcebooks, but most of them are ridiculously small. With the exception of Saxton, SW authors basically uniformly suck at math.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by hutchy1345
weight is zero in space, assume you mean mass

Obviously weight is zero in space, I mean when the ship is on a planet or atmosphere, mass fine, whatever, you know what I mean.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
There are starship masses listed in some sourcebooks, but most of them are ridiculously small. With the exception of Saxton, SW authors basically uniformly suck at math.

Really? I've never seen any mass noted for any of the books I've seen.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Really? I've never seen any mass noted for any of the books I've seen.
She is right.
But it seamn that Durasteal is lighter tougher and easier to produce than regular steel,it is also a perfect carbonated iron.

Q99
The thing about mass is, it's pretty hard to judge what a realistic mass would be, and it is probably better off left out.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99
The thing about mass is, it's pretty hard to judge what a realistic mass would be, and it is probably better off left out.

But they can guess everything else..

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
To be honest, I find this rather strange. There's no weight on like...any starship in the SWU. Well as far as I know, what with all this information on everything that a starship has, no one bothered to figure out actual weight?

Is there any way to figure the weight out of starships otherwise? If anyone knows.

Could we use their cargo capacity as an indicator? The length/width? Something?
Who cares?

Beniboybling
Deriding others because they don't share your interests? I'd say that's a new low for you but given thought it's par for the course.

Revanchiste
For small cruser just go with the weigh of regular steel...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.