Optimus Prime and Megatron vs Tarn and Overlord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
The Transformers forum doesn't get much activity, and these ARE comics, so may as well try this here.

Two matches:

1. Tarn seemed pretty certain that Megatron could take him. OTOH, he also used to idolize him.

2. Optimus comes to the Lost Lights rescue. Has the same army from Earth, including Victorian and Superion. How does he do against the DJD alliance?

Who wins?

deathslash
Optimus Prime wins any and all confrontations that he's involved in.

Digi
Nah. And I actually think Megatron has higher average showings. I also have no expectation of Megatron and Prime being able to work together. I just imagine 'tron yelling at Prime's incompetence before getting blasted repeatedly.

No idea in the second scenario.

Kazenji
^ Megatron is currently an Autobot in the IDW comics, So yeah he has changed his ways.

Martian_mind
Megatron always wins. Always.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Megatron is currently an Autobot in the IDW comics, So yeah he has changed his ways.

Autobot and pacifist. Not the version here, since he's at half strength and just sits there, even in mortal danger.

While Prime's just taken over Earth, for it's own protection. Everyone's horrified except Galvatron, who's practically ready to slap him on the back. smile

Martian_mind
I dropped R.I.D just before that happened. Had the arc been any good?

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
Autobot and pacifist. Not the version here, since he's at half strength and just sits there, even in mortal danger.

While Prime's just taken over Earth, for it's own protection. Everyone's horrified except Galvatron, who's practically ready to slap him on the back. smile

Oh i get that

but the reason i said what i said was in regards to Digi saying the two wouldn't work together.

cdtm
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I dropped R.I.D just before that happened. Had the arc been any good?

It's been great. Both of then.

Tbh, Starscreams one of the better things in R.I.D. Never thought I'd take his side against Prime, but he's totally right.

AlmightyKfish
Tbh in the first scenario, Tarn and Overlord probably win a straight fight, they're both Phase Sixers and although tarn said Megatron could always win, that seems like his reverence of him talking. Especially now that Overlord doesn't have the Achilles Virus in him any more.

Although this might depend on the version of Megatron, but if standard I'm not sure if Optimus and him an take them.

As for scenario 2, they can definitely rescue them. There's at least 2 combiners, Sky Lynx and then a bunch of pretty dangerous normal bots like Jazz, Arcee, Thundercracker etc. And then the Lost Lighters have Drift, Ratchet, Whirl, Cyclonus, Super-Tailgate etc. Outside of the DJD, Deathsaurus and Overlord, all of Deathsaurus' troops look like fairly generic mooks.

cdtm
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Although this might depend on the version of Megatron, but if standard I'm not sure if Optimus and him an take them.

You mean like Ore 13 amped? Or better yet, the Megatron who looked kind of like the animated version, with Tron stripes?

Imo, that last one might be >>>>> just about anyone. Cannon that's so powerful it could accidently vaporize Prime AND the city behind him, at a fraction of full power. Durability enough to tank a direct hit from a tactical nuke, which almost KOed Prime at the very edge of it.

Not to mention, being hit in the head with his best shot, not even staggering, and casually beating him down before he "surrendered".

Hell, even Six Shot and Overlord can't just take Prime's best, without eating floor.

It's probably a good thing they tossed that body.. Way, way to powerful to beat without a major plot device.

AlmightyKfish
Yeah either his railgun body or the body from the end of Chaos when he combined with all those chunks of his old body as well and fought the Deceptigod on his own.

That version of Megatron would almost certainly win against anyone in the IDW, bar Metroplex/Trypticon/other Titans.

cdtm
And maybe even them. That Deceptigod was about the size of a Titan. wink

cdtm
If only Overlord was in that panic bubble.

MTMTE 55 was AWESOME. Anti matter ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.