Dr. Fate & Alan Scott vs. Captain Comet & Captain Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Classic Fate (Kent)
Classic Alan Scott

Vs

Classic Comet
DCnU Atom

Who wins?

beatboks
If this was pre 52 Captain Atom team 2 would stomp. Neither member of team 1 could do anything to the magically immune Cap.

Given it's not giving the edge to team 1, with Kent Nelson as the one who takes the win for them. I would Say Classic Comet could handle Classic Alan Scot given how well he did against Power ring, Hal Jordan, Sinestro, AND Kyle Raynor. He literally mentally took over ALL thier constructs with his mind over matter power. That $#!+ wont fly against Classic Fate.

DarkSaint85
Was Captain Atom really immune to magic? I mean, I have seen him shot by Crimson Avenger before...

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Was Captain Atom really immune to magic? I mean, I have seen him shot by Crimson Avenger before...

Isn't Crimson Avenger more "Divine" than magic. I'd see divine as a mix of magic and cosmic.

Mordru used Cap to defeat the sorcerers of Wizards world because he was immune to all their power. Mordru also didn't seem to be able to do much to him.

Mordu is above these too, let's not forget in the SA he ONE SHOTTED "Classic Fate" AFTER Fate had absorbed power from BOTH Alan and Jal Jordan. So as I see it a guy who can one shot 1 team member of team one AMPED on the power of the other and can't effect the alt version of the team member of team two sort of lays it to rest.

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2175429-jla_147_08.jpg

Now we can use the argument that it's pre COIE Mordru so different from the one that couldn't affect Cap, but I'd like to point out two things

1. Mordu was vastly weakened in the scan in question (every mage in the 30th century had bound him to earth and weakened his magic (stated in the scan).

2. Mordru has feats post COIE that match his feats here (besting an amped Shazam on the ROE while weakened)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.