Ultra Boy Vs Invincible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://spider-bob.com/heroes/dc/images/Ultraboy01.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
No force fields imaginary or otherwise.

https://imagecomics.com/uploads/releases/invincibleuni1web.jpg

beatboks
I'll take Invincible. Jo might be stronger, faster etc but he can still only use his Ultra energy on one power at a time. When he's switching it up is when he gets hammered

Plus let's face it, Markus fights a little harder and is more hard core

deathslash
I'll give this fight to mark.

ghostman
mark is a high herald dude, havent you heard?

Surtur
I don't even really know how Ultra Boy starts off. If he has to activate a power and one of those powers is super speed it means he naturally doesn't have reflexes that fast. It should also mean that he naturally shouldn't be that durable unless he has time to activate his invulnerability.

How is his head not torn off before he reacts?

Originally posted by ghostman
mark is a high herald dude, havent you heard?

Based on what?

riv6672
Well thats the thing, one power at a time is cool and all as a gimmick, but it is never really shown that way.
Punching someone with that level if strength and no invulnerabitity is impossible without vaporizing your arm.
So either he has invulnerability when using hus strength (but not as much as when "being invulnerable"wink or he switches powers so fast it doesnt matter.

For him to move/attack/defend at super speed while using his strength and invulnerability in anything like a functionsl manner should be impossible.
Except it never is.

zopzop
Ultraboy is considered to be one of the top 3 most powerful Legion members (the other two being Mon-El and Wildfire). Ultraboy breaks Invincible.

riv6672
Fair enough.

beatboks
Originally posted by zopzop
Ultraboy is considered to be one of the top 3 most powerful Legion members (the other two being Mon-El and Wildfire). Ultraboy breaks Invincible.

i disagree that hes top three in a team with White Witch, Superboy, Supergirl, Thunder, Dev Em, Element Lad, Rond Vidar, etc (there are a few more above him in total power).

Riv not being able to use all the powers together isnt as cut and dried as you think.

super strength means that your muscles can tighten around bones to support them when you stike things that should break them.

plenty of speedsters strike at speed without splintering their arm. the force of their velocity makes their stike powerful (f=mA afterall).

i just think the changing between powers is enough of a hamper to let Mark lay down too much damage fast enough.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Well thats the thing, one power at a time is cool and all as a gimmick, but it is never really shown that way.
Punching someone with that level if strength and no invulnerabitity is impossible without vaporizing your arm.
So either he has invulnerability when using hus strength (but not as much as when "being invulnerable"wink or he switches powers so fast it doesnt matter.

For him to move/attack/defend at super speed while using his strength and invulnerability in anything like a functionsl manner should be impossible.
Except it never is.

It sounds like you're applying real world physics to him though.

Let's say that naturally he does have some level of enhanced durability and strength without having to "switch" to anything. I'm guessing he still can't rival a Class 100 unless he is in strength mode, and probably can't handle punches from one unless he is in durability mode.

riv6672
^^^No, i'm applying comics. UB routinely trades blows with opponents as easily as any other flying brick.

I always like this conversation, though. UB is an interesting character.

Horrificus
I dont think its fair. Mark has bug-goggles.

riv6672
I like his goggles.

Horrificus
I like his goggles. if course u like his goggles.
Everybody likes his goggles.
They r great goggles!

riv6672
I think a good pair of goggles compliments the right costume.

Khazra Reborn
Probably Mark, Ultraboy makes a good go of it though.

riv6672
Thanks, this seems pretty competitive, which is always nice.

Horrificus
I would like to take a moment and thank riv6672 for his support regarding my stance on the goggles worn by Invincible.

I believe we provided a strong argument for the "coolness" that a pair of goggles can add to the image of a comic book character.

The keyword here, is "teamwork".

If there are any further questions, feel free to contact me. Since I have recently finished my argument AGAINST the cod-piece worn by Yuga Khan, I am free to comment on this goggle issue.

Thank you.

H

riv6672
Dont even get me started on how i feel about a bad piece of cod.

Surtur
^^^No, i'm applying comics. UB routinely trades blows with opponents as easily as any other flying brick.

I always like this conversation, though. UB is an interesting character.

But if you were applying comics then you wouldn't really have to put much thought into his powers. He only has one active power at a time, it might not make sense, but it's comics.

So I would still say UB gets owned at super speed.

riv6672
I've never been accused of putting too much thought into ANYthing, mister, so watch it! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.