Remakes, Remakes, Remakes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

preston mullins
I just wanted to state that I think it would be cool if someone remade a movie that isn't necessarily old yet. Forget 'Ocean's Eleven' or 'The Day of the Jackal' and stuff like that.

I want to see someone remake 'Harry Potter', just the first one. Then, like, release it at the same time part three comes out, just for kicks.

Then they should remake 'Boogie Nights.' Same story, same dialogue, just different actors and producers and maybe a different director, just for the hell of it.

BackFire349
remakes are stupid and pointless. they are the ultimate haven for people with no creativity.

preston mullins
No, your thinking of movie forums.

SmokingIrishman
LMAO movie forums. Funny but not really true.

We have all these ideas and pointless theories that just bubble over cause nobody cares enough to look...

We have to much Creativity here.

Sometimes Remakes are good - for example...

Hmm...

Well nevermind then. Game remakes are cool though. I wish they would Re-remake Chrono Trigger into 3D, and ff7 with a graphics update (which they actually might, or so I've heard.).

Payce,
Ian da Smokin Irishman

Augeybana
Worst I ever seen was a remake of Pyscho.

BackFire349
if they're going to remake a final fantasy game, it should be final fantasy 3, best final fantasy ever, and would be awesome to see with updated graphics. and no preston, i was not thinking of movie forums, it takes much more creativity to post on a forum then to make a movie that has already been made once.

Tevesh
not all remakes are necessarily bad...granted most turn out that way..but weird al does a good job....wait that's music..ok yeah for the most part remakes suck

BackFire349
theres just no point to them, especially since the movie they remake are always the ones that are good. so its imposiible to improve on them. (psycho, TCM). if they're going ot remake movies, it should be movies that had a good premise, but bad execution.

Augeybana
The reason Psycho was bad was because it was scene by sneen like the original and why watch that when I can watch the briliant original.

preston mullins
Okay, I can agree that it does take more creativity to create a worthy movie forum post than it would to re-make a movie. I was joking, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this ingenius message right now. My whole point is to re-make new films just for the heck of it. For instance, what if somebody, probably someone with a lot of money and no original ideas, decided to re-make 'The Master of Disguise' starring Dana Carvey? They could do it right. I might even pay to see it. And what about 'Lord of the Rings'? In a sense, isn't LOTR a remake of a cartoon movie version adapted from a book?

Alright, let the beating begin. I can take it.

BackFire349
i dont think that constitutes a remake. the lord of the rings cartoon movie was all 3 stories crammed into 1 movie, while the new ones are a trilogy.

preston mullins
Actually, all three stories were made into three separate cartoon movies released by Warner Bros.

Augeybana
Not a bad idea.

BackFire349
ive only seen the one called 'lord of the rings'

Augeybana
Didn't know that there was a cartoon for LOTR.

Thomas H
dont like remakes!

Augeybana
Like some but not The Haunting the original was better.

preston mullins
Peter Jackson is re-making King Kong. I heard he's adding several action scenes that were never in the original, one being a dog fight in the beginning of the film where the pilot's plane crashes on the island where Kong is discovered. Kong isn't the only giant on the island either. Supposedly there will be dinasaurs living there as well. How could you not want to see that?

BackFire349
i wanna see it for sure.

BOPRecruit 16
i hear there's going to be a remake of casablanca with j.lo and ben as the lead. that's sounds disasterous. the original was just fine, don't butcher the poor thing! sheesh! also, there was another old movie that was featuring lance bass...can't remember the name though. most of the remakes these days, just butcher the original to death. don't you agree? ^.~ PhOeNiX

GordonSkywalker
I agree for what it is worth. Most remakes are flops at the box office anyhow.

chico23
Yeah some people can't leave well enough alone. Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck in Casablanca...Oh my I think I hear a flop coming.

Kes
The problem is that usually the original is really old and considered a classic but if you think about it the originals are sometimes really simple movies that for some reason were turned into myths.Also originals are watched with the idea that it was filmed in another era and re-makes are watched as if its from nowdays, they either change it to fit the times and are beaten by fans or do it like the other and the movie turns crap because the times have changed!

Johnlindsey289
You wouldn't believe what they are remaking next that now the remakes to " The Ring", " Texas Chainsaw Massacre", " Dawn of the Dead" and " Manchaurian Candidate" have been successful:

"Suspiria".
" Back To School".
" The Last Unicorn" ( Now in live-action).
" Assault on Precinct 13".
" The Flight of the Phoenix".
" The Posideon Adventure".
" The Bad News Bears".
" The Longest Yard".
" Prom Night".
" The Hills Have Eyes".
" Transformers: The Movie".
" Invasion of the Body Snatchers".
" King Kong".
" The Fly" ( Made for TV movie).
" Charlie and The Chocolate Factory".
" Dark Water".
" The Grudge".

Do you think these remake ideas are good or things that can't be broken then fixed?

Cinemaddiction
Most of those I couldn't care less about. If anything, they'll raise awareness to the originals, which from the likes of it, probably could benefit from a remake.

SlipknoT
Hasnt Invasion of the Body Snatchers been remade like 2 times already?

Mr Zero
" Assault on Precinct 13".
" The Flight of the Phoenix".
" King Kong".

Perfectly good movies already that still bear up to viewing - Remake? Why? makes no sense...

" Dark Water".
" The Grudge".

Obviously a lot more people are going to want to see a sub-standard non-scary version of a horror movie as long as it's in English and they dont have to strain what little brain they have.

" Charlie and The Chocolate Factory".

Well now - see - a film that again really doesn't need a remake, or readapting... but I've got "insider knowledge" about this production and its damn well going to kick your ass.

Major Knight
Wow tranformers:the movie would be cool just becuase i loved those guys as a kid but are they doing it as a cartoon? becuase i've heard they might be doing a tranformers movie, but no cartoon.

forumcrew
transformers is live action i believe (with loads of cgi ofcourse) and its not supposed to be a remake of the old one.. charlie and the factory doesnt need one.. but with tim burton and johnny depp its gonna be awesome

vvvrulz
Remakes i dont mind too much, providing that they pull it off. Here is a list of reasons why this hardly ever happens, consider these god awful remakes:

The Jackel
Planet of the Apes
A Perfect Murder
Get Carter
Diaboligue
Psycho

The chances of ruining a movie versus improving it are pretty slim through my eyes.

The Tater
There are three remakes I am looking forward to:

King Kong
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
War of the Worlds

MildPossession
I just can't believe America are remaking Infernal Affairs, tut tut.

Black Christmas was going to get a remake, are they still going ahead with remaking a classic?

ScarFace Clone
Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory is being remade soon. {lol}

SaTsuJiN
they're also remaking Ju'on (the grudge) and Shall we dance?
both are japanese films being remade for western audiences.. which tend to suck.. sick

Neo_Version 7
Hey, the Ring wasn't so bad.

Mr Zero
In fact it's not so much a remake of the first movie as a return to the book - hence "Charlie and the chocolate factory"

And it's going to be great.

The Tired Hiker
Remakes don't surprise me anymore. My parents have always said, "Hey, you should watch the original 'Ocean's Eleven' or 'Planet Of The Apes' or 'Psycho', which I usually check out and compare and contrast with the new versions for some form of entertainment I cannot explain. Of course we will be telling the same thing to our kids, or our sister's kids, for I cannot fathom having kids of my own at this moment. But, yeah. I can't wait to tell my niece when she's 17 to rent the original 'Joe Dirt', or the original 'BaseketBall'.

Spike Eccles
The only remakes that actually work are the ones from the Golden Age of cinema, for instance, the 1959 Ben Hur is far better than the silent version. Elsewhere, remakes are a sure sign of Hollywood slowly, gradually running out of potent ideas of decent screen entertainment.
The remake of Psycho proves this beyond a doubt. What were they thinking? 'Oops, we've run out of movie scripts! I know what we'll do...we'll crap all over a recognised masterpiece by a renown director long dead. Great idea!!!'

For the record, here are eight reasons why i believe remakes should be outlawed by all good cinemagoers who appreciate originality in an artform that used to revel in such things....

1. psycho (1998)
2. the italian job, without the cockney bloke (obviously)
3. house on haunted hill
4. (deep shudder)...The Haunting
5. alfie (again, without the cockney bloke)
6. get carter (same as above, even though he's actually in this version)
7. planet of the apes (Tim Burton finally loses it)
8. rear window (patronising Chris Reeves is one thing, spitting on Hitch twice is another)

if theres more, please enlighten me. I know there is but typing the words planet, apes and tim burton in the same sentence did me in....

MildPossession
"Suspiria". - Bad idea remaking

" Assault on Precinct 13". - Original is a classic, but will be interesting to see what they do

" The Posideon Adventure". - First was good enough

" Prom Night". - Pointless remaking a slasher film which was one of the better ones during the time, I loved Prom Night.

" The Hills Have Eyes". - Not bothered, be interesting to compare.

" Invasion of the Body Snatchers". - Been made 3 times already! Liked everyone of these.

" King Kong". - Naomi Watts and Peter Jackson, can't complain

" Charlie and The Chocolate Factory".- Looks interesting, can't wait!!

" Dark Water". - Think this remake will do very well, especially with Connolly in the lead, and also a good director.

" The Grudge". - Was pretty pointless

botankus
I'm just waiting for someone to remake Saving Private Ryan, or at least start another thread about it.

McBane
What the hell happened with the remake of the Italian Job?
The original was a classic with the great chase scenes and Britains greatest ever car in the world. The American Italian Job sucked soo much - anyone enjoy it?
Bad Remake of the Mini hence bad remake of a film.
Surley the film was made as a marketing scam.
Gaz

Aku
Dawn of the dead (2004) is proper classic. Better than the original. Although completely different.

roundisfunny
As long as they're remaking so many classics, how about:

Von Ryan's Express
The Great Escape
Beau Geste (because you just can't have too many)
North by Northwest
Revenge of the Nerds

GreenyGreenwell
cant wait to see the remake of Assault on Precinct 13. i love that film.

Wolfie
They're remaking The Evil Dead too. *shudders*

McBane
Hopefully it will be as hilarious as the first.

crickey77
I'm excited about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Kong. I hadn't heard anything about Transformer, but that should be pretty cool.

Have you guys heard they are remaking "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe"? I loved the books but I wasn't a fan of the BBC version so I think they could def. use a remake on this one. My friend just sent me an article from a set visit: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/569/569887p1.html?fromint=1 Looks pretty cool to me, def. worth checking out...

McBane
interesting
gaz

Liquidice
to be honest its gettin really tedious, theres just too many remakes about. and the recent flop of ' The Grudge' pushed into the same category as ' The Ring '. they take the idea and they ruin it by releasing a disastorous remake. and as for using sarah michelle gellar as the lead in the grudge??? wrong choice or wrong choice?

Mr Wiggles
yes, the grudge was a terrible movie, wasnt it in japanese first?

and sarah michelle gellar cannot act...

Liquidice
yes i ahve the original japanese grudge and it is a ****ing great movie and then greedy producers beleive that doind a remake would bring in some money.

Solo
I cannot believe they're considering remaking Evil Dead.

Soth
Well I can test the validity of that, now can't I?

Dazzler619
I now heard that there making a Rosemary's Baby and The Thing miniseries

Lord_Andres
WEEEEEEEEEE! they are remakin The Last Unicorn big grin big grin big grin and Chris Lee will be in iT big grin Happy Dance

Liquidice
the remakes are just gettin pathetic

Corran
I have the Japanese version of the Ring, this was better than the 'remake' they'd have been better off releasing and marketing the Japanese version.

Liquidice
exactly, if they brought the original bk to the screen they would most likely make more money than the remake plus it would advertise world cinema to a more widespread audience

zast
as long as the remake is better than the previous one, i could accept that angel

Spike Eccles
remakes!!!!!

remakes!!!!

NO!!!
NO!!!
NO!!!

THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX???

NO!!!

ALFIE???

NO NO!!!

THE SOON-TO-BE-FILMED REMAKE OF SLEUTH!!???

HELL NO!!!!

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END???

ANY FEEDBACK ON THIS LUNACY WOULD BE NICE

You Suck
Assault on Precinct 13 was a good remake.

Solo
For every bad remake there's a good remake.

botankus
Your lunacy or Hollywood's?

kblixt
Some remakes are ****ing horrible & some are ****ing good period , end of convo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.