Was Shmi's death part of Palpatine's scheme?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
It was never made clear, but her death was a VERY important piece of Anakin's downfall. Without the dream and what happened to her, Anakin would not have been in great panic in EP III when he had the dream of Padme. I doubt he would seek the power of the Dark Side to save Padme simply because of the dream either. Since Palpatine had started to manipulate the Chosen one from EP I, it's hard to believe he was not involved in Shmi's death.

queeq
Why? Why does Palpy have to do with everything. Part of his scheming mastery is to use what is there to use. Palpy uses Anakin's fear to lure him into the dark side.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slowpoke
It was never made clear, but her death was a VERY important piece of Anakin's downfall. Without the dream and what happened to her, Anakin would not have been in great panic in EP III when he had the dream of Padme. I doubt he would seek the power of the Dark Side to save Padme simply because of the dream either. Since Palpatine had started to manipulate the Chosen one from EP I, it's hard to believe he was not involved in Shmi's death. Yes, he reached out with the Force to drain Shmi's life. He did the same thing to Padme, Qui-Gon, and Watto. Palpatine' is all-powerful, all-knowing, and is behind literally everything we see in the PT. It's all explained in this behind-the-scenes video from Lucasfilm.

queeq
Hehehe.

Bashar Teg
yeah it's not like the tusken raiders were capable of just killing her for the hell of it. they must have had help.

queeq
Palpy controlling their feeble minds....

relentless1
i don't think he was directly involved in that but I'm sure he foresaw it

queeq
No and no.

relentless1
Originally posted by queeq
No and no.

the troll is strong with you apprentice

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by relentless1
i don't think he was directly involved in that but I'm sure he foresaw it He foresaw everything that happened. He knew exactly how everything would wind up. He's super smart you guyz.

relentless1
lol. no wonder the star wars forum section is dead

Lord Lucien
Bring it back, Mannimarco.

queeq
Oh a forum is dead because we don't take every silly theory seriously? If that defines a forum, it deserves to die.

relentless1
no, its dying because you act like a ****, trying to shame people for whatever idea they come up with if it doesn't match your standards. Shame on you for being a weak mod and trying to bury and bully people like I watch you do here.

queeq
Whine whine... if Palpy could foresee all these things, why then was he surprised by Vader? Or even by Padme's aggressive actions. Just to claim Palpy foresees EVERYTHING is unfounded by everything that is there in the SW movies.

Hence my reply: NO!

Has nothing to do with bullying, it has to do with people coming up with theories that have been discussed to death here and who refuse to READ BEFORE THEY POST!

That modding enough for ya?

relentless1
who said he foresaw everything? of course he couldn't force everything but his ability to do so combined with his human ability to plan ahead and make contingencies is what allowed him to come out on top of the galaxy

Lord Lucien
who said he foresaw everything? of course he couldn't force everything but his ability to do so This is just one confusing contradiction.

combined with his human ability to plan ahead and make contingencies is what allowed him to come out on top of the galaxy No, his enemies' complete inability to not be hilariously stupid or conveniently retarded is what allowed him to come out on top. It was total ridiculousness and idiocy masquerading as a stealthy, subtle supervillain plot.

Shit plot, shit execution, shit excuses.

queeq
who said he foresaw everything? of course he couldn't force everything but his ability to do so combined with his human ability to plan ahead and make contingencies is what allowed him to come out on top of the galaxy

Well... you did:

i don't think he was directly involved in that but I'm sure he foresaw it

We should rename you: relentlesslycontradictory1... wink

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, his enemies' complete inability to not be hilariously stupid or conveniently retarded is what allowed him to come out on top. It was total ridiculousness and idiocy masquerading as a stealthy, subtle supervillain plot.

Shit plot, shit execution, shit excuses.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13py6c5BSnBkic/giphy.gif

queeq
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.