Animal Man vs Vixen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Classic incarnations for both.

Who wins?

beatboks
Animal man convincingly.

Buddy has shown far more versatility in animal powers and has shown using more of them at once.

cdtm
But isn't he limited to whatever's in the immediate area, while Vixen can dial the entire animal kingdom at will?

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
But isn't he limited to whatever's in the immediate area, while Vixen can dial the entire animal kingdom at will?

You said classiv versions of both. The area limit applied to "Classic Vixen" too in fact her are radius was smaller. Also classic Buddy could absorb and store an animal and use it when he wasnt near.frankly those limits never applied to Buddy for long and when they lifted they really lifted. So by the time they lifted for Vixen she could draw on a planetary level while Buddy at the same time could draw on a universal level.

Simple fact is classic Buddy could use the flight of a bird and senses of a dog and bat at the same time. Classic Marie when she used another animal power in flight plumetted like a rock.

They simply arent on the same level. The only time Marie comes close is when she briefly became a power copier and could use metahuman power sor those of aliens (when she used the power of Superman and green Lantern etc)

EcstaticGrace
I thought Vixen just chose an animal and then copied it's abilities at a great height. Looking at Detroit issues I never noticed her having to work with what's in the area.

beatboks
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I thought Vixen just chose an animal and then copied it's abilities at a great height. Looking at Detroit issues I never noticed her having to work with what's in the area.

two things
1. Detroit era JL is pre COIE so not what I'd call classic these days.
2. even in detroit era league there were inconsistencies. i recall a forset fire once where she was limited in what she could draw on becasue so many animals had instinctually fled the area. pretty sure it was a JL Detroit story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.