Elijah Snow Vs Manchester Black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://media.ignimgs.com/media/ign/imgs/minisites/topN/comic-book-heroes/54_ElijahSnow.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Original versions of both.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/square_medium/16/164924/2691671-4124690522-Manch.jpg

leonidas
this will be closed for spite. snow has zero chance to win this unless he gets prep. even then i can't think of anything off hand he would have to protect himself from black's tp. might be something i guess....

"Id"
Ahbi in this bytch
In 3...2...

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
this will be closed for spite. snow has zero chance to win this unless he gets prep. even then i can't think of anything off hand he would have to protect himself from black's tp. might be something i guess....

Elijah & Co. did prep their way into killing Superman...

Originally posted by "Id"
Ahbi in this bytch
In 3...2...

Surtur
Black stomps.

Originally posted by Digi

How'd they do it?

leonidas

ah yes. loved that book. still, don't recall anything explicit he could pull out to stop this level tp or tk. and snow also wasn't alone in that book.... big grin

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
Black stomps.

How'd they do it?

By ejecting him into space.

Because Superman needs gravity to fly, or something. In other words, an Elseworlds Superman, with different rules.

cdtm
Anyways:

Snow insta froze Dracula, so he might be able to hold his own in a quickdraw.

If he was close enough, which he shouldn't be. Black tp/tk kills.

Digi
Originally posted by Surtur
How'd they do it?

Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/W5p5nBx.jpg
As I understood it, he was stripped of his solar charge and ejected into space. He was later shown floating in space, super-dead.

ah yes. loved that book. still, don't recall anything explicit he could pull out to stop this level tp or tk. and snow also wasn't alone in that book.... big grin

The bait wasn't for you, ya dope!

cdtm
Like this:
As I understood it, he was stripped of his solar charge and ejected into space. He was later shown floating in space, super-dead.

Nope, whoever told you that was a liar, or didn't read it. smile

Elijah talks over the loudspeaker as his trap is sprung, and explains that he theorized Superman's ability to fly was dependant on using gravity. Put him in a vaccume, like the trap room suddenly did, and he loses all ability to control his flight.

Digi
He also mentions being cut off from diffused light. But sure, ok, don't really care. It's Planetary, and an Elseworlds-style story at that. Not really vs. forum fodder. I mentioned it as a joke, and posted the scan in response to the question about it.

cdtm
Whoops, skimming at work. ^_^;

And you're right, I looked at the scan and he does mention sunlight reduction. Although, in Planetary's case, it seems to operate more like the infamous Nuclear Man from Superman 4, where he instantly weakens.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Whoops, skimming at work.

And you're right, I looked at the scan and he does mention sunlight reduction. Although, in Planetary's case, it seems to operate more like the infamous Nuclear Man from Superman 4, where he instantly weakens.

No worries. And yeah, I mean, we learn zero from that scan, tbh. It's a one-off story without much context. It was just a fun story...I'm not trying to argue for Elijah in the thread or anything.

cdtm
No worries. And yeah, I mean, we learn zero from that scan, tbh. It's a one-off story without much context. It was just a fun story...I'm not trying to argue for Elijah in the thread or anything.

The Batman bullet deflection scene was awesome.

You could almost believe Frank Miller wrote that story, considering how Batman saves the day and gets the girl, while Clark ends up dead. smile

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
The Batman bullet deflection scene was awesome.

You could almost believe Frank Miller wrote that story, considering how Batman saves the day and gets the girl, while Clark ends up dead. smile

I enjoyed that part too. smile

That whole book (Crossing Worlds) is a pretty cool look at Batman. In the very next issue, Planetary ends up in Gotham city and in confrontation with Batman, where a dimensional rift is porting them between universes and changing the iteration of Batman. Adam West-era Batman, Dark Knight Returns, and a few others show up. It's a lot of fun.

leonidas
Like this:

The bait wasn't for you, ya dope!

me am sorry... embarrasment

it was a cool book though. thumb up frickin LOVED planetary,,,,

Digi
me am sorry... embarrasment

it was a cool book though. thumb up frickin LOVED planetary,,,,

Yup. While I think it's too subjective to be accurate even with just my personal faves, if I were forced to name a top 5 all-time, Planetary might be #1, and would only be fighting with 1-2 others for that distinction.

riv6672
Good stuff...thumb up

krisblaze
Unfortuante matchup considering that the entire premise for Planetary is Snow being ****ed by telepathy.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I reckon Chester stomps pretty badly here.

riv6672
^^^Guess we have winner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.