The Neon Demon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
zdbFznqc8S0

Nicholas Winding Refn's (Drive and Only God Forgives) controversial new film might be a step too far and is accused of courting outrage as merely a marketing ploy rather than for any artistic merit.

marwash22
a marketing ploy... to what end? What's being marketed? sex and violence... you mean like 90% of movies?

this didn't look all that interesting to me, but i don't understand that particular criticism. I also don't get what's controversial about it based on that trailer.

jaden101
Originally posted by marwash22
a marketing ploy... to what end? What's being marketed? sex and violence... you mean like 90% of movies?

this didn't look all that interesting to me, but i don't understand that particular criticism. I also don't get what's controversial about it based on that trailer.

It apparently has a long lesbian necrophilia scene with no real plot purpose.

Personally I've liked Refn's previous movies because his films are always visually beautiful (this looks like no exception on that front) but it's beginning to seem like he's putting more extreme material into his films because the stir it causes at Cannes is the only way it'll get noticed.

marwash22
loved 'Drive'. i thought 'Only God Forgives' was a piece of shit.

i do appreciate his style, though.

Patient_Leech
Was it just me or did Keanu Reeves seem a bit odd suddenly appearing very briefly in the trailer? lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.