Mental barriers in Legends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In a comic/novel I remember TPM Kenobi was stated as having erected a mental defense to a mental attack. In Path of Destruction Kas'im states that erecting a force barrier is one of the first lessons taught in a force sensitives training. Does this same training extend to attacks from telepathic attacks/sorcery? What are some examples of Jedi/Sith erecting barriers where no training was stated to have occurred?

AncientPower
The best example has to be Sidious, how much Sith training did he have yet was able to keep Darth Plagueis completely ignorant.

SunRazer
Sidious instinctively protecting his mind from Plagueis seems more like an innate power thing rather than a conscious attempt at blocking his mind.

Beniboybling
Pretty sure Luke tested for Force sensitives by invading their minds and seeing if there mind would push back, something that could actually physically knock them back.

ILS
thumb up Leia physically blew him back when be probed her mind, by instinct. All Force users supposedly have this kind of defence.

Zenwolf
They all do have a mental defense, Jedi are trained to master their bodies beyond their limitations and go through mental training. Sith I take the same way.

NewGuy01
Xedrix in SWTOR: Revan is another good example of this.

Darth Abonis
Yes it was in the Jedi Apprentice series. He blocked a memory wipe when he was captured.

Emperordmb
I know for the Jedi/Sith in the Ruusan era mental defenses seem a pretty standard part of the skillset.

cs_zoltan
What skill?

Beniboybling
shifty

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Beniboybling
shifty

Emperordmb
Tbf it's a pretty good era for telepaths.

I mean Bane apparently learned memory walk from the academy.

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by ILS
thumb up Leia physically blew him back when be probed her mind, by instinct. All Force users supposedly have this kind of defence. ah but not all can use it or have the same force caliber as rey didn't blow kylo back and shes like leia not having any Jedi training.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.