Black Bolt vs Richard Rider (Nova Prime)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
?

leonidas
good match. his shields could likely withstand the majority of the scream but if bolt kept screaming it would be tough. nova could win some, but i think bolt might have too much. without the scream richie would likely take him.

DarkSaint85
Nova Prime withstood Galactus' 'Herald My Rage' blast...

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/40000/1306588-annihilation6_016.jpg

Genii96
He didn't,he and his group teleported away before they were hit

DarkSaint85
I was under the impression he wasn't able to jump away in time?

Insane Titan
TBH it's unclear if he took the blast or teleported. He knew he couldn't tank the explosion but couldn't teleport. Yet they teleport to Annihilus after the blast

leonidas
yeah, i used that scan to support his shields in a tourney, but..... i don't think it's really very clear. it's always, frankly, ridiculous to assume his shields could withstand that blast when they've fallen before magnitudes of order less. still, they are strong, and could save him against the scream, maybe. but he'd need to take bolt out fast because a second one would likely end him. i just don't think he could take bolt out quickly given some of bolt's showings.

celeyhyga17
All signs point to yes since their teleporter needed 5 min to charge and needed 2 or 3 more to secure coordinates. Richard was stating those facts just as the herald my rage blast was about to hit them. We also see their suits in pristine condition, but now clearly look like they were just in a scuffle.

Galan007
"The Nova thing. SURVIVED the Devourer's rage, did you? Annihilus is IMPRESSED."

I really don't think Annihilus would have been impressed by Nova surviving the blast, if he had simply teleported out of its way. /shrug

leonidas
or maybe richie was hedging somehow. maybe he got just a piece of it or something. like i said though, that showing is so far beyond his typical showings that it should likely just be tossed out. though it did serve me very well. thumb up

Galan007
It's definitely an outlier, imo. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Richie also briefly fended off a blast from 2 Ka stone Sphinx. Just for reference Sphinx was able to battle Galactus when he had access to the Nova force matrix (though he did ultimately lose).
His shields can be beastly, but then again he's struggled to shield himself from Evil Quasar and Project Pegasus guardsmen.
erm

Inclined to say split, but gut says BB slight edge.

leonidas
yeah, it would be close. i think bolt just has more in the tank.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Galan007
"The Nova thing. SURVIVED the Devourer's rage, did you? Annihilus is IMPRESSED."

I really don't think Annihilus would have been impressed by Nova surviving the blast, if he had simply teleported out of its way. /shrug yeah it seems that way. But Annihilus tanked the blast using the Qbands and the rod, the blast drained him. If nova did tank the blast and seemed unaffected , which is odd considering their first fight and gap in power.

celeyhyga17
Annihilus took it virtually point blank. And WM regulates how much of the Nova force he can use.

Insane Titan
Nova was that far away though. World mind didn't restrict Nova against Annihilus though.

Surtur
How powerful would a shield need to be to withstand the blast of Galactus? I realize he destroyed like 3 solar systems with the blast, but it's not like all that energy was concentrated all in one spot right? It was spread out over a really large area.

Insane Titan
Annihilus was right next to the blast though.

Genii96
Originally posted by Surtur
How powerful would a shield need to be to withstand the blast of Galactus? I realize he destroyed like 3 solar systems with the blast, but it's not like all that energy was concentrated all in one spot right? It was spread out over a really large area.
A galaxy actually

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nova Prime withstood Galactus' 'Herald My Rage' blast...

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/40000/1306588-annihilation6_016.jpg

I love how both Dick-Rider and Annie go SSJ here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.