Marvel Earth - Marvel Space

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Rank who you consider the top 5 most powerful overall marvel characters in Marvel Space..

Heroes and villains apply..
Must be high herald or below..
Must reside in Marvel Space most of time..

Marvel Space

Rank who you consider the top 5 most powerful overall marvel characters in Marvel Earth...

Must reside in Marvel Earth most of time..

Marvel Earth

riv6672
Space
1. Thanos
2. Silver Surfer
3. Nova
4. BR Bill
5. Quasar

Earth
1. Blue Marvel
2. Thor
3. Dr. Strange
4. Hulk
5. Talisman

Yeah, my space list is all sorts of jacked up. I more or less stand by 3 out of 5 of my earth picks, though. stick out tongue

Genii96
OP said must be HH or below, thanos isn't HH

carver9
Space:

1. Surfer
2. Beta Ray
3. Star Dust
4. Drax
5. Thanos

Earth

1. Hulk
2. Thor
3. Black Bolt
4. Hyperion
5. Blue Marvel

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermex
Rank who you consider the top 5 most powerful overall marvel characters in Marvel Space..

Marvel Space
1. Silver Surfer
2. Gladiator
3. Beta Ray Bill
4. Quasar
5. Starhawk

Rank who you consider the top 5 most powerful overall marvel characters in Marvel Earth...

Marvel Earth
1. Thor
2. Blue Marvel
3. Dr. Strange
4. Apocolypse
5. Black Bolt

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Space:

1. Surfer
2. Beta Ray
3. Star Dust
4. Drax
5. Thanos

Earth

1. Hulk
2. Thor
3. Black Bolt
4. Hyperion
5. Blue Marvel

WTF Carver, is this more butthurt? Thanos is not only on the herald list, but he's FIFTH?

Surtur
Notice Hulk was of course #1.

EcstaticGrace

Marvel Space
1. Silver Surfer
2. Gladiator
3. Beta Ray Bill
4. Quasar
5. Starhawk

Marvel Earth
1. Thor
2. Blue Marvel
3. Dr. Strange
4. Apocolypse
5. Black Bolt

Done well,

carver9
He didn't say rank the "Heralds" in any specific order.

Time-Immemorial
http://s33.postimg.org/jxzm4mvm3/vegeta.jpg

Shut up Carver

nwg202
marvel earth

Graviton, Magik, Shaman x-man, Doc Strange, Spectrum

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur

I had no doubt about that.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by nwg202
marvel earth

Graviton, Magik, Shaman x-man, Doc Strange, Spectrum

Ah, so Spectrum is more powerful than Blue Marvel after HE upgraded her?

Have we seen Nate Grey in the NMU? I did think of Graviton as well, but he is not always at full strength.

Blue Area Vet
He didn't say rank the "Heralds" in any specific order.

What about the fact that Thanos eats heralds for lunch, breakfast and dinner?

carver9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
What about the fact that Thanos eats heralds for lunch, breakfast and dinner?

Surfer?

Blue Area Vet
Surfer?

Thanos dominates Surfer, so yes.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3377523-thanos+vs+surfer5.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace

Marvel Space
1. Silver Surfer
2. Gladiator
3. Beta Ray Bill
4. Quasar
5. Starhawk

Marvel Earth
1. Thor
2. Blue Marvel
3. Dr. Strange
4. Apocolypse
5. Black Bolt

Done well,

I believe that's me! Thanks.

Blue Area Vet
Guys, regardless of what you think about him, how in the hell can you NOT have Apocolypse as one of the five most POWERFUL on Earth?

carver9
Thanos dominates Surfer, so yes.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3377523-thanos+vs+surfer5.jpg

Who else?

hutchy1345
Iceman flash freezes thanos wink

Blue Area Vet
Who else?

What to you mean who else, are you drunk today? Hyperion, Thor, HULK, Drax, Black Bolt, Namor, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan, etc. Are you seriously trying to imply Thanos is only herald level?

carver9
Sorry Celey.

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/1.jpg.html
http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg.html
http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg.html

This was just 3 hits. Imagine what 7 would've done.

carver9
What to you mean who else, are you drunk today? Hyperion, Thor, HULK, Drax, Black Bolt, Namor, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan, etc. Are you seriously trying to imply Thanos is only herald level?

When did he own Hyperion? When did he beat Thor or Hulk. Context with Black Bolt. He did beat Namor in a prolong battle. He did beat Bill and Ronan.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by hutchy1345

Below Zero

Blue Area Vet
When did he own Hyperion? When did he beat Thor or Hulk. Context with Black Bolt. He did beat Namor in a prolong battle. He did beat Bill and Ronan.

The last time he came to Earth he whooped everyone's ass with ease. And prior to that, he mind controlled Hulk like he was a 1000 pound puppet and basically called him a retard.

WTF are you saying with respect to this thread, that Thanos isn't a herald? Good luck if you are.

Cogito
Sorry Celey.

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/1.jpg.html
http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg.html
http://s226.photobucket.com/user/HulkFights/media/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg.html

Imagine what over 9000 would have done ha-som

But really, cheap shot to the extreme. Thor is carrying Banner away to save his life and gets clocked mid flight.

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito
Imagine what over 9000 would have done ha-som

But really, cheap shot to the extreme. Thor is carrying Banner away to save his life and gets clocked mid flight.

Neither Thor or Hulk arms were in the air when both realized what was going on. Hulk was just able to deliver the first blow.

nwg202
Ah, so Spectrum is more powerful than Blue Marvel after HE upgraded her?

Have we seen Nate Grey in the NMU? I did think of Graviton as well, but he is not always at full strength.

Graviton has a ton of team buster feats including holding most of earths heroes in place at one time.

Magik is basically a walking hell dimension with a ton of hax abilities like illusions, magical tp, cloaking, time manip, transmution (able to affect a phoenix avatar) and soul manipulation and has an endless supply of demon hordes that killed all the heroes of marvel earth several times over. She's beaten opponents way above herald level with no prep nor plot

Shaman X-man and Doc Strange are pretty mainstream and well known so i don't need to elaborate on them

Spectrum admittedly is my weakest character here and could go down to certain character who can manipulate or absorb energy but she has insane speed and hax abitlites like intangiblity and invisibility. I could switch in Sersi for her i guess.

carver9
The last time he came to Earth he whooped everyone's ass with ease. And prior to that, he mind controlled Hulk like he was a 1000 pound puppet and basically called him a retard.

WTF are you saying with respect to this thread, that Thanos isn't a herald? Good luck if you are.

I have the comic. He fought Thor and Carol (snuck attacked her). He didn't fight any of the other hero's. He did punch Hulk but you probably want to re look at that scene. Hulk smiled at said punch. Thanos did mind control a passive Hulk, not denying that. I would mind control a power house like Hulk as well. Thanos knew Hulk had the potential to solo the Avengers. Sad he didn't do it on his own.

-K-M-
Graviton easily deserves a mention.

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=8376.0

Blue Area Vet
I have the comic. He fought Thor and Carol (snuck attacked her). He didn't fight any of the other hero's. He did punch Hulk but you probably want to re look at that scene. Hulk smiled at said punch. Thanos did mind control a passive Hulk, not denying that. I would mind control a power house like Hulk as well. Thanos knew Hulk had the potential to solo the Avengers. Sad he didn't do it on his own.

Thor hit him with what appeared to be a godblast and Thanos wanted more. I believe Hyperion was on the battlefield. I guess you aren't going to answer my question so I'm done.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by -K-M-
Graviton easily deserves a mention.

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=8376.0

But he hasn't done anything major in the NMU. Techninally, Starbrand should be #1 or above tier.

Blue Area Vet
Graviton has a ton of team buster feats including holding most of earths heroes in place at one time.

Magik is basically a walking hell dimension with a ton of hax abilities like illusions, magical tp, cloaking, time manip, transmution (able to affect a phoenix avatar) and soul manipulation and has an endless supply of demon hordes that killed all the heroes of marvel earth several times over. She's beaten opponents way above herald level with no prep nor plot

Shaman X-man and Doc Strange are pretty mainstream and well known so i don't need to elaborate on them

Spectrum admittedly is my weakest character here and could go down to certain character who can manipulate or absorb energy but she has insane speed and hax abitlites like intangiblity and invisibility. I could switch in Sersi for her i guess.

But why are you ignoring Blue Marvel?

-K-M-
But he hasn't done anything major in the NMU. Techninally, Starbrand should be #1 or above tier.

Actually recently took on multiple avengers in the last event Avengers: standoff

Interesting to note his shields were stopping female Thor and a bunch of avengers easily, but the new quasar burst them with little issue. So from that story... Female quasar > female Thor

carver9
Thor hit him with what appeared to be a godblast and Thanos wanted more. I believe Hyperion was on the battlefield. I guess you aren't going to answer my question so I'm done.

Thor hit him with lightning and Thanos tanked it. Hyperion fought Corvus the entire issue and was out after said fight.

I was just playing about Thanos being a Herald. I'm the guy that gives him every win against the likes of Gladiator, Superman (Superman giving him a hell of a fight) Thor, Surfer, and has voted for him against Darkseid. I also know what he has done.

carver9

Starbrand is probably a Skyfather, at worse.

Blue Area Vet
Thor hit him with lightning and Thanos tanked it. Hyperion fought Corvus the entire issue and was out after said fight.

I was just playing about Thanos being a Herald. I'm the guy that gives him every win against the likes of Gladiator, Superman (Superman giving him a hell of a fight) Thor, Surfer, and has voted for him against Darkseid. I also know what he has done.

giljotiini

riv6672
He's not versatile enough (to make #1 on my list).
As for Thanos, yeah he's high herald (to me). the upper spectrum of that class, obviously.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
He's not versatile enough (to make #1 on my list).
As for Thanos, yeah he's high herald (to me). the upper spectrum of that class, obviously.

No way. A high herald cannot DOMINATE another high herald, and that's what he does to high heralds on a consistent basis.

-K-M-
Here Graviton’ shields easily repel the full force of Cable, Vision, Deadpool, Quicksilver, Winter Solider, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Captain America (Steve Rogers) Iron Man, Rogue, Nova (Sam Alexander) Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Brother Voodoo, Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan), Human Torch, Synapse (Emily Guerrero), and Thor (Jane Foster). Interesting to note the new female Quasar ends up breaking the shield easily right after...."comics"

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/Avengers%20Standoff%20-%20Assault%20On%20Pleasant%20Hill%20Omega%20001-017_zpswbaksxyr.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/Avengers%20Standoff%20-%20Assault%20On%20Pleasant%20Hill%20Omega%20001-018_zpsuxhgrt5t.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Sorry Celey.

Hulk has one-shotted Thor in Hickman's Avengers and Bendis' Avengers Assemble, too.

Thor is a mid-meta character.

Insane Titan
When did he own Hyperion? When did he beat Thor or Hulk. Context with Black Bolt. He did beat Namor in a prolong battle. He did beat Bill and Ronan. I see you're still butt hurt and lying.

Hyperion was powerless to stand against Thanos fully letting go. He best Thor in infinity. There was no prolonged battle with Namor he simply crushed him. Again no context with BB he took BB's first full power scream then the 2 weaker ones then stomped him.

If you don't like ppl calling you out all the time, don't be such a lying troll in every post.

riv6672
No way. A high herald cannot DOMINATE another high herald, and that's what he does to high heralds on a consistent basis.
There's usually context to that.
And like i said he's upper end of the HH spectrum. These rankings (to me) are like weight classes, You can be in the same weight class and not be equal in power, skill, durability etc.

nwg202
But why are you ignoring Blue Marvel?

I'm not. He's pretty powerful. I just don't think his feats stack up to the 5 I've mentioned. Then again I haven't been keeping track of him in the Ultimates. So I'm not sure what new feats he's racked up lately.

TheHulk
Space.
Surfer
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Starhawk

Earth.
Thor
Hyperion
Hulk
Blue Marvel
Doctor Strange

riv6672
I forgot about Gladiator.

Surtur

He has complete control over his molecular structure though. He'd just mind blast Iceman.

hutchy1345
He has complete control over his molecular structure though. He'd just mind blast Iceman.
Iceman is everywhere so he probs couldn't mind blast him

riv6672
Or there's no way he vould miss. eek!

Blue Area Vet
I'm not. He's pretty powerful. I just don't think his feats stack up to the 5 I've mentioned. Then again I haven't been keeping track of him in the Ultimates. So I'm not sure what new feats he's racked up lately.

Dude, the feats he's had dwarf Monica's. And again, he saved her, then upgraded her powers.

Blue Area Vet
There's usually context to that.
And like i said he's upper end of the HH spectrum. These rankings (to me) are like weight classes, You can be in the same weight class and not be equal in power, skill, durability etc.

No he isn't, Silver Surfer is literally the upper end of the high herald spectrum. He is in fact the most powerful herald. If someone can clearly dominated him, multiple times, he's above the high herald category. Think about it like this. What's a low herald, Wonderman? Wonderman could not compete with Thanos AT ALL. He would be trounced like a child, so they could not be in the same "weight class."

Surtur
Iceman is everywhere so he probs couldn't mind blast him

He's not automatically everywhere, he still has a mind to blast.

I'm also pretty sure Thanos has had his body destroyed and healed from it.

riv6672
No he isn't, Silver Surfer is literally the upper end of the high herald spectrum. He is in fact the most powerful herald. If someone can clearly dominated him, multiple times, he's above the high herald category. Think about it like this. What's a low herald, Wonderman? Wonderman could not compete with Thanos AT ALL. He would be trounced like a child, so they could not be in the same "weight class."
^^^Sounds good.
Thats not how i interpret it, which explains my list choices.
MMA heavyweight class (as an example) is 205lbs-265lbs. Doesnt mean every 205 pounder can hang with the 265 pounders. Some can.
Factor in characters' power sets, skills, experience, fight stips...yeah, i dont think anyone here is going to agree with me at all.

carver9
^^^Sounds good.
Thats not how i interpret it, which explains my list choices.
MMA heavyweight class (as an example) is 205lbs-265lbs. Doesnt mean every 205 pounder can hang with the 265 pounders. Some can.
Factor in characters' power sets, skills, experience, fight stips...yeah, i dont think anyone here is going to agree with me at all.

You make sense bro. Let's put it like this, Thor did far better against Thanos than Surfer did and Bill took just as many hits from Thanos than Surfer and lived through it.

Insane Titan
You make sense bro. Let's put it like this, Thor did far better against Thanos than Surfer did and Bill took just as many hits from Thanos than Surfer and lived through it. because Thanos wasn't trying to kill BRB like he was Surfer.

CONTEXT, look the word up.

carver9
Originally posted by Insane Titan
because Thanos wasn't trying to kill BRB like he was Surfer.

CONTEXT, look the word up.

Proof. And Morg did better against Thanos than Surfer did. Surfer is a blaster. That's not going to hold against someone that does that AND can punch as well.

riv6672
Thanks, Carver.
Like i said, i dont expect people to agree with me, i just dont see things as cut and dried as most people i post with do.

Insane Titan
Proof. And Morg did better against Thanos than Surfer did. Surfer is a blaster. That's not going to hold against someone that does that AND can punch as well. read the story for once instead of just looking st the pictures. Thanos makes a point about not killing them.

Wtf are you babbling about, you don't even make sense.

carver9
read the story for once instead of just looking st the pictures. Thanos makes a point about not killing them.

Wtf are you babbling about, you don't even make sense.

So you have that scan telling us Thanos was holding back?

Insane Titan
So you have that scan telling us Thanos was holding back? carver stop a idiot you've read the comic as you've mentioned it countless times. Even Adam warlock tells Thanos he stepped in to stop him NEEDLESY killing Surfer.

Posting scans is pointless with you as you wil just dismiss it, like now you will say "no scan" means it doesn't exist.

carver9
carver stop a idiot you've read the comic as you've mentioned it countless times. Even Adam warlock tells Thanos he stepped in to stop him NEEDLESY killing Surfer.

Posting scans is pointless with you as you wil just dismiss it, like now you will say "no scan" means it doesn't exist.

Here...show me where you get the idea that Thanos is holding back.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647451_2.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647452_3.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647453_4.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647454_5.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647455_6.jpg
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647456_7.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647457_8.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647458_9.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647459_10.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647460_11.jpg

Insane Titan
You mean apart from the fact he's toying with and casually talking to BRB throughout the whole fight lol. Hell Thanos casually pimp slaps BRB away, if he'd of wanted to kill him he would of carried on. Warlock confirms about not killing people needlessly.

carver9
You mean apart from the fact he's toying with and casually talking to BRB throughout the whole fight lol. Hell Thanos casually pimp slaps BRB away, if he'd of wanted to kill him he would of carried on. Warlock confirms about not killing people needlessly.

Lol...he was breaking Bills bones and Warlock said in his current state, he would probably kill Surfer. Doesn't sound like someone holding back.

Insane Titan
Lol...he was breaking Bills bones and Warlock said in his current state, he would probably kill Surfer. Doesn't mean he is holding back. Breaking bones isn't killing its simple best down punishment, just like he explained to Ronan. Of course it does mean he's holding, it's needless to kill when you don't have to or it's not your intent,

It's lulzworthy you're trying to make this comparison in the first place as Surfers encounters with BRB soundly destroy your argument.

StiltmanFTW
Lol...he was breaking Bills bones

If Thanos was telling the truth here, then it's a helluva feat.

BRB, with his unique physiology, should be much more durable than Thor.

Also, I'm not sure about Stormbreaker being an inanimate object. I mean, Mjolnir is sentient --- and in some ways, SB is more powerful than Mjolnir.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
If Thanos was telling the truth here, then it's a helluva feat.

BRB, with his unique physiology, should be much more durable than Thor.

Also, I'm not sure about Stormbreaker being an inanimate object. I mean, Mjolnir is sentient --- and in some ways, SB is more powerful than Mjolnir. I took Thanos comment about SB as sarcasm.

Blue Area Vet
Here...show me where you get the idea that Thanos is holding back.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647451_2.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647452_3.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647453_4.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647454_5.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647455_6.jpg
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647456_7.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647457_8.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647458_9.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647459_10.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19647460_11.jpg

Ah, the whole thing? Oh wait, you probably aren't serious.

carver9
Breaking bones isn't killing its simple best down punishment, just like he explained to Ronan. Of course it does mean he's holding, it's needless to kill when you don't have to or it's not your intent,

It's lulzworthy you're trying to make this comparison in the first place as Surfers encounters with BRB soundly destroy your argument.

NOTHING in that showing proves Thanos was holding back. NOTHING!!!

StiltmanFTW
Maybe he wasn't holding back *much*, but he certainly wasn't going for the kill, either.

Insane Titan
NOTHING in that showing proves Thanos was holding back. NOTHING!!! apart from the pictures and the txt. You do struggle with both so I will allow you the benefit of the doubt.

As Stilt just said its clear Thanos wasn't going for the kill like he was with Surfer.

Blue Area Vet
Thanos called beating them "A little exercise" and wasn't even angry. Warlock was scared Thanos was gowing to KILL Surfer, so he KOed Surfer. Two questions arise:

a) riv, how the hell can you with a straight face say Thanos is just a herald, and b) with everyone seeingredients how powerful Warlocks Quantum Magic is, how can Vulcan feat of taking his magic be taken lightly?

Blue Area Vet
apart from the pictures and the txt. You do struggle with both so I will allow you the benefit of the doubt.

As Stilt just said its clear Thanos wasn't going for the kill like he was with Surfer.

He wasn't going for the kill with Surfer, either, which is more impressive. He reacted to Surfer posing a little more of a challenge, that's all. Warlock stepped in so Thanos wouldn't commit manslaughter, not murder.

Insane Titan
Thanos called beating them "A little exercise" and wasn't even angry. Warlock was scared Thanos was gowing to KILL Surfer, so he KOed Surfer. Two questions arise:

a) riv, how the hell can you with a straight face say Thanos is just a herald, and b) with everyone seeingredients how powerful Warlocks Quantum Magic is, how can Vulcan feat of taking his magic be taken lightly? Riv has flat out said he doesn't like Thanos and thinks he's over rated. When some one puts him straight on how wrong he is, he puts them ignore calling them fanboys.

carver9
Maybe he wasn't holding back *much*, but he certainly wasn't going for the kill, either.

What difference during that scene would make you think he was going for the kill?

carver9
apart from the pictures and the txt. You do struggle with both so I will allow you the benefit of the doubt.

You're becoming boring again. Anyways...the way he fought Surfer is no difference than what he did against Bill. He even had his charged fist.

StiltmanFTW
What difference during that scene would make you think he was going for the kill?

He could've used the eyebeams that downed the Hulk... certainly, such an attack would disintegrate Silver Eunuch shifty

Insane Titan
You're becoming boring again. Anyways...the way he fought Surfer is no difference than what he did against Bill. He even had his charged fist. didn't think it would take long for a excuse to crop up.

Charging his fists means nothing, he never charged his fists when fighting power gem Thor. His fight with Surfer was nothing like the same. Thanos punched surfer until he was dead, he let bill live and telling hint throughout the fight what was happening. Again you're ignoring what was said, other posters can clearly see Thanos wasn't going for the kill.

Tbh I wouldn't flame you as much if you didn't troll and make excuses every time someone proves you wrong.

carver9
He could've used the eyebeams that downed the Hulk... certainly, such an attack would disintegrate Silver Eunuch shifty

We both know it doesn't work like that. That's like me saying Thor hold back in all of his Battles because he doesn't use his lightning and other versatile moves during combat majority of the time. What else could Thanos have done differently to make you believe he wasn't pulling his punches?

carver9
didn't think it would take long for a excuse to crop up.

Charging his fists means nothing, he never charged his fists when fighting power gem Thor. His fight with Surfer was nothing like the same. Thanos punched surfer until he was dead, he let bill live and telling hint throughout the fight what was happening. Again you're ignoring what was said, other posters can clearly see Thanos wasn't going for the kill.

Tbh I wouldn't flame you as much if you didn't troll and make excuses every time someone proves you wrong.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647455/6.jpg.html

Read. This explains why Thanos didn't continue pounding on Bill. The point is, Thanos hit Bill just as much and Bill was conscious moments later.

Insane Titan
We both know it doesn't work like that. That's like me saying Thor hold back in all of his Battles because he doesn't use his lightning and other versatile moves during combat majority of the time. What else could Thanos have done differently to make you believe he wasn't pulling his punches? you used the charged fists as a indicator not me, I showed why using that is stupid. You mean apart from slapping Bill aside and not continuing to punch him on the ground like he did to Surfer. You can add to that he didn't blast much which always seem to be stronger than his punches. It's blatantly clear he didn't want them dead, Warlock brings the point up about needlessly killing them to which Thanos corrects him by saying he mistake himself having a little exercise as unbridled rage, in other words a Thanos saw it as a work out.

StiltmanFTW
We both know it doesn't work like that. That's like me saying Thor hold back in all of his Battles because he doesn't use his lightning and other versatile moves during combat majority of the time. What else could Thanos have done differently to make you believe he wasn't pulling his punches?

Look, it's pretty damn simple. He wasn't going for the kill, hence he was holding back. Thanos is a villain/anti-hero type, in the forum matches, he can go all out despite CIS/CIP rules.

Wolverine held back against Huntsman of Zeus, too, for the exact same reason - could've killed Huntsman right after outfighting him, but didn't.

Insane Titan
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647455/6.jpg.html

Read. This explains why Thanos didn't continue pounding on Bill. The point is, Thanos hit Bill just as much and Bill was conscious moments later. lol that should make it even clearer for you. It's this simple Thanos said it was a little exercise not a rage.

riv6672
Look, it's pretty damn simple. He wasn't going for the kill, hence he was holding back. Thanos is a villain/anti-hero type, in the forum matches, he can go all out despite CIS/CIP rules.

Wolverine held back against Huntsman of Zeus, too, for the exact same reason - could've killed Huntsman right after outfighting him, but didn't.
Nah thats not right.
Characters going all out happens all the time without them going for the kill.

StiltmanFTW
Technically, you're not going all out when you're not going for the kill.

It's in Thanos' character to go for the kill.

Insane Titan
Nah thats not right.
Characters going all out happens all the time without them going for the kill. if that's the case why did Surfer die and Bill didn't when it was clear Surfer was above Bill when they fought.

carver9
Technically, you're not going all out when you're not going for the kill.

It's in Thanos' character to go for the kill.

You can go all out without killing someone. You're basically saying that every hero that doesn't kill their opponent is holding back.

StiltmanFTW
Because they are. But it's in their characters to refrain from killing, not in Thanos'.

Blue Area Vet
You can go all out without killing someone. You're basically saying that every hero that doesn't kill their opponent is holding back.

WTF.....

If a character is going all out AND IT'S WITHIN THEIR POWER TO KILL THEIR OPPONENT and they don't, then they weren't going all out, they were holding back. Thanos was holding the **** back. A LOT. You are acting just as stubborn as you were when you were insisting that Thanos was scared of Gladiator and about 100 posters told you were wrong, then you finally admitted you were after Thanos beat the hell out of him.

riv6672
Definitely not seeing eye to eye with you and Stilt on this.
Its an interesting take on the subject though.

Horrificus
I can see where this is going.
Don't want any part of this... Yet.
But I can kind of see the logic in both arguments.
And, it might b good to get a final ruling from the mods, since it DOES have a big impact on a good chunk of match-ups in here.

Villains, Heroes and the characters lurking in the "Gray Area" between.
Who is going full-out, (kill or no kill)?
Who is holding back, (to prevent a kill)?
Who could be going either way, (depending on thier mood)?
And, what kind of "handicap" does this present, to be factored into a debate, in order to get the most accurate outcome?

But, like I said, I don't want any part of this.

smile

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus
And, it might b good to get a final ruling from the mods, since it DOES have a big impact on a good chunk of match-ups in here.

And, what kind of "handicap" does this present, to be factored into a debate, in order to get the most accurate outcome?

smile

thumb up

Every battle Hulk has loss, I can simply say he was holding back when he loss said fight. Every Superman fight, every Thor fight, every Bill fight...even his fight against Thanos...every Surfer fight. If their opponent isn't dying or near death, said character was holding back.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Horrificus

smile Thanos flat out says the beat downs he gave were a little exercise. It's incredibly ignorant to think he was going for the kill when you look at what was said and how Thanos went about the beatings.

Insane Titan
thumb up

Every battle Hulk has loss, I can simply say he was holding back when he loss said fight. Every Superman fight, every Thor fight, every Bill fight...even his fight against Thanos...every Surfer fight. If their opponent isn't dying or near death, said character was holding back. so you are just trolling after it been proven Thanos said it was just a little exercise.

carver9
so you are just trolling after it been proven Thanos said it was just a little exercise.

Warlock pretty much said Thanos was in a killing state.

Insane Titan
Warlock pretty much said Thanos was in a killing state. warlock says he fears Thanos MIGHT needlesley kill Surfer, too which Thanos corrects Warlock by saying "you mistake the desire for a little exercise with unbridled rage". Thanos words mean far far more as he's the one carrying out the action, to say anything other is just flat out trolling.

riv6672
thumb up

Every battle Hulk has loss, I can simply say he was holding back when he loss said fight. Every Superman fight, every Thor fight, every Bill fight...even his fight against Thanos...every Surfer fight. If their opponent isn't dying or near death, said character was holding back.
This is just an end run in reasoning to get to bullshit CBR blood lust threads. If characters arent killing each other it doesnt count? Screw that.

Insane Titan
I take it carver finally accepts he's wrong thumb up

nwg202
Dude, the feats he's had dwarf Monica's. And again, he saved her, then upgraded her powers.

I changed my mind. Marvel earth- Wiccan, Magik, Graviton, Shaman X-man, Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.